shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is everyone falling outa love with their asschers??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Why is everyone suddenly falling outa love with their asschers?? I'm amazed:

UCLABelle's thread.

KtIceRN's thread.

Incredible Daniel K/Leon Mege ring at Pearlmans: LINK. Wish it were my size!

Weird or what? Anyone else?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
People think the grass is always greener on the other side......most people(IMHO) go back to rounds because they SPARKLE!!!!!! I think that an asscher would be lovely for a RHR, but i''m a RB kind of gal.
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this is a factor or not, but asschers also look smaller for their carat weight than rounds. When I was looking for my upgrade ring I saw the most beautiful five stone asscher ring from JB Star, but the stones looked so tiny for the amount of carat weight!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Notice to all who have fallen out of love with their Asschers: You are welcome to send them to me. I'll be happy to take them off your hands. I won't charge you for shipping.
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Not me!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 9:04:27 PM
Author: indecisive
Not me!
Not me either! But mine''s a right hand ring.....

widget

Ideal_Rock
I don''t get it....unless it''s the size-per-carat thing...

Asschers are my favorite, and after them, I''d take almost any shape before I''d take an RB.

I dunno...RBs are just so....well....round ....

widget

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE my asschers. Their being small for their weight does not bother me because I''m not looking around for other .5 carat stones to compare my center stone with. And I hate the "bling" look. I think the gleam my asschers give off is far more beautiful than rounds. Asschers seem interesting to me in all lighting, because it has that nice pattern to fall back on, while rounds really only look good in certain lighting. There''s something about RBs that always seem dirty to me, like they''re due for a cleaning five seconds after they pop out of the ultrasonic.

A person advertising herself as in the know said both princesses and asschers are on the way out. I think that''ll just make mine more special :)

I think a lot of people who fall for fancy trends later regret it. Think of all the marquises and pears traded in for rounds. Now it''s going to be princesses and perhaps asschers. You have to really love a fancy shape to get one. If you can''t live without a certain fancy, get the round.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
boy talk about an over the top headline.
out of 300+ that I know of at the most 7 or 8 moved on to other shapes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually think they are gorgeous!!!!! I love my RB but I do admire Asschers. especially this one! It was my screen saver for a long time.

asscherca943204392rt.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh boy! (grabbing popcorn & a stool) ... I guess we should add Lizz to this list too ... she switched out her husband-picked asscher for a halo''d cushion ... hmmm, wonder if Mary Alaina still likes her asscher (it''s internally flawless you know!)
3.gif
-- and there''s closet-Oval lover Gypsy, who flirts with trading in her fiance-selected Asscher from time to time. And Kaleigh who''s sidelined her Asscher RHR for the Oval three-stone whopper!

I dunno - they''re slippery little devils, and I think they''re really only right for a rare breed of complete kooks who aren''t the least bit flashy, don''t give a whit about comparative size, and outright reject the blinding, in-your-face headlight-esque sparkle of round brilliant center stones.

So far the only other diamond cut I''ve seen that even has a CHANCE at turning my head is big, ol'' chunky faceted cushions.

But I''ll always be a Asscher Kook at heart!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Very good question Starry!! I have learned and I will admit it that I am totally a round kinda gal!!
12.gif

For me it is a bling thing. I just don''t feel that my size stone shows off the true beauty of an asscher. My setting has alot of melee and IMHO I just don''t fell the asscher does it justice. I love my setting and just want to try something different. Not to meantion mine is a RHR so I don''t feel any worry about changing it...and I may get a nice pendant out of the deal.

Given the opportunity if money was no object I woud definately want to buy this cartier asscher!!!!!

dreamasscher1.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy....IT"S MINE!!!!!!!!
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think asschers are gorgeous, but my table rubbing twitch prevents me from something like an asscher. I would have little holes at the bottom of all my shirts. Could be costly.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 10:56:52 PM
Author: decodelighted
Oh boy! (grabbing popcorn & a stool) ... I guess we should add Lizz to this list too ... she switched out her husband-picked asscher for a halo''d cushion ... hmmm, wonder if Mary Alaina still likes her asscher (it''s internally flawless you know!)
3.gif
-- and there''s closet-Oval lover Gypsy, who flirts with trading in her fiance-selected Asscher from time to time. And Kaleigh who''s sidelined her Asscher RHR for the Oval three-stone whopper!

