shape
carat
color
clarity

Yahoo! My antique re-cut cushion in claw prong solitaire has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one Pixleyicious ICY WHITE beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cushionlove

Rough_Rock
Oh Pixley it''s absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations and wear your beauty in good health
36.gif

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That ring is amazing! I just love it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh pixley, your stone is gorgeous! and I love that "naked stone all alone" shot! It''s so crisp and beautiful. Your old point and shoot didn''t do a bad job at all. Your ring is just gorgeous.

So, what were you thinking about for a wedding band? You can wear almost anything with your e-ring mounting. Shared prong half eternity? Start with "the" wedding band and then collect stackers.
11.gif
I''m so very bad........

Enjoy it! You waited long enough!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - that is so beautiful I actually gasped when I saw the first picture!!

I just *love* antique cushion cuts!!!

The setting is absolutely perfect and really sets off that amazing diamond to perfection.

I''m going to have to go back for another look...
30.gif

x x x

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!!! Congrats!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, beautiful setting!
36.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Pixley! That''s is GORGEOUS!!! You kept us in suspense but that was truly worth the wait!
30.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you PrettyBlues, lotsofsparkle, DandiAndi (yes, that’s the lovely mini-Pixley in my avatar), Lorelei, wen104, Lorelei (Pixielicious - you make me laugh!), cushionlove, cincin090, gemgirl, canukgal;. Cleo, katiedid (I love your set, btw) and Ellen.

Gemgirl – I like the way you think. Mmm-mm stackers. Yum, yum, yum. I’m really loving the Singlestone mini emerald cut bands, but they sit 3 mm high, which is a little lofty. I may have to wait to pay a Summer visit to the in-laws in L.A. so I can try some on in person. I also want a Leon Mege WB made of single cuts like Tiger007g’s band on her e/w cushion.

Kroshka – Thanks so much! Look at your new avatar
30.gif
! Your bubbly cushion is so incredibly photogenic!

Crooked and Scarlet – How many more days left for your new Leeeeon beauties??? I can’t wait to see them.
36.gif

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
pixley, it''s beautiful and it looks gorgeous on your hand. Those 16 years were well worth the wait! It looks SO white and the claws give it such an interesting look since the shank is so clean and simple. LOVE IT! MORE PICS!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
that is soooooooooo beautiful. I love cushions and yours is a great one.

enjoy
D2B

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
very pretty pix! have you stopped staring at it yet?

Bashful

Rough_Rock
Wow -- that''s one beaaaaautiful cushion
30.gif
I love the antique cut -- it''s so unique and classy!! With a dream house, dream dogs, dream baby, and now DREAM RING -- who can ask for anything more??
31.gif
Congrats!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That stone is unBELIEVEABLE!! One of my favorites on this site. Congratulations!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwy wow wow wow!!!! Beautiful - white - stunning - classy!!!!!! It is gorgeous and looks huge. Do you wear a WB with it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Pixley, both your daughter and your ring are lovely.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
pixley, congratulations on a lovely ring and an even lovelier life!

Can you please tell us a bit about the stone...You mentioned "re-cutting" and I see "windmills" on the first photo, something I''ve never seen in a cushion before. Is there any specific cutting that occurred that gives the windmills on a cushion? I''ve never seen anything like that before...Enjoy, and wear it in good health!

jessicat

Rough_Rock
Ooh, Pixley, that is so divine! Love cushions, and this one is simply stunning. Lucky you!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, it''s gorgeous!!! Looks beautiful on your hands! Congrats Pixley!!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Just coming back for some more!

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
O wow, congratulations! It really is a beautiful stone, and I know how hard it was to find. Can''t wait to see more and more pictures. Enjoy it ! It''s so ICY!

-Paul

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
How pretty! It looks so chunky and different! Congrats on owning your own piece of history!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh, your stone is AMAZING to behold! Beautiful! I''m so in love with it!
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2008 10:15:38 AM
Author: pixley
Thank you PrettyBlues, lotsofsparkle, DandiAndi (yes, that’s the lovely mini-Pixley in my avatar), Lorelei, wen104, Lorelei (Pixielicious - you make me laugh!), cushionlove, cincin090, gemgirl, canukgal;. Cleo, katiedid (I love your set, btw) and Ellen.

Gemgirl – I like the way you think. Mmm-mm stackers. Yum, yum, yum. I’m really loving the Singlestone mini emerald cut bands, but they sit 3 mm high, which is a little lofty. I may have to wait to pay a Summer visit to the in-laws in L.A. so I can try some on in person. I also want a Leon Mege WB made of single cuts like Tiger007g’s band on her e/w cushion.

Kroshka – Thanks so much! Look at your new avatar
30.gif
! Your bubbly cushion is so incredibly photogenic!

Crooked and Scarlet – How many more days left for your new Leeeeon beauties??? I can’t wait to see them.
36.gif
Hehehe!!
31.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you lilythespitfire, D2B, Bashful, motownmama (no, still working on a WB), jessicat, CDN in NYC, akmiss (for taking another peek-see), Pauly1, nebe.

MikeRato1 - Nope, can''t stop ogling it (especially since it looks like a pastel disco-ball easter egg in my office environment) and have been driving under the blingfluence as of late. Diamonds really should come with warning labels! I am totally impaired when I wear it.

tbrube - I am so honored! Yours is definitely a fave of mine as well. I always thought I''d get an EC but my sister in law beat me to it, so I changed course. With the larger table on my stone and chunky facets, it somehow satisfies that rectangular step-cut appeal that I love about EC.

Harriet - you are too sweet. This is my training ring for now, and someday I''ll upgrade to an uber delicate Leon now that I know my stone can handle this setting. For now, I’ll have to swoon over yours.

surfgirl - I don''t know about the specifics of my stone, only that Rachminov gets them sporadically from the Russian government. They were likely plundered during the Russian Revolution, have since been repatriated and Rachminov recuts them. They have access to antique cutting equipment (and new equipment as well) and all their cushions are re-cut in the old mine style. I''m really fond of the shape they use - not too round, not too square, more of a subtle rectangle.

Coati – you know I love your rings. ALL of them! I could sure use some of that bling cake right about now.

Must. Get. Back. To work…
35.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!!! And it looks so big on your hand. Congrats!!
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Almost forgot... For surfgirl: cushions with the windmill effect. Don't know how this happens, but I've attached photo of fatafelice's stone (WF), josephg's stone (also from WF)and a DiaGem stone (I think)

Burk - CUUUTE baby alert in your avatar! What a doll
1.gif
! Thx for saying it looks big on my wrinkly elephant-knee fingers
3.gif
You made my day!

josephgandfatafelicecushion.JPG

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Glad I could make your day and thanks for returning the favor...thanks so much for the compliment on my little one. I sure think she''s cute...but I''m biased!!
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Pixley - I''m loving the solitaire paired with your chunky cushion! Lovely!

Do you have a band to wear with it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results