shape
carat
color
clarity

will Obama be a good President?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Different Standards for Black and White Preachers

Rudy Giuliani's priest has been accused in grand jury proceedings of molesting several children and covering up the molestation of others. Giuliani would not disavow him on the campaign trail and still works with him.

Mitt Romney was part of a church that did not view black Americans as equals and actively discriminated against them. He stayed with that church all the way into his early thirties, until they were finally forced to change their policies to come into compliance with civil rights legislation. Romney never disavowed his church back then or now. He said he was proud of the faith of his fathers.

Jerry Falwell said America had 9/11 coming because we tolerated gays, feminists and liberals. It was our fault. Our chickens had come home to roost, if you will. John McCain proudly received his support and even spoke at his university's commencement.

Reverend John Hagee has called the Catholic Church the "Great Whore." He has said that the Anti-Christ will rise out of the European Union (of course, the Anti-Christ will also be Jewish). He has said all Muslims are trained to kill and will be part of the devil's army when Armageddon comes (which he hopes is soon). John McCain continues to say he is proud of Reverend Hagee's endorsement.

Reverend Rod Parsley believes America was founded to destroy Islam. Since this is such an outlandish claim, I have to add for the record, that he is not kidding. Reverend Parsley says Islam is an "anti-Christ religion" brought down from a "demon spirit." Of course, we are in a war against all Muslims, including presumably Muslim-Americans. Buts since Parsley believes this is a Christian nation and that it should be run as a theocracy, he is not very concerned what Muslim-Americans think.

John McCain says Reverend Rod Parsley is his "spiritual guide."

What separates all of these outrageous preachers from Barack Obama's? You guessed it. They're white and Reverend Jeremiah Wright is not. If it's not racism that's causing the disparity in media treatment of these preachers, then what is it?

I'm willing to listen to other possible explanations. And I am inclined to believe that the people these preachers go after are more important than the race of the preacher. It's one thing to go after gays, liberals and Muslims -- that seems to be perfectly acceptable in America -- it's another to accuse white folks of not living up to their ideals.

I think there is another factor at play as well. The media is deathly afraid of calling out preachers of any stripe for insane propaganda from the pulpits for fear that they will be labeled as anti-Christian. But criticism of Rev. Wright falls into their comfort zone. It's easy to blame him for being anti-American because he criticizes American foreign and domestic policy.

If Rev. Wright had preached about discriminating against gay Americans or Muslims, there probably would not have been any outcry at all. That falls into the category of "respect their hateful opinions because they cloak themselves in the church."

But one thing is indisputable -- the enormous disparity in how the media has covered these white preachers as opposed to Rev. Wright. Have you ever even heard of Rod Parsley? As you can see from what I listed above, all of these white preachers have said and done the most outlandish and offensive things you can imagine -- and hardly a peep.

If the disparity in coverage isn't racist, then what is it?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:25:53 AM
Author: beebrisk
Date: 9/15/2008 12:47:01 AM

Author: iluvcarats

I don''t think we have to pick and choose here. Shame on them all.

While I understand you might have disagreements with McCain, I''m not sure why exactly he should feel ''shame''.

He has spent his entire career serving the country after nearly dying for it.

McCain has not (as far as I know) associated with known racists and anti-Semites, nor has he spent 20 years listening to (and obviously relating to) the vitriol spewed by his pastor.

I do not understand how anyone can draw a moral equivalence between these two men. There''s no comparison. None.
He chose a running mate who supports Pat Buchanan and belongs to a church that believes that "the Jews are being collectively punished for rejecting Jesus." He may not spew hatred, but he could have should have chosen to associate himself with someone else.

read this

John McCain has a lot to be proud of. I am thankful to him for protecting my freedom.
I still think he should have chosen someone else to be his running mate.
If we need a pipeline in Alaska, then we should build it, not *pray* for it.
I can not embrace Sarah Palin''s "Let go and Let God" politics, and her associations with known and verbal anti - semites bothers me.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:34:17 AM
Author: MoonWater
Different Standards for Black and White Preachers

Rudy Giuliani''s priest has been accused in grand jury proceedings of molesting several children and covering up the molestation of others. Giuliani would not disavow him on the campaign trail and still works with him.

Mitt Romney was part of a church that did not view black Americans as equals and actively discriminated against them. He stayed with that church all the way into his early thirties, until they were finally forced to change their policies to come into compliance with civil rights legislation. Romney never disavowed his church back then or now. He said he was proud of the faith of his fathers.

