shape
carat
color
clarity

Year in review

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a cool thread! Worked on my bracelet stack with the top and bottom vintage plat bracelets. The diamond dangle necklace is from PFG. It takes terrible photos, but in person the little diamonds are in constant motion and the step cuts flash so it’s very twinkly and fun to wear.

9B290EBF-0B86-4247-8335-DE72EA3794D3.jpeg 4FDDF880-2399-4752-A820-DB7875F826E7.jpeg 8568CD70-9C8B-4077-90C3-018E0F2966FA.jpeg

GAH! GAH! GAH! YOUR BRACELETS!!! I especially :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: love the two vintage ones, on the left and right. Ok, need lots more pics. Thread? Where???

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vintage platinum bracelets look perfect on you- I love the width of them-a great size!

Yes exactly! The width of them is so nice, so satisfying. They are amazing...

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what glorious color!

Edit: gah this is supposed to have a quote, I hit the quote button on buttercookies’ post. Beautiful delicious rings!

Thank you @yanaazul! I love looking at my ring display box. It’s just full of color. :D

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kgizo that bracket stack looks fabulous. The bracelet closest to your fingers is my favourite.
Thank you! That one is my favorite, too.

The vintage platinum bracelets look perfect on you- I love the width of them-a great size!
Finding the right widths was a challenge. Fell in love with a tapered one, but it didn’t stack right so I passed. My brain kept telling me to be practical, and my eyes kept saying “pretty!” ;-)

GAH! GAH! GAH! YOUR BRACELETS!!! I especially :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: love the two vintage ones, on the left and right. Ok, need lots more pics. Thread? Where???
I don’t have a thread so here are few more pics. The one at the top was too long so I removed 3 links. 2 of those links had 1 ct OECs. I’ve been holding onto them debating about selling the OEC in my avatar or the 2.45 CVB and doing a ring project with the 2 new ones, or just selling the new ones.
7EDA55EA-FC0F-4E6C-92A2-5EF45C742534.jpeg A6C3EA6C-146F-4496-9078-91A924EF9214.jpeg 110ECAE2-1897-4E16-AE04-02FA3A506862.jpeg
B9016A10-2FBA-487E-A7E5-1F627FDA19F8.jpeg 6F027D4F-ABCD-4B3B-A065-EFAACE916828.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! That one is my favorite, too.

Finding the right widths was a challenge. Fell in love with a tapered one, but it didn’t stack right so I passed. My brain kept telling me to be practical, and my eyes kept saying “pretty!” ;-)

I don’t have a thread so here are few more pics. The one at the top was too long so I removed 3 links. 2 of those links had 1 ct OECs. I’ve been holding onto them debating about selling the OEC in my avatar or the 2.45 CVB and doing a ring project with the 2 new ones, or just selling the new ones.
7EDA55EA-FC0F-4E6C-92A2-5EF45C742534.jpeg A6C3EA6C-146F-4496-9078-91A924EF9214.jpeg 110ECAE2-1897-4E16-AE04-02FA3A506862.jpeg
B9016A10-2FBA-487E-A7E5-1F627FDA19F8.jpeg 6F027D4F-ABCD-4B3B-A065-EFAACE916828.jpeg

Thank you! These photos are amazing. I could stare at your bracelet all day. Plus 2 one carat OECs? Such bounty! Your OEC in your avatar is gorgeous. Where is the thread on it? And what are thinking of doing in its place?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Gulp. Here we go, in no specific order. I started out with some recycled pieces as well as a three stone ring, all from Dan M:

Before and after:

IMG_6010.jpg IMG_6011.jpg

Before and after again:

IMG_6009.jpg
IMG_6008.jpg

Three stone zircon that I also used from other pieces:

IMG_5980.jpg

Then I reset the diamond from my e-ring into an octagonal setting from DK and had Alex from Premier cut a tanzy to put in the original e-ring setting:

reset.jpg

Then I had this stunning tourmaline ring made, one of my favorite pieces ever. From Debebians:

IMG_5981.jpg

1641499769496.jpeg

I bought the tourm not long after buying this emerald which I had DK put in a three stone:

IMG_5982.jpg

I had two other precision cut stones - Dan set the amethyst and Veejay the dark green tourmaline; tanzy thrown in the picture:

IMG_5983.jpg

Made this ring from a fave Etsy seller based in Israel - Rethink Gold:
1641500167211.png

Then of course I got the honker holy grail from SinCityFinds (I still need a name for her btw):

IMG_5984.jpg

Somewhere in the mix came these lab emerald earrings as well as natural ones; also by Dan:

IMG_5985.jpg

Cute love knot earrings from Etsy which I really love:

IMG_6007.jpg

Got this chain over xmas:

IMG_5986.jpg

and have another chain not pictured. GOOD LORD. I'm embarrassed you see @Buttercookies you aren't the only one.

