shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

GK2

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Will keep your posted. I live in a very rural (& admittedly slightly snooty) part of North West England. Everybody you meet has lovely things, cars & homes. Thankfully serious crime here is very low, as I don’t think bad people can be bothered coming out this far :lol-2:

I wear mine daily where I work in a big Sth Yorkshire city and at home in East Yorkshire and have never felt unsafe with it on. i hope you are able to get the model you want - how exciting!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This afternoon we have an appointment at a Rolex dealer in Liverpool. Eeek!

It’s my 50th in June & I have always wanted one, having worn my lovely Raymond Weil daily for the past 20 years. It’s time for a change & we are now in a position to splurge a bit, so I’m slowly working through getting ALL the bits from my dream wish list.

Mr T thought he’d get ahead of the game knowing there can be a wait time, so friends of ours who have NINE Rolex watches between them have been able to queue jump us. We are meeting them there & are seeing the Manager for a try on & some bubbles. He has already called in the models / combinations I want to look at in preparation. Fingers crossed I can get the one I want in time for my bday :kiss2:

EEK is right!!! How exciting. Hope you find something you love! We need pics!!!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
IMG_0777.jpeg

Annnd that’s it. Absolutely broke, but my current favorite piece in my collection. Hard to capture the iridescence of moonstone, 100000x better in person. amazing.

And for absolute funsies, the celestial crew.
IMG_0784.jpeg

Very celestial :)

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh I looooove me some moonstones. They are simply gorgeous. Ear shots pretty please?

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh I looooove me some moonstones. They are simply gorgeous. Ear shots pretty please?

When I get a good pic. Im feeling like @missy here with her glorious collection.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0777.jpeg

Annnd that’s it. Absolutely broke, but my current favorite piece in my collection. Hard to capture the iridescence of moonstone, 100000x better in person. amazing.

And for absolute funsies, the celestial crew.
IMG_0784.jpeg

Ooooh gorgeous!!! Bluelicious over the moon bluetiful!!!
Wear in good health and blingy joy :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEK is right!!! How exciting. Hope you find something you love! We need pics!!!!

Mr T took a sneaky pic of the tray, which was 3 watches short as the couple we were with plus myself were trying some on.

1ff663ae-453c-43e2-b849-5cb5dc1c284b.jpeg

We had lots of Tattinger & it was just a fabulous experience. I chose different elements from the ones we were able to try & the configuration I have ordered is this one, which should be just about here in time for my Birthday in June. Love the Wimbledon green (tennis fan) & the sneaky diamond Roman numerals at 6 & 9. It just felt so classy :kiss2:

8a974aad-20ca-4a72-8e0c-c900e206394a.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Mr T took a sneaky pic of the tray, which was 3 watches short as the couple we were with plus myself were trying some on.

We had lots of Tattinger & it was just a fabulous experience. I chose different elements from the ones we were able to try & the configuration I have ordered is this one, which should be just about here in time for my Birthday in June. Love the Wimbledon green (tennis fan) & the sneaky diamond Roman numerals at 6 & 9. It just felt so classy :kiss2:

:love:I love the FAAAAACE! I love the face!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

YUM!!!!!!! Great choice!!!!! And Im jeali of the champagne--I got squat when I bought my Yachtmaster!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought these from Pearl Paradise during a sale event on unusual colored Tahitians. I chose the pearls loose and asked to set it in their Blossom earring setting and Dew diamond pendant for the single pearl. I love buying from them, and I regret not buying an akoya necklace before prices went way up recently ;(

Here is a close up shot I took of all 3 pearls together that shows their overtones and luster :kiss2: Even my 6 year old son noticed them last night lol
PXL_20240130_025038984.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Ooo you should come post these in the Pearl forum!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock

What a lovely choice @Ally T.. I like the green dial. It is so very Rolex. Taittinger is one of.my fav champagne producers too. Not too big and still family-owned. Wishing you many happy and memorable times ahead!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for setting ideas for my new precision cut cushion lab ruby 10 mm x 10 mm from Finewater gems. In real life she looks less raspberry and more fire engine red. I am in love with the cut. Waaaaay more sparkle than a chatham sapphire I got during the pandemic and just so so perfect.

IMG_9108.jpeg

I was leaning toward a setting like the one below with maybe a bit more gold but now i am wondering if she deserves to be a cocktail ring in a halo. Feel free to post suggestions for either a pendant or rings. Likely she will go into 18 kt gold but if there are diamonds then they might be in white gold. IMG_9101.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for setting ideas for my new precision cut cushion lab ruby 10 mm x 10 mm from Finewater gems. In real life she looks less raspberry and more fire engine red. I am in love with the cut. Waaaaay more sparkle than a chatham sapphire I got during the pandemic and just so so perfect.

IMG_9108.jpeg

I was leaning toward a setting like the one below with maybe a bit more gold but now i am wondering if she deserves to be a cocktail ring in a halo. Feel free to post suggestions for either a pendant or rings. Likely she will go into 18 kt gold but if there are diamonds then they might be in white gold. IMG_9101.jpeg

That's hard, because I am loving the pendant example!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Something I've wanted for *sure* a long time --

Matches perfectly with the 1.51ct G SI1 Ascendancy diamond I bought from Good Old Gold some years back. I also have 2 x .41 ct F VS1 ACA diamonds from WhiteFlash, and I'll be making studs - the .4ct on top, and the 1.51/2 ct diamond below. Platinum setting, hoping for something that matches my Beloved 3 stone in basket style.

