shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not necklace lover but I figured every girl needs a diamond necklace so here's mine.

F0FD5C93-CAE6-469D-BDBF-34542B2F2C13.jpeg
FD3831E7-921C-4D28-881F-9BFFC511D801.jpeg

This is gorgeous!!! I think I have seen this design before, maybe in a bracelet? I have always wondered who makes it. Can you tell us the brand or did you have it custom made?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 I have a Tiffany necklace that has just one solitary flower just like DiaDiva’s design. I forgot the name of it though. I think it’s the lace pendant. I love your necklace @DiaDiva!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi mrs-b - did you know what you wanted and now you're almost there. Or was it more you refined your taste and pieces along the way and now you're almost there? I think your diamond solitaire is a beautiful piece. I also love your three stone and discovered that three stones are what is the most aesthetically pleasing for me. I have a diamond three stone and have a lovely oval sapphire that I might add pear diamond sides and then I'm done. Perhaps in our 60's the urge to keep accumulating does subside.

Hi @Polished -

I really do believe that it does subside. It has for me, at least. I'm more about health at this point, and happy to be so. I got rid of everything I didn't absolutely love, or didn't regularly wear, and the things I have left at this point are all things I enjoy.

I did always have an outline of what I wanted - all three metals, casual and formal sets in each of the three - comprising bangle, necklace, drops and studs, necklace, rings. So basically, 6 complete sets of jewelry. But about 3 years ago after being quite ill, my taste became markedly more casual. I cycled back to loving plain bands - which is where I started when I first joined PS 13 years ago and, altho I have the solitaire of my dreams and some other quite stunning pieces, I largely abandoned the pursuit of diamonds and instead reinvested in my love of enamel with my enamel charm bracelet, and put more money into having quite simple pieces made, but in very good quality with equally high quality diamonds, if, indeed, they had diamonds in them at all.

I don't wear a lot of jewelry - mostly a couple of bands and a bangle, my hoops and a diamond stud in my outer piercing. Here are some photos of what I'm wearing today and this is a very fair representation of my day-to-day 'look': a royal blue leather braided wrist band with sterling silver clasp (altho this is often a solid rose or yellow gold bangle), 2 rings - a Tiffany Legacy (retired) in platinum, and a 2ctw asscher channel set band, also in platinum. It's cool here today and I was sitting on my hands just before I took these photos, so ignore the indentations from my patterned trousers. On my ears - 18kt 1.75" white gold custom hoops and a .61 E VS1 stud in platinum - super ideal stats.

Anyway, as you can see - casualcasualcasual. And I like it like that. Works for who I am and the life I lead. If I need to glam up - I can do that, too. But for every day, I like it low key, and my collection reflects that. In all honesty - I'm happy to be done with it. I'm 61 years old, and I know who I am.

20211231_152034.jpg

20211231_152226.jpg

ETA. I originally said the hoops were 14kt. I've made that mistake a dozen times on PS. My bangles are 14kt - my hoops are 18kt.

Last edited:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not made any serious jewelry purchases since I got my last push present 20 years ago. Now all monies have gone toward my children’s education and travel. Also since my trusted jeweler died 15 years ago, I really can’t seem to trust anyone else. Plus prices of precious metals and stones have really skyrocketed. I am not into lab created or synthetics. But I bought only what I dreamed of and waited so I would not have to to compromise. I wish I had bought more colored stones but oh well. That being said I hardly wear anything now but enjoy my pieces when I do. Like Mrs. B, I am in my sixties and health and family come first. But that does not stop me from enjoying all of the other posters bling happiness and I love admiring everyones’ bling and baubles from afar.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
You may go casual most of the time mrs-b but the look is very stylish. The platinum bands with the navy braided silver bracelet looks so sharp. And those diamond earrings with the hoops suits you well and offers just a hint into your bigger beautiful jewellery collection.

I had noticed you hadn't been around as much and really just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your influence here. I made a disastrous mistake with a setting once and you set me thinking in another direction. Your three stone influenced my next choice which I wish I had gone for right from the start. It was the right style for me. I ALWAYS wear either the three stone diamond ring or one of my two sapphire rings. So getting them right was important and getting them right, without too much mucking around, saved money. I too am a fan of all three metals and I enjoy this but it also adds an extra dimension of complexity and expense if you don't have clear goals with it. Not only have I enjoyed your collection but I've enjoyed the clear goals you set for the collecting of it.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I agree @Polished..I have an emerald cut diamond on my wish list..I would like to get one.…but not big..I will have one of every cut that I love either in rings or earrings. I’m not young anymore. I’m going to be moving to be closer to my middle son at some point to a different state. My focus will be to streamline this house..donating whatever I haven’t used in years. I really have too many sparklies for my lifestyle. I purchased them for me..not for anyone else to ooh and ahh over so I’ll be good with my last two purchases..I feel incredibly lucky to be able to have what I have.

Your last sentence absolutely - I'm really enjoying what I have, in part for the not wishing for more or different.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Planning to get a tennis bracelet with 3mm Princess cut rainbow coloured Sapphires in bar setting in 10K WG from Vijay later this year:

1641119329844.png

I have always wanted one, and this one caught my eyes in terns if design and price point.

I would like to get a 2.5mm version with lab/MMD or Moissanite one day, possibly from him too.

DK :))

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Rensu cut in LGD. Deets in LGD forum.
99154122-6A72-480C-97BE-45258546A385.jpeg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not necklace lover but I figured every girl needs a diamond necklace so here's mine.

