shape
carat
color
clarity

Yahoo! My antique re-cut cushion in claw prong solitaire has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 12:34:22 AM
Author: pixley
Wish I could see more cutlet (just kidding, but it always makes me laugh when I read cutlet instead of culet!)
9.gif
I like my cutlets cooked on a gridle.
2.gif

Love that stone lady, missed the new pics til now!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow that stone is magnificent!!!!!
30.gif
(Had to come back for another look!)

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
OMG, it''s
30.gif
B E A U T I F U L
30.gif
!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 3:05:17 PM
Thanks, Lauren. Nope, no band yet but I am loving your new bands. I might have to revisit your thread and see if those could work. Singlestone makes mini emerald cut bands but they sit a little high (3mm) and are $2200 each so I couldn''t get more than one (too $$$). How high do your new beauties sit above the hand, and do they crunch into your gorgeous ering at all?
I just saw this post! I''m so sorry I''ve missed this for so long!

I think the bands I have are about 1.2 mm tall or so far. They don''t dig into my e-ring at all, and it has a low profile.

I can''t wait to see what you get to go with it!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - I saw this pop up this morning, but I had to actually get dressed and go to work. Ellen - your post almost made coffee shoot out of my nose!
face20.gif

HerbiePie - Thank you for the sweet compliments re: my ring and my little munchkin.
rowenac - Thanks! I do love my claw prongs. They aren't as perfect as Leon's but in real life, no one even notices that there are claw prongs, which is good, 'cause they look gargantuan compared to the Leon prong photos on here. I think it's just for us crazy PSrs to obsess over.

mom2twogirls - Aww, I'm so happy to finally have something to share!

ginzagirl - WOOOOHOOO, there's an offer I can't refuse! If you ever make it waaay out to Victoria, I'd love to try that beauty on so I can see if I want to halo and pave this little guy someday. Your ring is incredible - and a perfect size!

30.gif
. I moved to BC from San Francisco about 8 years ago and am loving the Canadian way of life - but the weather, not so much.

Tacori E ring - You are so sweet. Muchas gracias.

Ellen - You are hilarious! Cutlets on the gRIdle comin' right up. When I hear that word, I think of those silicone bra inserts that I once heard someone refer to as "chicken cutlets" and now I can't keep a straight face when I hear "cutlet." I need to grow up, I know.
poshpepper - Aww, shucks. It is magnificent in my little world. Tanks.

LiB - Thank you! I can't get over your alligator ruby ring. I think I got hypnotized by your pictures. That vibrant red inner glow?!? AMAZING~

Lauren - 1.2 mm! That's faboo! Your bands are so yummy!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congrats!
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Pixley, I am drooling! What a gorgeous ring!!!
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 3:56:20 PM

OMG - I saw this pop up this morning, but I had to actually get dressed and go to work. Ellen - your post almost made coffee shoot out of my nose!
face20.gif

Ellen - You are hilarious! Cutlets on the gRIdle comin'' right up. When I hear that word, I think of those silicone bra inserts that I once heard someone refer to as ''chicken cutlets'' and now I can''t keep a straight face when I hear ''cutlet.'' I need to grow up, I know.
respect_01.gif

Oh now this "chicken cutlet" is a new one, but it still made me laugh!

*googling silicone bra inserts*
9.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Pixley--

I can''t believe I missed this (although I admit I have not been around as much lately)!

I obviously could not agree more with your sense of style.
4.gif

The stone has such wonderful character and appears to be very well-cut, and the setting compliments the stone and your hand beautifully.

You clearly have a lot to be happy about in your life, and this ring is quite a cherry on top!

All best,
~Jeff

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Jeff,
Thank you so much for vote of approval, not to mention the inspiration and education!

PS - I''m calling first dibs when your fiancee is ready to upgrade.
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
(I know, I know, the wedding hasn''t even happened yet!)
emsmilep.gif
Anyhoo, hope everything works out perfectly re: bar exams and the upcoming wedding.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins 1 & Angel7 -
35.gif
Thank you oodles for your sweet compliments.

Ellen - did you order some of those cutlets (for me)?
31.gif

ginzagirl

Shiny_Rock
Well, hubby is actually looking to semi retire in 5 years so we''ll end up in Vancouver. Hopefully you''ll stay put until I get there! Once I''m there, we can swap every few weeks so we can have the best of both worlds.

I''ve never been to B.C, is the weather really that bad?

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Whatta beauty! Those facets are TDF.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That stone is a beautiful sight!!! Wow! Just... wow.
30.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 4:39:53 PM
Author: ginzagirl
Well, hubby is actually looking to semi retire in 5 years so we'll end up in Vancouver. Hopefully you'll stay put until I get there! Once I'm there, we can swap every few weeks so we can have the best of both worlds.

I've never been to B.C, is the weather really that bad?
I'm not going anywhere, so YES, do let me know if you head out this way. The weather here really isn't so bad; I'm just a big whimp having grown up in Santa Cruz and San Francisco. If things got chilly, I would just jump in the car and head up to Marin or Napa where it's warmer - but up here, I'm stuck... Vancouver is a glorious city. I love it there and wish I could visit more often. BC is beautiful all around and I am truly spoiled by it - don't let me scare you away with my whining - I just haven't fully acclimatized to the wet chill of winter.
3.gif

sunnyd - Thank you!
35.gif
Cuuute kitties, BTW!

kellyfish - Thanks so much. I could stare at your SS asscher setting all day long.
30.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
"Yahoo!" all the way pixley!! That is one of the most beautiful diamonds I''ve ever seen. Such a unique cut! All these cushions lately are making me think about getting another ring...and I''m not even married yet.

Have you talked about the re-cut process in another thread? I''m totally interested in reading more about it.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi CrownJewel,
I know what you mean about seeing different cuts here and wanting more! I just received this and now I want an asscher
41.gif

I didn''t have the stone re-cut so I don''t know anything about the process or how it looked before (but that would be interesting to see).

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, a cushion after my own heart!!!

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

It is gorgeous! Wear it in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results