shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! I'm officially shopping for an OEC.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, it looks PERFECT! Beautiful stone :love: :love: :love:

(I really hope you share what your search was :wink2: )

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

WOW. Gypsy, WHAT a stone. It's white enough for the hubby, the setting makes for a stunner of a temp, and the faceting looks SO SO SO pretty, it really does :sun: It should be a fireball!

Ack - can't wait for your pics!!

vivid2012

Rough_Rock
Yup, so amazing for sure!1

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you found a stone that makes your heart sing - the facets look gorgeous.

Will be waiting to see your pictures - get that camera charged up!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not being mysterious for drama. I just don't think having a hundred PSers doing the same search would be well... healthy. All of us bidding against each other.

One of the words was "deco"... modify it how you will. Get creative. Cause I can promise you, the sellers do!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Gypsy! It's gorgeous and I have a feeling it is going to be bigger once it is unset.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Charmy!

Okay so I got a manicure with Shellac (first time using it) ... it's A LOT brighter than I expected. I was expecting like a red like wine... and it's candy apple.

I am getting the feeling it won't be here tomorrow. I gave them the option of Monday to ship. But since I don't have an email, that I see with tracking information... I'm thinking Tuesday. *sigh*... well at least the manicure should last.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, at least let us see your nails! I'm doing the shellac for the first time next week - whaddaya think about it?

Here's hoping a last minute email will pop up with tracking info!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1317436921|3030304 said:
Well, at least let us see your nails! I'm doing the shellac for the first time next week - whaddaya think about it?

Here's hoping a last minute email will pop up with tracking info!

It looks liquid, thicker than regular nail polish. The color is bugging me a bit, honestly. I'm not one for BRIGHT RED on my fingers KWIM?

As for the tracking number... I feel like I'm being a brat... and then I feel like I'm not. It's a lot of money and the sooner it gets here for me to have it in my hands, the happier I'll be.

Argh... he just texted me some rambling text about going to Fed Ex and NOT sending it out. Say's he'll send it out by tomorrow noon for Monday delivery. Which is exactly what I didn't want to happen. But I'm weighing that against having it on Monday and I'm keeping silent.

Hope he remembers to request a signature. Last thing I want is to have it left on my door step. As it is I won't be leaving the house on Monday no matter WHAT.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is as long as my natural nails get... and the picture was taken with my cell, but here it is.

2011-09-30_19-55-08_683.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy! Its gorgeous! And your manicure is fantastic!
I've been following this thread, but don't have anything constructive to add, so wasn't posting until you chose a stone.
I'm not sure if I missed it, but would you care to share the seller?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your nails look fabulous - I'm sorry the ring won't be there tomorrow! The anticipation is delicious in and of itself - try to enjoy your weekend in spite of it all. Mondays can be so boring. . . . but this one won't be!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's just a couple selling off the ring (he bought it for her when they got married) because it's to big and "showy" for the wife and she wants something smaller and more contemporary. They don't have anything else listed at all. And the rest of the stuff they've sold in the past has been household stuff.

If you still want their information I have no issue posting it, but they aren't a jewelry vendor at all.

Thank you both for the manicure compliments. In this light it's better but in the car in the middle of the day I was like... it's hooker red!

Very shiny though. And dry right after your manicure so no smudges or impressions. We'll see how it wears but so far, I'm liking it. Should have gone for the lovely gray/silver color they had though.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
It's quite... red! :bigsmile: I'd probably wear it, but, I'm not the queen of subtle.

OMG jewelry torture. I hope it comes on Monday and not Tuesday. Are they trying to give you an aneurysm?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LGK|1317443538|3030361 said:
It's quite... red! :bigsmile: I'd probably wear it, but, I'm not the queen of subtle.

OMG jewelry torture. I hope it comes on Monday and not Tuesday. Are they trying to give you an aneurysm?

I think so, yes. I'm dealing with the husband and you KNOW he doesn't get it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don'tkillme.

But um... part of me really wants that M. It's got killer cut and, now that I think about it, I can totally ignore hubby because I WANT the candlelight color of the stone. Since it's unset I would totally put it in a setting with super high colored melee (D/E/F) to play up the contrast.

Since the ring now won't be here until Monday or Tuesday I can still have Yekutiel ship out the M and then I can compare them side by side.

I think that's what I'm going to do. Doesn't hurt right?

Just as an FYI this is one of the setting's I'm considering (long term setting, not short term). And I really love the idea of it with an M to contrast with those super white step cuts.

