shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh it’s so so delish @HS4S_2 Looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
It’s 10pm so it’s dark ( I couldn’t get the color of the sapphire to translate) and my plane just landed, but look what was waiting for me in the mail! I do love her stacked with her “big sister” (my 6 stone OEC) too. Can’t wait to take pics when the sun is out. IMG_0691.jpeg IMG_0706.jpeg IMG_0692.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ean Gorgeous! Please post ALL the pictures! Big sister, the lot!

Reactions: ean

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something I've wanted for *sure* a long time --

Matches perfectly with the 1.51ct G SI1 Ascendancy diamond I bought from Good Old Gold some years back. I also have 2 x .41 ct F VS1 ACA diamonds from WhiteFlash, and I'll be making studs - the .4ct on top, and the 1.51/2 ct diamond below. Platinum setting, hoping for something that matches my Beloved 3 stone in basket style.

These will be my forever studs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something I've wanted for *sure* a long time --

Matches perfectly with the 1.51ct G SI1 Ascendancy diamond I bought from Good Old Gold some years back. I also have 2 x .41 ct F VS1 ACA diamonds from WhiteFlash, and I'll be making studs - the .4ct on top, and the 1.51/2 ct diamond below. Platinum setting, hoping for something that matches my Beloved 3 stone in basket style.

These will be my forever studs.

Sounds dreamy!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds dreamy!

Thanks, Sharon. ::)

They'll be about 3.87 ctw, and I wanted the double diamond setting to be something a little different to single studs - partly for interest but mostly because my lobes are so huge and I need a little extra coverage. I also wanted to mimic the look of my 3 stone ring, and the proportions between my center stone and side stones on my ring are very similar to what the proportions between the 2 diamonds on these studs would be. So I thought it might be a nice set to wear together.

I did think about using my .95 and .96ct stones as the upper diamonds, and I won't make a decision until I see them all together. But I'm still thinking probably the smaller diamonds( 2 x .41ct) for uppers, and the 1.5ct diamonds for lower. But we'll see. If I go with the .95/.96 diamonds as the uppers, the whole set would be almost 5 ctw, so that would definitely scratch the itch! It's more about proportion, tho, and the look of the finished piece. So I won't know till I get all the diamonds together.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon. ::)

They'll be about 3.87 ctw, and I wanted the double diamond setting to be something a little different to single studs - partly for interest but mostly because my lobes are so huge and I need a little extra coverage. I also wanted to mimic the look of my 3 stone ring, and the proportions between my center stone and side stones on my ring are very similar to what the proportions between the 2 diamonds on these studs would be. So I thought it might be a nice set to wear together.

I did think about using my .95 and .96ct stones as the upper diamonds, and I won't make a decision until I see them all together. But I'm still thinking probably the smaller diamonds( 2 x .41ct) for uppers, and the 1.5ct diamonds for lower. But we'll see. If I go with the .95/.96 diamonds as the uppers, the whole set would be almost 5 ctw, so that would definitely scratch the itch! It's more about proportion, tho, and the look of the finished piece. So I won't know till I get all the diamonds together.

Do you already have the .95/.96 pair or is that something you would be also buying? Exciting project!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you already have the .95/.96 pair or is that something you would be also buying? Exciting project!

I already have them. They're in my clusters which, after 2 incarnations, have proven to be just too heavy, The settings have quite a lot of metal/platinum.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
It’s 10pm so it’s dark ( I couldn’t get the color of the sapphire to translate) and my plane just landed, but look what was waiting for me in the mail! I do love her stacked with her “big sister” (my 6 stone OEC) too. Can’t wait to take pics when the sun is out. IMG_0691.jpeg IMG_0706.jpeg IMG_0692.jpeg

:kiss2: Can I ask for details on this? Who made it, and how big the stones are? I have a suite of baby OEC's I'm looking to eventually use for something similar.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2: Can I ask for details on this? Who made it, and how big the stones are? I have a suite of baby OEC's I'm looking to eventually use for something similar.
Hey lala! It is a 9 stone OEC H/I and faces super white and VS. 2.8 mm stones and .73cttw. Dan M made her for me as all my other crown settings and for the price, it is great! Be patient though, as it took from August to now to complete, although I’m very patient and not in a hurry. And my finger size is 5.75, incase you’re wondering about the finger coverage.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was not planning on getting anything this year apart from perhaps setting some of my nicer CSs.

However, when I saw the Emerald roughs in Jeff W's latest Gem Scoop maildrop, I just could not resist asking him about them.

I got a lab-grown emerald cut Emerald from him a while back as I knew that's the only way I could afford a really nice Emerald.

It has yet to be set, as I do not wish to spend big money on a ballerina ringdant setting for a lab-grown stone, as the setting is expensive even with Moissanite!

I have now secure the smallest rough in this photo as seen in his Gem Scoop maildrop, and it should cut to a 2.4 to 3.8ct finished stone in Emerald cut, a lovely blue-green colour.

