shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! I'm officially shopping for an OEC.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LGK... are you here and if so... please let me know hon.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh you have been busy! I'm here now :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to get in so much trouble.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Got it! Will do in a sec.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I BOUGHT ONE!

So last night I did a search I hadn't done before (gonna keep the terms to myself for now) and this ring pops up. I pause like a deer in the headlights.

Um. Too good to be true? Price is good, size is good, color is good, setting looks to be in great condition. What's the catch?

No return policy. Hmm....

Okay so I ask the buyer for a return policy. I only need three days because all I care about is what I think of it. No appraisers needed except for insurance purposes.

Seller even lists their phone number and encourages texts and calls. Of course it's 11pm. So I text.

And then I'm like a hen sitting on her egg waiting for it to hatch for the next 3 hours. At 2:30 I manage to fall asleep.

Wake up to a text that they will change the return policy!

QUICK... log on to ebay, make sure it's there!

YAY!

It's MINE!

Pics are great in some respects... not so great in terms of letting me know what the patterning of the stone is... but that's what the return policy if for.

SO... here it is.

1.3 carat 6.7mm J color VS clarity in original (and immaculate) platinum setting.

IMG_8516.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8520.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more!

SO it might be here as early as TOMORROW.

And... if it doesn't work out... there's always the pawn shop. And the ID stone which I still adore.

What do you guys think?

IMG_8523.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:
oooo, oooooo!!! i mean, wow. gypsy, that addresses everything you have been looking for!! your search has been so exciting - i haven't posted because i don't have the knowledge of all y'all, but i have been following with bated breath both yours and kennedy's searches! i can't wait til it gets 'here' and see what you think, oh man, it looks like it's going to be killer! so, do you love the setting too?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When you know, you know! Congratulations on finding exactly what you were looking for. :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It looks freakin amazing! good job!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think it's awesome and I can't wait to see your pics! (and I want your search terms:)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it's amazing! looks like a beautiful cut in an amazing setting...exactly what you were looking for :) I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely cannot *wait* to see it on your hand! I think that setting is utterly TDF, it's perfect perfect. Even if that stone is a few color grades lower you stole that puppy. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! It does address what I wanted perfectly! I'm REALLY excited.

About the setting. Well it's platinum and in great condition and it only needs to be one size larger for my right hand and it should fit my left perfectly. It is BEAUTIFUL but it's not to my exact taste... however I know that huge magnified pics aren't the greatest to tell what a setting is going to look like in person and on the hand so I'm excited to give it a shot!

Worst case what will happen is that I will wear it for a while and then re-sell it when I'm ready to reset. Or perhaps, if I enjoy it, set it with a sapphire or a tsavorite. Dunno. But I think I can get a nice price for the setting if I don't care for it, to help the 'ideal setting fund" so I'm not too concerned at all about it.

vsc

Shiny_Rock
O... M... G..!
Gypsy, what a gorgeous ring. I think it will look even better in person! The magnification seems to make it look clunkier than it's likely to be.
I can't wait to see hand shots, and I'd totally take that setting off your hands if you don't like it :Up_to_something:

Ditto to wondering what your search terms were....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like those ridiculous dodo birds in Ice Age... mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.

That's all I'm thinking right now. I need to get a move on my day, but right now I'm just happy.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It gorgeous! Wow! What a find! Awesome job Gypsy!!

ETA: and this gorgeous stone was in your budget?? you really did do well!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks divine, good colors showing in the pics and nice facets from what can be seen. I actually like the setting, but it will depend how it works on your hand. You need some good room on the finger for a setting like that I suspect, so it does not get too close to the knuckle! But I would totally wear it. I think you will like it.

The *only* think I wonder about is that the stone seems set a little deep in the bezel, and in the long term, it could be worth investigating whether a slight tweak (if you like the setting) to raise the stone would change its appearance/performance?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, you done good! It looks like it'll be a keeper!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. In budget Yenny. :saint:

Dreamer... yeah I agree LGK mentioned that the way it's set in there might compromise the performance so I'm prepared. Honestly I think that's the most likely reason for a reset. I like prongs on my keystone.

THANKS KELPIE for all your help honey!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Awesome find! :love: :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way to go Gypsy! I am in envy! I sure hope it knocks your socks off and I am glad they altered the return policy to make you press the button on buying the stone. :love: :love: :love: :appl:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I had a thought. That bezel looks a bit like it overlaps the diamond some, in pics- it makes me wonder if there's actually more diamond than the seller estimates. My, that wouldn't suck at all! :naughty:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful. I am really happy for you!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! THANKS SO MUCH for the support.

I've got to laugh... I've made so many ebay vendor friends in this process. And perhaps irked a few.

The grumpy guy who listed at 2700 with best offer but wanted 3000 emailed me today asking WHY DIDN'T IT SELL??

SO I told him what he did wrong and emphasized being NICE and POLITE. So funny.

I can't wait to see my ring, though I will have to until it's shipping. It's in the same state... almost here, right?

LGK... I don't know. That would be very awesome though, I have to admit!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Wow Gypsy your new ring is beautiful! I didn't post earlier because I lack any kind of experience, but I did follow the progress of your search and I was hoping you found something that would make you light up. It sounds like you did. Congratulation. I hope it is as beautiful in person as it is in the pictures.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
:love: That, is one seriously gorgeously faceted OEC! I am insanely jealous!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Gypsy, what a sweet find! All your work paid off, I hope it's everything you wanted and more when it arrives :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU EVERYONE!

So I have an update. Seller wasn't able to ship today (which is okay) but is shipping tomorrow if they can do Fed Ex Saturday delivery. Otherwise it's shipping Monday for Tuesday delivery. I don't want it sitting in transit over the weekend.

The stone is loose in the setting. Both are undamaged though. But they didn't tighten it or remove it because they wanted the buyer to make up their own mind.

It makes it much more likely that I will have it unset, and possibly sent to EGL for grading, then reset into the setting if I chose the keep it.

My only reservation about the setting is my stubby fingers. I don't have those long gorgeous digits some of you have. I have skinny bones and lots of squish on top of them and very little room between my knuckles. So while I LOVE dome rings... some just don't work on my hand.

Still I've got a back up setting in mind, for temporary purposes. So if it works out that I need to sell the existing then that's what happens.

WOOT! Still riding the hunt high.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results