shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have a 10ctw 3-prong tennis bracelet from WF, that I usually stack with a 15ctw 4-prong tennis bracelet from Shay Jewelry. The tennis bracelet from WF is my absolute favorite, it is soooo sparkly, but I often find myself wishing I went bigger.

I'm thinking of going as big as possible & getting the largest one they offer: a 15ctw 3-prong tennis bracelet from WF. Should I do it? :love:

I wish I could try them on in person to see the size difference from a 10ctw 3-prong to a 12ctw 3-prong and 15ctw 3-prong.

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

Three-Prong-Diamond-Tennis-Bracelet_gi_8102-1500_f-206885.jpg

Wowza! That's a lot of beautiful bling!

Can I ask what size diamonds are in the 10 ctw one from WF? And what size diamonds would the 15 ctw one have?

cardinalsfan

Rough_Rock
Both bracelets are supposed to be F/G color and VS clarity.

The price difference between both brands is extreme:
10 ctw 4-prong Shay bracelet - $33,000 USD
15 ctw 4-prong Shay bracelet - $39,000 USD
10 ctw 3-prong WF bracelet - $28,000 USD
15 ctw 3-prong WF bracelet - $90,000 USD

The 15 ctw WF bracelet is double the price of Shay's 15 ctw, but the 10 ctw WF bracelet is less than Shay's 10 ctw? Not sure what is going on there!

I got the Shay tennis bracelet first and I was absolutely in love and blown away when I first saw it. I purchased from them because they were the only ones I could find at the time offering a customized 6" length, because I'm lazy and didn't want to take it to a jeweler after purchasing. The diamonds are very sparkly, bright, and white, but there isn't a lot of fire which is what I really love. In fact, I would actually say there is almost no fire and primarily a lot of white brilliance.

Then I purchased the WF tennis bracelet, and suddenly the Shay bracelet didn't seem so sparkly anymore (yes, I keep it clean - I clean it regularly with a soft toothbrush, warm water, & dish soap). The diamonds on the WF bracelet are so incredibly sparkly and have so much fire, I've never seen anything else like it. I catch myself staring at it often. Even when the WF diamonds start to get dirty, they are still incredibly sparkly and have intense fire. The Shay diamonds get very dull, cloudy, and lose their sparkle pretty quickly when they are due for a cleaning.

Even when both bracelets are equally clean, the Shay diamonds are still disappointing (dull, cloudy, no fire) compared to the WF diamonds (constant firework show). On their own the Shay diamonds don't look dull or cloudy but when next to WF....the difference is very noticeable.

Thank you so much for the comparison!! It is much appreciated and such an endorsement for going for the best cut quality possible. I hope you do get the WF 15 ctw!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

10 ctw WF: 0.29 carat each
15 ctw WF: 0.50 carat each

What you could do, if you wanted to see/understand the visual difference in those two sizes, would be buy a few loose CZs in those sizes and play with them. I bought a bunch of CZs on Etsy in all different sizes to help me visualize projects I was contemplating. It really helped me understand. They are very inexpensive and you can get them in very very small mm size differences.

The 0.29 ct would be approximately 4.25mm and your 0.50 would be about 5 mm.

Hope this helps!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Making a move on my Southern Cross locket...in that, I bought the chain to hang it from! I hope it's sufficiently sturdy; the links are solid, not hollow, and are 2.5mm in width and the chain is 24" long. Yay! Just about to send Amy at DKJ an email on how I want this to look and what proportions I'm after. This will be a gift from my wonderful husband.

Wooooot!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got the label from David to send him Winter, my 3.01 VSI ACA! This will be the final setting for it. I’ll be mailing it out on Wednesday! Gulp!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got the label from David to send him Winter, my 3.01 VSI ACA! This will be the final setting for it. I’ll be mailing it out on Wednesday! Gulp!!

Gaaaaaaahhhh! I can feel the stress from here!! Good luck, @MamaBee!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exciting!! Really looking forward to seeing it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can’t wait to see it!! Love tapered bag settings.

Thanks @Slick1! I’m going to basically do the same setting I did for Libby the second time..I think most people like a really low setting..but I love the cupcake Valoria setting. I love seeing the side view where the diamond is a little higher above the baguettes. The Valoria was beautiful but I just missed my baguette setting. I hope that since Winter is bigger than Libby I will get a side view like the Valoria. :pray:

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1! I’m going to basically do the same setting I did for Libby the second time..I think most people like a really low setting..but I love the cupcake Valoria setting. I love seeing the side view where the diamond is a little higher above the baguettes. The Valoria was beautiful but I just missed my baguette setting. I hope that since Winter is bigger than Libby I will get a side view like the Valoria. :pray:

Exciting - any idea about a timeline or is it too early to know yet?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have a few snaps so far but here you go! It’s 18 inches and graduated from 5mm to 12mm. It doesn’t look quite as chunky on me, I think the model was more petite! The beads are hollow but sturdy and it’s strung on a good weight box chain.

I wore it with a casual outfit today and it will be easy to dress it up or down- I wanted something versatile like a strand of pearls but in yellow gold.

9D07FE2F-17BF-41CC-BD4B-9BFEF2EF27AE.jpeg

B640B386-DCAE-4CE8-95E4-0021F6B5D0E9.jpeg C78084C1-D097-4DCF-949F-AFC2E9AB1867.jpeg

Oh these are gorgeous
Well done indeed
You have done a great job with the graduation
I do love a graduated necklace

i read somewhere its not so much pearl graduated necklaces went out of fashion ad it just got too exspensive and time consuming to produce them

Im afraid i don't pop into this thread often enough as i have to stay focused on my repairs and not think about new things

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exciting - any idea about a timeline or is it too early to know yet?

I didn’t mail it to him yet..I’m in Maryland. We drive home to Pa tomorrow. I’ll either mail it tomorrow if I get home early enough or Wednesday. I never ask him how long it will take. I just check my email daily and sometimes in the middle of the night! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An small OEC, either an earth-mined diamond or a LGD in a Gypsy rub over setting in either 10K WG or Platinum for a RHR.

DK :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrs B do you have a thread on your southern cross necklace?

Not yet - but I'll do one when it's finished. It's just going to be a yellow gold, oval-shaped locket, with the southern cross done in diamonds on the front, and a diamond representing the pointer star on the back. It will hold 2 photos.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
PS: I'm rooting for the 15 ctw WF bracelet! You absolutely must show us if you buy it! What a holy grail piece it would be!!!

Thank you so much, and thank you for your suggesting of buying CZs to get a sense of the size difference!

WF sent me a picture of the difference between the size of diamonds....

I was unsure if I want to go with 12.4 or 15. I decided to just go for the 15, because I don't want to buy the 12.4 and want to upgrade later. It saves more money just going straight for the 15 :lol-2: Also, since I am planning to keep the 10 ctw at least for now, I feel like with the 12.4 ctw the size difference might not seem worth it to me. I think with the 15 ctw, the size difference will be very noticeable.

It's happening!!! I'm making the purchase and will be wiring the funds this week! I'm so excited!!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

10 ctw is 0.3 size diamonds
12.4 ctw is 0.4 ct diamonds
15 ctw is 0.5 ct diamonds:

0.jpg

ETA: I have one more choice to make!

I was offered that WF can make the bracelet with certified diamonds, which will take 6 weeks production time, instead of 3 weeks with the pre-set. I am very happy with the 10 ctw pre-set diamonds, they are extremely sparkly, so I am leaning towards going for those. However, I am expecting this to be my last tennis bracelet purchase for the rest of my life as I can't imagine going any larger, so maybe it is worth it to go for certified. They are going to get back to me with a quote so I can see the price difference.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, and thank you for your suggesting of buying CZs to get a sense of the size difference!

WF sent me a picture of the difference between the size of diamonds....

I was unsure if I want to go with 12.4 or 15. I decided to just go for the 15, because I don't want to buy the 12.4 and want to upgrade later. It saves more money just going straight for the 15 :lol-2: Also, since I am planning to keep the 10 ctw at least for now, I feel like with the 12.4 ctw the size difference might not seem worth it to me. I think with the 15 ctw, the size difference will be very noticeable.

It's happening!!! I'm making the purchase and will be wiring the funds this week! I'm so excited!!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

10 ctw is 0.3 size diamonds
12.4 ctw is 0.4 ct diamonds
15 ctw is 0.5 ct diamonds:

0.jpg

ETA: I have one more choice to make!

I was offered that WF can make the bracelet with certified diamonds, which will take 6 weeks production time, instead of 3 weeks with the pre-set. I am very happy with the 10 ctw pre-set diamonds, they are extremely sparkly, so I am leaning towards going for those. However, I am expecting this to be my last tennis bracelet purchase for the rest of my life as I can't imagine going any larger, so maybe it is worth it to go for certified. They are going to get back to me with a quote so I can see the price difference.

Wow! Super excited for you! You must take lots of pics for us when its on your wrist!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Super excited for you! You must take lots of pics for us when its on your wrist!

Thank you! By the way, because of the new tennis bracelet and comparing the size of diamonds, I realized something really disturbing...

the 15 ctw tennis bracelet from Shay jewelry, at the original length, was supposed to be 15 ctw for 37 diamonds, so they should've been 0.4 ct size stones.

I had it adjusted to 6", which brought the amount of diamonds down to 34, but the size of the stones were still supposed to be 0.4 ct and they included the unused diamonds in the package incase I ever need to go larger, plus I did pay for them.

Well, the diamonds are not 0.4 ct each.
I have no idea how I didn't notice this sooner, but they are 0.3 ct each. For sure. They are the exact same size as the stones from my 10 ctw WF tennis bracelet.

Meaning, the total ct for the shay bracelet was really 11 ctw (0.3 x 37 = 11). Not 15 ctw. I'm pretty upset realizing this. I purchased it several months ago, so I think it is too late to complain.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! By the way, because of the new tennis bracelet and comparing the size of diamonds, I realized something really disturbing...

the 15 ctw tennis bracelet from Shay jewelry, at the original length, was supposed to be 15 ctw for 37 diamonds, so they should've been 0.4 ct size stones.

I had it adjusted to 6", which brought the amount of diamonds down to 34, but the size of the stones were still supposed to be 0.4 ct and they included the unused diamonds in the package incase I ever need to go larger, plus I did pay for them.

Well, the diamonds are not 0.4 ct each.
I have no idea how I didn't notice this sooner, but they are 0.3 ct each. For sure. They are the exact same size as the stones from my 10 ctw WF tennis bracelet.

Meaning, the total ct for the shay bracelet was really 11 ctw (0.3 x 37 = 11). Not 15 ctw. I'm pretty upset realizing this. I purchased it several months ago, so I think it is too late to complain.

That is disturbing and I don’t think it’s too late to complain if you didn’t receive what you paid for. Do you have a receipt or an order summary that specifically says 15 carats or .4 each?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
That is disturbing and I don’t think it’s too late to complain if you didn’t receive what you paid for. Do you have a receipt or an order summary that specifically says 15 carats or .4 each?

Yes

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 4.40.45 PM.png

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

I would contact them ASAP and complain. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect a regular customer that is not in the jewelry business to know the difference between .3 and .4 stones unless they have something to compare to. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect a customer to notice. I would also contact your CC company if it was purchased with a CC.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I would contact them ASAP and complain. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect a regular customer that is not in the jewelry business to know the difference between .3 and .4 stones unless they have something to compare to. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect a customer to notice. I would also contact your CC company if it was purchased with a CC.

Thank you, I am writing them an email now. It was purchased in February, so not too long ago. I feel really bad writing this email as I hate complaining, but this isn't right. I hope they are cooperative. I purchased it via paypal, so I should hopefully have some form of recourse if they are not, but it might be too late.

Their prices have gone up since February, and they are now selling a 15 ctw for $43,680 and a 10 ctw for $37,180. The 15 ctw is actually described as 15.56 for 37 stones so 0.42 per stone and the 10 ctw is for 37 stones as well, so 0.27 carat per stone. I think that is what I received. They sent me a 10 ctw instead of 15 ctw. They should either refund me the difference, or allow me to return the bracelet and send me a new one that is actually 0.4 carat per stone.

I wonder if this was just a mistake, or if they are doing this with all of their pieces - listing items as higher carat weights than they actually are? That is so illegal, if so.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, I am writing them an email now. It was purchased in February, so not too long ago. I feel really bad writing this email as I hate complaining, but this isn't right. I hope they are cooperative. I purchased it via paypal, so I should hopefully have some form of recourse if they are not, but it might be too late.

Their prices have gone up since February, and they are now selling a 15 ctw for $43,680 and a 10 ctw for $37,180. The 15 ctw is actually described as 15.56 for 37 stones so 0.42 per stone and the 10 ctw is for 37 stones as well, so 0.27 carat per stone. I think that is what I received. They sent me a 10 ctw instead of 15 ctw. They should either refund me the difference, or allow me to return the bracelet and send me a new one that is actually 0.4 carat per stone.

I wonder if this was just a mistake, or if they are doing this with all of their pieces - listing items as higher carat weights than they actually are? That is so illegal, if so.

Since you have loose stones it might be a good idea to take them to a jeweler and have that jeweler weigh and measure for you to confirm. I think it would give you more ammunition since you are saying that you can tell the difference just by comparing the WF stones to the Shay ones.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you have loose stones it might be a good idea to take them to a jeweler and have that jeweler weigh and measure for you to confirm. I think it would give you more ammunition since you are saying that you can tell the difference just by comparing the WF stones to the Shay ones.

I agree - I think they would probably try to say each diamond weighed .4 each regardless of their face up size - like a deeper cut diamond. The more info you have on the diamonds the better off you will be. They still represented it as one thing and they were really another. Stand your ground and good luck! Your new WF bracelet will be gorgeous but this company needs to make the first one right!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I agree - I think they would probably try to say each diamond weighed .4 each regardless of their face up size - like a deeper cut diamond. The more info you have on the diamonds the better off you will be. They still represented it as one thing and they were really another. Stand your ground and good luck! Your new WF bracelet will be gorgeous but this company needs to make the first one right!!

And I would take all the loose stones you have and have them all weighed. It IS possible that they are just poorly cut stones that are deeper than WF melee.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results