shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b -- love love love your Southern Cross design! Looks like it may be a weighty locket ... if you don't mind sharing, what does DK estimate the metal weight will be including bale? And, I forget, do you already have the chain for this new locket?

Separately, if you are hesitating on Beloved's transformation, I echo the suggestion to see if DK could fashion a complementary 2nd ring to wear with Beloved when you feel inclined to go 3-stone? If that doesn't suit, then recommend keeping Beloved intact until you are quite certain you wish to move forward ... maybe you just want to enjoy Beloved's solitaire perfection a little longer.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b -- love love love your Southern Cross design! Looks like it may be a weighty locket ... if you don't mind sharing, what does DK estimate the metal weight will be including bale? And, I forget, do you already have the chain for this new locket?

Separately, if you are hesitating on Beloved's transformation, I echo the suggestion to see if DK could fashion a complementary 2nd ring to wear with Beloved when you feel inclined to go 3-stone? If that doesn't suit, then recommend keeping Beloved intact until you are quite certain you wish to move forward ... maybe you just want to enjoy Beloved's solitaire perfection a little longer.

Hi @marymm :wavey:

I'm not sure how much it will weigh, but I know all up it's going to cost me about 7k. Not hugely expensive in the grand scheme of things, but a lot for a locket!

I had a hysterical "WHAT IF I'M GETTING IT WROOOOOONGGG!" conversation with Amy today and she reassured me a lot. She's sending a wax mold next week, so that should lock it down for me. And if I decide it's not right, I'll just be left with the most beautiful solitaire in the world! (Granted - that's screamingly subjective, I admit!)
My heart is with 3 stone rings, tho. It just is. And it has been since I was a child. If I don't do this, I'll always regret it - I know it - and I knew it when I first started with Beloved. Before she was finished - or even started! - I always knew I'd do Beloved - Past, Present, Future - at some point. It's just my thing, y'know?

If I decide I just can't part with her, I could always pull apart my cluster pendant and earrings, of course, and use those three centers to make a lovely, substantial 3 stone - it would be a hair under 3.5ctw. So if it comes to *that* - I have options.

I don't think it will, tho (come to that). I'm hoping I see this three stone and, in an instant - my heart will be gone for all time.

We'll see!

And Mary - it's lovely to 'see' you and I hope you're having a lovely spring!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is!

The largest diamond in the middle is 0.80 ct.

This is the current original length: IMG_5377.jpg

This is the length I want to have it shortened to, possibly a little bit longer than this but around here: IMG_5374.jpg

Even more amazing than I imagined… thank you for the pic!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
The official quote is in! $110,000 for a 4 prong 0.75 ct each 6" bracelet with certified F/G VS stones from WF. That's $20,000 less than my guess! I'm going for it! I'm beyond excited! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

I wanted to correct this - the diamonds are not 0.75 ct each, they are 0.70 - 0.72 ct each and there will be 25 diamonds in the bracelet, so they are about $4,000 each.

They initially said they would use approximate 0.75 ct diamonds, but it seems that there aren't enough in their inventory right now, so that is why the bracelet is priced lower.

If they had 25 0.74 - 0.76 ct diamonds in stock, it would be about $500 more per diamond, so $13,000 more in total. I actually would prefer paying more for the larger size, but since they don't have enough in their inventory there isn't much that can be done.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@marymm - I looked up the CAD - the weight will be about 45.5gms. The chain will be 16.03gms. The diamonds will be about .8ctw - maybe a smidge more - ergo .16gms. So, all up, about 61.7gms in total, or 2.18 ounces. Not much, in the general scheme of things.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ @mrs-b -- that is a lovely weight -- heavy enough to hang beautifully and to be substantial enough to be a functioning and accessible locket (some lockets are so flimsy one would hesitate to open them), yet still be comfortably worn -- I look forward to seeing the finished piece!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ @mrs-b -- that is a lovely weight -- heavy enough to hang beautifully and to be substantial enough to be a functioning and accessible locket (some lockets are so flimsy one would hesitate to open them), yet still be comfortably worn -- I look forward to seeing the finished piece!

Thanks Mary. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mary. :))

@marymm - here's the CAD, just in case you're interested.

DK 81303-QUAD-7.jpg

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This arrived the other day. I was going to use it with my Southern Cross locket, before I decided to go 18kt with the locket and, ergo, needed an 18kt chain.

I could have returned this 14kt chain, but liked it a lot, so decided to put a few charms onto it that have specific sentimental value: a diamond starfish bought by my husband on our last vacation to the Whitsunday Islands in Australia (my favorite place in all the world), a gum leaf and gum nut charm - reminiscent of my home in the Blue Mountains in Australia, and an American passport - bought for me by a group of lovely PS friends when I became a US citizen. The date of my citizenship is engraved on the back. So this is my Dual Nationality necklace. <3

20220524_165200.jpg

20220524_165135.jpg

So beautiful and meaningful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The wax model for my Southern Cross locket is here. Have given DKJ the go-ahead for it.

Front view: - 4 x 13 pointer diamonds plus one 5 pointer
20220531_133303.jpg

Back view: 1 x quarter ct diamond
20220531_133308.jpg

Nice and fat - it will be nice to hold and will contain 2 photos. :))
20220531_133847.jpg

Locket and chain will be 18kt. Chain is 30".

How did I miss this! It’s going to be beautiful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this! It’s going to be beautiful!

@MamaBee -

Thanks, J - I think so too. It's been a very long time coming and I love the way it's looking so far. <3

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is!

This is the length I want to have it shortened to, possibly a little bit longer than this but around here: IMG_5374.jpg

Wow!! Your necklace is stunning!! Looks fabulous on your neck.. not a wrinkle in sight. Love the shorter length.. just perfect!!
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here it is!

Gorgeous!

It would be nice if you could have it done so you could wear it as either length. Then it could go above or below the collar.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone. Not much to say… I was planning on upgrading my 1.21 ct LGD AVR but bought a moissy test ring in 7mm to check the size. Decided I would not wear 7mm regularly so it would not be worth $$$ to upgrade. So I “bought-another-graded” instead and got this EGD AVR. 0.95ct / 6mm which is on the bigger end of daily wear for me personally. Thanks for looking!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just reset my engagement ring for the umpteenth time…lol.
2F8DE808-1004-41D3-9C4D-944B214D2FDC.jpeg

Attachments

• 495EAECC-7E20-4D5A-A90F-CF15D304F2B6.jpeg
    495EAECC-7E20-4D5A-A90F-CF15D304F2B6.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 5E254022-CCA3-4A53-8C6F-536DA30E44E7.jpeg
    5E254022-CCA3-4A53-8C6F-536DA30E44E7.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 32

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Well you guys I did something I regret. I accepted Shay's offer for a 16 ct G/VS bracelet for an additional 15k. I got it today and immediately requested (and was approved) to send it back. My heart sunk when I saw it. The diamonds were not G color. They were so yellow, I don't even know what color they might be...maybe M or O? They were yellow face up!! They were more yellow than my lightbox lab diamond near-colorless earrings that my jeweler told me are a J color.

here is my G color WF bracelet next to my original 10ct Shay bracelet (that they said was also G color, and I would agree, the diamonds looked the same color as the WF diamonds)

IMG_5717.jpg

here is my G color WF bracelet next to the 16ct "G"/VS Shay bracelet I received today and sent back. Both pictures were taken in the same room, with the same lighting.

IMG_5716 1.jpg

Here's a picture of them side-by-side:
bracelets.jpg

They are going to examine the bracelet when they receive it tomorrow and see if they really are G diamonds and if they can "make it right". I have no idea how they can say that the first bracelet and this second bracelet are both G color, unless the diamonds from the second bracelet were graded by some shady lab.

I thought about requesting another bracelet with colorless diamonds, but I was given a quote for an additional $40k for F color and an additional 70k for D/E color, and there's no way I'm giving anymore money to Shay. I'm done. I asked for my original 10ct bracelet back, but they said they sent it to one of their retail stores and can't get it back for me. So idk what's going to happen, but I'm not giving them anymore money. I've now sent two bracelets back, spent a total of $54,000 on this bracelet, and I'm not happy. At this point I'm considering it a wash and not expecting to get a bracelet from them that I am happy with, hopefully they will agree to a refund. If they don't I guess I'm out $54,000 and will consider it a VERY expensive lesson, but I'm not giving them anymore money. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me...and they already fooled me twice.

I will say they have been very accommodating and allowed me to return both bracelets without a fight, but I am just so disappointed and frustrated that they can't get this bracelet right. I'm tired of having to send bracelets back to them. I'm not the kind of person who returns things and complains or gets buyers remorse. I just want to get what I paid for. $54,000 is a LOT of money to have two bracelets sent to me completely and totally wrong and different from what I purchased. Buying a 15ct bracelet and receiving a 10ct bracelet, and then buying a 16ct G color bracelet and receiving a 16ct M, N, or O color bracelet, just what is going on???? I seriously cannot believe it. I have had good experiences with Shay before in the past, so I am just shocked at this.

I am DEFINITELY sticking with whiteflash from now on for all of my diamond jewelry purchases. I am still getting the WF 0.7ct stone per diamond bracelet made and I'm looking forward to it very much.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you guys I did something I regret. I accepted Shay's offer for a 16 ct G/VS bracelet for an additional 15k. I got it today and immediately requested (and was approved) to send it back. My heart sunk when I saw it. The diamonds were not G color. They were so yellow, I don't even know what color they might be...maybe M or O? They were yellow face up!! They were more yellow than my lightbox lab diamond near-colorless earrings that my jeweler told me are a J color.

here is my G color WF bracelet next to my original 10ct Shay bracelet (that they said was also G color, and I would agree, the diamonds looked the same color as the WF diamonds)

IMG_5717.jpg

here is my G color WF bracelet next to the 16ct "G"/VS Shay bracelet I received today and sent back. Both pictures were taken in the same room, with the same lighting.

IMG_5716 1.jpg

Here's a picture of them side-by-side:
bracelets.jpg

They are going to examine the bracelet when they receive it tomorrow and see if they really are G diamonds and if they can "make it right". I have no idea how they can say that the first bracelet and this second bracelet are both G color, unless the diamonds from the second bracelet were graded by some shady lab.

I thought about requesting another bracelet with colorless diamonds, but I was given a quote for an additional $40k for F color and an additional 70k for D/E color, and there's no way I'm giving anymore money to Shay. I'm done. I asked for my original 10ct bracelet back, but they said they sent it to one of their retail stores and can't get it back for me. So idk what's going to happen, but I'm not giving them anymore money. I've now sent two bracelets back, spent a total of $54,000 on this bracelet, and I'm not happy. At this point I'm considering it a wash and not expecting to get a bracelet from them that I am happy with, hopefully they will agree to a refund. If they don't I guess I'm out $54,000 and will consider it a VERY expensive lesson, but I'm not giving them anymore money. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me...and they already fooled me twice.

I will say they have been very accommodating and allowed me to return both bracelets without a fight, but I am just so disappointed and frustrated that they can't get this bracelet right. I'm tired of having to send bracelets back to them. I'm not the kind of person who returns things and complains or gets buyers remorse. I just want to get what I paid for. $54,000 is a LOT of money to have two bracelets sent to me completely and totally wrong and different from what I purchased. Buying a 15ct bracelet and receiving a 10ct bracelet, and then buying a 16ct G color bracelet and receiving a 16ct M, N, or O color bracelet, just what is going on???? I seriously cannot believe it. I have had good experiences with Shay before in the past, so I am just shocked at this.

