shape
carat
color
clarity

Year in review

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t need anymore bands, but ……… in my defence, none of them sat well with Bella. DH asked what I wanted for my birthday, so I decided to get Bella a friend, and bought a lovely 7 OEC half eternity from Old World Diamonds.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! The three stone is a beautiful ring. I just find it to be "extra" now. I have been honestly just wearing bands or a smaller look that is more delicate lately. At some point, I will likely wear it. I was glad to use up all my stones in pieces I did not wear anymore. I love the stones and the design, but when I go to wear it, it just feels too big/too much? I used to want a stone that was larger before, 4.5 plus in an old cut, but I am not in the same head space anymore! The center is 2.34 and sides are.90ish. I had bought a 10mm and 11mm tester CZ for size on the big stone idea and found out I actually wasn't interested after I did that.

I'm sorry you've had such rough year. I totally get it. Hugs to you. I hope 2023 is brighter for you and your family.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2022 was a hard, crappy year overall.

I did buy things and some I regret.

The things I like the best are actually the cheaper items, to be honest!

@elizat -

I totally hear you on this. I had an equally crappy 2022, which is going to culminate in a major back surgery on Tuesday, and my love of bling went down, down and down as the year went on. What I want now are a few things I find easy to wear, aren't too 'much', aren't too visually cacophonic, and are all super casual. I had a heavy gold band made and I love it and wear it more than any other single thing I own, except for my wedding band and a plain pair of small hoops in my outer holes, which I never have to switch out. Like - ever.

I, also, don't wear necklaces - altho I've found that my 2 lockets and my memorial pendant for my dog hit my brain in a different way. I also have a lovely wedding necklace made from my husband's broken wedding ring, and my engagement ring - which also broke - and my wedding ring, which we discovered I was allergic to about 3 months after our wedding. So those 4 necklaces are keepers. But WHY I have the other dozen necklaces chocking up my jewelry box is completely beyond me.

I really need to move on from this 'stuff'. Deep breath...and take the leap!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
So for me, it was the year of the pendants and necklaces, evidently. My favorite of my collection is the snake, but I’m also in love with the crescent I acquired and a beautiful Victorian locket. I also got two Victorian chains and one has two big bolt rings which I just love. Probably the biggest thing is this beautiful French band that I bought from another PSer. I also got a gypsy ring. Not pictured are some bands - I can’t find them on my camera roll and I don’t feel like taking them out right now! But as others have said, I definitely bought more than I thought I would!

43E42B40-000C-439D-9152-97CEA0750058.jpeg A5DD38D4-7F69-48AB-8E28-49F2A188D326.jpeg

F15B8F54-671C-4CA0-B3CB-7D0CAC4E478D.jpeg B8B46023-C36D-4AEB-833C-923D08C2FE9C.jpeg 7082AA11-D143-4BFA-A393-A073EA45FE0F.jpeg

@Mreader May I ask, did you get your crescent from Dolly? I got a white gold one and changed my mind and went with the yellow gold one. I will get it around the end of February. I love yours regardless of where you got it. Do you find it to be a piece you can wear daily?

Your french cut diamond eternity!!!! I Love this!!!! It is gorgeous!! Can you tell us what size it is please?

You had a fabulous 2022! Good for you! Enjoy all of your treasures!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader May I ask, did you get your crescent from Dolly? I got a white gold one and changed my mind and went with the yellow gold one. I will get it around the end of February. I love yours regardless of where you got it. Do you find it to be a piece you can wear daily?

Your french cut diamond eternity!!!! I Love this!!!! It is gorgeous!! Can you tell us what size it is please?

You had a fabulous 2022! Good for you! Enjoy all of your treasures!

Hi @peppermintpatty !! I got lucky with an antique crescent from SinCityFinds. It was a pin and I had it converted. I find it very wearable but I am conscious of it when I wear it if that makes sense (worry about it falling off or something even though that’s not rational). I love Dolly’s and hope you post yours when you get it. My ring size is 5-5.25; this ring is a 5.5 and it does spin a bit. I didn’t think it would bc it’s so thick. But I don’t mind (I can’t stand the opposite - one that is tight). The band has belonged to two other PSers! You can see more pics here started at #57

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
2022, also known as The Year Tonks Started A Bracelet Collection.

Alternate titles:
Yes, VCA is As Addictive As Everyone Claims

Don’t Look At Me Funny, There Are No Cartier OR VCA Boutiques In My Home State And There’s Been A Pandemic On

This Is Ridiculous But I REGRET NOTHING

A2ACECEE-4293-4FFF-A479-E2F496114E3E.jpeg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alternate titles:

Don’t Look At Me Funny, There Are No Cartier OR VCA Boutiques In My Home State And There’s Been A Pandemic On

@Tonks --the VCA brand addiction IS real! Congrats on all of your new lovely pieces!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks --the VCA brand addiction IS real! Congrats on all of your new lovely pieces!

Thank you! It really is—I had absolutely no idea.

I’m pleasantly surprised at how well it combines with Cartier, too. The aesthetics are just different enough that you tend to see stacks of one or the other more than both. I happen to really like both (though this photo was an anomaly —I don’t wear more than three at once).

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @peppermintpatty !! I got lucky with an antique crescent from SinCityFinds. It was a pin and I had it converted. I find it very wearable but I am conscious of it when I wear it if that makes sense (worry about it falling off or something even though that’s not rational). I love Dolly’s and hope you post yours when you get it. My ring size is 5-5.25; this ring is a 5.5 and it does spin a bit. I didn’t think it would bc it’s so thick. But I don’t mind (I can’t stand the opposite - one that is tight). The band has belonged to two other PSers! You can see more pics here started at #57

Hi @Mreader ! I love it! SinCityFinds has such beautiful and unique pieces. Good for you for getting one of her pieces!!! They go so fast! Mine is 1.5" so I am thinking I will wear it, maybe not every day though. I got the small Kinsley charm from Singlestone and am waiting to get a just a sliver of a crescent moon to wear with it. I plan on wearing that daily, I currently do wear the star daily so that is a good sign ;-) I am going to take pictures when I get all of my new pieces in. Famous last words I know lol, but I truly do plan on being done once I receive those.

Thank you for the additional pictures of your gorgeous french cut eternity! Such a stunning ring!!! I had to smile when I read what ean, "was that ring mine?" lol. It does get difficult to remember where you buy your pre-loved or sell one of our own treasures to.

I wish I could ship my pieces to you and have you take the photo's! Your's are so good!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pieces! What a fabulous 2022 you had!!!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

I did buy things and some I regret. Here is what I did.

PXL_20230120_155649898.jpg

Top to bottom.

Suzanne Kalan sapphire, emerald and diamond eternity. My almost 16 year old dog died Christmas Eve and this band is my memorial ring for him. Everything represents a color of an item Charlie loved.

Yellow gold deco orange blossom band. $125!

Deco platinum eternity, 1cttw from Badis Jewelry.

French cut eternity band which has been passed around a lot here.

White gold new old stock orange blossom band from an IG seller. Pretty reasonable price.

Reshanked an old baguette and added new engraving.

I don't regret the bands.

PXL_20230120_160239095.jpg

1.4 ctww Victorian five stone. Pretty stones but I regret this. I was doing I feel bad about things buying.

Second hand CvB Acacia setting with a 2.6 modern round. I like this one.

PXL_20230120_160021289.jpg

Victorian sapphire and diamond bangle from Gilded Lane. Bought for a special occasion. Bad photo.

PXL_20230120_154949808.jpg

Little H tahitian and black diamond grotto earrings. Pretty, but I regret these because I live a boring life that doesn't call for them.

IMG_20230120_104125_821.jpg

Pearls. I wear these apart from the necklace. I should have known better. I don't really do necklaces. Tahitian eggplant studs and gold SS studs. Akoya necklace.

PXL_20230120_155344084.jpg

PXL_20230120_155417092.jpg

More earrings.

Mabe studs that are lovely for $120! I wear those. Coral studs for $120 as well. Little H diamond and tahitian studs and jackets. Sako Victorian diamond component earrings. Big earrings. I think about 5 something carats. I bought the components before 2022 but only had posts added this year. I have never worn them. I put those in the regret camp. Beautiful, but impractical.

PXL_20230120_154923999.jpg

A terrible photo of Little H sapphire grotto earrings on the right. These are fun but are not something I really wear.

PXL_20220712_160540240.jpg PXL_20220712_160127580.jpg

This is a new setting. I had the stones. I think it counts. It's really pretty but I don't wear it much. I don't regret it, because I owned the stones for a number of years and I combined them, but I definitely don't wear it.

Such a lovely sentimental Suzanne Kalan piece, sorry for your loss.

And I would love to see those Sako earrings on you! They look amazing

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! It really is—I had absolutely no idea.

I’m pleasantly surprised at how well it combines with Cartier, too. The aesthetics are just different enough that you tend to see stacks of one or the other more than both. I happen to really like both (though this photo was an anomaly —I don’t wear more than three at once).

Yes! The aesthetics of both are different and the combination is divine :kiss2:

To my eyes, Cartier has a more masculine, edgy vibe (especially your ecrou in WG, wow!) whereas VCA is more feminine and classic. Yin and yang, perfect match

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Alternate titles:

GORGEOUS, gorgeous, gorgeous!

And I think its super cool you did it in one sweep (or in one year)!

(Which band is that again? It works PERFECTLY with your bracelet stack!)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's new additions. Here's mine, a 3.51 N OEC in a David Klass setting, purchased from CHRISTY-DANIELLE.

0B30BA9E-AB5B-449E-9835-87973681584A.jpeg

Mesmerizing ring and perfect hands and manicure my dear @junebug17 !!!❤️
I think that if I had to let go of all my jewelry and i could only choose one single piece to have and to wear for the rest of my life, that one and only piece would have been this specific ring of yours. It is perfect from every perspective and I can't stop looking at it! Wear it in good health!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alternate titles:

My favorite: I REGRET NOTHING.

I agree. Nothing on your wrist to regret. It's the wrist stack of dreams.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Congratulations on a banner year.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! The aesthetics of both are different and the combination is divine :kiss2:

To my eyes, Cartier has a more masculine, edgy vibe (especially your ecrou in WG, wow!) whereas VCA is more feminine and classic. Yin and yang, perfect match
Agree completely re: the Cartier having a more masculine edge vs. the VCA femininity. Perhaps that’s why they just work!

GORGEOUS, gorgeous, gorgeous!

And I think its super cool you did it in one sweep (or in one year)!

(Which band is that again? It works PERFECTLY with your bracelet stack!)
Thank you!
The band is a Norah, made by CVB. It’s 4.67 ctw. If I remember correctly each stone is .29. They were custom cut for the band. I don’t have a thread on it.

My favorite: I REGRET NOTHING.

I agree. Nothing on your wrist to regret. It's the wrist stack of dreams.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Congratulations on a banner year.

Thank you! It was funny to go from having most of this planned (the wg Vintage Alhambra was a surprise—I was thrilled when DS posted it) to reality in such a short time. But also very exciting. And I am really loving that everything works together, so no matter the mood—there is a combo that is perfect.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, thank you so much! This diamond definitely scratched an itch I had and I still look forward to putting it on everyday.

@Rubies-R-Me, I really appreciate the compliment!

@Ibrakeforpossums, thank you...I feel fortunate to own a ring that was made with so much love and attention to detail.

@Mreader, wow, thank you! It's great to share with people who understand!

@Natylad, I am so touched by your very kind words, they mean a lot to me. Thank you <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mesmerizing ring and perfect hands and manicure my dear @junebug17 !!!❤️
I think that if I had to let go of all my jewelry and i could only choose one single piece to have and to wear for the rest of my life, that one and only piece would have been this specific ring of yours. It is perfect from every perspective and I can't stop looking at it! Wear it in good health!

+ a billion!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did buy things and some I regret. Here is what I did.

PXL_20230120_155649898.jpg

Top to bottom.

Suzanne Kalan sapphire, emerald and diamond eternity. My almost 16 year old dog died Christmas Eve and this band is my memorial ring for him. Everything represents a color of an item Charlie loved.

Yellow gold deco orange blossom band. $125!

Deco platinum eternity, 1cttw from Badis Jewelry.

French cut eternity band which has been passed around a lot here.

White gold new old stock orange blossom band from an IG seller. Pretty reasonable price.

Reshanked an old baguette and added new engraving.

I don't regret the bands.

PXL_20230120_160239095.jpg

1.4 ctww Victorian five stone. Pretty stones but I regret this. I was doing I feel bad about things buying.

Second hand CvB Acacia setting with a 2.6 modern round. I like this one.

PXL_20230120_160021289.jpg

Victorian sapphire and diamond bangle from Gilded Lane. Bought for a special occasion. Bad photo.

Little H tahitian and black diamond grotto earrings. Pretty, but I regret these because I live a boring life that doesn't call for them.

IMG_20230120_104125_821.jpg

Pearls. I wear these apart from the necklace. I should have known better. I don't really do necklaces. Tahitian eggplant studs and gold SS studs. Akoya necklace.

PXL_20230120_155344084.jpg

PXL_20230120_155417092.jpg

More earrings.

Mabe studs that are lovely for $120! I wear those. Coral studs for $120 as well. Little H diamond and tahitian studs and jackets. Sako Victorian diamond component earrings. Big earrings. I think about 5 something carats. I bought the components before 2022 but only had posts added this year. I have never worn them. I put those in the regret camp. Beautiful, but impractical.

A terrible photo of Little H sapphire grotto earrings on the right. These are fun but are not something I really wear.

PXL_20220712_160540240.jpg PXL_20220712_160127580.jpg

This is a new setting. I had the stones. I think it counts. It's really pretty but I don't wear it much. I don't regret it, because I owned the stones for a number of years and I combined them, but I definitely don't wear it.

I have some regrets too but, wow, you got quite the collection last year!! Oh please wear your 3 stone and your diamond floral earrings! Gorgeous!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alternate titles:

Um no way would I regret any of that!! :kiss2:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally got around to my purchases last year! LGD 7ctw diamond bracelet, LGD, 2.47 ct Ritani diamond ring, Moissanite 3ct sterling silver ring, 2 antique gold bands, Moissanite tb in ss, 18kyg diamond and peridot necklace, antique diamond dangle earrings, 18kyg custom made diamond band, diamond and sapphire pendant, and last but of course, not the least, my Christmas present from my husband, Art deco diamond and sapphire bracelet in platinum. Hahaha...oh wait, I forgot...my Gucci diamond watch and some chic 14kyg hoops. Oh yeah, and an 18kwg diamond cross for cartilage piercing...
This year is already starting with 4 new additions...stay tuned... 20230203_132921.jpg 20230203_135715.jpg

Attachments

• 20230203_142950.jpg
    20230203_142950.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 16

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I finally got around to my purchases last year! LGD 7ctw diamond bracelet, LGD, 2.47 ct Ritani diamond ring, Moissanite 3ct sterling silver ring, 2 antique gold bands, Moissanite tb in ss, 18kyg diamond and peridot necklace, antique diamond dangle earrings, 18kyg custom made diamond band, diamond and sapphire pendant, and last but of course, not the least, my Christmas present from my husband, Art deco diamond and sapphire bracelet in platinum. Hahaha...oh wait, I forgot...my Gucci diamond watch and some chic 14kyg hoops. Oh yeah, and an 18kwg diamond cross for cartilage piercing...
This year is already starting with 4 new additions...stay tuned... 20230203_135715.jpg

You're killing me!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE seeing everyone's year in review!:love::clap:

Onyx, Diamond and Jelly Opal earrings by David Kord:

IMG_2883 (002).jpg
OMG I love this combo of onyx, diamonds and opal!!
DROOL...
A lean and mean 2022 for Neptune.

1120.jpg
Gorgeous blue!
I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's new additions. Here's mine, a 3.51 N OEC in a David Klass setting, purchased from CHRISTY-DANIELLE.

0B30BA9E-AB5B-449E-9835-87973681584A.jpeg
THUD. That OEC is TDF!

Sorry for the difficult year...I am in love with these grotto earrings! So unique <3
This bracelet... :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
This year is already starting with 4 new additions...stay tuned... 20230203_132921.jpg 20230203_135715.jpg

Love your bracelet!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Wow!!!! I want to see more pics of the antique gold bands :) That bracelets is just incredible.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! I want to see more pics of the antique gold bands :) That bracelets is just incredible.

Thank you! Will snap some pics soon! :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just about passed out!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!!! All your pieces!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go. The jury is still out on the orange blossom yellow gold band. I wish I would have gotten it tested even though it has a 14k stamp. There is just something about the color of the gold in between a rose gold color and yellow gold. Also, I love rose gold but I don't like it on me and my skin tone. The etruscan style band i had made from diamonds that I had from a pendant that I wasn't able to wear. 20230204_143254.jpg

Attachments

• 20230204_143249.jpg
    20230204_143249.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230204_143109.jpg
    20230204_143109.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230204_142420.jpg
    20230204_142420.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230204_142326.jpg
    20230204_142326.jpg