shape
carat
color
clarity

Year in review

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so many just lovely pieces. Thank you for sharing. So happy for you @Cerulean . Unique and lovely and exactly what you wanted. Happy 2021, and much happier 2022!

You are so kind. I’m feeling very very lucky that each piece is mine! Happy 2022 to you too :) can’t wait to see what you to your collection too! Each piece you own is a total classic!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread, and beautiful pieces everyone!

Here is my 3.04 August Vintage cushion in a Leon Mege setting. 741FE934-68F7-48D1-949E-2ACD0DC4B28E.jpeg

June, this gorgeous girl looks absolutely amazing on you and I’m so happy for you. I totally missed when you got this. We would love more pics at any time. :)

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Here is my 3.04 August Vintage cushion in a Leon Mege setting. 741FE934-68F7-48D1-949E-2ACD0DC4B28E.jpeg

This is totally goals. What colour is the centre, if you don’t mind me asking?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Is there a thread on this

Amazing! Is there a thread on this?? How did I miss this this year ?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I love threads like this! Everyone sharing their beloved pieces. So much fun to read the stories behind some pieces and hear the goals for the future.
My finished pieces this year are modest. Some small custom pieces, some vintage finds.
20220101_113422.jpg
By far the most meaningful was a charm bracelet with a blank charm that my son engraved with my initials for me! He's learning engraving. He was nervous to try engraving on my "precious metal"(925 lol)....I wear it daily. 20220101_121413.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love threads like this! Everyone sharing their beloved pieces. So much fun to read the stories behind some pieces and hear the goals for the future.
My finished pieces this year are modest. Some small custom pieces, some vintage finds.
20220101_113422.jpg
By far the most meaningful was a charm bracelet with a blank charm that my son engraved with my initials for me! He's learning engraving. He was nervous to try engraving on my "precious metal"(925 lol)....I wear it daily. 20220101_121413.jpg

How very special that your son engraved it himself!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma that OEC rabbit hole is no joke. And you fell in a BIG way, get it? Sorry...corny. Congratulations on your huge OEC. And that emerald, yum!! Can't wait to see where the OEC rabbit hole leads you next year!

Thanks for starting this fun thread @LLJsmom ! Happy New Year! I *think* my major purchases are done for now. I did a decent amount of damage for my 1st full year on PS 8). My true love is travel. Here's to hoping that 2022 will allow for more of that!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
20220101_113422.jpg

Whaaaaat!!! That engraved bracelet is amazing! And here I am hoping for a gold-painted noodle necklace from my kid! Lol

Can you tell me more about the black and purple rings? They look so nice 3771BE78-6352-4390-8A95-AA5AB777F2DA.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It seems I was into vintage and opalescence this year. I don't have a pic of them all together but here are my vintage rose cut diamond and opal pendant, vintage old mine and cushion cut horseshoe brooch, vintage star sapphire ring, vintage opal octopus brooch, Omega Seamaster watch and Apatite, Aqua and Tourmaline butterfly brooch:

IMG_9450.jpg

IMG_9515.jpg

Star Sapphire3.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0494 (002).jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

Oh @Catmom your menagerie is the stuff of dreams! Hard choose a favorite between Mr. Octopus and Madame Butterfly.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Whaaaaat!!! That engraved bracelet is amazing! And here I am hoping for a gold-painted noodle necklace from my kid! Lol

Can you tell me more about the black and purple rings? They look so nice 3771BE78-6352-4390-8A95-AA5AB777F2DA.png

My "kid" is 26 and a knife maker/engineering student...well beyond the painted noodle stage now!
He did a practice run in brass and copper that I'm going to stick on my key chain.
20220101_124521.jpg

The purple is an antique smooth top bottom faceted amethyst cab:
20220101_125626.jpg

The black is actually a grey/silver/teal abstract cut spinel with silver french cut spinel sidestones recently made for me by Daniel M.
20211231_123651.jpg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
My "kid" is 26 and a knife maker/engineering student...well beyond the painted noodle stage now!
He did a practice run in brass and copper that I'm going to stick on my key chain.
20220101_124521.jpg

The purple is an antique smooth top bottom faceted amethyst cab:
20220101_125626.jpg

The black is actually a grey/silver/teal abstract cut spinel with silver french cut spinel sidestones recently made for me by Daniel M.
20211231_123651.jpg

I love everything about this. Thank you for the details!

It is my dearest wish that my kids can find careers that I can benefit from one day lol!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
20220101_113422.jpg
Lots of pretty things here! I don’t do a lot of vintage jewelry shopping. Is there a thread for good finds and tips for what to look for?
I love that your son engraved that charm. My sons are 28 and 30 and are the lights of my life. So cool to have a creative outlet.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is amazing! I've been away for a while just popping in here and there. Did you have this long? Well its beautiful gosh I love AVCs!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Goodbye 2021(5ct H VS-2 WF ACA upgrade, VCA Magic Alhambra long pave pendant)! :wavey:

Hello 2022! :dance:

7D5A358B-543B-410D-8EA1-8F566E36ECF1.jpeg 3C6EBC7C-2F29-43CB-9BE9-1BCC7C17F383.jpeg

Mary I just love these photos and beautiful jewels! Works of magnificent art! Enjoy and Happy New Year

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the early part of 2021, I focused on having Victor Canera finally reset my diamond from a solitaire to his gorgeous antique cushion halo. I am so glad I waited to find the perfect setting!
2.29AVR.VictorCaneraSetting (3).jpg

Next, I saw a perfect pair of 1.6 ct (each) H VS1-2 WF ACAs and did my FINAL studs upgrade!

3.2 ctw H VS1-2 WF studs (6).jpg

After getting my diamond pieces straightened out, I got a VCA Magic onyx long pendant in May (to match the bracelet I got last Christmas), and a few months later I lucked into finding a solid wg vintage Alhambra bracelet (at the boutique) that was a special order but the original customer changed their mind.

VCAOnyxMagicPendant2 just onyx.jpg

VCAwgAlhambrabracelet1.jpg

I actually have not gotten any jewelry for Christmas and anniversary yet. VCA was (and is) sold out of everything I had on my wishlist, and I have been wearing so little jewelry over the last year or so that I felt uncertain about what I really want. So I may get a belated gift in the next few weeks if I can decide!

Every single piece is beyond! Every time I see your studs it makes me think I want a pair again. Sigh or maybe even convert to platinum everything!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Catmom your menagerie is the stuff of dreams! Hard choose a favorite between Mr. Octopus and Madame Butterfly.

Aww thank you lulu_ma! I love all my little critters but I have to say that Mr. Octopus has my heart..............for now, lol.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Goodbye 2021(5ct WF ACA upgrade, VCA Magic Alhambra long pave pendant)! :wavey:

Hello 2022! :dance:

7D5A358B-543B-410D-8EA1-8F566E36ECF1.jpeg 3C6EBC7C-2F29-43CB-9BE9-1BCC7C17F383.jpeg
WOW
Wow! You have been a busy gal this year! So glad you have most of your amazing finds from the P.S. community.... who better than them!!

Thank you so much @cushioncutnut yep this year turned out way busier than I planned lol! I always say, there is no way I could have picked out these gorgeous gems - that's why I love preloved! The hard work has already been done.
I ADORE your gorgeous new sapphire ring - the color is just captivating!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Lol I love this so so much
It’s like you went to the world’s most beautiful yard sale
Also stunning how much relative strangers can help each other out! Yay for PS preloved! Your collection is stunning!

Thank you so much @diamondyes You couldn't have said it better! The world's blingiest yard sale :kiss2: I am so grateful for the wonderful PSers here. :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I have nowhere near the collection of other PSers, but 2021 was still a damn good year for me!

I upgraded to my HFG.

hfg-jpg.816092

Then I set it in a solitaire.

halo-comparison-1-jpg.843634

Then I wanted more finger coverage, so I re-set it in a halo.

pink-halo-3.jpg

pink-halo-1-jpg.843446

And I got my first RHR, a gorgeous Cartier orchid ring.

orchid1-jpg.865827

orchid2-jpg.865831

@Kim N WOW your HG ring is just gorgeous! Is that a pink diamond halo? I can't wait to see more pics! And your Cartier orchid ring is stunning! Both are perfection :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N WOW your HG ring is just gorgeous! Is that a pink diamond halo? I can't wait to see more pics! And your Cartier orchid ring is stunning! Both are perfection :kiss2:

Thank you so much, bling_dream19--yes, it's a pink diamond Emilya! I have always wanted to have a halo made by Victor, and I adore pink diamonds, so the best thing to do was meld the two! It was actually seeing how perfect your OEC was in the Emilya that pushed me over the edge to get one too!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, bling_dream19--yes, it's a pink diamond Emilya! I have always wanted to have a halo made by Victor, and I adore pink diamonds, so the best thing to do was meld the two! It was actually seeing how perfect your OEC was in the Emilya that pushed me over the edge to get one too!

You are just the sweetest @Kim N I am smiling ear to ear! I just adore the Emilya and with the OEC is just a match made in heaven :love:
Ok we need to see more shots of your gorgeous ring! I've never seen a pink diamond Emilya! Your diamond makes my jaw drop!:love: Pretty please with a cherry on top for more pics :D And I'm obsessed with pink diamonds too! I don't own any yet but am considering setting my unheated light pink pear sapphire with pink diamond halo and then white diamond halo. Your OEC is glorious!!! And setting her in an Emilya and then pink diamonds....that is just beyond fabulous! I hope you feel like a princess everyday wearing her :love::love: Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Where is this ring? We need pictures please!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are just the sweetest @Kim N I am smiling ear to ear! I just adore the Emilya and with the OEC is just a match made in heaven :love:
Ok we need to see more shots of your gorgeous ring! I've never seen a pink diamond Emilya! Your diamond makes my jaw drop!:love: Pretty please with a cherry on top for more pics :D And I'm obsessed with pink diamonds too! I don't own any yet but am considering setting my unheated light pink pear sapphire with pink diamond halo and then white diamond halo. Your OEC is glorious!!! And setting her in an Emilya and then pink diamonds....that is just beyond fabulous! I hope you feel like a princess everyday wearing her :love::love: Congratulations!

Thanks so much, that is so kind of you, bling_dream19! I remember there was a thread asking, "do you take your ring for granted?" and every time I stare down at her, I feel so fortunate to have her. I think we're due to get some sun this week, so I'm going to aim to get a thread up very soon!

Oh my goodness, a double halo with pink diamonds for your unheated pear would be amazing! Have you shared photos of your pear anywhere? And I'm still in awe at the kismet that led to your OEC being an absolutely perfect fit for your Emilya. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results