1__71014_thumb.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: YAY! I'm officially shopping for an OEC I lik

images_1111115.jpg I like this one too, but not for a RHR.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been following your thread on pins and needles (didn't say much because I don't know much about oecs). I think you really found a fantastic find and it seems to be just what you are looking for. This search reminded me in some ways of my old mine cut sapphire halo ring I searched and searched for on ebay for months.

I like the setting, although with that type of setting it's so hard to tell how much you are going to like it until you get it on your hand. It could be a wonderful temporary setting that might help get you some $$ back if you want to sell it towards the dream reset some day. I'm just so excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures. A big congrats on finding such a wonderful home (and fairly quickly) for the band too!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317446793|3030394 said:
Don'tkillme.

But um... part of me really wants that M. It's got killer cut and, now that I think about it, I can totally ignore hubby because I WANT the candlelight color of the stone. Since it's unset I would totally put it in a setting with super high colored melee (D/E/F) to play up the contrast.

Since the ring now won't be here until Monday or Tuesday I can still have Yekutiel ship out the M and then I can compare them side by side.

I think that's what I'm going to do. Doesn't hurt right?

Just as an FYI this is one of the setting's I'm considering (long term setting, not short term). And I really love the idea of it with an M to contrast with those super white step cuts.

i love that step cut setting!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I think you should compare both. That M's cut looks just lovely, and I think comparing two in person is a great plan. Whichever way you go- you're gonna end up with something gorgeous! :bigsmile: It's gonna be like Christmas this coming week at your house!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1317453422|3030433 said:
i love that step cut setting!!!

Gorgeous right? If I EVER get around to buying a honking sapphire I think I'm going to go for exactly that, unchanged. It's perfectly suited to me and an oval.

LGK... yeah, there's gonna be a lot of bling around here. Wish you were here!

I wonder if BEG and Neatfreak want to come over for a bling-a-thon. It would have to be during the week and at my house though. Ahh well, I'll make the invite. Bling is more fun when shared, frankly. And the hubs isn't great sharing material. The man's got his strengths and I admit if he gushed over jewelry I would be a bit...worried, but still and all-- there's nothing like sharing bling with fellow addicts for a good time.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
KC... I'd love your thoughts. You are my bling conscience now you know. Arbitrator of what *is* and *isn't* truly me when I need a reality check. When I have the ring in hand I will try to post the best pics I can and tell you guys my thoughts on both the ring's stone and the ID M stone. So... tune in then because I very much value your insight.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1317523937|3030940 said:
Is it just me, or is there a certain family resemblance ...? http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/10-1-3995

Nice buy, Gypsy.

SO in light of that... If I sell the setting I'm going to charge oh... 5,000 for it. LMAO. NOT.

I can't believe that price tag. Choke, choke, choke. Makes me feel very good about my purchase, I must say.

Actually... and in all honesty, if the setting doesn't suit what do you guys think I should ask for it? I would need funds to reset... so inquiring minds want to know what you guys think is fair.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the beautiful find Gypsy. I love that ring! You don't like the setting? I had the hardest time finding something old world blocky and authentic (but I finally did, though mine is a baby compared to yours). I can't wait for you to get it! It's going to be a good week!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I returned the ring.
I've returned two pieces of jewelry in my life. Both were the fault of the same jeweler. Dover Jewels.
When I got it I knew something was off. It wasn't a J by any stretch. And I compared it to my own J/K upside down and it was clearly warmer. It was completely clean to my eye but under the loupe I thought I saw a white inclusion that could be a feather. So I looked at the appraisal report to see what it said. And my heart sank when I saw it was from Dover. The only other time I've ever returned a piece was one bought from them. It was sold as .49 carats (seven 7 pointers) and was in reality .21 carats (seven 3 pointers). They pretty much define "unreliable" in their reports on their pieces.
So, I took it to a really excellent local jeweler. They examined it for about an hour. The size is correct. And setting is lovely. But the stone is M/N color and SI clarity (though completely eyeclean). I would have kept the setting. It was truly a work of art.
All that would have been fine with me, but the culet was off center quite badly and the optical symmetry of the stone was poor.

So... no pics, sorry. It's already on it's way home. I didn't want to take any chances cause one good push and that stone could pop right out.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well...sorry to hear that but glad you had a return policy! are you still planning to order the stone from IDJ?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ach, how disappointing. But, as Slg asks, is the IDJ stone still on the table? In some ways, that one is almost better, as you get to design the absolutely perfect setting if it works out ....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry too that it didn't work out but it sounds like it was a deal breaker on a couple of levels.

Onward and upward with the hunt!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've returned my share of stones, so I feel your pain. I hope this means that the IDJ stone was meant to be yours! Have you asked Yeukitel to send it to you? I love the first setting that you posted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results