These will be my forever studs.

Please post when you have them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post when you have them!

Nope. Turned out to be too large for the design I have in mind. Sending it back, and rejigging with a new design I have in mind.

One step forward, 2 steps back....

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Something for the Lunar / Chinese New Year of the Dragon.
3.76 ct Mahenge reddish pink spinel with natural diamonds, 18K white gold, or
Or 5 ct ruby cabochon with mandarin garnets?
Which would you choose?
Indoor store lighting
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Which would you choose?
Indoor store lighting
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg

Are you asking for opinions on which one you should wear to the festivities or which one you should buy?

They have very different moods imo. The big splashy flower is wonderful and definitely an attention-grabber, whereas the spinel is showy in a quieter way, like it could more easily go out on the town or to a professional workplace, though that depends on your lifestyle too.

If you're considering what to wear, I'd say the big flower, if it fits with your outfit, the occasion and mood (Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Chinese New Year).

If you're considering which to buy, as mentioned, you might get more wear out of the spinel with diamonds(?) But it also depends on if you already have something similar to either of them. Nah, nevermind. of course you need both! :)

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Which would you choose?
Indoor store lighting
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg

You know what I'm going to say.
S P I N E L!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/community/css.php?css=public%3Alightbox.less&s=10&l=1&d=1706177061&k=601c37e315c99161c2232f4a2c741ae1fa9eecde" />

We had lots of Tattinger & it was just a fabulous experience.

Wow! You're able to just order like a regular person? What planet was this, may I ask?

Are things moving more toward normal with Rolex?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which would you choose?
Indoor store lighting
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg

OK I’m logging on again to give you an answer after I’ve thought this through!

Both are amazing but if I had to pick I’d pick the ruby simply because I’m at the life stage where I’d like a more scandalous ring that packs a punch! And I’m the sort of person who wears anything anywhere so the size won’t faze me!

That said the spinel is sublime! You really can’t go wrong so enjoy and post more pics!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Which would you choose?
Indoor store lighting
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg

Call me a peasant, but I love the ruby flower - strong colour and dramatic contrast. And how could I not go for a cab?

But the spinel is beautiful too, in its more subtle way. You can't go wrong with either.

Joanne10

Rough_Rock
I’ve just bought these on behalf of my mother. She had a very similar pair when I was younger, but pawned them during a rough patch in life. I’ve been searching for them for years now, and these finally cropped up! Can’t wait for them to arrive. They are incredibly sentimental to both her and me.
IMG_2234.jpeg

Last edited:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Are you asking for opinions on which one you should wear to the festivities or which one you should buy?

They have very different moods imo. The big splashy flower is wonderful and definitely an attention-grabber, whereas the spinel is showy in a quieter way, like it could more easily go out on the town or to a professional workplace, though that depends on your lifestyle too.

If you're considering what to wear, I'd say the big flower, if it fits with your outfit, the occasion and mood (Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Chinese New Year).

If you're considering which to buy, as mentioned, you might get more wear out of the spinel with diamonds(?) But it also depends on if you already have something similar to either of them. Nah, nevermind. of course you need both! :)
Thank you @seaurchin It is so kind of you to share your views. I was considering which to buy. You are right that the big red and gold flower would be in keeping with the festivities. Those are the classic Chinese New Year colors, and something of that size would be seen as hugely auspicious! Having said that, I am a great fan of neon

You know what I'm going to say.
S P I N E L!
Haha, thank you :love: @ItsMainelyYou
BOTH!!!! You need BOTH!!!!!!!

And more pics!!!
@mellowyellowgirl I love it that both you and @seaurchin said Both!

OK I’m logging on again to give you an answer after I’ve thought this through!

Both are amazing but if I had to pick I’d pick the ruby simply because I’m at the life stage where I’d like a more scandalous ring that packs a punch! And I’m the sort of person who wears anything anywhere so the size won’t faze me!

That said the spinel is sublime! You really can’t go wrong so enjoy and post more pics!
Thanks for thinking about my question :kiss2:A scandalous ring! I love the idea! :mrgreen2:
Call me a peasant, but I love the ruby flower - strong colour and dramatic contrast. And how could I not go for a cab?
But the spinel is beautiful too, in its more subtle way. You can't go wrong with either.
You, a peasant? Never! Like you, I love cabs and this one is highly translucent and looks like liquid.

So finally here is my answer. I decided the Mahenge spinel was rarer and more difficult to find. I already have two other ruby cabs set in a pendant. Well, do I have another neon pink spinel but smaller. So… presenting Burma little sister with Mahengr big sister. IMG_2894.jpeg

She goes well with kimchi stew. IMG_2893.png

It is rainy and cloudy here . Will take some pics in the sun tomorrow, I hope!
Thank you all again for helping me!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooooo neon! She’ll stand up nicely to Minerva!

Gosh you’re reminding me to take out the reds and yellows for Tet!

PS love that healthy halo!!!! It’s certainly not scrimping on melee size!!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Yaaaaaaas, spinelllllll. Always:lol:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results