Jerry Falwell said America had 9/11 coming because we tolerated gays, feminists and liberals. It was our fault. Our chickens had come home to roost, if you will. John McCain proudly received his support and even spoke at his university''s commencement.

Reverend John Hagee has called the Catholic Church the ''Great Whore.'' He has said that the Anti-Christ will rise out of the European Union (of course, the Anti-Christ will also be Jewish). He has said all Muslims are trained to kill and will be part of the devil''s army when Armageddon comes (which he hopes is soon). John McCain continues to say he is proud of Reverend Hagee''s endorsement.

Reverend Rod Parsley believes America was founded to destroy Islam. Since this is such an outlandish claim, I have to add for the record, that he is not kidding. Reverend Parsley says Islam is an ''anti-Christ religion'' brought down from a ''demon spirit.'' Of course, we are in a war against all Muslims, including presumably Muslim-Americans. Buts since Parsley believes this is a Christian nation and that it should be run as a theocracy, he is not very concerned what Muslim-Americans think.

John McCain says Reverend Rod Parsley is his ''spiritual guide.''

What separates all of these outrageous preachers from Barack Obama''s? You guessed it. They''re white and Reverend Jeremiah Wright is not. If it''s not racism that''s causing the disparity in media treatment of these preachers, then what is it?

I''m willing to listen to other possible explanations. And I am inclined to believe that the people these preachers go after are more important than the race of the preacher. It''s one thing to go after gays, liberals and Muslims -- that seems to be perfectly acceptable in America -- it''s another to accuse white folks of not living up to their ideals.

I think there is another factor at play as well. The media is deathly afraid of calling out preachers of any stripe for insane propaganda from the pulpits for fear that they will be labeled as anti-Christian. But criticism of Rev. Wright falls into their comfort zone. It''s easy to blame him for being anti-American because he criticizes American foreign and domestic policy.

If Rev. Wright had preached about discriminating against gay Americans or Muslims, there probably would not have been any outcry at all. That falls into the category of ''respect their hateful opinions because they cloak themselves in the church.''

But one thing is indisputable -- the enormous disparity in how the media has covered these white preachers as opposed to Rev. Wright. Have you ever even heard of Rod Parsley? As you can see from what I listed above, all of these white preachers have said and done the most outlandish and offensive things you can imagine -- and hardly a peep.

If the disparity in coverage isn''t racist, then what is it?

Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, Jerry Falwell, Rod Parsley and John Hagee are not in line to lead this country and become the Commander in Chief.

Yes Yes..the liberal establishment would have us believe that all whites hate blacks and minorities, all Christians hate Gays and Jews and all Catholic priests are child molesters.
Ugh! I''m sooo sick of it.

We are so up to our eyeballs in political correctness that we can no longer even SEE what a real, honest to goodness racist looks like.
Obama belonged to a racist church, formed a 20-year, intimate spiritual relationship with a Jew-hating, America-hating White-hating pastor. Period. Reverend Wright is the epitome of a racist and apparently spent many years enjoying a family-like closeness to the Obamas.

One day when they actually let us see Michelle Obama''s college thesis, with her admiration for Stokley Charmichael and her appeal for black separatism, then maybe people will finally understand Obama and his wife are radical, 60''s style activists dressed in nice, designer suits. But then again, probably not. The liberal''s are deaf and blind to anything that doesn''t perfectly suit their agenda.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
LOL!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 12:51:07 PM
Date: 9/15/2008 11:34:17 AM

Reverend Rod Parsley believes America was founded to destroy Islam. Since this is such an outlandish claim, I have to add for the record, that he is not kidding. Reverend Parsley says Islam is an ''anti-Christ religion'' brought down from a ''demon spirit.'' Of course, we are in a war against all Muslims, including presumably Muslim-Americans. Buts since Parsley believes this is a Christian nation and that it should be run as a theocracy, he is not very concerned what Muslim-Americans think.

John McCain says Reverend Rod Parsley is his ''spiritual guide.''

Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, Jerry Falwell, Rod Parsley and John Hagee are not in line to lead this country and become the Commander in Chief.

they might not be, but john mccain is.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 12:51:07 PM

Yes Yes..the liberal establishment would have us believe that all whites hate blacks and minorities, all Christians hate Gays and Jews and all Catholic priests are child molesters.
Ugh! I'm sooo sick of it.

We are so up to our eyeballs in political correctness that we can no longer even SEE what a real, honest to goodness racist looks like.
Yeah, make fun of Catholic priests all you want, but one joke about gays and you'll have the ACLU/GLAAD on your back before you finish the sentence...quite the double standard. I know what a racist looks like: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2008 12:40:55 AM

Date: 9/15/2008 12:10:35 AM

Date: 9/14/2008 11:55:43 PM

Author: diamondfan

Bee, I agree with you. But I got flamed when I mentioned this IN MARCH. And Farrakan? And Ayers? And Jackson, ALL known anti semites, spreading hate and intolerance? How ANY church could honor someone as low as Farrakan is unreal to me. What type of church would think HIS message is anything other than a disgusting and disgraceful bunch of garbage? Obama was all too happy to dump the man who got him into that church, the man who married him, the man who is godfather to his girls, the man whom he called his spiritual adviser...when that man started to let his 15 minutes get out of control. Suddenly, he was a liability and Obama had to answer for the fact that though he said he did not agree with what was said (it was like that crazy uncle at Thanksgiving or whatever) he felt it okay to sit there week after week for TWO DECADES. I could not, under any circumstances, sit in my temple if my Rabbi spoke like that even once, let alone for all those years. Now he gets dumped, because he is an embarrassment. If that is not playing it like any other politico would, what is?

They are both hanging out with undesirables, if you ask me.

6 in one;half dozen in the other. (well, maybe Farrakan tips the scales to 7 / 5) But Buchanan?

sarah palin and the jewish vote

I find no moral equivalency between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, Louis Farakahn or Pat Buchannan.

Sarah Palin did not belong to a church that applauded and rewarded (!) a man who has called Jews 'bloodsuckers'. Barack Obama did.
Sarah Palin did not belong to a church that implied 9/11 was a well-deserved attack on 'G-dda-m America'. Barack Obama did.

Pat Buchanan may have his issues with the Jews and with Israel, but at least he is HONEST about it.

Obama squirreled himself out of that church only when it became a liability and then tried to minimize the obviously intense, spiritual bond he had with Reverend Wright. For crying out loud, he chose that man to be the Godfather to his children! THIS is who he admires? This is who he looked up to for spiritual guidance for TWENTY years??? Shame on Barack Obama. Shame.
Sarah Palin is an Evangelical Christian.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13098.html

Last month, her church hosted Jews for Jesus leader David Brickner, who suggested that terrorist attacks on Israelis were God's 'judgment' against Jews who haven't accepted Christianity.

A campaign spokesman acknowledged Palin was in the audience but said she did not know Brickner would be speaking and does not share his views. But she could have walked out or raised questions later.

http://www.adl.org/special_reports/jews4jesus/jews4jesus.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_for_Jesus

And, slightly less relevant, but likewise disturbing --

And back in June, Palin nodded in agreement when her former pastor said Alaska should be ready to minister to nonbelievers at the end of the world.
'I believe Alaska is one of the `refuge states' -- come on, you guys -- in the Last Days,' said Pastor Ed Kalnin, who joined Palin on stage after she gave a speech. ``And hundreds of thousands of people are going to come to this state to seek refuge. And the church has to be ready to minister to them.'

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage, I think you need to be a bit more politically correct and ignore Palin''s church problem. Please redirect your focus on Obama and his church problems. mmkay? Thanks!
2.gif

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 1:59:31 PM
Author: Loves Vintage

Bee, I agree with you. But I got flamed when I mentioned this IN MARCH. And Farrakan? And Ayers? And Jackson, ALL known anti semites, spreading hate and intolerance? How ANY church could honor someone as low as Farrakan is unreal to me. What type of church would think HIS message is anything other than a disgusting and disgraceful bunch of garbage? Obama was all too happy to dump the man who got him into that church, the man who married him, the man who is godfather to his girls, the man whom he called his spiritual adviser...when that man started to let his 15 minutes get out of control. Suddenly, he was a liability and Obama had to answer for the fact that though he said he did not agree with what was said (it was like that crazy uncle at Thanksgiving or whatever) he felt it okay to sit there week after week for TWO DECADES. I could not, under any circumstances, sit in my temple if my Rabbi spoke like that even once, let alone for all those years. Now he gets dumped, because he is an embarrassment. If that is not playing it like any other politico would, what is?

6 in one;half dozen in the other. (well, maybe Farrakan tips the scales to 7 / 5) But Buchanan?

I find no moral equivalency between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, Louis Farakahn or Pat Buchannan.

Sarah Palin did not belong to a church that applauded and rewarded (!) a man who has called Jews ''bloodsuckers''. Barack Obama did.

Sarah Palin did not belong to a church that implied 9/11 was a well-deserved attack on ''G-dda-m America''. Barack Obama did.

Pat Buchanan may have his issues with the Jews and with Israel, but at least he is HONEST about it.

Obama squirreled himself out of that church only when it became a liability and then tried to minimize the obviously intense, spiritual bond he had with Reverend Wright. For crying out loud, he chose that man to be the Godfather to his children! THIS is who he admires? This is who he looked up to for spiritual guidance for TWENTY years??? Shame on Barack Obama. Shame.

Last month, her church hosted Jews for Jesus leader David Brickner, who suggested that terrorist attacks on Israelis were God''s ''judgment'' against Jews who haven''t accepted Christianity.

A campaign spokesman acknowledged Palin was in the audience but said she did not know Brickner would be speaking and does not share his views. But she could have walked out or raised questions later.

And back in June, Palin nodded in agreement when her former pastor said Alaska should be ready to minister to nonbelievers at the end of the world.

''I believe Alaska is one of the `refuge states'' -- come on, you guys -- in the Last Days,'' said Pastor Ed Kalnin, who joined Palin on stage after she gave a speech. ``And hundreds of thousands of people are going to come to this state to seek refuge. And the church has to be ready to minister to them.''

One day, one sermon, one pastor does not make Palin a bigot or a racist.

Besides that, there are plenty of evangelical Christians who believe the same thing...That Jews should come to Christ. This is a widely held belief and does not in any way reflect a "hate" for Jews. In fact, some may see it as quite the opposite.

Again, there is no (zero!) moral equivalency between Sara Palin''s church and Reverend Wright.

But I understand. He gets a pass and so does Obama. After all, minorities are virtually INCAPABLE of hating, being racist and are never, ever ignorant or intolerant, right?

It''s so sad that those pesky Jews and Christians keep getting in the way of the liberal''s hope for a Utopian universe. One where everyone lives happily together as long as everyone supports the same, politically correct, anti-Judeo/Christian, pro-Islamic Jihadist ideals.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 2:44:16 PM

Date: 9/15/2008 1:59:31 PM

Sarah Palin did not belong to a church that applauded and rewarded (!) a man who has called Jews ''bloodsuckers''. Barack Obama did.

Sarah Palin did not belong to a church that implied 9/11 was a well-deserved attack on ''G-dda-m America''. Barack Obama did.

Last month, her church hosted Jews for Jesus leader David Brickner, who suggested that terrorist attacks on Israelis were God''s ''judgment'' against Jews who haven''t accepted Christianity.

''I believe Alaska is one of the `refuge states'' -- come on, you guys -- in the Last Days,'' said Pastor Ed Kalnin, who joined Palin on stage after she gave a speech. ``And hundreds of thousands of people are going to come to this state to seek refuge. And the church has to be ready to minister to them.''

Besides that, there are plenty of evangelical Christians who believe the same thing...That Jews should come to Christ. This is a widely held belief and does not in any way reflect a ''hate'' for Jews. In fact, some may see it as quite the opposite.

Again, there is no (zero!) moral equivalency between Sara Palin''s church and Reverend Wright.

But I understand. He gets a pass and so does Obama. After all, minorities are virtually INCAPABLE of hating, being racist and are never, ever ignorant or intolerant, right?

It''s so sad that those pesky Jews and Christians keep getting in the way of the liberal''s hope for a Utopian universe. One where everyone lives happily together as long as everyone supports the same, politically correct, anti-Judeo/Christian, pro-Islamic Jihadist ideals.
Well now, that makes it all better!

I really love the generalization about liberals, thumps up!

Anyhoo, countdown to when this thread gets deleted.

E B

Ideal_Rock

This is the first time, in the history of my membership at Pricescope, my head has actually met my desk.

There are no words.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 2:54:35 PM
Author: EBree

This is the first time, in the history of my membership at Pricescope, my head has actually met my desk.

There are no words.

I agree, I can''t believe what I just read. Please stop!!! We do not and I repeat... we do not, want this thread to be deleted . I am learning a lot.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 2:59:30 PM
Author: Linda W

There are no words.

I agree, I can''t believe what I just read. Please stop!!! We do not and I repeat... we do not, want this thread to be deleted . I am learning a lot.

Unintentionally proving my point...
Thank you!
:)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2008 2:31:01 PM
Loves Vintage, I think you need to be a bit more politically correct and ignore Palin''s church problem. Please redirect your focus on Obama and his church problems. mmkay? Thanks!
2.gif
I''m glad you can keep your sense of humor around here, MW! I have to say I''m so impressed by your tenacity in these threads!! I will go back to lurking mode since every time I post on here I seem to really flesh out some undesirable viewpoints, which is not my intention!!!!!

Mm-buh-bye for a while again!
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:10:18 PM
Date: 9/15/2008 2:59:30 PM

Author: Linda W

There are no words.

Thank you!

I am NOT learning anything by your posts.

E B

Ideal_Rock

Thank you!

I found your statement completely and utterly ridiculous. And this proves your point how?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i just want to encourage everyone who is using affiliation arguments to be reasonable for a minute and really question if there is NO way in your mind that someone (obama in this case) can be deceived OR that someone (the rev) could evolve or change into something more extreme. i mean, get caught up in it if you want to, but since it really isn''t the most impossible scenerio to have happen, it''s really not worth a lot of time.

i grew up extremely close to my godmother, who my mom grew up with. while i didn''t *always* agree with her, she was a reasonable and smart woman, and i respected her and had a great relationship with her, as did my mom. but then she randomly went so extreme and ballistic in her beliefs (and personal life) that we have since cut off all contact with her. i can''t imagine that this has NEVER happened before to anyone else - i just think it''s unfortunate that it happened to a presidential candidate. if i were to ever run for public office and it was held against me that my crazy godmother is on the child abuser list, well, i couldn''t deny it, and i couldn''t deny that i had once been close with her, but that has nothing to do with me and who i am and what i stand for. shrug. just a thought.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
ckquote>

Besides that, there are plenty of evangelical Christians who believe the same thing...That Jews should come to Christ. This is a widely held belief and does not in any way reflect a ''hate'' for Jews. In fact, some may see it as quite the opposite.

Seriously?
33.gif

iluvcarats OVER and OUT

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:22:26 PM
Author: mimzy
i just want to encourage everyone who is using affiliation arguments to be reasonable for a minute and really question if there is NO way in your mind that someone (obama in this case) can be deceived OR that someone (the rev) could evolve or change into something more extreme. i mean, get caught up in it if you want to, but since it really isn't the most impossible scenerio to have happen, it's really not worth a lot of time.

i grew up extremely close to my godmother, who my mom grew up with. while i didn't *always* agree with her, she was a reasonable and smart woman, and i respected her and had a great relationship with her, as did my mom. but then she randomly went so extreme and ballistic in her beliefs (and personal life) that we have since cut off all contact with her. i can't imagine that this has NEVER happened before to anyone else - i just think it's unfortunate that it happened to a presidential candidate. if i were to ever run for public office and it was held against me that my crazy godmother is on the child abuser list, well, i couldn't deny it, and i couldn't deny that i had once been close with her, but that has nothing to do with me and who i am and what i stand for. shrug. just a thought.
Thanks for this mimzy. I couldn't possibly agree more. I have an absolute pscyho for a mother and if they look into her past and tried to somehow tie me to it I would be horrified. I was very close with her up until nearly 4 years ago when she did something so terrible to me that I had to break all contact. And this is the woman that birthed me for crying outloud! I can claim the same with others I was close to in the past that either turned into a different person or was always nuts and I just never comprehended how much until years later.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock

[/quote]

Thank you!

[/quote]

beebrisk, you''ve got to be kidding. you do realize that they were telling you to "stop" because they wanted to keep the thread from being deleted, NOT because they couldn''t stand to hear to hear something that is divisive or makes liberals sound bad, right? if you can''t make the distinction, well, best of luck!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:13:02 PM

Date: 9/15/2008 2:31:01 PM
2.gif
I''m glad you can keep your sense of humor around here, MW! I have to say I''m so impressed by your tenacity in these threads!! I will go back to lurking mode since every time I post on here I seem to really flesh out some undesirable viewpoints, which is not my intention!!!!!

Mm-buh-bye for a while again!
35.gif
LV, sometimes things get so ridiculous that all you can do is laugh.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:18:08 PM

Thank you!

I found your statement completely and utterly ridiculous. And this proves your point how?

Because my opinion was the politically incorrect one and one that you do not happen to agree with, so therefore you tell me to "stop".

Proving my point that everyone is entitled to their opinion, so long as that opinion is in lock-step with this brave new world''s ''politically correct'' philosophy.

Good grief!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:32:07 PM

Date: 9/15/2008 3:18:08 PM

Thank you!

