Will you get the Covid 19 vaccine?

• Total voters

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
give me strength i need to vent !

my friend is fixated on this whole thing being a hoax and govt control
now i don't like my govt but i voted and my guys lost so i have to live with it
lossing is part of the democratic process some times

but he is convinced we have internment camp for the quareteen and managed isolation
dear God - they are mostly 4 and 5 star hotels and the tax payer is footing a lot of the bill

im getting insulted on behalf of my country here

for most people its 14 days
no body is forcing any body to return home to NZ - they are free to choose to stay where ever they are in the world
the isolation and quareteen hotels provide 3 meals a day plus snacks, daily exercise is catered for as is activities to keep kids occupied (in their rooms) internet is free, laundry is free
its 14 days out of your life
does that sound like a camp ???
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!
so many cases of covid have been picked up
we would be screwed like other countries with out taking these precautions
our hospitals would be overwelmed as our dead - our loved ones - pile up just like in the US, France, Sweden, Spain, UK etc etc

my country is far from perfect but we don't have internment camps here !
we have prisons and home detention but we do not have internment camps in this country
i know sometimes people awaiting deportation end up waiting in jail but in covid 19 2020 we are talking about regular law abiding citizens, perminant residents and visitors with exceptional reasons for being here - like the Pakistani cricket team, spending 14 days in a hotel

Honestly would NZ Cricket invite the Pakistan national side (and the Wedt Indies, Australia and the English woman) here and then put them into an internment camp ???
Nooooooooooo !!!!!!
its mamaged isolation at a hotel aa good as they would normally stay at here Augh.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I will, I trust the Australian medical system and feel confident it will be robustly tested prior to public release here. I've never had a bad reaction personally and I am pro vaccine generally.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I will, I trust the Australian medical system and feel confident it will be robustly tested prior to public release here. I've never had a bad reaction personally and I am pro vaccine generally.

i used to always book in a days annual leave for the day after the flu shot
and i made no point of hiding the fact in my case any side effects i felt were all in my mind :mrgreen2:

i think any side effects from the covid vacine will be mild if any and pale into insignificance compaired to being on a respirator or suffering for months from long covid

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am not getting it . I dont know what long term effects it will have . I think trial time is too short .

Yes but if I am reading correctly side effects go away within a day and is certainly better than coming down with the Covid 19 infection.

"While the symptoms were uncomfortable, and at times intense, the participants said they often went away after a day, sometimes sooner, and that it was better than getting Covid-19.

These are immune responses,” said Stinchfield, a past voting member of the committee. “And so if you feel something after vaccination, you should expect to feel that. When you do, it’s normal to have some arm soreness or fatigue, some body aches and maybe even a fever.
"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

but he is convinced we have internment camp for the quareteen and managed isolation
dear God - they are mostly 4 and 5 star hotels and the tax payer is footing a lot of the bill

no body is forcing any body to return home to NZ - they are free to choose to stay where ever they are in the world
the isolation and quareteen hotels provide 3 meals a day plus snacks, daily exercise is catered for as is activities to keep kids occupied (in their rooms) internet is free, laundry is free
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!
our hospitals would be overwelmed as our dead - our loved ones - pile up just like in the US, France, Sweden, Spain, UK etc etc

we have prisons and home detention but we do not have internment camps in this country
i know sometimes people awaiting deportation end up waiting in jail but in covid 19 2020 we are talking about regular law abiding citizens, perminant residents and visitors with exceptional reasons for being here - like the Pakistani cricket team, spending 14 days in a hotel

Honestly would NZ Cricket invite the Pakistan national side (and the Wedt Indies, Australia and the English woman) here and then put them into an internment camp ???
Nooooooooooo !!!!!!
its mamaged isolation at a hotel aa good as they would normally stay at here Augh.jpg

Aww Daisy, I'm sorry your friend is behaving like this but really there is not much you can do for those who have already made up their mind. In these circumstances after one has tried to explain one's POV all one can then do is just do what is best for you.

You cannot always change other's minds no matter how much scientific evidence there might be. Under these conditions I always say you do you and for your sanity don't keep trying to convince the other person. The other person seems to have their mind firmly made up already. You have done the best you can and for your peace of mind and sanity take care of yourself and your loved ones who believe this is real.

The pandemic is real. You and I and most PSers get that. Sadly others do not. :/

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww Daisy, I'm sorry your friend is behaving like this but really there is not much you can do for those who have already made up their mind. In these circumstances after one has tried to explain one's POV all one can then do is just do what is best for you.

You cannot always change other's minds no matter how much scientific evidence there might be. Under these conditions I always say you do you and for your sanity don't keep trying to convince the other person. The other person seems to have their mind firmly made up already. You have done the best you can and for your peace of mind and sanity take care of yourself and your loved ones who believe this is real.

The pandemic is real. You and I and most PSers get that. Sadly others do not. :/

Thanks Missy =)2

i watched the cricket tonight - first time men's cricket has been live free to air for 20 years
i enjoyed not thinking about covid for a few hours
actually it wasn't even brought up once during the game.
it was so refreshing

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy =)2

i watched the cricket tonight - first time men's cricket has been live free to air for 20 years
i enjoyed not thinking about covid for a few hours
actually it wasn't even brought up once during the game.
it was so refreshing

Yes, my motto recently has been something like this.

stoplivinginfearnow.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes but if I am reading correctly side effects go away within a day and is certainly better than coming down with the Covid 19 infection.

"While the symptoms were uncomfortable, and at times intense, the participants said they often went away after a day, sometimes sooner, and that it was better than getting Covid-19.

These are immune responses,” said Stinchfield, a past voting member of the committee. “And so if you feel something after vaccination, you should expect to feel that. When you do, it’s normal to have some arm soreness or fatigue, some body aches and maybe even a fever.

"

when i did my army basic (boot camp) i forget what we had to be reimmunized for but we got off push ups for one day afterwards :lol-2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH wants one as soon as available. We will need to talk to his Dr and make sure it is a good thing for him to get at that time based on his current health. (They did not give flu vaccine a couple of weeks ago due to his lingering breathing issues.)

I want one if it is seen as safe for me to do so. I'll need to have a talk with my neurologist before I make any decisions. He will know more about the vaccine related to my Multiple Sclerosis and if there is any concern between it and the meds I take.

inne

Shiny_Rock

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Nooooooooooo !!!!!!

Oh, that is infuriating!

I know a few people who believe it's a hoax too, and I can't even talk to them about it anymore. At first, I told them that my sister-in-law is working on one of the vaccines and said they can contact her with questions about how the virus behaves, how the vaccine is designed, etc. Of course no one took me up on it. And now it's evolved into full-fledged global conspiracy theories about Bill Gates wanting to microchip everyone (and kill off poor people??) as part of an evil plan to ...??? I don't even know what the plan is. At this point, I've given up. The ideas are so wildly illogical that facts just bounce off them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is infuriating!

I know a few people who believe it's a hoax too, and I can't even talk to them about it anymore. At first, I told them that my sister-in-law is working on one of the vaccines and said they can contact her with questions about how the virus behaves, how the vaccine is designed, etc. Of course no one took me up on it. And now it's evolved into full-fledged global conspiracy theories about Bill Gates wanting to microchip everyone (and kill off poor people??) as part of an evil plan to ...??? I don't even know what the plan is. At this point, I've given up. The ideas are so wildly illogical that facts just bounce off them.

its exhausting all right !

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am going to have to get one if I dont want to stay home for a long time.
I was going to get one as soon as I can but hearing the side effects when the time comes I will have to discuss it with my doctors and see what is recommended.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious to see what will happen if 50% of the US population get vaccinated at 94% efficacy and everything reopens (there’s no way things don’t reopen once vaccinations are widely available).

Especially as there is some self selection and likely clustering of people who want and don’t want to get vaccinated. I wonder if 50% being vaccinated will counterbalance the fact that social distancing, masks and indoor restrictions will go away. Or if we will see numerous super spreading clusters among areas of low vaccination rates.

If you choose not to get vaccinated, I highly recommend you continue safety measures until the positive percent tested rate goes waaaaaay down in your community.

I’m worried people who don’t get vaccinated will get lulled into a false sense of security. :(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m curious to see what will happen if 50% of the US population get vaccinated at 94% efficacy and everything reopens (there’s no way things don’t reopen once vaccinations are widely available).

Especially as there is some self selection and likely clustering of people who want and don’t want to get vaccinated. I wonder if 50% being vaccinated will counterbalance the fact that social distancing, masks and indoor restrictions will go away. Or if we will see numerous super spreading clusters among areas of low vaccination rates.

If you choose not to get vaccinated, I highly recommend you continue safety measures until the positive percent tested rate goes waaaaaay down in your community.

its going to be a tight rope for the people with genuine medical conditions which mean they can't get the vacine
50% doesn't sound near enough to me

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry folks.
You'll have to put with Kenny a bit longer. :nono: :wall:

Considering my age and medical conditions and what I read in the news, I'll move to nearly the front of the vaccine queue.
The grooviest genius liberal gay atheist get it first. :lol-2:

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I test positive (should know by Monday), probably won’t need it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Please reconsider that.
Stay updated.

My neighbor works for the county health department.
In the last week they have seen people with new infections who got, and recovered from, C19 back in May.

They are not yet sure whether getting it makes you immune in the future.
He says they suspect getting MAY give you immunity to the 'strain' you recovered from - but the virus is mutating and the recent re-infections may be a new mutation of C19.
Also, they suspect the new strain(s) is more contagious, but less severe - as in fewer deaths.

The situation is fluid and evolving all the time, so we should all be reading credible sources to stay updated.

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You probably want to talk to a doctor or do your research carefully. With some reports of possible multiple strains and more and more suggesting people can get it multiple times, there may still be need for the vaccine.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
We're getting vaccinated as soon as it's available to us. I booked a bunch of vacations for the last third of 2021 to make up for the 6 cancelled trips this year, so hopefully we can get it before June and be able to test for antibodies before the first trip.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really baffled by the Bill Gates accusations.

I know he does a lot of work to get the really poor countries vaccinated inorder to save lives.

Based on this are the conspiracy theorists claiming he's a serial killer who wants to kill off the third world?

There was a group of people in the city shouting that he wanted to control all of us with 5G. Do they think Bill Gates wants to go all Skynet on us? Why? Does Bill Gates want to rule planet earth? Does he want to use 5G to get us to dig for minerals when he's ultimate ruler?

Mind you I have a friend whose dad makes them all put their mobile phones into the microwave before he'll allow anyone to speak.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm really baffled by the Bill Gates accusations.

I know he does a lot of work to get the really poor countries vaccinated inorder to save lives.

Based on this are the conspiracy theorists claiming he's a serial killer who wants to kill off the third world?

There was a group of people in the city shouting that he wanted to control all of us with 5G. Do they think Bill Gates wants to go all Skynet on us? Why? Does Bill Gates want to rule planet earth? Does he want to use 5G to get us to dig for minerals when he's ultimate ruler?

Mind you I have a friend whose dad makes them all put their mobile phones into the microwave before he'll allow anyone to speak.

People are nuts. I'd love to be chipped so i no longer need to use a phone to look up stuff. :twisted2:

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
:(2
i hope it doesn't go on for much latter and he makes a full revovery

I really hope so too, it hurts me to see him so miserable. It's been 6 months now, he's not making much progress. He had no risk factors other than age, it just makes no sense that he got it so bad.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
Please reconsider that.
Stay updated.

My neighbor works for the county health department.
In the last week they have seen people with new infections who got, and recovered from, C19 back in May.

They are not yet sure whether getting it makes you immune in the future.
He says they suspect getting MAY give you immunity to the 'strain' you recovered from - but the virus is mutating and the recent re-infections may be a new mutation of C19.
Also, they suspect the new strain(s) is more contagious, but less severe - as in fewer deaths.

The situation is fluid and evolving all the time, so we should all be reading credible sources to stay updated.

This is my husband's concern, and has us so afraid. He barely survived it once, his docs said he wouldn't again, but may not have immunity. They just don't know.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really hope so too, it hurts me to see him so miserable. It's been 6 months now, he's not making much progress. He had no risk factors other than age, it just makes no sense that he got it so bad.

hopefully everyone in your circle takes the virus seriously knowing what ypur hubby is going through

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
hopefully everyone in your circle takes the virus seriously knowing what ypur hubby is going through

Thank you. It's been mixed. But other than work and necessary errands, we just keep to ourselves. We miss going to outings and events like we did all last year, but they aren't happening anyway.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People are nuts

This ^ sums it up.

Many people are just lacking common sense and knowledge.
That in a nutshell is the problem.
If the great majority of people are afraid to or refuse to get vaccinated we are going to have a big problem.

This is my husband's concern, and has us so afraid. He barely survived it once, his docs said he wouldn't again, but may not have immunity. They just don't know.

Continued well wishes being sent your DH's way @Rons Wolfe. I am sorry you are both going through this and hope relief is in sight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results