shape
carat
color
clarity

Women's March Jan 21, 2017

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1485356377|4119561 said:
ruby, I am so glad you have gotten some support. That was the true intentions of my posts. I hope people reaching out have helped you. Under anger is always pain.

You keep talking about my anger. Usually, people fixated on someone else are the ones who need help the most.

Is there anything I can help you with?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ruby, I am so glad you have gotten some support. That was the true intentions of my posts. I hope people reaching out have helped you. Under anger is always pain.

I don't see where people are "reaching out" to ruby :confused: I simply posted that even though we (ruby and I) may not always agree, I don't take issue with (most of) her posts. I wouldn't be comfortable psychoanalyzing anyone on an online forum, so it's not a conversation that I care to get wrapped up in. Ruby appears to hold her own and I don't think she needs my help ;-)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1485358303|4119571 said:

I don't see where people are "reaching out" to ruby :confused: I simply posted that even though we (ruby and I) may not always agree, I don't take issue with (most of) her posts. I wouldn't be comfortable psychoanalyzing anyone on an online forum, so it's not something that I care to engage in. Ruby appears to hold her own and I don't think she needs my help.

Again, thank you, Mom.

I have asked this woman 3 times to stop. I asked a mod to intervene.

Now I see why Red took the action she did.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby - I hope you did not take my comments last night in a manner I did not intend; they were meant sincerely from the perspective of not wanting to see you (or anyone else) further upset. And I agree wholeheartedly that attempts at unsolicited online psychoanalysis - regardless if the person is a mental health professional - are inappropriate and certainly perceivable as personal attacks.
And you're correct that it would appear to be unethical behavior if the person is in the profession. Furthermore, it reads to me as mocking those who do cope with mental illness which is never appropriate. :nono:

I also want to clarify my meaning by this statement from last night:
I would hate to have that happen to something I otherwise found uplifting.

By 'something I otherwise found uplifting', I was not referring to this thread; rather, I meant - I wouldn't want to have this happen to something I personally cared about and found uplifting. In hindsight, I can see how that comment may have been interpreted as a 'dig' at you, which I did not intend.

Lastly, if you'd like to chat outside PS with less 'content restriction', I have a few (older) threads in 'Preloved' with links to things I posted on LT & DB; feel free to reach out to me via either of those. (hugs) ;-)

Tacori: I won't speak for others, but I am not reaching out to Ruby because I think she has 'issues' or 'needs support' as you suggest with your posts. And in the spirit of THIS particular thread topic, I think one of the poorest examples of 'supporting women' is attempts by other women to tear them down. Like Madonna, it's a bad example that doesn't help nor lend credibility to the cause. And it makes the very point Redwood noted that launched the inappropriate response from AZStonie.

My $0.02
Keep the change :wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Jenn.

One day, I just might take you up on your kind offer. You seem like a genuine, caring person.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny literally suggested she see a psychiatrist, or am I taking more crazy pills than usual today. :rolleyes:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1485359888|4119585 said:
Kenny literally suggested she see a psychiatrist, or am I taking more crazy pills than usual today. :rolleyes:

And you dropped the 'P'-word more times than Madonna and Redwood dropped the 'F'-word - combined.

What is this - 3rd grade? :rolleyes:

I feel bad for those who participated in this March, this thread, and demonstrate a legitimate & sincere concern for other women when others' 'undercover' behavior on the internet casts a negative shadow on those efforts.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485361370|4119601 said:

And you dropped the 'P'-word more times than Madonna and Redwood dropped the 'F'-word - combined.

Again, thank you, Jenn.

Not sure if it is an attempt at intimidation or a desire to keep this going.

As far as dropping the F bomb, Red got called for it only because she spelled it out.

I see it spelled here with a "V" on a regular basis. Spelling it wrong intentionally should not give it a pass here.

With regard to this poster,Red had the right idea. I also try to ignore her as much as possible.

The more I told her I was uncomfortable with the "P" word, the more she used it.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485361370|4119601 said:

I feel bad for those who participated in this March, this thread, and demonstrate a legitimate & sincere concern for other women when others' 'undercover' behavior on the internet casts a negative shadow on those efforts.

If my words bother you, I suggest reporting them instead of your continued efforts to net nanny me.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1485362995|4119612 said:
If my words bother you, I suggest reporting them instead of your continued efforts to net nanny me.

:think: Isn't that what you're doing to Ruby?

Your words don't bother me; BULLYING bothers me.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485363432|4119615 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you mean responding when she asks directly WHY people don't clamor to applaud her posts, then... sure?