Because my opinion was the politically incorrect one and one that you do not happen to agree with, so therefore you tell me to 'stop'.

Proving my point that everyone is entitled to their opinion, so long as that opinion is in lock-step with this brave new world's 'politically correct' philosophy.

Good grief!
Since you have been here since 2005 I thought you would realize that the problem people had is that your posts violated at least three PS rules, first, it was inflammatory, second, it discussed religion (and in a derogatory manner no less), and third, it was insulting to other members. The last few times this has happen, the entire thread was deleted and many of us like this thread and would prefer to keep it.

E B

Ideal_Rock

Because my opinion was the politically incorrect one and one that you do not happen to agree with, so therefore you tell me to 'stop'.

Proving my point that everyone is entitled to their opinion, so long as that opinion is in lock-step with this brave new world's 'politically correct' philosophy.

Good grief!

beeb,

For the last time, we asked you to stop not because your statement wasn't politically correct, but because it was insane. And completely untrue. And incredibly insulting.

And that's all from me. To you.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:28:46 PM

i just want to encourage everyone who is using affiliation arguments to be reasonable for a minute and really question if there is NO way in your mind that someone (obama in this case) can be deceived OR that someone (the rev) could evolve or change into something more extreme. i mean, get caught up in it if you want to, but since it really isn''t the most impossible scenerio to have happen, it''s really not worth a lot of time.

i grew up extremely close to my godmother, who my mom grew up with. while i didn''t *always* agree with her, she was a reasonable and smart woman, and i respected her and had a great relationship with her, as did my mom. but then she randomly went so extreme and ballistic in her beliefs (and personal life) that we have since cut off all contact with her. i can''t imagine that this has NEVER happened before to anyone else - i just think it''s unfortunate that it happened to a presidential candidate. if i were to ever run for public office and it was held against me that my crazy godmother is on the child abuser list, well, i couldn''t deny it, and i couldn''t deny that i had once been close with her, but that has nothing to do with me and who i am and what i stand for. shrug. just a thought.

Thanks for this mimzy. I couldn''t possibly agree more. I have an absolute pscyho for a mother and if they look into her past and tried to somehow tie me to it I would be horrified. I was very close with her up until nearly 4 years ago when she did something so terrible to me that I had to break all contact. And this is the woman that birthed me for crying outloud! I can claim the same with others I was close to in the past that either turned into a different person or was always nuts and I just never comprehended how much until years later.

i know, it just blows my mind to hear people be so narrow-minded for the sake of drawing conclusions they want to make! like, think CRITICALLY for once! people coming up with absurd certainties because it "makes sense" to them, when they never really want to consider it from any other perspective to begin with. (and that goes for both sides!)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:56:41 PM

Date: 9/15/2008 3:28:46 PM

Thanks for this mimzy. I couldn''t possibly agree more. I have an absolute pscyho for a mother and if they look into her past and tried to somehow tie me to it I would be horrified. I was very close with her up until nearly 4 years ago when she did something so terrible to me that I had to break all contact. And this is the woman that birthed me for crying outloud! I can claim the same with others I was close to in the past that either turned into a different person or was always nuts and I just never comprehended how much until years later.

i know, it just blows my mind to hear people be so narrow-minded for the sake of drawing conclusions they want to make! like, think CRITICALLY for once! people coming up with absurd certainties because it ''makes sense'' to them, when they never really want to consider it from any other perspective to begin with. (and that goes for both sides!)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 3:36:25 PM

Because my opinion was the politically incorrect one and one that you do not happen to agree with, so therefore you tell me to ''stop''.

Proving my point that everyone is entitled to their opinion, so long as that opinion is in lock-step with this brave new world''s ''politically correct'' philosophy.

Good grief!

beeb,

For the last time, we asked you to stop not because your statement wasn''t politically correct, but because it was insane. And completely untrue. And incredibly insulting.

And that''s all from me. To you.

Must feel great to call something or someone "insane" and "untrue" because you don''t agree. Now THAT''S liberal tolerance for ya!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
hey beebrisk - why aren''t you responding to any of the comments that quote you and identify that the reason they said to stop was because they didn''t want the thread to be deleted, not because of intolerance?

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Because it''s ridiculous to think that the thread would be deleted due to an unpopular opinion.

I did not insult you, or Moon, or Linda, or Loves or anyone else on a personal level.

I have however, just been called insane. Not that I care what I''m called, but if the post gets deleted for personal attacks, take a look at where it actually came from.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results