I dunno - they''re slippery little devils, and I think they''re really only right for a rare breed of complete kooks who aren''t the least bit flashy, don''t give a whit about comparative size, and outright reject the blinding, in-your-face headlight-esque sparkle of round brilliant center stones.

So far the only other diamond cut I''ve seen that even has a CHANCE at turning my head is big, ol'' chunky faceted cushions.

Hey wait a minute, my asscher RHR isn''t sidelined.
11.gif
I adore asschers!!! I did get an oval ring with half moons for my 20th wedding anniversary. But I still wear the asscher ring.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
post your asscher. I want to see it!!!! Gosh, I would be starring at that Asscher all day! hee hee

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, those two blue stones are AMAZING. I love the colors...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see. I was confused for a moment. LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another PURDY Asscher.

The Graff

graffasscher.jpg

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
IMO, having the right size helps bring out the look of an asscher. If ya''ll remember I just purchased a 6.25X6.21 asscher and I think it''s hard to notice the patterns of it unless i view it close enough.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif

Yes, I still love my asscher! Sometimes I think about resetting it, but I don''t think I would ever get rid of it, unless I got a larger asscher in its place.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I still love mine too, and would never consider trading it for a round, but it is an RHR, and I DO want a round for my e-ring when the time comes. I would, however, definitely upgrade my asscher for a bigger asscher!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love asschers but being a size whore i''d only ever get one if it could be the 5.5 cartier or similar, lol. most of the asschers i have seen are just so darn small for their size. and i hate paying for stuff you can''t see. but man those steps sure are really purty. maybe one day when i win the lotto!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 9:13:16 PM
Author: widget
I don''t get it....unless it''s the size-per-carat thing...

Asschers are my favorite, and after them, I''d take almost any shape before I''d take an RB.

I dunno...RBs are just so....well....round ....

widget
I''m kinda with you except that I wouldn''t even *consider* an asscher under 2 carats and most likely wouldn''t under 3 or 4. They''re the one stone that not only could I feel like i could "get away" withthat size, I''d pretty much have to demand it LOL They just don''t do their magic as well at smaller sizes IMO. If I had unlimited funds I''d choose an asscher over a round, but in my reality I''d get a round before an asscher. I like many shapes etter than rounds but I would choose round performance overshape for my next stone. I''ve got plenty of charm goin'' on in mineLOL FWIF I don''t think cushions really do their thing in small sizes either. Ovals Marquise and Rounds all do well in small sizes.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

bahaha you crack me up :) I think asschers and old cushions actually have a lot in common - sorta... asschers make sense and the old cushions make chaos but other than that... hehehe.... ITA with what you said about rounds but I would still like to have one as a (I''m narrowing it down hahaha) middle right finger ring - - hehehe

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 9:42:38 PM
Author: colorkitty
You have to really love a fancy shape to get one. If you can''t live without a certain fancy, get the round.
I don''t think asschers on their way out and I certainly don''t think princesses are.... princess cuts are too easy to get okay (not to be confused with fantastic lol) looking for the price which makes them very popular. The above is true though.... once I knew the shape for me there was no other shape I really wanted other than the *performance* of a round... but it wasn''t enough.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 10:48:07 PM
Author: Skippy123
I actually think they are gorgeous!!!!! I love my RB but I do admire Asschers. especially this one! It was my screen saver for a long time.
I would give my right arm, and anything else necessary, for this ring! I think they''re super expensive though, so we''re looking at RBs. But really, one day, I WILL have that ring SkippyGirl!
2.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I know that in the past few years asschers have gained in popularity. I wonder if people who liked the look as a trend have simply worn tired of them. Asschers are beautiful, just not super traditional. They''re likely perfect for someone who isn''t exactly traditional, who will never become tired of that uniqueness or crave something more traditional.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results