shape
carat
color
clarity

William and Kate and Diana's Ring

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Ok everyone! I must off to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :snore: there are soooooo many photos and stories to post......will post more later!!! ::)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THanks again, great photos!! Speaking of weddings, has anyone ever seen a British wedding royal reception party and dinner? Or is the public never invited to those. I know for the recent Swedish Royal Wedding of Victoria and Daniel, they had a camera for the reception and dinner. It was nice to see. They really invited the public into that wedding, and even filmed pre-wedding preparations for Swedish television.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
you are a real fan Sitha!

Thanks for posting all the pictures, it's lovely to see some of the old ones of Diana over again. I'm old enough to remember it all from Day 1...right through to remembering where I was, and what I was doing the night and morning she died. The most strange thing happened that morning...when my then husband called me in the morning to tell me the sad news...I had the most overwhelming memory that I had dreamt of her that night. But, no recollection of the dream at all - I just remember saying 'I dreamt of her last night'. It was the weirdest feeling.

I loved the cabochon ring you posted - I've one very similar - although I actually prefer the one you found! I adore sapphire cluster rings, and to be honest I doubt there are many to equal the 'royal' ring, mainly I think, because of its memory and what it now signifies.

I saw this one too, which is a stunner...one of the best 'looks like' that I have seen of Kate's ring.

:))

http://www.crossjewelers.com/products/details.asp?ProductID=973#

CrossRing.jpg

And, my ring. 18kt WG - vintage - 1ct ish cab sapphire - 3 point diamonds I think.

P8301315_0.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1294720895|2819480 said:
THanks again, great photos!! Speaking of weddings, has anyone ever seen a British wedding royal reception party and dinner? Or is the public never invited to those. I know for the recent Swedish Royal Wedding of Victoria and Daniel, they had a camera for the reception and dinner. It was nice to see. They really invited the public into that wedding, and even filmed pre-wedding preparations for Swedish television.
Hi tourmaline lover! I have heard, saw on a news story, that for the royal wedding of wills and kate that about 100 seats would be made available to 'commoners' or public...this information could be absolutely wrong...but it is what I have heard....I'm not sure if this has ever been a common practice, or if this will actually happen...But, if it were to become reality, one could understand that it would be quite natural for it to happen at the wedding of the People's Princess' son.... ;-)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
pwendyp|1294754460|2819632 said:
you are a real fan Sitha!

Thanks for posting all the pictures, it's lovely to see some of the old ones of Diana over again. I'm old enough to remember it all from Day 1...right through to remembering where I was, and what I was doing the night and morning she died. The most strange thing happened that morning...when my then husband called me in the morning to tell me the sad news...I had the most overwhelming memory that I had dreamt of her that night. But, no recollection of the dream at all - I just remember saying 'I dreamt of her last night'. It was the weirdest feeling.

I loved the cabochon ring you posted - I've one very similar - although I actually prefer the one you found! I adore sapphire cluster rings, and to be honest I doubt there are many to equal the 'royal' ring, mainly I think, because of its memory and what it now signifies.

I saw this one too, which is a stunner...one of the best 'looks like' that I have seen of Kate's ring.

:))

http://www.crossjewelers.com/products/details.asp?ProductID=973#

CrossRing.jpg

And, my ring. 18kt WG - vintage - 1ct ish cab sapphire - 3 point diamonds I think.