QQ图片20220927223405.png

He has also sent me two videos:

In this second video, the rough had been dipped in "refracto" fluid, showing more of the blue secondary colour:

DK :kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful and definitely a keeper!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was not planning on getting anything this year apart from perhaps setting some of my nicer CSs.

However, when I saw the Emerald roughs in Jeff W's latest Gem Scoop maildrop, I just could not resist asking him about them.

I got a lab-grown emerald cut Emerald from him a while back as I knew that's the only way I could afford a really nice Emerald.

It has yet to be set, as I do not wish to spend big money on a ballerina ringdant setting for a lab-grown stone, as the setting is expensive even with Moissanite!

I have now secure the smallest rough in this photo as seen in his Gem Scoop maildrop, and it should cut to a 2.4 to 3.8ct finished stone in Emerald cut, a lovely blue-green colour.

QQ图片20220927223405.png

He has also sent me two videos:

In this second video, the rough had been dipped in "refracto" fluid, showing more of the blue secondary colour:

DK :kiss2:

Woo hoo!

My mistake, in that my rough is the big one in the back left!!!

DK :kiss2::lol-2:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I have been on a pearl buying spree lately, and these just arrived today!

9.8mm Tahitian drops in 14k WG dangle earrings with blue body color and purple/cherry color toward the bottom
Chasiu Tahitian Drop Blossom.jpg

8.6 x 10.6mm Tahitian drop in 14k RG pendant (with a .03ct diamond) with pink / cherry / purple / blue / copper tones. The color changes so much depending on the angle, and my phone camera can only capture like half of what I see in person.
Chasiu Tahitian Drop Dew.jpg

Got some other diamond/gemstone ring and earring projects in the works, so can't wait to share those too when ready!

Last edited:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where do you buy your pearls from? Love those earrings!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Where do you buy your pearls from? Love those earrings!

I bought these from Pearl Paradise during a sale event on unusual colored Tahitians. I chose the pearls loose and asked to set it in their Blossom earring setting and Dew diamond pendant for the single pearl. I love buying from them, and I regret not buying an akoya necklace before prices went way up recently ;(

Here is a close up shot I took of all 3 pearls together that shows their overtones and luster :kiss2: Even my 6 year old son noticed them last night lol
PXL_20240130_025038984.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This afternoon we have an appointment at a Rolex dealer in Liverpool. Eeek!

It’s my 50th in June & I have always wanted one, having worn my lovely Raymond Weil daily for the past 20 years. It’s time for a change & we are now in a position to splurge a bit, so I’m slowly working through getting ALL the bits from my dream wish list.

Mr T thought he’d get ahead of the game knowing there can be a wait time, so friends of ours who have NINE Rolex watches between them have been able to queue jump us. We are meeting them there & are seeing the Manager for a try on & some bubbles. He has already called in the models / combinations I want to look at in preparation. Fingers crossed I can get the one I want in time for my bday :kiss2:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock

It’s my 50th in June & I have always wanted one, having worn my lovely Raymond Weil daily for the past 20 years. It’s time for a change & we are now in a position to splurge a bit, so I’m slowly working through getting ALL the bits from my dream wish list.

Mr T thought he’d get ahead of the game knowing there can be a wait time, so friends of ours who have NINE Rolex watches between them have been able to queue jump us. We are meeting them there & are seeing the Manager for a try on & some bubbles. He has already called in the models / combinations I want to look at in preparation. Fingers crossed I can get the one I want in time for my bday :kiss2:

Happy birthday in advance, @Ally T . Must have been fun at the Rolex store. :kiss2:
I admit I don’t wear my Rolexes in London. Too many thefts. When in London i wear my Blancpain Villeret which looks plain. I suppose there aren’t as many watch thefts where you live. Hope you will enjoy your new Rolex.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday in advance, @Ally T . Must have been fun at the Rolex store. :kiss2:
I admit I don’t wear my Rolexes in London. Too many thefts. When in London i wear my Blancpain Villeret which looks plain. I suppose there aren’t as many watch thefts where you live. Hope you will enjoy your new Rolex.

Thank you! Will keep your posted. I live in a very rural (& admittedly slightly snooty) part of North West England. Everybody you meet has lovely things, cars & homes. Thankfully serious crime here is very low, as I don’t think bad people can be bothered coming out this far :lol-2:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Chinese New Year (the year of the Dragon) is coming, and everywhere, there are dragon-themed things on sale.: clothes with dragon prints, dragon stuffed toys,, dragon pineapple tarts and of course dragon jewelry. I can’t imagine myself wearing anything with a dragon on it, so I decided to look for jewellery with a “Feng Huang” (Chinese Phoenix motif). https://www.chinabeastsandlegends.com/feng-huang

The jadeite phoenix earrings are so cute IMG_2868.jpeg

I decided on this,

IMG_2870.jpeg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

How exciting! Happy birthday in advance!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results