shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Good news! The owner from Shay apologized and said that they sent me the 10 ctw bracelet by mistake, as it had the wrong tag on it in their showroom. They offered to either refund me the difference or send me the correct size bracelet. I opted for the correct size. They sent me a return label to send the 10 ctw one back, and they are going to make me a new bracelet that is 15 ctw as I originally ordered which will take 4 - 6 weeks. I'm very happy I didn't have to fight or argue for a resolution, but I am still honestly disturbed that I was sent a 10 ctw, because what if I hadn't ever noticed?

As for WF, I found out that I can have a 6" 3-prong bracelet made with 0.5 carat per diamond, certified diamonds, for only $65,000! That's so much less than the pre-set non-certified for $90,000. I'm very happily shocked and actually considering going for larger since I planned on spending $90,000 on this purchase :lol-2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news! The owner from Shay apologized and said that they sent me the 10 ctw bracelet by mistake, as it had the wrong tag on it in their showroom. They offered to either refund me the difference or send me the correct size bracelet. I opted for the correct size. They sent me a return label to send the 10 ctw one back, and they are going to make me a new bracelet that is 15 ctw as I originally ordered which will take 4 - 6 weeks. I'm very happy I didn't have to fight or argue for a resolution, but I am still honestly disturbed that I was sent a 10 ctw, because what if I hadn't ever noticed?

As for WF, I found out that I can have a 6" 3-prong bracelet made with 0.5 carat per diamond, certified diamonds, for only $65,000! That's so much less than the pre-set non-certified for $90,000. I'm very happily shocked and actually considering going for larger since I planned on spending $90,000 on this purchase :lol-2:

Wow - sounds like you had a fabulous day! So glad there were no hassles with Shay - never dreamed they would be so amenable! It is the right thing to do though so kudos to them!
Your WF experience sounds like a dream too! So glad you are getting the certified stones! Seems like an incredible price difference between preset and certified - wow!!

cardinalsfan

Rough_Rock

Since you find the cut quality on the Shay bracelet much inferior to WF, would they allow you or would you consider a return for a full refund at this point?

The WF quote is wonderful news! What is the reason for pre-set non-certified costing more than certified? Seems like certified would be more desirable unless one was in a hurry.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Since you find the cut quality on the Shay bracelet much inferior to WF, would they allow you or would you consider a return for a full refund at this point?

The WF quote is wonderful news! What is the reason for pre-set non-certified costing more than certified? Seems like certified would be more desirable unless one was in a hurry.

That's actually a good idea I didn't consider...I might just return it for a full refund and have WF make me a new 4-prong tennis bracelet.

I am not sure why certified is less. I asked the same question! It takes 3 weeks longer to make which is double the time, but that doesn't make sense as to why imo.

cardinalsfan

Rough_Rock
That's actually a good idea I didn't consider...I might just return it for a full refund and have WF make me a new 4-prong tennis bracelet.

I am not sure why certified is less. I asked the same question! It takes 3 weeks longer to make which is double the time, but that doesn't make sense as to why imo.

Use the money to go even bigger on the WF! :devil::lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Great news all around!

Yeah, I'd definitely consider returning the Shay bracelet and keeping your beautiful stack consistent with all WF and Cartier diamonds.

I'm eagerly following this project!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, if they would give you a refund I would do that in a heart beat!! Then you would really have some options in terms of number of bracelets and size!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
How big is too big for a 3-prong tennis bracelet? I think 0.5 - 0.6 carat per diamond might be the largest I would want to go, in all seriousness. I have a small wrist too, I'm a size 15 or 16 in Cartier depending on which way my weight is fluctuating :lol-2:

I'm thinking of going bigger for a 4-prong...if I return the Shay bracelet, then I would have an additional $40,000 to play with for a WF 4-prong, in addition to the $25,000 that I can save going with certified on the 3-prong.

Or I could just do one giant bracelet, either 3 prong or 4 prong, for 0.8 carat per diamond? Or is that too much for everyday? o_O I also don't know how I would pick which style I want. There's a reason I have both a 3 prong and 4 prong - I couldn't pick one :lol-2:

There's too many options now, I'm getting indecisive!

cardinalsfan

Rough_Rock
How big is too big for a 3-prong tennis bracelet? I think 0.5 - 0.6 carat per diamond might be the largest I would want to go, in all seriousness. I have a small wrist too, I'm a size 15 or 16 in Cartier depending on which way my weight is fluctuating :lol-2:

I'm thinking of going bigger for a 4-prong...if I return the Shay bracelet, then I would have an additional $40,000 to play with for a WF 4-prong, in addition to the $25,000 that I can save going with certified on the 3-prong.

