shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Wondering if you all think $2500 is a decent price for this necklace. I think the price reflects the design more so than the diamonds or rubies at about 2 total Carat weight. It’s obviously not an everyday piece but I think I am drawn to the florals. Please let me know your thoughts

0B7A511D-6920-410C-9200-E0039C5103A8.jpeg

What do you think your frequency of wear will be? While I greatly admire the artwork of the piece, I would be able to wear it so rarely that the cost/wear would be hard to stomach.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@Essiedub

Same question

What do you think your frequency of wear will be? While I greatly admire the artwork of the piece, I would be able to wear it so rarely that the cost/wear would be hard to stomach.

Is it dainty or chunky? Long or short? What would you wear it with? I have a sort-of filigree necklace that is costume jewelry but similar style and it looks good with all kinds of outfits including casual wear. If the necklace is on the delicate side I could see you getting lots of wear out of it.

Essiedub

Rough_Rock

You make a very valid point on cost per wear. But even as a special occasion piece, is it a fair price? Reading between the lines, Perhaps what you’re saying is that there is limited intrinsic value beyond its artistic value hence the cost per wear factors in more heavily? If so, I think that point is very useful. I don’t want to just succumb to emotion!

@Essiedub

Same question

Is it dainty or chunky? Long or short? What would you wear it with? I have a sort-of filigree necklace that is costume jewelry but similar style and it looks good with all kinds of outfits including casual wear. If the necklace is on the delicate side I could see you getting lots of wear out of it.

Thank you! I think it would be construed as delicate. It ranges 17-19” in length. I can see this with a sleek turtle neck but true casual (T-shirt etc), I am at a loss. I would love to see your piece and how you’d style it with casual wear! Please?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wondering if you all think $2500 is a decent price for this necklace. I think the price reflects the design more so than the diamonds or rubies at about 2 total Carat weight. It’s obviously not an everyday piece but I think I am drawn to the florals. Please let me know your thoughts

0B7A511D-6920-410C-9200-E0039C5103A8.jpeg

If you truly LOVE it, I’ll say get it for the artistic value or love factor or whatever so long as it’s affordable for you and you don’t go into debt or anything. I’ve missed out on a few pieces in the past as I didn’t think I’ll wear them often and still regret not jumping on them till now. As you can see from my latest piece, I’ve learnt my lesson! So pretty (I love floral pieces too). Even if I just put it on my desk to admire, I’ll be happy lol.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In addition to better quality and larger drop-shaped Tahitian and White South Sea pearls as interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond huggies, I am contemplating briolettes in icy colours such as Aquamarine, Morganites, and colourless CSs such as Topaz or Danburites or Moissanites.

DK :))

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
You make a very valid point on cost per wear. But even as a special occasion piece, is it a fair price? Reading between the lines, Perhaps what you’re saying is that there is limited intrinsic value beyond its artistic value hence the cost per wear factors in more heavily? If so, I think that point is very useful. I don’t want to just succumb to emotion!

Thank you! I think it would be construed as delicate. It ranges 17-19” in length. I can see this with a sleek turtle neck but true casual (T-shirt etc), I am at a loss. I would love to see your piece and how you’d style it with casual wear! Please?

Mine is 16”. For a casual look I would wear it with a v-neck plain T or a cotton button-up shirt. Mine does not have the stones but does have fancy metalwork/chain. If your stones are small then IMHO the same aesthetic would work. The cost probably does reflect style more than stones but there is also the metal. You won’t find such a complicated piece with quality genuine stones in a precious metal for cheap.

Close-up pic for privacy reasons:

07FA65DF-D659-4901-A668-50D378EAF41B.jpeg

Essiedub

Rough_Rock
Mine is 16”. For a casual look I would wear it with a v-neck plain T or a cotton button-up shirt. Mine does not have the stones but does have fancy metalwork/chain. If your stones are small then IMHO the same aesthetic would work. The cost probably does reflect style more than stones but there is also the metal. You won’t find such a complicated piece with quality genuine stones in a precious metal for cheap.

Close-up pic for privacy reasons:

07FA65DF-D659-4901-A668-50D378EAF41B.jpeg

Thanks for posting. It’s pretty! I really like the metalwork.
Anyway, on the necklace I am considering, I dither; I just don’t know the market and don’t want someone to say....
“ omg you paid how much?!...” As long as it’s in the realm of decent, I’ll be ok. Sounds like you think that there’s value in the 18k and the stones plus the artistry. I value your insight. Thank you

Essiedub

Rough_Rock
If you truly LOVE it, I’ll say get it for the artistic value or love factor or whatever so long as it’s affordable for you and you don’t go into debt or anything. I’ve missed out on a few pieces in the past as I didn’t think I’ll wear them often and still regret not jumping on them till now. As you can see from my latest piece, I’ve learnt my lesson! So pretty (I love floral pieces too). Even if I just put it on my desk to admire, I’ll be happy lol.

I love your moonstone piece! Would you post a modeling shot? I’d love to see how people style their fancy jewelry. Honestly I have no place and I mean absolutely NO place to wear this necklace that I am coveting. It’s purely emotion! I just don’t want to make a uninformed purchase with respect to price. If you all think the price is within acceptable ranges (or a steal!) let me know and I’ll feel more confident in going forward. It’s still a considered purchase. Thanks for all your help!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love your moonstone piece! Would you post a modeling shot? I’d love to see how people style their fancy jewelry. Honestly I have no place and I mean absolutely NO place to wear this necklace that I am coveting. It’s purely emotion! I just don’t want to make a uninformed purchase with respect to price. If you all think the price is within acceptable ranges (or a steal!) let me know and I’ll feel more confident in going forward. It’s still a considered purchase. Thanks for all your help!

Oh, I wore it to work in a boatneck top and jeans.

FE8F01FF-3CB5-4954-9995-F482F69EBE9D.jpeg

am sort of at that age when I feel like I can wear big stuff and get away with it haha

Essiedub

Rough_Rock

am sort of at that age when I feel like I can wear big stuff and get away with it haha

It looks even better on ! You get a sense of the scale and the iridescent blues..just lovely! Thanks for posting :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It looks even better on ! You get a sense of the scale and the iridescent blues..just lovely! Thanks for posting :)

It’s about 6.3 cm long.

For your necklace, will you wear it at all? Like I think I can totally wear something like that to work (in jeans and some top) and no one will blink. What bothers me slightly is the YG parts from an aesthetic perspective. But it’s not a piece that’s common and easy to come by imo and if you truly love it, will wear it, and the price is affordable for you then why not. If you won’t wear it at all like you keep saying, then no.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just gorgeous and I am sure it will insight many great conversations!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous and I am sure it will insight many great conversations!!

All of one! One colleague noticed and asked what stone that is and we had a conversation about moonstone adularescence and how pretty it is.

Oh and how it’s totally ok to wear something like that to work (my colleagues are enablers!).

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of one! One colleague noticed and asked what stone that is and we had a conversation about moonstone adularescence and how pretty it is.

Oh and how it’s totally ok to wear something like that to work (my colleagues are enablers!).

Haha! With words like adularescence, I am sure you made an impression on them. LOL!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm anticipating this unconventional flower piece design in few days, then one more project will be completed in couple weeks. After that I will be on DK hiatus for a long long while.

Screenshot_20220130-090623.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm anticipating this unconventional flower piece design in few days, then one more project will be completed in couple weeks. After that I will be on DK hiatus for a long long while.

That is stunning!! Will be a nice look with your beautiful pendant without being so "matchy-matchy"!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hubba hubbba!!!! :love:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Ha ha! I knew it! I saw this and immediately thought of you.
This has @ZestfullyBling written all over it. It's super cool :love:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
So it's a platinum ring with French cut channel set emeralds. There's also milgrain and engraving throughout the top half of the ring.