I am DEFINITELY sticking with whiteflash from now on for all of my diamond jewelry purchases. I am still getting the WF 0.7ct stone per diamond bracelet made and I'm looking forward to it very much.

54k is A LOT of money to consider losing! Sadly, companies will tell you anything to sell you something. I hope they refund your money but my guess is that they will try to talk you into/offer you something else instead. I don't think the first bracelet they sent in the wrong size was simply an error. Their inventory should have told them they sent the wrong thing but they said nothing until you did. I would have stopped right there with them. You can't send good money after bad hoping that they will send what they say they will send. I can see the difference in the cut quality of the diamonds too against the WF bracelet so they wouldn't have anything that I would be interested in purchasing. Good luck - hope you get your refund - keep us posted!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
54k is A LOT of money to consider losing! Sadly, companies will tell you anything to sell you something. I hope they refund your money but my guess is that they will try to talk you into/offer you something else instead. I don't think the first bracelet they sent in the wrong size was simply an error. Their inventory should have told them they sent the wrong thing but they said nothing until you did. I would have stopped right there with them. You can't send good money after bad hoping that they will send what they say they will send. I can see the difference in the cut quality of the diamonds too against the WF bracelet so they wouldn't have anything that I would be interested in purchasing. Good luck - hope you get your refund - keep us posted!

Yes, you're completely right. I feel stupid that I was able to be convinced to send another 15k to upgrade the size of the diamonds from 0.4 to 0.5 each. I feel ashamed to even type this but they also wanted me to close the paypal case before sending the new bracelet out, and I did that too, so I don't have a recourse through paypal anymore. Not my best thinking :(2 I trusted them because I have had good experiences with them in the past and have bought a lot from their company. I definitely feel that I was played and taken advantage of. I don't trust them anymore, and I don't believe that they believe these are G color diamonds. I don't believe they can't return my original 10ct bracelet to me...the owner of Shay typed and deleted her text message about half a dozen times before finally sending me the text saying it was sent to a store and no longer available. I had just sent it to them one week prior, even if it was sent to a store, they should be able to get it sent back to them and then sent to me. I think you're right also that they knew they sent me the wrong size and said nothing, hoping I wouldn't realize it, especially because they believed me immediately without asking for any proof. I hope they will do the right thing and refund me, they messed up twice in a row and I don't want to get another bracelet back that I will most likely inevitably have to send back to them yet again. I just want my money back in full. I might have to get my lawyer involved if they refuse, because $54,000 is a lot of money for not receiving what I purchased.

Last edited:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, you're completely right. I feel stupid that I was able to be convinced to send another 15k to upgrade the size of the diamonds from 0.4 to 0.5 each. I feel ashamed to even type this but they also wanted me to close the paypal case before sending the new bracelet out, and I did that too, so I don't have a recourse through paypal anymore. Not my best thinking :(2 I trusted them because I have had good experiences with them in the past and have bought a lot from their company. I definitely feel that I was played and taken advantage of. I don't trust them anymore, and I don't believe that they believe these are G color diamonds. I don't believe they can't return my original 10ct bracelet to me...the owner of Shay typed and deleted her text message about half a dozen times before finally sending me the text saying it was sent to a store and no longer available. I had just sent it to them one week prior, even if it was sent to a store, they should be able to get it sent back to them and then sent to me. I think you're right also that they knew they sent me the wrong size and said nothing, hoping I wouldn't realize it, especially because they believed me immediately without asking for any proof. I hope they will do the right thing and refund me, they messed up twice in a row and I don't want to get another bracelet back that I will most likely inevitably have to send back to them yet again. I just want my money back in full. I might have to get my lawyer involved if they refuse, because $54,000 is a lot of money for not receiving what I purchased.

I don’t see how they could legally not refund you??

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

$54K is definitely the kind of money you involve a lawyer over. Without question.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results