Or I could just do one giant bracelet, either 3 prong or 4 prong, for 0.8 carat per diamond? Or is that too much for everyday? o_O I also don't know how I would pick which style I want. There's a reason I have both a 3 prong and 4 prong - I couldn't pick one :lol-2:

There's too many options now, I'm getting indecisive!

0.6 sounds like a good size! Larger than you initially intended but not too much larger.

I would also return the Shay bracelet if they'll refund you! It'll pale in comparison to either your original or new WF bracelet.

Are the WF pricing for ACAs? There was another thread where Bryan said ACA are no longer standard for bracelets.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
0.6 sounds like a good size! Larger than you initially intended but not too much larger.

I would also return the Shay bracelet if they'll refund you! It'll pale in comparison to either your original or new WF bracelet.

Are the WF pricing for ACAs? There was another thread where Bryan said ACA are no longer standard for bracelets.

The certified ones are ACAs. I don't think the pre-set ones are? But the pre-set 10 ctw bracelet I bought from WF is beautiful, absolutely stunning. I couldn't ask for any better quality even if they aren't ACAs.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought a Sarraf chain to hold my upcoming Southern Cross locket. I like Sarraf chains - they're nicely made and wear well. I bought the 14kt 2.3mm Rolo chain. Had hoped to do this project in 18kt, but I ended up in 14kt as I want to include a very sentimental locket my husband bought me for a previous birthday, which is 14kt and will be melted down and added to more metal. Altho, now that I think of it, I guess if they added 24kt to the melted down locket, they could get the new locket up to 18kt.... Hmmmm, that might be the way forward. We'll see! Either way, I've bought a 30" rolo chain - currently 14kt - possibly to be returned for an 18kt chain. Whew!

ETA. Well, that didn't take long! Just contacted Sarraf and asked them to exchange it, since the 14kt one hadn't been shipped. Now just hoping DKJ can work their magic on my existing 14kt locket!

Last edited:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
So I found out that I can't do 0.6 carat per diamond. The options are 0.5 and then it jumps to 0.75. I am going to go with 0.5 3-prong and I might do a 0.5 4-prong as well. I was told I can upgrade in the future to 0.75 if I want, which helps a lot with the decision! I was given an estimated quote of $115,000 for the 0.75 size.

Here is a video I found of a tennis bracelet that is 0.8 carat per stone and it definitely looks a bit larger than what I think I would be comfortable with for everyday wear, at this time in my life:

I did, however, buy a 6mm (0.75 - 0.8 ct each) CZ tennis bracelet to try it out and make sure that I don't want to go for that size. It should arrive on Monday.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I found out that I can't do 0.6 carat per diamond. The options are 0.5 and then it jumps to 0.75. I am going to go with 0.5 3-prong and I might do a 0.5 4-prong as well. I was told I can upgrade in the future to 0.75 if I want, which helps a lot with the decision! I was given an estimated quote of $115,000 for the 0.75 size.

Here is a video I found of a tennis bracelet that is 0.8 carat per stone and it definitely looks a bit larger than what I think I would be comfortable with for everyday wear, at this time in my life:

I did, however, buy a 6mm (0.75 - 0.8 ct each) CZ tennis bracelet to try it out and make sure that I don't want to go for that size. It should arrive on Monday.

Yes, I do think they can get too large for every day wear - particularly if you are thinking about more than one.
Did you find out if you can return the other one for a full refund?

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I don’t know if this helps and I’m late to the party regarding @glitterbomb ’s decision but I was recently trying on this 17.5 carat total weight bracelet on my 6.25” wrist and it felt great!!!!

Attachments

• F48504BD-7F63-471B-AF55-44D14E802CAA.jpeg
    F48504BD-7F63-471B-AF55-44D14E802CAA.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 7A679878-3164-491D-83D3-289298557346.jpeg
    7A679878-3164-491D-83D3-289298557346.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 79

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This arrived the other day. I was going to use it with my Southern Cross locket, before I decided to go 18kt with the locket and, ergo, needed an 18kt chain.

