shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you turn a loved one into a diamond?

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
This is an interesting thing. Since my big diamond project has been “in memory,” I had to ask myself if something like this would have done a better job. I mean ... there would be no question that the diamond is “in memory of” when it is created from the ashes of a loved one ... but personally, I’m just not sure if I could go this route.

https://www.eterneva.com/

I really don’t know why I dislike this option so much. I’m not a believer in spooky things, so the ghost factor is not putting me off. I have urns in my house that don’t bother me at all, although some people think it’s macabre (they are not on prominent display but not hidden .. and they’ve been emptied ...), I don’t think I’m especially sensitive to these things. No religious beliefs that would put me off.

BUT, having my loved one turned into a diamond and wearing them around ... I’m just not sure if I could get used to the idea. It just doesn’t feel like something that I would like to do.

What about you?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked into this and was told it was pretty much “a scam” ie they are not using your loved ones ashes to create a diamond! The may still be man made diamonds but I think the price is like x20 the “cost” of your standard - no relative included- MMD.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I heard you can use hair and ashes. But there is no proof that the diamond is from the ashes or hair. I would prefer a bone diamond. I keep telling my family I will turn them into diamonds.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
The site says they need about half a cup of ashes but can probably work with a bit less.

I thought this was a real thing ... it’s been around for awhile ... I guess I have to go back to the internet ... must admit I saw this site and just stopped there.

It does offer another definition for “blood diamond” (oh noz I’m sorry I had to)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
My grandmother was obsessed with jewelry, and my mom and I briefly discussed this. I would totally do it if I knew it wasn’t a scam. And if we hadn’t buried her urn already. Lol

ETA: Whoa! Those are some crazy high prices!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm aware of parents who have had some of their child's cremated remains incorporated into a ring, I think as part of a lab-grown, non-diamond stone of some kind.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm aware of parents who have had some of their child's cremated remains incorporated into a ring, I think as part of a lab-grown, non-diamond stone of some kind.

Yes, a user over on WB was going to have some ashes mixed into the gold that made her ring.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Those prices are idiotic, and make me angry. It just screams "scam" to me.

Playing on the heart strings. Like veterinarian bills, lol.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Even aside from the crazy high prices, the idea doesn't appeal to me. It reminds me of the old Victorian brooches that have a little compartment to save a piece of the deceased's hair.

I'd go for wearing a ring that a loved one always wore, on my finger or on a chain around my neck, or something along those lines, but that's it.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are other companies that create the ash diamond. I cannot remember the names

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A tattoo seems to be something people go for over here, both men and women, either discreetly placed or worn proudly on public display.

Yes, a user over on WB was going to have some ashes mixed into the gold that made her ring.
Would you have a link to that thread? (I'm not sure what WB is!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I wouldn't do this.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
A tattoo seems to be something people go for over here, both men and women, either discreetly placed or worn proudly on public display.

Would you have a link to that thread? (I'm not sure what WB is!)

It’s Wedding Bee :) The user never started a thread on it that I’m aware of, but mentioned it in a different thread in passing. This was probably close to a year ago, and I haven’t seen her on there for several months. I can’t even remember her username, but she was having a ring made by David Klass and having some of her daughters ashes mixed into the gold. She never posted CADs or a finished product that I’m aware of either, so it may have been too difficult for her to proceed.

Sorry I can’t be more help!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Nope. Hard pass. My brother told me he wanted to be made into a diamond so I could wear him and I was like nope. Not doing that. Sorry dude. Too much for me.
I used to think the idea was cute but now that I have gotten older it's a big fat nope. I will however be happy to make pendants with favourite stones to wear in memory of. Or right hand rings.
I couldn't judge someone else though for doing it. Its absolutely a personal choice.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s Wedding Bee :) The user never started a thread on it that I’m aware of, but mentioned it in a different thread in passing. This was probably close to a year ago, and I haven’t seen her on there for several months. I can’t even remember her username, but she was having a ring made by David Klass and having some of her daughters ashes mixed into the gold. She never posted CADs or a finished product that I’m aware of either, so it may have been too difficult for her to proceed.

Sorry I can’t be more help!
Thanks for the info! :)

I might look into that myself.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results