shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! I'm officially shopping for an OEC.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
ooohhhh....!!!! You've had quite a little adventure with some gorgeous stones along the way! Can't wait to see the new stone after the tlc and hope that you can get some great pics then ;))

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning Gypsy!!!! :love: Can't wait to see this set and lots more shots to ogle :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Gypsy!!! That one looks so much like AV OEC's...in other words, a very nice cut! :love: I am sorry but I can't do M color either with an almost G on my other hand. But a more subtle tint can work in an antique stone! I love the sapphire setting (but with all diamonds)...there are so many gorgeous possibilities! Can't wait to see the diamond after it's make-over! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations on finding your OEC!! :appl: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1317957260|3035083 said:
Oh, Gypsy!!! That one looks so much like AV OEC's...in other words, a very nice cut! :love: I am sorry but I can't do M color either with an almost G on my other hand. But a more subtle tint can work in an antique stone! I love the sapphire setting (but with all diamonds)...there are so many gorgeous possibilities! Can't wait to see the diamond after it's make-over! :appl:

It's funny you should say that. I am going to get a Sarin for Jon as he asked me if I had one for it. It seems to be similar to the AVRs in the pic-- except for the culet (which I love). I've seen the AVR's in person, but honestly all I remember is lots of amazing light.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh Gypsy, I'm so glad you found *your* OEC!! I've been following your journey and I'm really so happy for you.
I can't wait to see more photos of your beauty!! :rodent:

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I love these journey threads! The stone is beautiful Gypsy. On to the setting :cheeky:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do have ideas about what I want for a setting, but I kinda felt today that I really need to explore some options and see what the stone looks best with. It's going to be a while till I have it in hand, since it needs repolishing. But when I get it I think I'm going to go to Joe Escobar, settings galore out here, and spend some time finding the right style for it and then see where that takes me. I'm sure I'll have a thread then too.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you found "the one"............. It is gorgeous! I know you will find an amazing setting for it. I look forward to seeing the outcome!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and what a finale it is! i can't wait to see more pictures! it sounds like you got the gorgeous faceting of the IDJ stone and the color of the ebay stone, woot woot! i have learned so much from your journey gypsy, thanks for sharing it so well!!

yeesh, that's a lot of exclamation points. :loopy:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh how exciting Gypsy! The stone looks gorgeous - and depending on how you set it the chip might just become a total non-issue, whether you find it cute in a couple of weeks or not!

What a funny story - all that planning and looking and more planning and the One just kinda fell into your lap ::) ::) I wonder if this one will come alive in the pave settings too like the other? Definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on that!

It's been a journey - with what sounds like a very happy ending :appl: please do share the scan when you get it, I'm curious too!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your new stone looks gorgeous Gypsy! But of course we need more pics :wink2:

And I'm with you on the color of the IDJ stone, I know that much warmth would bother me, even in an old cut stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, so glad I checked in to see if there was an update. The new stone is gorgeous! I love the open culet and I think J/K is a lovely color for an older stone and it will still *go* with your current collection. I'm very interested in what the sarin looks like. I think the setting should have some deco influences, whether you decide pave or not. Some step cuts around it would be fun like the one from the other page. I hope you show some new pics soon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I went in to visit it today and was just so happy it's mine. Their polishing prices are silly and they want to facet things and what not, so I'm going to pass on that and send it to Brian whom I trust to give it the TLC it needs instead. Still don't have my refund ( :angryfire: ) from the ebay transaction so although I am just WAITING to buy it and bring it home, it isn't going to be today.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully it all comes together early next week and you can buy the stone and ship it to Brian. It looks like a beautiful stone and I'm so glad you found something that you love!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
late to the thread but I'm so happy you found a stone!!

heading over to the poll now...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Love it. Love the large culet. Congrats!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I've been following your journey looking for a fab OEC and I was out of town the past couple of days, but I'm so happy you finally found The One!! It looks AMAZING and I'm sure you must be feeling thrilled. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results