The bullying argument is a nice ironic touch though.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1485363599|4119617 said:

If you mean responding when she asks directly WHY people don't clamor to applaud her posts, then... sure?

What did your bringing up an issue from last night have to do with my clamoring for applause?

Why would you even bring up what Kenny said to me? It is between me and Kenny? What business it is of yours, except to keep this going?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very unhappy at the recent turn of events of this thread. I don't want to start the blame game, the bully game, the victimization game or whatever you want to call it. If you don't like it, you can ignore the poster instead of taking the bait, block the poster, or report it to Ella.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1485363834|4119619 said:
I am very unhappy at the recent turn of events of this thread. I don't want to start the blame game, the bully game, the victimization game or whatever you want to call it. If you don't like it, you can ignore the poster instead of taking the bait, block the poster, or report it to Ella.

Right as usual, Chrono. A reminder I needed today.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1485363834|4119619 said:

I asked 3 times that this conversation stop. I reported it to Ella and she decided that no action would be taken.

Things were quiet and then Eliot blares out her post about did "Kenny really suggest I should see a psychiatrist.

I will not be intimidated. As far as blocking her I will not let anyone smear by name. I will respond.

If you can get her to stop, please do.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If the stiletto fits. :whistle:

And with that, I'm done here ... unless someone will be talking about the question I asked earlier (that was probably lost in the fray) with regard to the organization of this event. I remain impressed and interested in how such a large event could be so well coordinated & carried out on a national level. :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby,
If you want it to stop, you have to do your part by ignoring people that bother you as well. By responding, thing can get worse as it just did. Both of you are baiting each other, the two of you know it, and nobody wants to back down.

I am tired of this tit for tat and will NOT respond to any further questions related to this. Instead, I want to focus on positive points of this March and will think about CoJoJenn's question on the successful organization of the March.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485364662|4119625 said:

If the stiletto fits. :whistle:

And with that, I'm done here ... unless someone will be talking about the question I asked earlier (that was probably lost in the fray) with regard to the organization of this event. I remain impressed and interested in how such a large event could be so well coordinated & carried out on a national level. :wavey:

I found out everything I knew via social media, and coordinated through Facebook as the specific medium. Then I texted with the friends I was meeting up with, and we used the Uber app to get there and back. The logistics were quite simple. I imagine the quickness and focus was due largely in part to technology.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, this tit for tat childhood drama needs to stop. Act like adults or I will be asking people involved to take a time out.

Threats of reporting people to professional boards, making snarky remarks at others, etc. will not be tolerated. Take the high road if you can't write a constructive comment in reply. Use the ignore button. Take a walk.

I highly suggest finding another way for everyone to comminucate in this thread.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All

I'm going from start another thread to finish the discussion of the Women's March - what made it successful (logistics and other) and what we personally have learned from it whether we attended or not

Thanks!

sungura

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1485364976|4119628 said:
I found out everything I knew via social media, and coordinated through Facebook as the specific medium.

TY! :wavey: That's kind of what I was assuming in terms of the technology aspect making the coordination & communication quick & easy. I am a member of only one national organization w/political affiliation, but not 'active' to the extent that I attend demonstrations and such.

Was it a particular group that you belong to (e.g., Nat'l Org for Women) or something along those lines (you don't have to specify) that had a national FB page to coordinate things centrally, or was it more networking between multiple groups in regional areas that came together, formed a committee of sorts, and put the wheels in motion?

I also read a few on here comment about rules for attendance/participation, and am curious who/how that got decided, and how they managed to require & enforce it. For me (and I assume most of you who attended), it's kind of a 'no brainer' to not do 'dumb stuff'; but when I think about other groups who carry out demonstrations that do experience/provoke/cause disturbances, violence and damage, I kind of wonder why they wouldn't take a similar approach to ensure their message is not overshadowed by negativity that would ultimately hurt their cause.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1485366923|4119644 said:
Hi All

I'm going from start another thread to finish the discussion of the Women's March - what made it successful (logistics and other) and what we personally have learned from it whether we attended or not

Thanks!

sungura

Yes, please, and thank you!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All

Thanks!

sungura

:wavey: If Monarch doesn't mind, I'll quote my original questions, her response, and my follow-up (which had a couple additional questions - for her or anyone who cares to respond) once you do. TY!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485367434|4119653 said:
Hi All

Thanks!

sungura

:wavey: If Monarch doesn't mind, I'll quote my original questions, her response, and my follow-up (which had a couple additional questions - for her or anyone who cares to respond) once you do. TY!

Please do!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCo, go for it! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results