I could have returned this 14kt chain, but liked it a lot, so decided to put a few charms onto it that have specific sentimental value: a diamond starfish bought by my husband on our last vacation to the Whitsunday Islands in Australia (my favorite place in all the world), a gum leaf and gum nut charm - reminiscent of my home in the Blue Mountains in Australia, and an American passport - bought for me by a group of lovely PS friends when I became a US citizen. The date of my citizenship is engraved on the back. So this is my Dual Nationality necklace. <3

20220524_165200.jpg

20220524_165135.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This arrived the other day. I was going to use it with my Southern Cross locket, before I decided to go 18kt with the locket and, ergo, needed an 18kt chain.

I could have returned this 14kt chain, but liked it a lot, so decided to put a few charms onto it that have specific sentimental value: a diamond starfish bought by my husband on our last vacation to the Whitsunday Islands in Australia (my favorite place in all the world), a gum leaf and gum nut charm - reminiscent of my home in the Blue Mountains in Australia, and an American passport - bought for me by a group of lovely PS friends when I became a US citizen. The date of my citizenship is engraved on the back. So this is my Dual Nationality necklace. <3

20220524_165200.jpg

20220524_165135.jpg

I love that!! And what an amazing gift from PS friends <3

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I just received my 6mm (0.75 ct per "diamond") CZ bracelet.

Um. I absolutely love it. I think I'm going to go with the 0.75 ct size. :eek-2: It's the only size that I find I don't want to double up and wear two tennis bracelets - it stands so nicely on its own. I think I am going to go with a 4 prong as well. For diamonds that size, I don't think I would like the gap between the diamonds that occurs with a 3-prong. I have no idea what the price will be. I am guessing maybe $130,000? That is WAY over my original budget of 90k, so I'm going to have to save up a bit more :lol-2:

I was actually considering getting a yellow gold pave JUC with the extra funds I was saving going from 90k to 65k with certified stones for the 0.5 ct size 3-prong, but I think this bracelet will make me happier :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

As for the Shay bracelet, I am still deciding what to do. I was actually considering keeping the 10ct after all, as it pairs nicely with my 10ct WF bracelet. However, they offered me a 16ct 6" G/VS bracelet for an additional $15,000 (on top of the $39,000 I already paid, so a total of $54,000). The stones would be 0.49 - 0.52 ct each. I am seriously considering this offer, because then I would have a bracelet of every size :lol-2: (the WF 10ct bracelet with 0.3ct stones, the Shay bracelet with 0.5 ct stones, and a WF bracelet with 0.75ct stones). I haven't asked them for a full refund because I am afraid they will say no.

on a side note - I am SO allergic to costume jewelry. I am breaking out in hives from this bracelet! :shock:

Here is the 6mm (0.75 ct each) CZ bracelet paired with my pave JUC

IMG_5177.jpg

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Um. I absolutely love it. I think I'm going to go with the 0.75 ct size. :eek-2: It's the only size that I find I don't want to double up and wear two tennis bracelets - it stands so nicely on its own. I think I am going to go with a 4 prong as well. For diamonds that size, I don't think I would like the gap between the diamonds that occurs with a 3-prong. I have no idea what the price will be. I am guessing maybe $130,000? That is WAY over my original budget of 90k, so I'm going to have to save up a bit more :lol-2:

I was actually considering getting a yellow gold pave JUC with the extra funds I was saving going from 90k to 65k with certified stones for the 0.5 ct size 3-prong, but I think this bracelet will make me much more happier :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

As for the Shay bracelet, I am still deciding what to do. They offered me a 16ct 6" G/VS bracelet for an additional $15,000 (on top of the $39,000 I already paid, so a total of $54,000). The stones would be 0.49 - 0.52 ct each. I don't really want to pay more to Shay though. I am actually considering just keeping the original 10ct and getting a $7,000 refund, because it does go pretty well with my 10ct WF bracelet that I am keeping and plan to still wear sometimes (for the days I don't want to wear a giant 0.75ct per stone tennis bracelet), and I don't think a 15ct or 16ct will pair as nicely with it.

on a side note - I am SO allergic to costume jewelry. I am breaking out in hives from this bracelet! :lol-2:

IMG_5177.jpg

Go big or go home! It looks awesome!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Go big or go home! It looks awesome!

Thank you!! I'm so excited!!! I have to wait until Tuesday to hear back from WF and the wait is going to be so difficult...I can't wait to get started on this project now that I know for sure what size I want to go with!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20220524_165200.jpg

20220524_165135.jpg

They look gorgouse together Mrs B

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

I was actually considering getting a yellow gold pave JUC with the extra funds I was saving going from 90k to 65k with certified stones for the 0.5 ct size 3-prong, but I think this bracelet will make me happier :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

As for the Shay bracelet, I am still deciding what to do. I was actually considering keeping the 10ct after all, as it pairs nicely with my 10ct WF bracelet. However, they offered me a 16ct 6" G/VS bracelet for an additional $15,000 (on top of the $39,000 I already paid, so a total of $54,000). The stones would be 0.49 - 0.52 ct each. I am seriously considering this offer, because then I would have a bracelet of every size :lol-2: (the WF 10ct bracelet with 0.3ct stones, the Shay bracelet with 0.5 ct stones, and a WF bracelet with 0.75ct stones). I haven't asked them for a full refund because I am afraid they will say no.

on a side note - I am SO allergic to costume jewelry. I am breaking out in hives from this bracelet! :shock:

IMG_5177.jpg

I’m so glad you posted bc I saw this and thought of you. For $90k why not get this? Each stone is certed.

Attachments

• 7054C8B7-9086-4D10-B2FD-5660F870550D.jpeg
    7054C8B7-9086-4D10-B2FD-5660F870550D.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 81

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I’m so glad you posted bc I saw this and thought of you. For $90k why not get this? Each stone is certed.

Thank you so much for thinking of me! That does look like a crazy amazing deal and a beautiful bracelet (1.25 carat each for only 90k, wow!!), but I definitely want to go with WF for this project! I am so, so happy with the quality of the diamonds on the 10ct bracelet I purchased from them and I think 0.75 carat each is my dream size!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I did a serious heavy cleaning of the Shay bracelet, and it is sparkling incredibly now. Not quite as much as the WF diamonds which are just absolutely blinding, but the diamonds are definitely a LOT better than I thought they were.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I did a serious heavy cleaning of the Shay bracelet, and it is sparkling incredibly now. Not quite as much as the WF diamonds which are just absolutely blinding, but the diamonds are definitely a LOT better than I thought they were.

But your WF is immaculate tho….

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the Shay bracelet didn’t live up to the others, I wouldn’t settle. It will always look a bit off to you.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
The official quote is in! $110,000 for a 4 prong 0.75 ct each 6" bracelet with certified F/G VS stones from WF. That's $20,000 less than my guess! I'm going for it! I'm beyond excited! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

The hardest part is going to be the six week wait :(

I have an absolutely stunning 22ct graduated tennis necklace from the victoria line by tiffany & co that I purchased on therealreal for half price of retail (an insane deal) that has similar sized diamonds...I never wear it because it's way too long for me. I think during this six week wait I will finally take it to a jeweler and get it shortened. It's 16.5" and I'm going to have it shortened to 14". It will go perfectly with my WF bracelet!

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wax model for my Southern Cross locket is here. Have given DKJ the go-ahead for it.

Front view: - 4 x 13 pointer diamonds plus one 5 pointer
20220531_133303.jpg

Back view: 1 x quarter ct diamond
20220531_133308.jpg

Nice and fat - it will be nice to hold and will contain 2 photos. :))
20220531_133847.jpg

Locket and chain will be 18kt. Chain is 30".

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
The official quote is in! $110,000 for a 4 prong 0.75 ct each 6" bracelet with certified F/G VS stones from WF. That's $20,000 less than my guess! I'm going for it! I'm beyond excited! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

The hardest part is going to be the six week wait :(

I have an absolutely stunning 22ct graduated tennis necklace from the victoria line by tiffany & co that I purchased on therealreal for half price of retail (an insane deal) that has similar sized diamonds...I never wear it because it's way too long for me. I think during this six week wait I will finally take it to a jeweler and get it shortened. It's 16.5" and I'm going to have it shortened to 14". It will go perfectly with my WF bracelet!

Ok, we are going to need a pic of that tennis necklace. It sounds AMAZING.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results