color
clarity

Women's March Jan 21, 2017

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485287545|4119137 said:
Chrono|1485287163|4119134 said:
Why are you worried about other families? Isn't your first priority your family? You made your choice and they made their choice, yet you question everyone else's choice. I cannot answer for everyone and not only that, it is none of my business. If you are this curious, perhaps you can start worldwide poll or survey to sate your curiousity?

Says the people who are analyzing pictures of Melania and the expressions on her face.

Why are all the other women concerned about this? Shouldn't they be worried only about their own families? So it is none of our business - yet we have a thread dedicated to it.

Pot, meet kettle. This is LITERALLY THE DEFINITION OF BEING A HYPOCRITE. Come on, you must see that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485285242|4119115 said:
missy|1485263220|4118981 said:
It is frustrating the way some PSers here continuously throw red herrings into the conversation trying to muddy the message. Except we are wise to you so continue if you must but it won't change the message. And we know who you are and sadly what you stand for at least regarding these issues. Keep showing us who you are and we will believe it.

Tacori E-ring said:
At what point Ruby do you realize that while you don't consider what you say to be offensive, it is.

The lack of personal insight is alarming. This is a thread dedicated to the Women's March. When I mentioned I should have taken my 9 year old, you compared that to CHILD ABUSE. How should I and other people reacted? At some point you need to take responsibility for what you say. I say that to my 9 year old ALL THE TIME. She is very bright.

And I totally agree with you Tacori and all the other strong women who are standing up for a better world than the one we live in right now.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Obama had been President for 8 years. Trump - two days.

So if this world stinks, who is to blame for it?

I don't blame Obama that's for sure.

We are *all* responsible Ruby and that question is one that can't be answered in one post. But simply put we are all responsible for the mess and if we want a better world we are responsible for being the positive change we want to see. And I sure would want someone like Obama with his decent and caring value system in the White House over someone like Trump any day. But I digress. This is a thread about marching for what is right and true and how we are going about to make the change we so desperately want and need.

Here's a link if you're interested in seeing how one can really work towards a better tomorrow for all the young people in this world and all the future generations to come.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-moment-youth/201607/whats-wrong-in-america

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are you worried about other families? Isn't your first priority your family? You made your choice and they made their choice, yet you question everyone else's choice. I cannot answer for everyone and not only that, it is none of my business. If you are this curious, perhaps you can start worldwide poll or survey to sate your curiousity?

Says the people who are analyzing pictures of Melania and the expressions on her face.

Why are all the other women concerned about this? Shouldn't they be worried only about their own families? So it is none of our business - yet we have a thread dedicated to it.

So why don't you ask the person who started that thread this question in that thread? I made no comments as to her expressions since it is none of my business and I have no wish to try to analyze that.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1485287640|4119138 said:

Pot, meet kettle. This is LITERALLY THE DEFINITION OF BEING A HYPOCRITE. Come on, you must see that.

Read that thread, dear. I did not criticize anyone. My response was, I did not know judging by a picture. And that I felt sorry for the women who went through it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1485287741|4119140 said:

So why don't you ask the person who started that thread this question in that thread? I made no comments as to her expressions since it is none of my business and I have no wish to try to analyze that.

Still do not get it. I respected the interpretation of that thread and the dissenting opinions. I did not dog each poster who made one.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485286846|4119131 said:
Chrono|1485286450|4119127 said:
ruby59|1485285860|4119122 said:
Are you talking about adults or their children? None of us are privy to questions they may be having now and the confusion it might have caused.

Isn't that up to the parents? My children know the proper name of private body parts before starting school and also know where babies come from. Things can be explained clearly and correctly without going into science level detail so that a child understands. If you feel your child isn't able to comprehend it, that's all right too, since not everyone is the same.

This is why it sounds judgemental, even though, in your mind, it is your opinion. Those parents have considered the ramifications, are prepared to handle it, and accept it.

You are making judgmental statements yourself. You have no way of knowing if every child there were prepared to handle the situation or went because the parent wanted to and had no one to leave the child with.

And I am free to disagree that if you mean by age 4 your children knew all of this.

Curious, but do you let young children surf the Internet without parent vigilance or every channel on the TV? I did not.