P8301315_0.jpg
Hellooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
You are so welcome! and YUMMY ring!!!!!! I love the oval sapphire! Not that the cabochon is not just as pretty! but that oval is gorgeous! so YUM!!!! :naughty:

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a little side by side of the most famous engaged couples probably ever! :twirl:

article-1330340-0C1ADB10000005DC-532_634x557.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The groom to be and his bride to be.... :bigsmile:

william-kate-split.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Just like all of the Diana dolls, here come some examples of what to expect with Kate! 8)

8253231.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Some little adverts for winning memorabilia.... :tongue:

win_ring_213481a.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And here come the clone looks! :bigsmile:

e6e95_celebstyle-kate-middleton-issa-engagement-dress.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
More Diana/Kate rings.... :wacko:

2618239_com_katemiddle.jpg

10805423.jpg

10805424.jpg

151073455.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if we will ever see Kate wearing the real version of this famous Diana set......? ;))

1289488526-12734-0.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
A few more of the hundreds out there! :twirl:

il_fullxfull.193937810.jpg

images.jpg

royal1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here is something that belongs here for sure, the engagement announcement! =)

66706064-britains-prince.jpg

draft_lens15598971module134596501photo_1290183953prince-william-kate-weddi.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Diana and Kate...too bad they never got to meet in person...Diana would have been wonderful for Kate... :halo:

002-Princess-Diana-and-Kate.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I will attempt to find some of William's family's engagement rings for a bit of history...we can all see which ring is the favorite! lol...I do believe my favorite will remain Diana's! But here we go!, The first one has a little write up with it;
'Queen Elizabeth's sister received a ruby engagement ring that was designed by her future husband – it was created to look like a rosebud (a ruby surrounded by diamonds) to honor the princess' middle name, Rose.
'

royal-engagement-rings-Princess-margaret-620bes111610.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
For her first marriage, Princess Anne chose a sapphire and diamond engagement ring by Garrard Jewelers. While the resulting wedding was watched around the world, it was only the second time in 200 years that a member of the British Royal Family married a "commoner".

royal-engagement-rings-Princess-anne-620bes111610.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I must figure out how to swipe pics from a certain site....it could take a bit..be back tomorrow! :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sithathoriunet|1294803849|2820376 said:
Here is a little side by side of the most famous engaged couples probably ever! :twirl:

Looking side by side at this photo, I do not see as much of a resemblance of William to Diana as I do to Charles. He even stands and holds himself like Charles. I think he does look more like the Windsors, although people think he looks like Diana, I just don't see it. Maybe his complexion, but that's about it.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1294808427|2820437 said:
Sithathoriunet|1294803849|2820376 said:

Looking side by side at this photo, I do not see as much of a resemblance of William to Diana as I do to Charles. He even stands and holds himself like Charles. I think he does look more like the Windsors, although people think he looks like Diana, I just don't see it. Maybe his complexion, but that's about it.
you are right, he does definately hold himself very much like charles.....but it's that blond hair and his face that seem to radiate with Diana.... :wink2: but i do see a lot of his father in him for sure!

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here we have another advert for a copy ring.....They are just coming from everywhere!

royalheirloomring.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ANd the now famous, and copied dress! :naughty:

1_8_IssaLondonDress.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Some very pretty antique rings who's style is now known commonly as the "Diana" style... :bigsmile:

antique-cushion-shaped-sapphire-ringpg53-15.jpg

antique-kashmir-sapphire-ringpg52-6.jpg

d5299590l.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The Diana style ring in emerald and in ruby as well! YUM :))

3806_antique_georgian_diamond_emerald_ring_1.jpg

wm4541i-antique-ruby-diamond-engagement-ring.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Another Diana like ring... :bigsmile:

SapphireRing2.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
And our lovely Diana, the lady for whom the world went mad! :naughty:

dddddddddlp.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an interesting point, this article mentions the now prevelant, shortage in sapphires...caused of course by Diana's ring!
"Couples go crazy for sapphires

December 13, 2010

Couples looking to add a regal touch to their engagement have caused a sapphire shortage in Reading.

Brides-to-be, inspired by Princess Diana’s engagement ring that was given by Prince William to his Bucklebury girl Kate Middleton, have caused Newtown jeweller Opinder Kaushal to run out of sapphires.

The blue stone has been so popular since the Royal engagement, Mr Kaushal – who owns Kaushal Diamonds in Orts Road – has sold 10 diamond and sapphire rings in just a month.

He said: “It’s been crazy, everyone wants the sapphire and diamond and it’s got to the point where I’ve had to turn orders away because I just can’t get enough sapphires.

“It’s not just me that’s noticed it, all jewellers have been ordering more sapphires and my supplier says he can’t cope with the demand.

“I’ve been running this business for 20 years and I’ve never seen such a surge in a particular item. There’s always a trend set by celebrities but nothing as specific as this.”

Mr Kaushal added: “Most of the rings have been engagement rings but there have been some just as gifts as well. I think Christmas coming up has also had a big impact but we have to confess we are delighted with the Royal engagement and the positive impact it has had on our business. The prices have all depended on the size of the stones and have ranged from £1,500 to £13,500 – although nothing close to the actual price of the Diana/Kate ring.”
" :bigsmile:

C_67_article_2083931_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Kate celebrated her last birthday as a commoner, and here we have a little article about the whole affair!
"The Associated Press

Date: Sunday Jan. 9, 2011 12:03 PM ET

LONDON — Prince William's fiancee was on Sunday celebrating her last birthday before she officially becomes British royalty.

Royal officials said this week that Kate Middleton would be marking her 29th birthday privately, giving no further details.

Still, the event gave the nation's media a chance to talk about the princess in waiting. So too did fresh pictures of Middleton attending a wedding -- this one of her friends Harry Aubrey-Fletcher and Louise Stourton, held on Saturday in the northern England village of Aldborough.

The bride-to-be wore black, sporting a velvety topcoat over a black dress and a black pillbox hat. Prince William, who also attended, wore a traditional dark morning suit, and managed to joke with photographers after the ceremony.

"Hello, hello," he said, jumping onto the sidewalk amid the camera flashes. "It's not my wedding yet."

The royal wedding, set for Apr. 29, is a highly anticipated event. Britons have been given a day off to watch the ceremony and the Sunday Mirror reported that government officials were going to allow every pub in the country to stay open until 1 a.m. for two successive days to celebrate. In England, last call traditionally comes around 11 p.m., although in recent few years many venues have begun staying open much later.

Middleton has hardly been seen in public since she and William announced their engagement to the world in November, so Saturday's appearance gave the British media a chance to subject her to the kind of sartorial scrutiny she might have to endure for the rest of her life.

All agreed she looked good, although Britain's tabloids tut-tutted over her plunging neckline and see-through top.

There was also free diet advice, with The Mail on Sunday telling the svelte Middleton she should consider a few more hearty meals to fill out her wedding dress.

The paper also offered readers the chance to buy what it described as "superbly tasteful souvenir tea towel" featuring a picture of the happy couple standing arm in arm."

kate-middleton-hairstyle.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
William and Kate, Kate with her future brother in law, Harry and just Kate!

Kate-Middleton-birthday.jpg

kate-middleton-horse-racing.jpg

kate-middleton-order-of-garter-450px-nc.jpg

Attachments

• Prince-William-Kate-Middleton.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 517

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I will post, or attempt to properly post a tad of William and Harry's family background as found on a site containing the following photos..."September 17, 2010
British Aristocracy. An Absorbing and Excellent Explanation.
Perfect Manors
Enemies of the Estate

The diminished but still fabulously wealthy and powerful British aristocracy has survived agricultural decline, estate taxes, and world war, often bolstered by strategic marriage. Will its ancient code and customs be finished off for good by divorce? With an insider’s look at the recent travails of several noble families, including his own, the author fears for the future of stately homes—like Althorp, seat of the Spencers since 1508. "

the photo 'William Cavendish, Marquess of Hartington, and Kathleen “Kick” Kennedy at their 1944 wedding, in London, flanked by his mother, the Duchess of Devonshire, and the bride’s brother Joseph Kennedy Jr. From Bettmann/Corbis.'

english-aristocracy-1001-01.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results