carat
color
clarity

Women's March Jan 21, 2017

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1485296142|4119240 said:
I believe Red might be on a posting "time out" (I don't know this for certain) for her own severe reaction and received plenty of support from everyone at the time, myself included. You're again attempting to derail and cry victim over things that didn't happen to you. Accept that people are tired of it or don't, but people have been pretty clear. Scary things are happening in this country, much scarier than blabber on the net.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1485296125|4119239 said:
I believe Red cannot post at the moment because she is on a temporary ban by Ella.

Is that fair?

Punish the victim?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485296640|4119246 said:
Chrono|1485296125|4119239 said:
I believe Red cannot post at the moment because she is on a temporary ban by Ella.

Is that fair?
Punish the victim?

Although I sympathize with Red and support her, she also lashed back quite harshly in the moment of heated passion. I do not fault her for her automatic response. The decision for a time out is solely Ella's since she sets the rules. If you disagree with this ruling, you are free to ask Ella for her reasons.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I believe Red might be on a posting "time out" (I don't know this for certain) for her own severe reaction and received plenty of support from everyone at the time, myself included. You're again attempting to derail and cry victim over things that didn't happen to you. Accept that people are tired of it or don't, but people have been pretty clear. Scary things are happening in this country, much scarier than blabber on the net.

Severe reaction. I just read that vile post again.

Surely you jest.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm absolutely serious, and don't call me Shirley!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1485297053|4119253 said:

OMG Elliot, I love you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1485297153|4119254 said:
Elliot86|1485297053|4119253 said:

OMG Elliot, I love you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The feeling is extremely mutual missy (but you already knew that)!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485294186|4119219 said:
kenny|1485293937|4119216 said:
Rich old white men taking women's power away ...

:confused: Aren't you a "rich old white man"?

:tongue:

I can't comment on whether Kenny is "rich" because I don't know.

I won't comment on whether he is "old" because... well... age just isn't discussed in polite society (wink wink).

I do believe him to be a white man (having met him in person).

What I DON"T believe him to be is a creature of any kind (rich, old, white, male or otherwise) advocating taking anyone's power away.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485297533|4119257 said:
JoCoJenn|1485294186|4119219 said:
kenny|1485293937|4119216 said:
Rich old white men taking women's power away ...
:confused: Aren't you a "rich old white man"?
:tongue:
I can't comment on whether Kenny is "rich" because I don't know.
I won't comment on whether he is "old" because... well... age just isn't discussed in polite society (wink wink).
I do believe him to be a white man (having met him in person).
What I DON"T believe him to be is a creature of any kind (rich, old, white, male or otherwise) advocating taking anyone's power away.
That's the Kenny I've met and know. :appl:

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Shhhh, no one tell Ruby that my 11 year old's favorite show is Walking Dead. She's a bloodthirsty little warmonger, that one (my kid, not Ruby. Well maybe Ruby, I have no idea). She'd kick major ass in a zombie apocalypse AND JUST MIGHT wear a vagina on her head while doing so. That's how we roll.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1485297626|4119260 said:
Shhhh, no one tell Ruby that my 11 year old's favorite show is Walking Dead. She's a bloodthirsty little warmonger, that one (my kid, not Ruby. Well maybe Ruby, I have no idea). She'd kick major a$$ in a zombie apocalypse AND JUST MIGHT wear a vagina on her head while doing so. That's how we roll.

Do you follow Jesse Meriwether? She's the "cootie queen" from those Orbit gum commercials ("Who are you calling a cootie queen, you lint licker!")

She has a young daughter who designs all sorts of delightfully gory and realistic Hollywood props and masks.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Shhhh, no one tell Ruby that my 11 year old's favorite show is Walking Dead. She's a bloodthirsty little warmonger, that one (my kid, not Ruby. Well maybe Ruby, I have no idea). She'd kick major a$$ in a zombie apocalypse AND JUST MIGHT wear a vagina on her head while doing so. That's how we roll.

You continue to bait me. And if I dare respond, people here accuse me of causing trouble or making it all about me.

So to you I will say, your jewelry designs are gorgeous.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nevermind; will take the Q to Mod. :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1485298060|4119264 said:

Do you follow Jesse Meriwether? She's the "cootie queen" from those Orbit gum commercials ("Who are you calling a cootie queen, you lint licker!")