The quoted part I feel is indulgent on the part of the parent. So if you made a bad call and your kid is freaked out, you are just going to accept it?

Ruby, thousands of children of various ages attended that march. As far as I know, none of the are dead, wounded, or traumatized.

The fact is, and no one should have to tell you this, people make decisions about how to raise their children, all day long. I'd venture to say that most of those decisions are not ones you made, or would not make if you were still raising kids. The vast vast majority of those decisions are really just matters of style, rather than child-abuse level things. I was shocked when my good friend allowed her 8 year old to watch the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan". Heck, I was traumatized by the first 20 minutes of that movie. I disapproved, although I said nothing because I knew, none of my business. I don't have kids, so even more I have no right to say anything unless she's actively abusing one of hers in front of me. She was, in the grand scheme, a fabulous mother, who raised 4 kids, who all turned out just fine - decent humans with standard adult lives, spouses, jobs, and without any "issues" that I've ever seen.

Why are you worrying so much, the issue of the choices of others? Taking your child to a march is not exactly a hanging offense. Yet.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485287760|4119141 said:

Read that thread, dear. I did not criticize anyone. My response was, I did not know judging by a picture. And that I felt sorry for the women who went through it.

I've read that thread. I'm talking about you, not that thread. In THIS thread you are judging, criticizing, and worrying about OTHER PEOPLE'S FAMILIES AND CHILDREN, rather than "worrying about your own", which is what you suggest they do. So you are doing the thing that you say they shouldn't be doing in another thread. Hence the hypocrite label.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1485287903|4119143 said:
ruby59|1485286846|4119131 said:
Chrono|1485286450|4119127 said:
ruby59|1485285860|4119122 said:
Are you talking about adults or their children? None of us are privy to questions they may be having now and the confusion it might have caused.

Isn't that up to the parents? My children know the proper name of private body parts before starting school and also know where babies come from. Things can be explained clearly and correctly without going into science level detail so that a child understands. If you feel your child isn't able to comprehend it, that's all right too, since not everyone is the same.

This is why it sounds judgemental, even though, in your mind, it is your opinion. Those parents have considered the ramifications, are prepared to handle it, and accept it.

You are making judgmental statements yourself. You have no way of knowing if every child there were prepared to handle the situation or went because the parent wanted to and had no one to leave the child with.

And I am free to disagree that if you mean by age 4 your children knew all of this.

Curious, but do you let young children surf the Internet without parent vigilance or every channel on the TV? I did not.

The quoted part I feel is indulgent on the part of the parent. So if you made a bad call and your kid is freaked out, you are just going to accept it?

Ruby, thousands of children of various ages attended that march. As far as I know, none of the are dead, wounded, or traumatized.

The fact is, and no one should have to tell you this, people make decisions about how to raise their children, all day long. I'd venture to say that most of those decisions are not ones you made, or would not make if you were still raising kids. The vast vast majority of those decisions are really just matters of style, rather than child-abuse level things. I was shocked when my good friend allowed her 8 year old to watch the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan". Heck, I was traumatized by the first 20 minutes of that movie. I disapproved, although I said nothing because I knew, none of my business. I don't have kids, so even more I have no right to say anything unless she's actively abusing one of hers in front of me. She was, in the grand scheme, a fabulous mother, who raised 4 kids, who all turned out just fine - decent humans with standard adult lives, spouses, jobs, and without any "issues" that I've ever seen.

Why are you worrying so much, the issue of the choices of others? Taking your child to a march is not exactly a hanging offense. Yet.

And you know this for sure?

This is not face to face with a friend. This is a discussion board.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485285066|4119114 said:
Elliot86|1485216919|4118779 said:
It's just AMAZING to me that one person can continually twist things around to derail and make it all about them. So weird!

For the record, my 5 year old niece asked my brother and I what a pussy was. We had CNN on some months ago. And now that man is her president! So I made it a special point to have that talk with her about how her body is a wonderful thing to be respected, and we were very proud of her mom who chose to march.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I found out today the march was three times bigger than Trump's inauguration crowd. Oh MAN I bet that pisses him off!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Why is this one never called out for outlandish posts and crude remarks. This one dogs me every time I make a post and tries to get as personal as possible, yet she called me a troll and said I should be ignored.

I'm sorry, who is dogging who? I was having a perfectly fine day, sipping on a frosty iced coffee, hop on PS to read the daily chatter and here you are again talking about yesterday's stuff. Can't you find an AOL article that can explain to you how forums work?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1485287909|4119144 said:
ruby59|1485287760|4119141 said:

I've read that thread. I'm talking about you, not that thread. In THIS thread you are judging, criticizing, and worrying about OTHER PEOPLE'S FAMILIES AND CHILDREN, rather than "worrying about your own", which is what you suggest they do. So you are doing the thing that you say they shouldn't be doing in another thread. Hence the hypocrite label.

One more time. I am pointing out the hypocrisy after the fact of the people in that thread who are now criticizing me.
I was respectful to dissenting opinions, unlike those are to mine. I am pointing that out. Not criticizing you because of your opinions about Melania.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1485288403|4119150 said:
ruby59|1485285066|4119114 said:
Elliot86|1485216919|4118779 said:
It's just AMAZING to me that one person can continually twist things around to derail and make it all about them. So weird!

For the record, my 5 year old niece asked my brother and I what a pussy was. We had CNN on some months ago. And now that man is her president! So I made it a special point to have that talk with her about how her body is a wonderful thing to be respected, and we were very proud of her mom who chose to march.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I found out today the march was three times bigger than Trump's inauguration crowd. Oh MAN I bet that pisses him off!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Why is this one never called out for outlandish posts and crude remarks. This one dogs me every time I make a post and tries to get as personal as possible, yet she called me a troll and said I should be ignored.

I'm sorry, who is dogging who? I was having a perfectly fine day, sipping on a frosty iced coffee, hop on PS to read the daily chatter and here you are again talking about yesterday's stuff. Can't you find an AOL article that can explain to you how forums work?

Yes, please do find one where all opinions are welcome. Mine too.

Iced coffee, you must be a New Englander. Tried to get that outside the area once, and they thought iced coffee meant putting ice in hot coffee.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485287903|4119142 said:

Still do not get it. I respected the interpretation of that thread and the dissenting opinions. I did not dog each poster who made one.

Because I don't know why but those who posted have their reasons, which I am not privy to and have no interest in knowing their reasons.
You ask for their reasons, so why not ask them? Whatever their reasons might be, I respect that and so do not question them.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1485274732|4119054 said:
In recent years I sometimes feel like banging my head against a wall when I try to explain my perspective to younger women.

Deb :wavey:

I don't intend this directed specifically at you, Deb, but your post sparked this thought: that it may not be a matter of other women not respecting, appreciating or understanding your perspective; maybe they simply don't believe/want the same things you or others who consider themselves 'feminists' do. Just as some people have different (or no) religious beliefs that - I presume - you wouldn't want thrust on you, some of the things that are outlined in Erica's posting may not necessarily be things other women want thrust on them, or align with their beliefs. And in as culturally diverse a society as the U.S. has become, dare I say it could even come down to a possible 'battle' of women's vs religious rights. And that's a battle I'm not sure I wish to witness in my lifetime.

This may warrant a separate thread discussion. If you or someone else feels it does and wants to delve into it, feel free to quote the entire post and start one, and I will be happy to participate. If not, march on, ladies! :wavey:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Anyone else get the sense that certain folks may be trying to antagonize y'all in hopes of getting Ella to shut this thread down?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1485290103|4119165 said:
ruby59|1485287903|4119142 said:

Because I don't know why but those who posted have their reasons, which I am not privy to and have no interest in knowing their reasons.
You ask for their reasons, so why not ask them? Whatever their reasons might be, I respect that and so do not question them.

I am inquisitive? This is a discussion board?

And who do you want me to specifically ask? The people at the March who do not post here? Obviously can't do that.

The people who went to the March that do post here. That is what I was trying to do, but for some reason my posts get comments from the usual 5 who would disagree with me if I said the sky was blue.

And you never question the reason of anyone? Or do only certain people get a pass?

This started off as my asking how in such a crowd did people have room to maneuver around with kids and dogs? What would happen in case of a riot? Were their places to go to feed, change diapers, take your dog to the bathroom. Was it too much for kids walking for that long? One of my so called adversaries even agreed with me.

Then as usual all hell broke loose. I was put on the defense.

And yes then on the news I saw them discussing the appropriateness of bring children as some signs were so graphic they could not show them on the air. Then someone else brought up the vagina costumes. And it morphed from there, like discussions do in the real world.

Not everyone is going to say wow, awesome, great, fantastic to every situation. If you want that, just talk to like minded friends.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1485291193|4119173 said:
Anyone else get the sense that certain folks may be trying to antagonize y'all in hopes of getting Ella to shut this thread down?

Yes that is a strong possibility and that is why I am remaining very calm in all my replies.
(And getting upset at random strangers on the internet is simply not worth it anyway).

Good for all the women in this thread who respond to comments that can be frustrating with grace and strength and intelligence.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems as though the marcher's voices fell on deaf ears.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/congress-abortion-more-expensive_us_58878218e4b070d8cad57fb4??

an excerpt:
Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), the author of the legislation, told colleagues at a committee hearing on Monday night that fetuses “need friends” in Congress.

“They need people who are willing to say, at the very least, ‘We will not provide taxpayer funding to facilitate your demise by either chemical poisoning or by literal dismemberment of an unborn child,’” Smith said.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, maam. I need this reminder. :wavey:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1485291705|4119179 said:
It seems as though the marcher's voices fell on deaf ears.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/congress-abortion-more-expensive_us_58878218e4b070d8cad57fb4???

an excerpt:
Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), the author of the legislation, told colleagues at a committee hearing on Monday night that fetuses “need friends” in Congress.

“They need people who are willing to say, at the very least, ‘We will not provide taxpayer funding to facilitate your demise by either chemical poisoning or by literal dismemberment of an unborn child,’” Smith said.

Do they not understand that abortions are NOT government funded? Ever?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The excerpt that may clear that up for you Elliott. I find the 2nd paragraph particularly chilling.
The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act would make permanent the Hyde Amendment, which denies abortion coverage in health insurance plans for women on Medicaid, military servicewomen, federal employees, residents of the District of Columbia, women in federal prisons, and women covered by the Indian Health Service.

The bill also provides incentives for private health insurers to drop abortion coverage, bans abortion coverage in multi-state health insurance plans except in cases of rape, incest, or life endangerment, and denies women and small businesses tax credits if they choose health plans that cover abortion.

The House is expected to pass the bill on Tuesday.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm reading it right now. UGH :knockout:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1485292363|4119189 said:
I'm reading it right now. UGH :knockout:

Ugh, VOMIT!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1485292212|4119186 said:
The bill also provides incentives for private health insurers to drop abortion coverage, bans abortion coverage in multi-state health insurance plans except in cases of rape, incest, or life endangerment, and denies women and small businesses tax credits if they choose health plans that cover abortion.

What the...! :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono said:
Matata|1485292212|4119186 said:

What the...! :angryfire:

Ugh, Vomit and :angryfire: is right.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this administration has anything to say about it women are destined to become second class citizens. Welcome to 1950!!! :angryfire:

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: : :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: angryfire:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1485293334|4119212 said:
If this administration has anything to say about it women are destined to become second class citizens. Welcome to 1950!!! :angryfire:

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: : :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: angryfire:

Rich old white men taking women's power away so them pussies are easier to grab.

... just Making Murica Great Again. :appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1485293937|4119216 said:
Rich old white men taking women's power away ...

:confused: Aren't you a "rich old white man"?

:tongue:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
missy|1485291594|4119178 said:

Yes that is a strong possibility and that is why I am remaining very calm in all my replies.
(And getting upset at random strangers on the internet is simply not worth it anyway).

Good for all the women in this thread who respond to comments that can be frustrating with grace and strength and intelligence.

Yet not one comment about the disrespectful posts to me that I pointed out upthread.

I am being spoken to like this but you are all to forgive and forget that vile post to Red, who has still not come back yet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe Red cannot post at the moment because she is on a temporary ban by Ella.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe Red might be on a posting "time out" (I don't know this for certain) for her own severe reaction and received plenty of support from everyone at the time, myself included. You're again attempting to derail and cry victim over things that didn't happen to you. Accept that people are tired of it or don't, but people have been pretty clear. Scary things are happening in this country, much scarier than blabber on the net.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results