This year I have another reset on the way, as well as a snake pendant. I would like another Victorian snake ring but am still in look mode. The good news is that many of these projects were funded by my selling off other items. But I need to take a long trip to ban island, I think.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a cool thread! Worked on my bracelet stack with the top and bottom vintage plat bracelets. The diamond dangle necklace is from PFG. It takes terrible photos, but in person the little diamonds are in constant motion and the step cuts flash so it’s very twinkly and fun to wear.

9B290EBF-0B86-4247-8335-DE72EA3794D3.jpeg 4FDDF880-2399-4752-A820-DB7875F826E7.jpeg 8568CD70-9C8B-4077-90C3-018E0F2966FA.jpeg

Those bracelets!!!!!!! Thud........

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Gulp. Here we go, in no specific order. I started out with some recycled pieces as well as a three stone ring, all from Dan M:

Before and after:

Before and after again:

IMG_6009.jpg
IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

Then I reset the diamond from my e-ring into an octagonal setting from DK and had Alex from Premier cut a tanzy to put in the original e-ring setting:

reset.jpg

Then I had this stunning tourmaline ring made, one of my favorite pieces ever. From Debebians:

IMG_5981.jpg

1641499769496.jpeg

I bought the tourm not long after buying this emerald which I had DK put in a three stone:

IMG_5982.jpg

I had two other precision cut stones - Dan set the amethyst and Veejay the dark green tourmaline; tanzy thrown in the picture:

IMG_5983.jpg

1641500167211.png

Then of course I got the honker holy grail from SinCityFinds (I still need a name for her btw):

IMG_5984.jpg

Somewhere in the mix came these lab emerald earrings as well as natural ones; also by Dan:

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

and have another chain not pictured. GOOD LORD. I'm embarrassed you see @Buttercookies you aren't the only one.

This year I have another reset on the way, as well as a snake pendant. I would like another Victorian snake ring but am still in look mode. The good news is that many of these projects were funded by my selling off other items. But I need to take a long trip to ban island, I think.

Holy moly @Mreader, I love your post! Love, love, love. Especially that Tourmaline!! It is simply D I V I N E.
Glad to see I’m not the only one going bat crazy for gemstones this year.
You and I, we keep each other in check 2022 on ban island. (…. maybe)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! These photos are amazing. I could stare at your bracelet all day. Plus 2 one carat OECs? Such bounty! Your OEC in your avatar is gorgeous. Where is the thread on it? And what are thinking of doing in its place?
Thank you. The details on that OEC are in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ings-w-3ct-centers.27384/page-21#post-4353080
Here is the OEC family, which clearly need a bath ;-) Seeing so many beautiful cluster rings here I’d like to do an OEC cluster. Probably should part with a ring before adding another. It’s a difficult decision so I keep thinking about it and putting it off.

1C884D4F-6F7B-426B-879F-2E5B1007C814.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Whaaaaat!!! That engraved bracelet is amazing! And here I am hoping for a gold-painted noodle necklace from my kid! Lol

Can you tell me more about the black and purple rings? They look so nice 3771BE78-6352-4390-8A95-AA5AB777F2DA.png

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE can you tell me more about the zircon pendant on the chain? I mentioned it in another post and I just think it’s amazing.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
A little embarrassed because this isn’t even all of it :oops2: I bought some smaller items over the year, mostly silver. These are the big ones though:

Ring finger: Distinctive Gem lab diamond solitaire.

Middle finger: Garrard diamond solitaire, Zina Micro pave diamond eternity, single cut diamond eternity, Champagne OEC diamond wedding set.

Pointer finger: David Klass old mine cut diamond ring with engraved halo.
EE0F343C-67A6-4DDD-80C9-D2443ECB5F70.jpeg

So well done I can't pick a favorite! Good heavens, you have a great eye.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Im deffinatly in the small fry dept but i feel happy with the outcome so i'll slot this in into page two :lol-2:

no pictures because my phone is at the phone hospital in ICU till the life saving new part can be ordered on the 5th:doh::(2

but i got some really lovely gifts from fellow PSers
thank you, your generosity and geuine kindness will be much treasured forever

i did not get anywhere near my to do list but im happy with how my very slow moving daisy pearl necklace(s) is/are going, ive been patient and waited for the sales and i can see these both coming to fruition early in the new year (after the bill for the phone is paid)

i also made my memorial stack for Tibby (my avitar pic ) - its just the budget version, silver and amethyst, till i can make the ring that really honours his memory, but most importantly i actually finished something and i also got everything on sale or freight free so valuable lessons learned and put into practice about patience

and i got a nice silver garnet bangle down the mall i brought on a whim on the way to my step daughter's funeral that i call my Melanie memory braclete

managed to buy an unused silver Karen Walker pin ive wanted from before it was deleted that i won in an online thankfully for less than the price it was when it was new

and i finished the year with another auction find of a JJ Jonette pewter cat brooch ......which might technically be fashion jewlery ;)2 (not sure about pewter's status around here)

Your purchases are big on meaning. I look forward to seeing photos when your phone recovers.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE can you tell me more about the zircon pendant on the chain? I mentioned it in another post and I just think it’s amazing.