She has a young daughter who designs all sorts of delightfully gory and realistic Hollywood props and masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfh92hKLO6c

LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!!!!

Wife: Pickle you - kumquat!!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485298542|4119266 said:
I believe Red might be on a posting "time out" (I don't know this for certain) for her own severe reaction ...

Correction - it was for posting foul language, which puzzles me a bit considering how many others I see using it. :think:

Is some "foul language" considered okay while other "foul language" is not? :confused:

The alternative for "butt" automatically changes if posted, so it would seem that other "foul" words would also not be acceptable, but who knows. :doh:
Forum Policies
Moderator Action:
Use the button for any questions related to thread/post removal, policies clarification, etc.
Please do not post assumptions about moderator actions, this creates confusion, use "Report Post" button so that the moderator may clarify it appropriately. We are more than happy to do so.
Some actions are subject to judgment calls for the integrity of the forum and should be respected as that.
Cross posts of the same or similar threads in multiple forums will be removed.
Out of respect for members/moderators and to avoid confusion any public discussions of moderator actions or policies will be removed.
We reserve the rights to change policies at any time, therefore, please do not discuss policies publicly as they may change.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1485299251|4119269 said:
Forum Policies
Moderator Action:
Use the button for any questions related to thread/post removal, policies clarification, etc.
Please do not post assumptions about moderator actions, this creates confusion, use "Report Post" button so that the moderator may clarify it appropriately. We are more than happy to do so.
Some actions are subject to judgment calls for the integrity of the forum and should be respected as that.
Out of respect for members/moderators and to avoid confusion any public discussions of moderator actions or policies will be removed.
We reserve the rights to change policies at any time, therefore, please do not discuss policies publicly as they may change.

Thank you; I don't recall seeing that before, only this:

Community Agreement

I agree to help and respect each other, stay positive, considerate, and supportive.
I agree to not participate in rudeness, personal attacks, or any unethical behavior
I agree to not sell things, shill or post ads, promotions or spam.
I agree to respect moderators: they're in charge to remove any post or cancel any membership as they see fit.
I agree to not post any private information including emails, personal pages, and usernames or IMs from other sites.
I agree not to post about cubic zirconia (CZ), moissanite, and any other diamond simulants.

Where is what you posted found?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485300437|4119275 said:
Matata|1485299251|4119269 said:
Forum Policies
Moderator Action:

Thank you; I don't recall seeing that before, only this:

Community Agreement

I agree to help and respect each other, stay positive, considerate, and supportive.
I agree to not participate in rudeness, personal attacks, or any unethical behavior
I agree to not sell things, shill or post ads, promotions or spam.
I agree to respect moderators: they're in charge to remove any post or cancel any membership as they see fit.
I agree to not post any private information including emails, personal pages, and usernames or IMs from other sites.
I agree not to post about cubic zirconia (CZ), moissanite, and any other diamond simulants.

Where is what you posted found?
https://www.pricescope.com/content/forum-policies

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485291096|4119171 said:
AGBF|1485274732|4119054 said:
In recent years I sometimes feel like banging my head against a wall when I try to explain my perspective to younger women.

Deb :wavey:

I don't intend this directed specifically at you, Deb, but your post sparked this thought: that it may not be a matter of other women not respecting, appreciating or understanding your perspective; maybe they simply don't believe/want the same things you or others who consider themselves 'feminists' do. Just as some people have different (or no) religious beliefs that - I presume - you wouldn't want thrust on you, some of the things that are outlined in Erica's posting may not necessarily be things other women want thrust on them, or align with their beliefs. And in as culturally diverse a society as the U.S. has become, dare I say it could even come down to a possible 'battle' of women's vs religious rights. And that's a battle I'm not sure I wish to witness in my lifetime.

This may warrant a separate thread discussion. If you or someone else feels it does and wants to delve into it, feel free to quote the entire post and start one, and I will be happy to participate. If not, march on, ladies! :wavey:

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but wanted to respond to this quickly - In short, no, I don't buy that, and I'm really trying to think of a scenario in which basic rights (what we're talking about is almost common decency more than rights) are something that can be thrust on people. You don't have to use them--determining your path is part of feminism. I think the vast majority of women want the same things: equality, respect, rights, autonomy, safety, reproductive control (by which I don't only mean abortion- many pro-life women want access to safe and affordable contraception) and parity in the workplace. I'm willing to accept that there might be a very small minority who don't want or care about those things.

What I think is that many women don't realise how hard-won every single on of the above was, and how easily lost they can be. I think a lot of them have absorbed to some degree the Rush Limbaugh-esque rhetoric that feminists are 'feminazis' out to destroy the rights of men everywhere, and they do not associate expecting equality with feminism, which they see as strident and unreasonable. They accept these freedoms as absolutes in their lives and see no reason to identify themselves as feminists.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaaron|1485301048|4119281 said:
JoCoJenn|1485291096|4119171 said:
AGBF|1485274732|4119054 said:
In recent years I sometimes feel like banging my head against a wall when I try to explain my perspective to younger women.

I don't intend this directed specifically at you, Deb, but your post sparked this thought: that it may not be a matter of other women not respecting, appreciating or understanding your perspective; maybe they simply don't believe/want the same things you or others who consider themselves 'feminists' do. Just as some people have different (or no) religious beliefs that - I presume - you wouldn't want thrust on you, some of the things that are outlined in Erica's posting may not necessarily be things other women want thrust on them, or align with their beliefs. And in as culturally diverse a society as the U.S. has become, dare I say it could even come down to a possible 'battle' of women's vs religious rights. And that's a battle I'm not sure I wish to witness in my lifetime.

This may warrant a separate thread discussion. If you or someone else feels it does and wants to delve into it, feel free to quote the entire post and start one, and I will be happy to participate. If not, march on, ladies! :wavey:

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but wanted to respond to this quickly - In short, no, I don't buy that, and I'm really trying to think of a scenario in which basic rights (what we're talking about is almost common decency more than rights) are something that can be thrust on people. You don't have to use them--determining your path is part of feminism. I think the vast majority of women want the same things: equality, respect, rights, autonomy, safety, reproductive control (by which I don't only mean abortion- many pro-life women want access to safe and affordable contraception) and parity in the workplace. I'm willing to accept that there might be a very small minority who don't want or care about those things.

What I think is that many women don't realise how hard-won every single on of the above was, and how easily lost they can be. I think a lot of them have absorbed to some degree the Rush Limbaugh-esque rhetoric that feminists are 'feminazis' out to destroy the rights of men everywhere, and they do not associate expecting equality with feminism, which they see as strident and unreasonable. They accept these freedoms as absolutes in their lives and see no reason to identify themselves as feminists.

Hi, Jenn and jaaron-

I am going to leave on a four day trip to Virginia (I now live in Connecticut) early tomorrow morning. I am supposed to be packing now. ;))

I would love to start another thread with the two of you if I have the chance and you are both interested once I have computer time again. I do not want to overburden or derail this thread and there is also no more room in it for going off in new directions. (At least there is no room for going off in new directions without the thread making my head spin!)

I didn't want either of you to feel that I didn't appreciate your having responded to me with your comments, though. And, jaaron, I really feel in sync with you! ;))

Hugs to both of you,

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good, Deb! In fact, I was just about to reply to jaaron (thanking him/her for the thoughtful response), and, as this is somewhat being touched on in another thread, I thought I would just go ahead and start that discussion now vs waiting for someone else because the more I think about it the more it conflicts me; not because I think one side or the other is right, but because I can see BOTH sides being right. And I would like to talk through it.

How about I start it so you can pack, and we'll look forward to your perspective when you are free to chime in?

I hope you enjoy a safe, fun & relaxing trip! :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485304079|4119298 said:
Sounds good, Deb! In fact, I was just about to reply to jaaron (thanking him/her for the thoughtful response), and, as this is somewhat being touched on in another thread, I thought I would just go ahead and start that discussion now vs waiting for someone else because the more I think about it the more it conflicts me; not because I think one side or the other is right, but because I can see BOTH sides being right. And I would like to talk through it.

How about I start it so you can pack, and we'll look forward to your perspective when you are free to chime in?

