shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

My fifth OEC arrived and she is glorious! .54ct L SI1.

IMG_2999.jpeg

With the .53ct K SI1 that arrived earlier this week.

IMG_3009.jpeg

And my entire suite, 2.72cttw of KL color old cut natural diamonds. Somebody pinch me.

IMG_3014.jpeg

This is going to be a fantastic milestone ring! I'm going to miss your hunt for the stones. Can't wait to see it set. It's going to be a killer 5 stone ring!

This is going to be a fantastic milestone ring! I'm going to miss your hunt for the stones. Can't wait to see it set. It's going to be a killer 5 stone ring!

The search took about six months from start to finish. I checked eBay every day, multiple times a day. I also searched Ruby Lane and Etsy but those are better places to buy finished jewelry. Prices were too high for me on those sites. I bought all the stones from pawn and scrap sellers on eBay . Back in 2011 I tried putting together a suite but it was impossible. I think lucking out and finding the three stone back in February helped so much, because the stones were already matched. And then I found the two loose ones in the same week from two other sellers. I bought each of them within an hour of them being posted.

And I won’t even tell you all what I paid because I basically stole them lol However, if I factor in my time they cost my about $20,000 so make of that what you will :lol-2:

Special thanks to the proliferation of lab diamonds, which drove the price of natural diamonds down and drove scrap sellers to get GIA lab reports for their diamonds. It made matching color and proportions possible!

IMG_3026.jpeg

The search took about six months from start to finish. I checked eBay every day, multiple times a day. I also searched Ruby Lane and Etsy but those are better places to buy finished jewelry. Prices were too high for me on those sites. I bought all the stones from pawn and scrap sellers on eBay . Back in 2011 I tried putting together a suite but it was impossible. I think lucking out and finding the three stone back in February helped so much, because the stones were already matched. And then I found the two loose ones in the same week from two other sellers. I bought each of them within an hour of them being posted.

And I won’t even tell you all what I paid because I basically stole them lol However, if I factor in my time they cost my about $20,000 so make of that what you will :lol-2:

Special thanks to the proliferation of lab diamonds, which drove the price of natural diamonds down and drove scrap sellers to get GIA lab reports for their diamonds. It made matching color and proportions possible!

IMG_3026.jpeg

Geez those are gorgeous! What a great thead to follow - can't wait for the ring.

My fifth OEC arrived and she is glorious! .54ct L SI1.

IMG_2999.jpeg

With the .53ct K SI1 that arrived earlier this week.

IMG_3009.jpeg

And my entire suite, 2.72cttw of KL color old cut natural diamonds. Somebody pinch me.

IMG_3014.jpeg

Oh they're so perfect! I just can't wait to see your finished ring!

If this idea is blasphemous, please disregard. I have bought a ring with what looks like 5 bands, and had the outer ones removed. It was not a signed ring, however.IMG_2561.jpeg

Wow, a bold move that paid off perfectly! The new version looks fantastic on you. I supposedly receive my ring on Wednesday so will keep that idea in mind when evaluating. Thank you! :)

IMG_3026.jpeg

I can’t wait to see these babies set!!! ❤️

I bought this pin on ebay, mostly because I loved the OEC halo. The OECs are supposed to be 10 points apiece. The asking price was well over $500, so it's going off to the authenticator, even though the seller accepted my below-$500 offer. Which is a little annoying, but at least I hope I'll find out whether the diamonds really are 10 points apiece. There's some chance I'll turn it into a ring or a pendant. And I may replace the pearl with a colored stone, depending on how nice the pearl is.

1717012368697.png

It's here. The pearl matches my teal baroque Tahitians. (So hard to get a good photo.) The OECs (OMCs?) are white and very clean, with big culets. They have a lovely shimmery, fiery glitter.

Anyone want to encourage me to turn this into a pendant or ring? Or to replace the pearl with something else, or harvest the OECs?

(I will probably keep it as is--I can never bring myself to alter undamaged, well-made antiques.)

CC9163DA-D568-4DAA-9D6B-F186AD716B6F_1_105_c.jpeg

4F5A0775-81EF-47DD-9167-5633DC2255E4_1_105_c.jpeg

tempImageDTTx45.png

tempImagefafvu2.png

It's here. The pearl matches my teal baroque Tahitians. (So hard to get a good photo.) The OECs (OMCs?) are white and very clean, with big culets. They have a lovely shimmery, fiery glitter.

Anyone want to encourage me to turn this into a pendant or ring? Or to replace the pearl with something else, or harvest the OECs?

(I will probably keep it as is--I can never bring myself to alter undamaged, well-made antiques.)

tempImageDTTx45.png

tempImagefafvu2.png

I would definitely make it a ring! The brooch part doesn't look original anyway. But the diamond halo and pearl are perfection!

I would definitely make it a ring! The brooch part doesn't look original anyway. But the diamond halo and pearl are perfection!

Before I bought it, I thought the brooch part was probably an addition. But now that I've seen it in person, I think it's probably original. The clasp style and hinge match the era of the diamonds. But the design isn't so amazing that it would be a crime to ruin it.

What about a bracelet? --Nah, gold is too expensive these days.

I can't wait to see YOUR new ring when it's finished. It's going to be amazing!

@glitterata

I completely agree! The pearls and halo are just perfect and you'll be able to admire their chunky goodness best as a ring. I don't know enough to say if I think the brooch is original or not, but I don't think it really adds to the piece.

Last edited:
Before I bought it, I thought the brooch part was probably an addition. But now that I've seen it in person, I think it's probably original. The clasp style and hinge match the era of the diamonds. But the design isn't so amazing that it would be a crime to ruin it.

What about a bracelet? --Nah, gold is too expensive these days.

I can't wait to see YOUR new ring when it's finished. It's going to be amazing!

Huh that’s super weird because it doesn’t look like the same style of the halo at all! But someone was experimenting I guess!

I also cannot wait to see my ring finished but it will be a bit of a wait while I restock the piggy bank!

I took a chance and ordered this ring from an online wholesaler. After I did, I immediately berated myself for acting so foolishly “Never, never ever buy jadeite without seeing it in person.” What if it turned out nothing like what was shown online? But the prospect of owning a finely textured, highly icy, lavender-pink jadeite ring was too enticing…
Well, here it is, very different from my usual glassy or green jadeite… lavender jadeite that shifts from lilac to pink and sometimes displays both colors. Even my mom-in-law was intrigued; she kept moving it to see the color shift! One of my friends who doesn’t know much about gems asked me if it was a rose quartz o_O it really is jadeite with reports from two labs, one lab has a photo showing lavender, the other shows it as as pink :P2.

IMG_3619.jpegIMG_3620.jpegIMG_3621.jpeg

Beautiful!

I cont tell if you thought the moonstone comment that person made was a compliment or an insult. :lol: But… I love the look of moonstone and have avoided buying it because it is not durable. Do you have any tips for vendors or designers who work with this type of jadeite? Is finding this shade just pure luck?

tempImageDTTx45.png

tempImagefafvu2.png

Gorgeous! To my eye, this has ring written all over it, but I am biased because I inherited my Great Aunts pearl & OEC from 1895-1905. My pearl is creamy, but the overall look is the same. And those diamonds are insane & I love to see them sparkle on my hand.

Huh that’s super weird because it doesn’t look like the same style of the halo at all! But someone was experimenting I guess!

I also cannot wait to see my ring finished but it will be a bit of a wait while I restock the piggy bank!

Looking at my pin again in daylight I’ve gone back to thinking it’s a marriage. Maybe the central element was a stickpin? I don’t know, but I’ll probably make it into something else.

Looking at my pin again in daylight I’ve gone back to thinking it’s a marriage. Maybe the central element was a stickpin? I don’t know, but I’ll probably make it into something else.

Any ideas what?

To me, that cluster is screaming to be a ring.

Yeah I’d wear that baby as a ring for sure and if the pearl got damaged I’d just replace it!

If this idea is blasphemous, please disregard. I have bought a ring with what looks like 5 bands, and had the outer ones removed. It was not a signed ring, however.IMG_2561.jpeg

Not at all and I like it better that way. Did you keep the other two bands?

I had to scroll up a bunch of times to see the item and question and I agree. It just says ring ring ring!!

Also @Mrsz1ppy did you ever create something from the giant brooch you got from Dolly?

It's here!! Not exactly glamour shots on my part, but it's really lovely, and fits the ring finger on both hands, which makes it more versatile.

The tone of the yellow gold is really rich, so the oec picks up a bit more tint than I had hoped, but I guess that's just the price I'll have to pay.

20240611_155822.jpg20240611_155707.jpg20240611_123337.jpg

It's here!! Not exactly glamour shots on my part, but it's really lovely, and fits the ring finger on both hands, which makes it more versatile.

The tone of the yellow gold is really rich, so the oec picks up a bit more tint than I had hoped, but I guess that's just the price I'll have to pay.

Oh it's so perfect on you! I love the color and cut and kozibe effect on the diamond and hopefully you'll love the warmth with time too :)

Stunning! And if it helps, the tint is likely part of why this GORGEOUS diamond survived all these years so its a good reason to love it!

It looks divine.

It is perfect. I love the tint and the glowing red and the...

Congrats. I just see a beautiful ring. I'm not tint sensitive at all on this level, so I don't even see it!

Also @Mrsz1ppy did you ever create something from the giant brooch you got from Dolly?

Yes I did, but it’s pretty over the top. I need to post pictures and get some advice. Need to find the energy. I’m still in active treatment and pretty exhausted, so haven’t been able to be very active. I’ll see if I can post a picture. 99489-4.jpeg

Attachments

• 99489-3.jpeg
    99489-3.jpeg
    579.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 99489-2.jpeg
    99489-2.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 99489.jpeg
    99489.jpeg
    668.8 KB · Views: 37
Yes I did, but it’s pretty over the top. I need to post pictures and get some advice. Need to find the energy. I’m still in active treatment and pretty exhausted, so haven’t been able to be very active. I’ll see if I can post a picture. 99489-4.jpeg

Looks lovely. Healing vibes to you @Mrsz1ppy !

Take your time. I'm sending an energy squeeze.

Over the top? I don't know about that, more likely just enough.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP