shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Gah I really need to start working on a SMTB thread.

In the meantime, here's a quick pic I took the other day. I was testing out different bands to pair with it. I think I like this yellow gold one with bamboo motifs the most so far.

20220427_110333~2.jpg

omg that is beautiful I love the collet setting. You DEFFO need a SMTB on that!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

In the meantime, here's a quick pic I took the other day. I was testing out different bands to pair with it. I think I like this yellow gold one with bamboo motifs the most so far.

20220427_110333~2.jpg

Oooh, yes you friggin' do! :lol: With a thousand pictures.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!
It did seem forever! :lol:

Thank you!
The color is really hard to photo - they are kinda accurate, but then not so at the same time if that makes sense. A lavender/purple often shows up on photos that’s not there.

Won’t have it until Monday - so DK’s video will hold me over till then. :)

E5553443-E734-448C-A6C6-41C3652859B5.png

Your new ring is beautiful, unique, and the design and details are out of this world!!! I absolutely positively LOVE your ring!!!!!! :love::dance::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20220427_110333~2.jpg

Ohhhhh - you REALLY need to start a thread for this beauty!! I am beyond jealous! Can you pls share its dimensions? Gorgeous, @AnastasiaBeaverhausen!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20220427_110333~2.jpg

I absolutely love it with the thin bamboo band.
It mimics the bezel around the emerald.. looks great!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

20220427_110333~2.jpg

Oh my goodness that is gorgeous! (And perfect for May!) Please do share more pics!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought another 1/4 ct pear diamond. I have 7 now - all E color and VS/VVS clarity. I just need one more then will have them bezel set into a daisy with a small dot of metal in the middle. Umming and ahhing about whether to make this a ring or a pendant, and still going back and forth about white metal or yellow gold.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought another 1/4 ct pear diamond. I have 7 now - all E color and VS/VVS clarity. I just need one more then will have them bezel set into a daisy with a small dot of metal in the middle. Umming and ahhing about whether to make this a ring or a pendant, and still going back and forth about white metal or yellow gold.

What a wonderful project to look forward to!
I think there are such things as convertible rings/pendants.
Would you consider that?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful project to look forward to!
I think there are such things as convertible rings/pendants.
Would you consider that?

Hallo @Rubies-R-Me! :wavey:

Actually, I *did* consider it - and it was the first time ever! But the pendant, if I went that direction, would be part of a quite complicated necklace and would need to be permanently built into the necklace as a whole.

So it's one or the other. I do LOVE the idea of a yellow gold daisy ring, tho!

*sigh*

As ever - I'm stuck.....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to figure out if 3 OEC's that I have will work, size wise, in a flush set band in my ring size. If they do, that's the next project.

What size are they, T?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b the smaller ones are about 4.5 mm and the larger one is 6.2 mm. Do you they they will work on my 5.75 finger?

So basically - a gypsy style ring? If so - yes!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So basically - a gypsy style ring? If so - yes!

yes, I have one in yellow gold with engraving (you've seen it). I want one in white metal with no engraving. Just a plain one like this in platinum probably. And I think the larger stone is probably smaller that I thought (it's currently set). Probably more like 5.7 or so. I don't have calipers to measure well.

Thank you for your help.....I'm not great at figuring out what size stones work with what. I need experts like you. =)2

Last edited:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
How excited @RosieR, it’s okay to be impatient =)2 most people would ;)2
I have just paid full deposit for a pair of earrings with an overseas SA, nobody knows when the items will arrive.
Local SA even declined full payment for items they are unsure of arrival date. Let’s wait together :mrgreen2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, I have one in yellow gold with engraving (you've seen it). I want one in white metal with no engraving. Just a plain one like this in platinum probably. And I think the larger stone is probably smaller that I thought (it's currently set). Probably more like 5.7 or so. I don't have calipers to measure well.

Thank you for your help.....I'm not great at figuring out what size stones work with what. I need experts like you. =)2

I'm familiar with that ring and I LOVE it. I think your stones would work perfectly.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How excited @RosieR, it’s okay to be impatient =)2 most people would ;)2
I have just paid full deposit for a pair of earrings with an overseas SA, nobody knows when the items will arrive.
Local SA even declined full payment for items they are unsure of arrival date. Let’s wait together :mrgreen2:

Oooh! I hope your earrings come soon. It is good you managed to secure the old price, as the price increase occurred overnight last night here in Europe.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Can't wait to see what direction you decide to go.

Last weekend I tried on a gorgeous Graff daisy pendant with pears as petals and a sapphire in the center (they also came with ruby centers too). It was breathtaking. Your post made me think of it.

I can't find it on their website, but here's the same Graff design in a ring on 1st Dibs for reference:

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 1.44.37 PM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see what direction you decide to go.

Last weekend I tried on a gorgeous Graff daisy pendant with pears as petals and a sapphire in the center (they also came with ruby centers too). It was breathtaking. Your post made me think of it.

I can't find it on their website, but here's the same Graff design in a ring on 1st Dibs for reference:

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 1.44.37 PM.png

@RunningwithScissors - do you possibly have a link for this? I'd love to know its dimensions. Even this photo is incredibly useful - thank you!

ETA. Scratch that - I found it! Gorgeous!! Mine will have 8 pears, ergo will be set without gaps between the diamonds. It won't be as pretty - rather more symmetrical and less free form - but I'll like it. I think. I'm pretty sure....

Oh dear. :roll2:

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors - do you possibly have a link for this? I'd love to know its dimensions. Even this photo is incredibly useful - thank you!

ETA. Scratch that - I found it! Gorgeous!!

I'm going to be near the Graff boutique again on Saturday, let me know if you'd like me to pop in and get a couple real life images of it/and or dimensions. Playing with pretty jewelry is suuuuch a hardship, but I guess I could manage it :P2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results