shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

I think one thing with eternity bands especially is that the style you want and the size you are never seem to line up quite right in the secondhand market! This time it seemed to for me :) Thank you!

Thank you, and thank you also for your opinion on its appropriateness for everyday wear! I'm in tech in a causal city so there isn't a lot of jewelry being worn here in general. I start a new job next week and my future manager is at least a little into jewelry from what I could tell from our Zoom interview -- she was wearing a Cartier Love ring and a Juste un Clou ring. My social group is definitely not into jewelry, though, and wear a wedding set at most. Good thing I have PS! :)

That's awful! Did they ever change it back to a credit card refund or did they refuse or did you not try? I guess not giving refunds is one way for a struggling company to make money...

They changed it every time, but it was just annoying because I had to call Customer Service and tell them. And twice they said it’s because it came back late even though it did not and I had the receipts to prove it. So it has happened three times! So now when I get something from TRR, I try to make a decision within 24 hours.

I work in academia in a casual city (think out doors style) and no one wears bling at all. I still wear all my bling to work! I’m sure I’m known for it. It’s fun to have a distinctive style.

How many millimeters is the band? I’m in academia also!

How many millimeters is the band? I’m in academia also!

I decided to not do academia and sold out! The problem for me was that there weren't teaching-heavy positions in the city where my partner lives and the research universities that are in the area are too fancy and too stressful for little old me. They wouldn't want me and I don't want that life!

If you're asking about the band I just got, TRR said it's 5.8mm. Your experience with them is extremely frustrating! It's hard to believe that they can keep making this 'mistake' (and it makes you think that maybe it isn't a mistake....).

I decided to not do academia and sold out! The problem for me was that there weren't teaching-heavy positions in the city where my partner lives and the research universities that are in the area are too fancy and too stressful for little old me. They wouldn't want me and I don't want that life!

If you're asking about the band I just got, TRR said it's 5.8mm. Your experience with them is extremely frustrating! It's hard to believe that they can keep making this 'mistake' (and it makes you think that maybe it isn't a mistake....).

I got confused and I realize that it was Dreamer who said she worked in academia and I thought I was asking you ha ha about the band millimeter. Anyway, that’s a nice width. I really love it!

And yes, the profession is difficult in that you don’t get to choose where you live most of the time. This is why I live in the south of Texas. :nono:

I got confused and I realize that it was Dreamer who said she worked in academia and I thought I was asking you ha ha about the band millimeter. Anyway, that’s a nice width. I really love it!

And yes, the profession is difficult in that you don’t get to choose where you live most of the time. This is why I live in the south of Texas. :nono:

I got very lucky and landed a job near my home town in the location I wanted but I’m very aware of how lucky that makes me! It took me three years and becoming the top candidate in Canada in my field for three years running to finally land it and I was promoted to full professor last year! Now I’m not doing anything for the next 20 years :lol-2: Just buying bling.

@newtojewels You make way more money in tech than I’ll ever make as a tenured full professor at an R1 in Canada so who made the right choice? :geek2:

I got very lucky and landed a job near my home town in the location I wanted but I’m very aware of how lucky that makes me! It took me three years and becoming the top candidate in Canada in my field for three years running to finally land it and I was promoted to full professor last year! Now I’m not doing anything for the next 20 years :lol-2: Just buying bling.

@newtojewels You make way more money in tech than I’ll ever make as a tenured full professor at an R1 in Canada so who made the right choice? :geek2:

I remember when you posted that you were promoted to full professor! What an incredible achievement after such an ambitious start. And it sounds like it was the right choice for you :)

Next week when I start I'll have to stop browsing here so much and probably work a bit instead, but in the meantime it's fun to just look at bling all day! I'll let you know in a few months or years if it was the right choice :lol:

I remember when you posted that you were promoted to full professor! What an incredible achievement after such an ambitious start. And it sounds like it was the right choice for you :)

Next week when I start I'll have to stop browsing here so much and probably work a bit instead, but in the meantime it's fun to just look at bling all day! I'll let you know in a few months or years if it was the right choice :lol:

lol I’m not sure what I was thinking in the whole process just kept on trucking along. I’m older and jaded now but it’s a pretty good gig all told. Lots of bling browsing time lol

Fingers crossed that this passes authentication and actually gets sent to me. I expect the ruby will be tiny, but the seller claims it's natural, and it looks promising.

1718469668247.png

Oh-but you get to travel to Europe every summer! #Jelly

Still enjoying so much my new eternity band ...!!!

20240614_185928.jpg

Your band is stunning. I love your Tiffany style e ring. May I ask where you had the setting made. Thank you

Your band is stunning. I love your Tiffany style e ring. May I ask where you had the setting made. Thank you

Thank you so much for your kind words @princessk ! Both my rings were custom made from my jeweler, who is an excellent goldsmith, a great artist and an amazing friend. He is located in Europe.
He made the shank of the ring in yellow gold and the prongs in white gold in order to prevent any interference with the color of the diamond.
As far as the eternity ring is concerned, i took to him two older half eternity bands which belonged to me and my mom and asked him to make a ring based on his own taste and by using the gold and the diamonds of the old rings. He came up with this and i LOVE it, because i didn't have such an eternity band in my collection!

Fingers crossed that this passes authentication and actually gets sent to me. I expect the ruby will be tiny, but the seller claims it's natural, and it looks promising.

1718469668247.png

The ring passed its authentication and should be on its way to me soon.

Very curious what they actually checked. Unlike ebay, which contracts with GIA, they have their own authentication done by "a team of luxury experts." The seller claimed this was a platinum, natural ruby and diamond ring, at least 115 years old. Are "luxury experts" capable of telling whether the ruby is natural? What about the age? This style was made from about 1910 to 1930 or so; I think it's probably a little later than the seller claimed, though I don't really care. I'm confident it's from around 100 years ago, give or take a decade. Did the luxury experts try to determine its exact age and whether the ruby is natural? Or did they just go, "Ruby, yep, platinum, yep, diamonds, yep. Looks old. Close enough. Next!"

Well, the price was okay even if the ruby is synthetic, or I wouldn't have bought it. I hope it's nice in person.

Well, I accidentally joined this club when I won an auction I didn’t really think I’d win

What finger should I wear this puppy on? I’m going to have to get it resized unless it becomes a pinky ring. I think one day, I may want to change the center for a color piece. This setting seems engagementy to me, no?

Specs: .8 ctw platinum diamond three stone. Set in platinum, the center stone is .61, estimated color/clarity of the center old european cut diamond to be H/VS. The two side diamonds are more old mine cut and are .1 ct each

IMG_8437.jpeg

PSers, in contrast to my thread about Your First "Big"/"Real" Jewelry Purchase, I thought I'd start one about Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering.

I have a bit of a dilemma right now on what I'm considering next.... I'm considering a bracelet, but don't wear them often. But there is a particular type I would really like to add to my collection...

Everyone! You should check out this new site, www.yourdiamondguys.com. It’s got this cool AI that scans for inclusions and weeds out the bad ones, so you only see the best diamonds with nice imperfections. Plus, there’s tons of info on there to help you out.

Well, I accidentally joined this club when I won an auction I didn’t really think I’d win

What finger should I wear this puppy on? I’m going to have to get it resized unless it becomes a pinky ring. I think one day, I may want to change the center for a color piece. This setting seems engagementy to me, no?

Specs: .8 ctw platinum diamond three stone. Set in platinum, the center stone is .61, estimated color/clarity of the center old european cut diamond to be H/VS. The two side diamonds are more old mine cut and are .1 ct each

IMG_8437.jpeg

It's very pretty. You can wear it whether it looks "engagemety" or not. If you prefer to set the center stone another way, then do it, but as far as I'm concerned, you can wear it on any hand, or finger that you want. I don't believe in rules about that.

The ring passed its authentication and should be on its way to me soon.

That was fast! It's here. It came with a card saying "Your item has passed our authentication inspection" with a blank line filled in with "Ruby Diamond Ring," so I guess all they confirmed was that it has a ruby, has diamonds, and is a ring. I still have no idea whether it's a NATURAL ruby. They also didn't confirm that it's platinum or antique, but I can tell it is.

The ruby is itty bitty, 3 x 4mm. It's very abraded around the upper facets. It's a gorgeous bright red, redder than the photos (the sellers and mine), at least in evening/sunset daylight on the solstice, which today happens to be. The setting is worn but charming. I love this ring. It would be nice if the ruby were bigger and less worn, and I wish I knew its origin (if it's just synthetic, I'd like to replace it), but still, I'm very happy. Perfect, big rubies are far beyond my budget, and this sweet little thing is charming. I'll probably give it a thread in Colored Stones.

IMG_9850.jpegIMG_9851.jpeg

I was browsing when I came across this 7.4 ct tsavorite set in while gold with 2 ct of diamonds.What do you think?

IMG_3785.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg

I was browsing when I came across this 7.4 ct tsavorite set in while gold with 2 ct of diamonds.What do you think?

IMG_3785.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg

It is beautiful Crimson!!!!! That halo is amazing! Are you considering her?

It is beautiful Crimson!!!!! That halo is amazing! Are you considering her?
I wasn’t, but now I might be … eeks. I don’t know enough about Tsavorite prices for stones over 7 ct so I have to check. I found her by chance in a shop that specializes in jade. I had seen the shop online and thought I would go check out their store. It is one of those traditional shops with generously sized pieces. Some of the jadeite pieces were beautiful too, esp the little green ring at the front of the second photo, between the lavender and yellow. That green is so bright and sweet, it makes me feel happy.

IMG_3788.jpeg

IMG_3787.jpeg

I wasn’t, but now I might be … eeks. I don’t know enough about Tsavorite prices for stones over 7 ct so I have to check. I found her by chance in a shop that specializes in jade. I had seen the shop online and thought I would go check out their store. It is one of those traditional shops with generously sized pieces. Some of the jadeite pieces were beautiful too, esp the little green ring at the front of the second photo, between the lavender and yellow. That green is so bright and sweet, it makes me feel happy.

IMG_3788.jpeg

IMG_3787.jpeg

I’m no help with pricing but I do know that size is rare and hard to come by! Happy researching and keep us updated!!!

And yes that green ring is indeed gloriously cheerful! We are going through a dreadful winter in Australia. It’s freezing and miserable so I appreciate these bright, cheery gem pics.

First picture, front row, second ring from the right (green jadeite that is like a vertical eye). That’s a ring made for my bestie. She’s been wanting that shape and that is the most luscious version of that shape I’ve seen in a while.

That was fast! It's here. It came with a card saying "Your item has passed our authentication inspection" with a blank line filled in with "Ruby Diamond Ring," so I guess all they confirmed was that it has a ruby, has diamonds, and is a ring. I still have no idea whether it's a NATURAL ruby. They also didn't confirm that it's platinum or antique, but I can tell it is.

The ruby is itty bitty, 3 x 4mm. It's very abraded around the upper facets. It's a gorgeous bright red, redder than the photos (the sellers and mine), at least in evening/sunset daylight on the solstice, which today happens to be. The setting is worn but charming. I love this ring. It would be nice if the ruby were bigger and less worn, and I wish I knew its origin (if it's just synthetic, I'd like to replace it), but still, I'm very happy. Perfect, big rubies are far beyond my budget, and this sweet little thing is charming. I'll probably give it a thread in Colored Stones.

IMG_9850.jpegIMG_9851.jpeg

Yup, it's natural. Yay! If anyone's interested, I made a thread about it on Colored Stones, with a micrograph of its rutile silk inclusions: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/itty-bitty-natural-ruby-deco-ring.283594/

I’m no help with pricing but I do know that size is rare and hard to come by! Happy researching and keep us updated!!!
Did.a few cursory searches, it’s really hard to find a 7 carat tsavorite! The one I did find was quite light so not really comparable. It was 60K.

And yes that green ring is indeed gloriously cheerful! We are going through a dreadful winter in Australia. It’s freezing and miserable so I appreciate these bright, cheery gem pics.
Will try to post more cheery pics!
First picture, front row, second ring from the right (green jadeite that is like a vertical eye). That’s a ring made for my bestie. She’s been wanting that shape and that is the most luscious version of that shape I’ve seen in a while.
The shop is Classic Jade. Here’s the Instagram link https://www.instagram.com/classicjade.sg?igsh=MWpjbTJhOGlqMno0dA==
I spoke to Serene who is really nice and enthusiastic - she is the owner’s daughter. They do have customers from overseas so feel free to ask them. The website seems to be unstable today. They just relaumced their website so it’s probably not completely there yet.

IMG_3785.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg
@Crimson I think the tsav halo ring is lovely but what really caught my eye was the beautiful oval ruby & diamond ring on your index finger! If you have more info on it (and more images), would you please share? Thank you :)

@Crimson I think the tsav halo ring is lovely but what really caught my eye was the beautiful oval ruby & diamond ring on your index finger! If you have more info on it (and more images), would you please share? Thank you :)

Hi @marymm , I love the bird in your profile pic!
I took some photos last week. The stone on the ring you like is a Burmese spinel. It is set with three diamonds, representing my mother, my sister and me, .The other ring has a Mahenge spinel.
I like to wear them together for a shootout.:appl::appl:
IMG_2878.jpeg
IMG_2881.jpegIMG_2880.jpeg

Here’s the color change sapphire I picked up from Multicolor. I am thinking of pairing it with one of these spinels or a diamond for a 2 stone ring. It's a nice blue color outside and purple inside.
IMG_3947.jpegIMG_3949.jpeg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP