shape
carat
color
clarity

Year in review

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a terrific thread, I'd love to join in! I didn't realize DW had had such a busy 2021 until I started to put this post together! =)2

DW wanted to upgrade her ER to an OEC for our 40th anniversary. We had been looking for ages before Amy at DKJ finally found "the one" for her. Here it is together with a Zincite we bought from Jerry Newman, both set by DKJ. When DW wears these rings together she says she has fire on her left hand, and molten lava on her right. :love:

5.05ct OEC 122.jpg

To celebrate our actual 40th we took a short trip to La Jolla. One does not expect to find any jewelry bargains at high end California seaside resorts but being true PSers we couldn't help calling in at every jewelry store in town! :) We ended up chatting with the owner of a store who happened to be a jadeite lover. It turned out he had just received a gorgeous, certified stone from a friend and he went to his safe to show it to us. So DW actually got two pieces for her 40th! The jadeite is being set by DKJ as we speak. Here is a photo of both together.

3.11ct Green Jadeite Cabochon 3.jpg

We bought this blue sapphire at auction and Jerry Newman recut the pavilion to brighten it up. We were at DKJ discussing a Princess Dianne setting when Amy pulled out this beautiful marquise diamond setting that David had just acquired. DW was in love!

4.20ct Sapphire Marquise Setting 19.jpg

What do you do with a large amethyst? Here's DW's answer to that question. =)2

18.23ct Amethyst Pendant 3 (2).jpg

DW always wanted an 18K yellow gold necklace, and this year she found the one she loved.

Gold Chain 1.jpg

Who would have thought garnet and peridot bracelets could be so beautiful.

Peridot and Garnet Bracelets 3.jpg

Jewelry prices went nuts in 2021 but DW found a great deal on this Tanzanite pear.

3.25ct Tanzanite Ring 10.jpg

For years we had been looking for a black opal that didn't break the bank. In December we finally found one. No photos yet by yours truly, but here is a vendor photo.

1.87ct Black Opal H3.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
What a terrific thread, I'd love to join in! I didn't realize DW had had such a busy 2021 until I started to put this post together! =)2

DW wanted to upgrade her ER to an OEC for our 40th anniversary. We had been looking for ages before Amy at DKJ finally found "the one" for her. Here it is together with a Zincite we bought from Jerry Newman, both set by DKJ. When DW wears these rings together she says she has fire on her left hand, and molten lava on her right. :love:

5.05ct OEC 122.jpg

To celebrate our actual 40th we took a short trip to La Jolla. One does not expect to find any jewelry bargains at high end California seaside resorts but being true PSers we couldn't help calling in at every jewelry store in town! :) We ended up chatting with the owner of a store who happened to be a jadeite lover. It turned out he had just received a gorgeous, certified stone from a friend and he went to his safe to show it to us. So DW actually got two pieces for her 40th! The jadeite is being set by DKJ as we speak. Here is a photo of both together.

We bought this blue sapphire at auction and Jerry Newman recut the pavilion to brighten it up. We were at DKJ discussing a Princess Dianne setting when Amy pulled out this beautiful marquise diamond setting that David had just acquired. DW was in love!

DW always wanted an 18K yellow gold necklace, and this year she found the one she loved.

Gold Chain 1.jpg

Jewelry prices went nuts in 2021 but DW found a great deal on this Tanzanite pear.

For years we had been looking for a black opal that didn't break the bank. In December we finally found one. No photos yet by yours truly, but here is a vendor photo.

Your wife has some of the most outstanding pieces! I always enjoy your posts!
I'm so going to miss having Jerry Newman around. Such a master! He did an outstanding recut for me once but I regret that I never got to purchase a stone cut by him.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

5.05ct OEC 122.jpg

Gold Chain 1.jpg

Wow wow wow wow wow! All are stunning!

Reactions: prs

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Such a cool thread! Worked on my bracelet stack with the top and bottom vintage plat bracelets. The diamond dangle necklace is from PFG. It takes terrible photos, but in person the little diamonds are in constant motion and the step cuts flash so it’s very twinkly and fun to wear.

9B290EBF-0B86-4247-8335-DE72EA3794D3.jpeg 4FDDF880-2399-4752-A820-DB7875F826E7.jpeg 8568CD70-9C8B-4077-90C3-018E0F2966FA.jpeg

What is PFG? I adore all of these pieces - but that necklace is so pretty!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

5.05ct OEC 122.jpg

Gold Chain 1.jpg

Wowwwww I adore it all, but the tanzanite pear is new to me! Haven’t seen it yet! Would love more pics! Gorgeous everything and happy anniversary <3

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

5.05ct OEC 122.jpg

Gold Chain 1.jpg

Wow!! You guys had a busy year! Congratulations on all your outstanding pieces. They look fabulous on your wife and it’s great you enjoy the acquisition process as much as she does.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The Debebians is more DK pricing for sure. @swaye2010 uses them for most of h
er pieces. I will have to dig for ear shots - will try to find them.
You did your green tourmaline after my blue one. I loved the blue one enough to buy a 3 carat yellow Asscher from Africa Gems and made another bezel with Debebian’s. I really love the flower design I created with marquise diamond’s underneath on that one.
BEC8D763-BFFF-4404-B2BD-6BDC2246C237.jpeg

4278DD09-F1AB-4831-96EF-AC962E1F8C79.jpeg
I picked up this 6 carat peachy tourmaline and replaced a center stone in this platinum baguette setting.
47FE85A3-A243-4406-BBEA-87B506A855CC.jpeg

I put a blue lab sapphire in one of my favorite engraved setting’s for right now. I had to redo the head. I took the 4.75 carat natural sapphire out to get a small recut before it goes in its new home.
B2FCB669-BF24-4151-A0C5-EC1B5D9FA50A.jpeg 8674370E-3676-4D29-9330-99B7B45D0383.jpeg
I was hoping to have my two new cluster halo’s done for 2021 but it looks like they are rolling into the New Year. My sapphire will be going into an engraved cluster halo with 3mm OEC’s and then I had an OEC lab diamond (8.5/VSG) cut for another cluster or possibly 5 stone ring. I also picked up a few different sets of earrings from Lightbox.
14781055-CA54-43B2-B2FA-BB852F26A810.jpeg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The debebians ring is absolutely incredible- can you tell me if their prices are more David Klass or Leon Mege? I hate to ask vendors for quotes unless I have a sense of whether or not I’m wasting their time.

I also love the bezelled emerald studs. Gorgeous. Any ear pics?

Your new OEC is exceptional. I would call it “Aurora” because that’s a princess name and also because of the pastel color-play reminding me of the northern lights. Haha oh darn now I want that name for my future honking HFG OEC ring! But if you like it, it’s yours haha

Prices are definitely in the same range as DK. He has a really good engraver which is why I keep going back to him.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
You did your green tourmaline after my blue one. I loved the blue one enough to buy a 3 carat yellow Asscher from Africa Gems and made another bezel with Debebian’s. I really love the flower design I created with marquise diamond’s underneath on that one.
BEC8D763-BFFF-4404-B2BD-6BDC2246C237.jpeg

4278DD09-F1AB-4831-96EF-AC962E1F8C79.jpeg
I picked up this 6 carat peachy tourmaline and replaced a center stone in this platinum baguette setting.
47FE85A3-A243-4406-BBEA-87B506A855CC.jpeg

I put a blue lab sapphire in one of my favorite engraved setting’s for right now. I had to redo the head. I took the 4.75 carat natural sapphire out to get a small recut before it goes in its new home.
B2FCB669-BF24-4151-A0C5-EC1B5D9FA50A.jpeg 8674370E-3676-4D29-9330-99B7B45D0383.jpeg
I was hoping to have my two new cluster halo’s done for 2021 but it looks like they are rolling into the New Year. My sapphire will be going into an engraved cluster halo with 3mm OEC’s and then I had an OEC lab diamond (8.5/VSG) cut for another cluster or possibly 5 stone ring. I also picked up a few different sets of earrings from Lightbox.
14781055-CA54-43B2-B2FA-BB852F26A810.jpeg

Oh wow! Is there a thread on the peachy tourmaline? All of these are amazing

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for another beautifully vicarious year. As a permanent resident of ban island, you can visit, but are not allowed to live here. Oh, and thanks for the telescope so I can spy on your pretties and pretend scenarios with me wearing them. We've had many imagines! :lol:
Love you PS peoples!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your wife has some of the most outstanding pieces! I always enjoy your posts!
I'm so going to miss having Jerry Newman around. Such a master! He did an outstanding recut for me once but I regret that I never got to purchase a stone cut by him.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

Las March we actually met with Jerry and his beautiful wife at his local Starbucks to discuss the recut. His wife and DW really hit it off, and she very kindly invited us back to their house for us to see the recut in person. That's where we saw the Zincite. Jerry was a great guy and we really enjoyed listening to him explaining each step of the recut process. His wife was also a lapidary and had her own equipment. She told us they went to faceting classes together and at their first lesson the instructor told her Jerry was a natural. How true that was!

Turns out Jerry was an engineer for an aerospace Company before he retired, and IIRC they both took up lapidary work as a hobby. I too hope we see him again, but I know the move also involved a downsizing so I suspect there may be an issue finding a suitable spot for the equipment.

just wanted to say your stash of gorgeous Zircons with those amazing cuts has not gone unnoticed. :love:

ArielleB

Shiny_Rock
Excellent thread!

2021 saw my set tweaked. A casual observer would notice no difference, which was the aim since I already have a reputation as a crazy diamond lady. I achieved a few goals by upgrading my AVC (thanks @ecf8503), and finally getting the most comfortable princess cut eternity (thanks Liz!), which I added milgrain to in line with my abiding love of @lknvrb4’s princess eternity.

Set my S-colour AVC in a halo.

Upgraded my studs. I didn’t wear them much, so in 2022 I am turning them into a 3-stone ring.

Tweaked my original engagement ring so that it’s a very comfortable, low-set flower.

Got the bracelet stack of my dreams (thanks @DorotheaBrooke for the DBTY).
8B38EB31-07D4-480C-AC85-128B980B6B14.png DA74E42A-FCB9-49F1-8C1D-1B32878B06D8.png 6A20D79B-75D7-426C-9DAE-ED6601BE4FB7.jpeg 6B5E05EF-3719-4251-BB4B-14BD5BEFF53F.png A00B0DD3-B331-4EA7-8006-D521C9408257.jpeg
But the true jewel of 2021 for me was our precious new family member: the best-natured and arguably cutest pup I’ve ever met.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent thread!

2021 saw my set tweaked. A casual observer would notice no difference, which was the aim since I already have a reputation as a crazy diamond lady. I achieved a few goals by upgrading my AVC (thanks @ecf8503), and finally getting the most comfortable princess cut eternity (thanks Liz!), which I added milgrain to in line with my abiding love of @lknvrb4’s princess eternity.

Upgraded my studs. I didn’t wear them much, so in 2022 I am turning them into a 3-stone ring.

Tweaked my original engagement ring so that it’s a very comfortable, low-set flower.

8B38EB31-07D4-480C-AC85-128B980B6B14.png DA74E42A-FCB9-49F1-8C1D-1B32878B06D8.png 6A20D79B-75D7-426C-9DAE-ED6601BE4FB7.jpeg 6B5E05EF-3719-4251-BB4B-14BD5BEFF53F.png A00B0DD3-B331-4EA7-8006-D521C9408257.jpeg
But the true jewel of 2021 for me was our precious new family member: the best-natured and arguably cutest pup I’ve ever met.

Yay, the bracelet looks great on you! Love the AVC and the puppy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! That one is my favorite, too.

Finding the right widths was a challenge. Fell in love with a tapered one, but it didn’t stack right so I passed. My brain kept telling me to be practical, and my eyes kept saying “pretty!” ;-)

I don’t have a thread so here are few more pics. The one at the top was too long so I removed 3 links. 2 of those links had 1 ct OECs. I’ve been holding onto them debating about selling the OEC in my avatar or the 2.45 CVB and doing a ring project with the 2 new ones, or just selling the new ones.
7EDA55EA-FC0F-4E6C-92A2-5EF45C742534.jpeg A6C3EA6C-146F-4496-9078-91A924EF9214.jpeg 110ECAE2-1897-4E16-AE04-02FA3A506862.jpeg
B9016A10-2FBA-487E-A7E5-1F627FDA19F8.jpeg 6F027D4F-ABCD-4B3B-A065-EFAACE916828.jpeg
Oh be still my heart! Your bracelets are amazing!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gulp. Here we go, in no specific order. I started out with some recycled pieces as well as a three stone ring, all from Dan M:

Before and after:

IMG_6010.jpg IMG_6011.jpg

Before and after again:

IMG_6009.jpg
IMG_6008.jpg

Three stone zircon that I also used from other pieces:

IMG_5980.jpg

Then I reset the diamond from my e-ring into an octagonal setting from DK and had Alex from Premier cut a tanzy to put in the original e-ring setting:

reset.jpg

Then I had this stunning tourmaline ring made, one of my favorite pieces ever. From Debebians:

IMG_5981.jpg

1641499769496.jpeg

I bought the tourm not long after buying this emerald which I had DK put in a three stone:

IMG_5982.jpg

I had two other precision cut stones - Dan set the amethyst and Veejay the dark green tourmaline; tanzy thrown in the picture:

IMG_5983.jpg

Made this ring from a fave Etsy seller based in Israel - Rethink Gold:
1641500167211.png

Then of course I got the honker holy grail from SinCityFinds (I still need a name for her btw):

IMG_5984.jpg

Somewhere in the mix came these lab emerald earrings as well as natural ones; also by Dan:

IMG_5985.jpg

Cute love knot earrings from Etsy which I really love:

IMG_6007.jpg

Got this chain over xmas:

IMG_5986.jpg

and have another chain not pictured. GOOD LORD. I'm embarrassed you see @Buttercookies you aren't the only one.

This year I have another reset on the way, as well as a snake pendant. I would like another Victorian snake ring but am still in look mode. The good news is that many of these projects were funded by my selling off other items. But I need to take a long trip to ban island, I think.

Holy bling 2021 has been good to you!! I just love your tourmaline and your emerald ring!!! What a gorgeous collection!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent thread!

Oh how sweet! Beautiful new collection too!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

5.05ct OEC 122.jpg

Gold Chain 1.jpg

As always, your wife's jewelry is utterly amazing!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowwwww I adore it all, but the tanzanite pear is new to me! Haven’t seen it yet! Would love more pics! Gorgeous everything and happy anniversary <3

The 3.25ct Tanzanite pear measures 13.1x8.6x4.7. The halo diamonds are 2.0mm. Sorry, but I only have one more PS worthy pic. :mrgreen2:

3.25ct Tanzanite Ring 2.jpg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
The 3.25ct Tanzanite pear measures 13.1x8.6x4.7. The halo diamonds are 2.0mm. Sorry, but I only have one more PS worthy pic. :mrgreen2:

3.25ct Tanzanite Ring 2.jpg

I love this! Thank you!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally got around to taking some pics! Yikes, I have spent alot last year! 20220110_120642.jpg 20220110_120723.jpg 20220110_120909.jpg 20220110_114430.jpg 20220110_121013.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
My "kid" is 26 and a knife maker/engineering student...well beyond the painted noodle stage now!
He did a practice run in brass and copper that I'm going to stick on my key chain.
20220101_124521.jpg

The purple is an antique smooth top bottom faceted amethyst cab:
20220101_125626.jpg

The black is actually a grey/silver/teal abstract cut spinel with silver french cut spinel sidestones recently made for me by Daniel M.
20211231_123651.jpg

Well done to your son. Hopefully he keeps you (and in the future us) in shining trinkets xx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results