And here's what it looks like on me! I'm 90% sure I'm gonna end up sizing it down so I can wear it on my ring finger. But I need to marinate on it some more...

20220115_162744.jpg 20220115_162804.jpg 20220115_162810.jpg IMG_20220115_163816_241.jpg

That is ah-mazing!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I have been very bad this weekend, this whole month actually. So this shall be it until probably the end of the year until I learn to release some my personal collection. I do love them all though so I shall suffer until then. Oh why doesn’t money grow on trees?

First up is this vintage Heavy sterling silver bracelet. It had my husband’s initial engraved and while I’m normally more of a dainty jewelry girl, I was very drawn to it.

28FF0A69-BE53-4303-864E-694B51327123.jpeg

I thought it needed a little more sparkle, so I promptly bought one of these antique mini rose cut Diamond heart charm for it. It is half an inch and thought would be perfect together with that K medallion.

9F6B4E50-2F57-4103-AA9C-348BB5F8658C.jpeg

And last but not the least, I am on a brooch kick lately.I do wear them as brooches or hair pins whenever I go out (pendants as well) if I ever find the perfect chain, so the cost per wear is justifiable to me. This rose cut bow in all its beauty!! This will be it for a while for me, so let me just live vicariously through all of you!

E0118D51-9BDC-4EB8-9CAE-4C8BA1398FCB.jpeg E3F42A02-247C-4A52-893D-2D3BF3669E5C.jpeg

Edited to add: These are all seller photos. Only the bracelet has reached me yet.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have been very bad this weekend, this whole month actually. So this shall be it until probably the end of the year until I learn to release some my personal collection. I do love them all though so I shall suffer until then. Oh why doesn’t money grow on trees?

First up is this vintage Heavy sterling silver bracelet. It had my husband’s initial engraved and while I’m normally more of a dainty jewelry girl, I was very drawn to it.

28FF0A69-BE53-4303-864E-694B51327123.jpeg

I thought it needed a little more sparkle, so I promptly bought one of these antique mini rose cut Diamond heart charm for it. It is half an inch and thought would be perfect together with that K medallion.

9F6B4E50-2F57-4103-AA9C-348BB5F8658C.jpeg

And last but not the least, I am on a brooch kick lately.I do wear them as brooches or hair pins whenever I go out (pendants as well) if I ever find the perfect chain, so the cost per wear is justifiable to me. This rose cut bow in all its beauty!! This will be it for a while for me, so let me just live vicariously through all of you!

E0118D51-9BDC-4EB8-9CAE-4C8BA1398FCB.jpeg E3F42A02-247C-4A52-893D-2D3BF3669E5C.jpeg

Edited to add: These are all seller photos. Only the bracelet has reached me yet.

Those are all amazing and that brooch really takes it for me! Wow it's lovely. But I can see why the bracelet is so tempting for that price with 4cts of diamonds. I know the feeling bc I just bought a snake brooch pendant that I could not stop thinking about!!! It's hard to be good!

Edit - I thought I was replying to the other thread whoops! So the bracelet comment probably doesn't make sense!

Edit again; I had tagged you in this before but maybe you didn't see it. We had talked about silver chain as an alternative until you find a gold one that it's insane price wise: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vi...349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&#

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade

This is just beautiful! I can see this as a hair piece as well! There are hair combs with a small metal tube that the pin goes thru on etsy if you think you might wear it in your hair. So lovely! I love florals in jewelry too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This is just beautiful! I can see this as a hair piece as well! There are hair combs with a small metal tube that the pin goes thru on etsy if you think you might wear it in your hair. So lovely! I love florals in jewelry too.

Thanks and thanks for the suggestion! I’ll be worried about dropping the piece (it’s rather heavy) but it is an intriguing idea.

Can be worn vertically too and I kind of prefer it that way after trying both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results