shape
carat
color
clarity

Will this diamond perform well?

CinqueTerre

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I am new here and heard that you lovely and knowledgable people are willing to help those of us who don't know too much about diamonds! I have come across a rather pretty ring, but want to know if the diamond is cut well/will peform well and if it is a good deal for what it is selling for. It does not come with a GIA or AGS cert, but rather an appraisal that has the following information:

Measurements: 4.75-4.70 x 2.92mm
Weight: .39 ct
Table: 60
Girdle: Unpolished medium
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Gross weight of the ring: 2.66 grams
Metal: 14k white gold

Ring comes with a wedding band as well, but the weight of that ring is not listed; it is just a plain engraved white gold band.

The total cost for both are $585.

Any opinions? Thanks for the help!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS!

Unfortunately, no one can really tell you much about the stone without more information, i.e., crown angle, depth, pavilion angle. In today's market, I really wouldn't buy any stone without a cert. There is really no way to know exactly what you are buying dependent on an appraisal alone.

Are you familiar with the search tool at the top of the page? You can input carat weight, color and clarity to see what comes up from various vendors. If you should find a stone of interest, please be sure to link it and lots of folks can weigh in on the cut quality.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a photo?

Is it second hand? If so, is it antique or just second hand?
When you say it comes with a wedding band, do you mean the setting for the stone or a second ring. Sounds like it's both I just want to unstand.

Is this in USD?
Is this an engagement ring?

CinqueTerre

Rough_Rock
Hello! It is listed as vintage forsale.jpg

Hopefully I posted the picture right!

The price is in USD and it comes with a second band as a wedding ring. I believe it is meant to be an engagement ring, but I was interested in it for a right hand ring as I already have an enagement ring that I love.

I don't really have a need for the band so I may be able to get the price down if I decide to go for it. Honestly, I really wish the ring had an OEC in it becuase I just love that cut, but since it doesn't, I really wanted to make sure the round brilliant performed well otherwise it wouldn't be a good choice.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it the setting your keen on? The price? What's drawn you to this ring if you enjoy old cuts?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welcome.

From rose cuts to super ideals, people love diamond based on a lot of parameters. While performance can be (strictly) defined, questions remain; what is important to you?

So you've found a pretty ring set, but worry that the "package" might not be what you want. Fair enough--in short, what is the return policy?

cheers--Sharon

CinqueTerre

Rough_Rock
The setting is what I am keen on and in the picture, the diamond looks pretty as well. I thought maybe it was a good deal for the style of ring, although you're right--if I am really a lover of old cuts, I should probably hold out and wait to find a ring that fits all of my parameters.

Also, I when I said performance, I meant light return, but as I've now learned, unless I have more information, that cannot be determined. I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond--many thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results