F0FD5C93-CAE6-469D-BDBF-34542B2F2C13.jpeg
FD3831E7-921C-4D28-881F-9BFFC511D801.jpeg

Beautiful!!! May I ask what is the length of you necklace? How many inches?

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'm holding my breath waiting on a response from a jewelry shop which makes custom titanium jewelry about my ocean inspired bangle.
I'm thinking titanium with selected parts anodized to blue.
BracletMock+Melee-Melee.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, @prs and @diamondyes -

You probably haven't noticed, but I'm not often on PS anymore. And while your skepticism may be well placed with some people, I've been scaling down my collection for a couple of years now. I still enjoy my collection, and do enjoy design, but I haven't bought anything new for a while now and don't intend to.

I always had a set collection I wanted, and I have it now. Three more projects, for which I already have the diamonds, and then I'm done, believe it. Well - believe it or not, as you wish - but I know me better than anyone else, and I know I'm approaching the end of it. Without strictly saying "I've lost interest" - I've basically lost interest. It's not a bad thing - I just have enough.

well im liking this post because you are happy with your jewelry,:appl: but not because we dont see you as much :(2
your name sack tree in my back garden is now huge and waves hello :wavey:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Polished -

I really do believe that it does subside. It has for me, at least. I'm more about health at this point, and happy to be so. I got rid of everything I didn't absolutely love, or didn't regularly wear, and the things I have left at this point are all things I enjoy.

I did always have an outline of what I wanted - all three metals, casual and formal sets in each of the three - comprising bangle, necklace, drops and studs, necklace, rings. So basically, 6 complete sets of jewelry. But about 3 years ago after being quite ill, my taste became markedly more casual. I cycled back to loving plain bands - which is where I started when I first joined PS 13 years ago and, altho I have the solitaire of my dreams and some other quite stunning pieces, I largely abandoned the pursuit of diamonds and instead reinvested in my love of enamel with my enamel charm bracelet, and put more money into having quite simple pieces made, but in very good quality with equally high quality diamonds, if, indeed, they had diamonds in them at all.

I don't wear a lot of jewelry - mostly a couple of bands and a bangle, my hoops and a diamond stud in my outer piercing. Here are some photos of what I'm wearing today and this is a very fair representation of my day-to-day 'look': a royal blue leather braided wrist band with sterling silver clasp (altho this is often a solid rose or yellow gold bangle), 2 rings - a Tiffany Legacy (retired) in platinum, and a 2ctw asscher channel set band, also in platinum. It's cool here today and I was sitting on my hands just before I took these photos, so ignore the indentations from my patterned trousers. On my ears - 18kt 1.75" white gold custom hoops and a .61 E VS1 stud in platinum - super ideal stats.

Anyway, as you can see - casualcasualcasual. And I like it like that. Works for who I am and the life I lead. If I need to glam up - I can do that, too. But for every day, I like it low key, and my collection reflects that. In all honesty - I'm happy to be done with it. I'm 61 years old, and I know who I am.

20211231_152034.jpg

20211231_152226.jpg

ETA. I originally said the hoops were 14kt. I've made that mistake a dozen times on PS. My bangles are 14kt - my hoops are 18kt.

I love what you have written. Lately I have been examining personal priorities. When I do come back to PS, I do so to catch up with people. I'm 56 and notice that I am happier in my 50's than before (and achier). Jewelry is appreciated but optional.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should do a thread on this but for christmas I got a Dior Rose Des Vents multi-station bracelet :kiss2:. It's dainty and pretty and I love the colorful stones, and the diamonds are small but mighty.

I ought to take my own pics of it but I can't ever get my wrist to look decent in pictures.

1593769508_JRDV95134_0000_E01_ZHC.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should do a thread on this but for christmas I got a Dior Rose Des Vents multi-station bracelet :kiss2:. It's dainty and pretty and I love the colorful stones, and the diamonds are small but mighty.

I ought to take my own pics of it but I can't ever get my wrist to look decent in pictures.

So pretty! I’ve tried their pendants and they are very wearable.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

I love this. I have a thing for star/compass rose type symbology. :love:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
My stud to dangle conversion I picked up from my jeweler last week. French wire hooks with the perfect length and they have such lovely movement! 9D5DD496-12A5-4E43-926B-2FF0ED2982F4.jpeg

Those are beautiful!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stud to dangle conversion I picked up from my jeweler last week. French wire hooks with the perfect length and they have such lovely movement! 9D5DD496-12A5-4E43-926B-2FF0ED2982F4.jpeg

These are so beautiful!!

Reactions: ean
I did a thing...

271257527_3003224999892547_2473258154368972389_n.jpg 271433631_312464610775434_7304798361233447120_n.jpg 271307538_1635183576832088_8326199231741068069_n.jpg

The pics above are from the vendor. I'll take some handshots and such as soon as I can.

I'm loving this so far. Just need to decide which finger I want to wear it on, because it'll determine whether it needs to be resized.

So it's a platinum ring with French cut channel set emeralds. There's also milgrain and engraving throughout the top half of the ring.

And here's what it looks like on me! I'm 90% sure I'm gonna end up sizing it down so I can wear it on my ring finger. But I need to marinate on it some more...

20220115_162744.jpg 20220115_162804.jpg 20220115_162810.jpg IMG_20220115_163816_241.jpg

Essiedub

Rough_Rock
Wondering if you all think $2500 is a decent price for this necklace. I think the price reflects the design more so than the diamonds or rubies at about 2 total Carat weight. It’s obviously not an everyday piece but I think I am drawn to the florals. Please let me know your thoughts

0B7A511D-6920-410C-9200-E0039C5103A8.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results