Hi @Mreader ! That was a lucky purchase. I was on etsy looking at zircons (a hobby ha ha) and that came up. I looked at it for days before buying, but I'm so glad I did. The seller makes jewelry and her husband cuts gems (he's competed, but not a professional). I've since gone back and bought 2 loose stones from them and a 3rd is on the way!
She made the bezel pendant in silver and 18kyg. The stone is 10mm zircon and a golden champagne color. It has the most impressive old cut too!
20220106_203538.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Mreader ! That was a lucky purchase. I was on etsy looking at zircons (a hobby ha ha) and that came up. I looked at it for days before buying, but I'm so glad I did. The seller makes jewelry and her husband cuts gems (he's competed, but not a professional). I've since gone back and bought 2 loose stones from them and a 3rd is on the way!
She made the bezel pendant in silver and 18kyg. The stone is 10mm zircon and a golden champagne color. It has the most impressive old cut too!
20220106_203538.jpg

That is awesome! Do you mind sharing the vendor? I love it bc it really reminds me of an old euro or transitional stone! I’m a big fan of zircons as well; I have three!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

Before and after:

Before and after again:

IMG_6009.jpg
IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

reset.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

1641499769496.jpeg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

1641500167211.png

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

OMG Mreader, these are off the charts! The colors stones in their new settings, the huge Sincity diamond, I'm blown away by the quality of your collection. You really know what you're doing when you repurpose something.

What about Sinthia?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
That is awesome! Do you mind sharing the vendor? I love it bc it really reminds me of an old euro or transitional stone! I’m a big fan of zircons as well; I have three!

Odd name: DaisyCornflakeLLC
Owner is Molly. Not many stones listed but they have a bunch! She'll respond quickly if you message her!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
What about Sinthia?

I like that name on paper bc of “sin” but I heat Cynthia. :) Her previous name from prior owner was Lady but meh don’t like that too much. Will think. The big green tourmaline Viridis; it took awhile for me to come up with that one but it’s perfect.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I hear you.
I love Viridis. Perhaps something will come to me.
Outstanding collection, I can't say enough how I love what you've done.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I hear you.
I love Viridis. Perhaps something will come to me.
Outstanding collection, I can't say enough how I love what you've done.

By the way it was a typo I meant to say “I hear Cynthia”. The typo was “heat” and I did not want it to be misinterpreted it as “hate”. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my collection!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Before and after:

Before and after again:

IMG_6009.jpg
IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

reset.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

1641499769496.jpeg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

1641500167211.png

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

The debebians ring is absolutely incredible- can you tell me if their prices are more David Klass or Leon Mege? I hate to ask vendors for quotes unless I have a sense of whether or not I’m wasting their time.

I also love the bezelled emerald studs. Gorgeous. Any ear pics?

Your new OEC is exceptional. I would call it “Aurora” because that’s a princess name and also because of the pastel color-play reminding me of the northern lights. Haha oh darn now I want that name for my future honking HFG OEC ring! But if you like it, it’s yours haha

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
@Mreader

Oh and your tanzanite ring and the octagonal setting from DK also steal my heart. I may need to look up your old posts because I love your style!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
By the way it was a typo I meant to say “I hear Cynthia”. The typo was “heat” and I did not want it to be misinterpreted it as “hate”. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my collection!

There's nothing you can tell me about typos. I'm a master.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The debebians ring is absolutely incredible- can you tell me if their prices are more David Klass or Leon Mege? I hate to ask vendors for quotes unless I have a sense of whether or not I’m wasting their time.

I also love the bezelled emerald studs. Gorgeous. Any ear pics?

Your new OEC is exceptional. I would call it “Aurora” because that’s a princess name and also because of the pastel color-play reminding me of the northern lights. Haha oh darn now I want that name for my future honking HFG OEC ring! But if you like it, it’s yours haha

The Debebians is more DK pricing for sure. @swaye2010 uses them for most of her pieces. I will have to dig for ear shots - will try to find them.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June I love it so much on you. The ring is absolutely gorgeous. It’s perfect on you. I’m so happy that you go it. It’s amazing. Congratulations!!! Thank you sharing more pics.

Thank you @LLJsmom! Appreciate the nice words! <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results