I hope you enjoy a safe, fun & relaxing trip! :wavey:

That sounds wonderful. I didn't mean to imply that you should wait for me. I only wanted to let the two of you (you and jaaron) know that I wasn't choosing not to start a thread myself out of disrespect. :wavey:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ericad|1485244664|4118952 said:
momhappy|1485221291|4118829 said:
jaaron|1485212768|4118742 said:
I also didn't see any vag costumes. But for anyone who is worried their child might have missed out, maybe they could just google up some pictures of the new FLOTUS's?

ETA: not that I care about her pictures, but I do think pearl clutching over some extremely non-sexual vagina costumes is a bit rich, considering.

I wasn't "pearl clutching" over the vagina costumes. My posts were about how it's hard to take someone in a vagina costume seriously, which meant that the march lost some credibility/some respect in my opinion. If we know the media picks up on those sorts of things and sensationalizes them, why would you want that to potentially be the focus of the march?' I've seen those images on social media with people poking fun and I think that's kind of sad (even though I wasn't interested in marching). If people were cool with the vag costumes, great. I'm not judging - I just didn't think they were necessary.

Lololol the only ones making the 5 vagina costumes the "focus of the march" are conservatives. Telling, no?

erica - that was exactly my point..... I wasn't saying that the costumes were the focus of the march, so I think you misunderstood my post.
I was saying that if you DON'T want it to become the focus of the march, then don't give the media (and/or social media) something goofy like that to grab on to. I know what the focus of the march was and from what I understand, the vag costumes were just something fun worn by a handful of women. I wasn't making a big deal out of them - I just think the march would have been better off without them.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ruby,
I have been thinking about you lately. It seems like you are someone who has been hurt and survived probably unfair circumstances. I hope you have people IRL to support and help you. It seems you find PS unsupportive which is probably hurtful and confusing. It is difficult for you to focus on what is being said in a thread and reply in a way we can understand. I sincerely hope you heal from whatever happened. I have decided to read your posts with a different lens. One of compassion instead of irritation. I am reminded of the saying, "if the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." I really hope you are okay.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also recognize deep psychic pain.

Ruby, I recommend psychotherapy, better yet if you can afford it an excellent psychoanalyst.

It help me tremendously.

You think I'm a butthead now?
You should have seen me (actually it's good you didn't) before I got help!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1485308336|4119339 said:
I also recognize deep psychic pain.

Ruby, I recommend psychotherapy, better yet if you can afford it an excellent psychoanalyst.

It help me tremendously.

You think I'm a butthead now?
You should have seen me (actually it's good you didn't) before I got help!

Actually, Kenny, I now have respect for you.

You do not sugar coat it.

And neither will I any longer.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1485307807|4119330 said:
Ruby,
I have been thinking about you lately. It seems like you are someone who has been hurt and survived probably unfair circumstances. I hope you have people IRL to support and help you. It seems you find PS unsupportive which is probably hurtful and confusing. It is difficult for you to focus on what is being said in a thread and reply in a way we can understand. I sincerely hope you heal from whatever happened. I have decided to read your posts with a different lens. One of compassion instead of irritation. I am reminded of the saying, "if the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." I really hope you are okay.

Please save your pity for those on here who need it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1485309297|4119347 said:
Ruby,

Empathy should never be confused with pity. I thought carefully before I posted knowing you may not understand my intentions. I stand by what I said. You are clearly hurting. I sincerely hope you can heal.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1485309502|4119351 said:
Ruby,

Empathy should never be confused with pity. I thought carefully before I posted knowing you may not understand my intentions. I stand by what I said. You are clearly hurting. I sincerely hope you can heal.

You do not know me. I do not know you.

I certainly would never write such a self serving post to someone I did not know.

I do not want your empathy or pity.

As I said save it for someone who really wants and needs it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1485309805|4119356 said:
Tacori E-ring|1485309502|4119351 said:
Ruby,

You do not know me. I do not know you.

I certainly would never write such a self serving post to someone I did not know.

I do not want your empathy or pity.

As I said save it for someone who really wants and needs it.

I understand you more than you think. I am guessing female relationships are very difficult for you. It would explain the difference between your response to Kenny and your response to me. I am choosing to look at you from a different lens. I do think you need that.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, you are and have always been a class act here on PS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results