shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me pick a colored gem!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I have decided to take the asscher out of my RHR and replace it with a colored gem....I just don''t know what kind of gem or what color. I am pretty much open to anything I just want to find what will look best, cause I REALLY love this setting.

I was hopeing that I could get some advice and opinions. I have already talked to Wink cause I want the stone to be cut by Richard Homer. He said I can basically get anything I want since they do not have anything to fit my ring so they will have to source a stone for me. I have attached a pic of my ring, any advice really appriciated!!! I am hoping to have the gem cut using the concave focus style, as long as Richard thinks it will work. I''ll attach a pic of one of his stones with this cut as well.

Thanks KT

RHRKB1.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Richard Homer Concave Focus cut Square Emerald

RHfocus.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Do you like a particular colour? That would help narrow it down a bit.

That spessartite is amazing though!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely the square orange. that setting would sing with that stone!

movie zombie

ps obviously prejudiced towards orange......but that type setting with other color stones has been used so much already. that orange stone above would make that setting sing n a way no other color will. not that i wouldn''t be nice but sing it wouldn''t. ok, obviously really really prejudiced!
face6.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Pandora!

I do not have a particular color in mind. I am open to anything. I am not sure what would look best in the ring!!
I know that makes it hard, but I am just not sure. I like almost every color....excpet maybe purple....haha see I narrowed it down a bit, no purple!
2.gif

What would you put in it?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
LOL movie zombie!!! You have a beautiful ring, a true reason to be prejudice!

I have thought about the orange as well. It is a definate possibility! You are right it would be different. But then I saw a green one , and a blue one, then yellow ect ect ect........and I just get all confused!!!
33.gif

BTW the stone will be small 5.46-5.47-3.66 if that makes a difference.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A nice aquamarine would get my vote.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for sapphires since they are the most durable gemstones next to diamonds and come in most colors! Plus, that is an expensive setting, and I''d want sapphire, ruby, or emerald in a setting like that, speaking for myself.

What are you doing with your asscher?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
RUBY!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
A setting like that you don''t have to worry so much about the durability as it will be protected somewhat by the mounting.

Another unusal stone would be a malaya garnet - which I love, but are quite pricey for good ones.

I''m also very keen on indicolite right now - pala have some gorgeous ones, but not sure how a concave cut would suit one of them - they just shout emerald at me.

Otherwise: Spinel comes in lots of nice shades. Topaz is pretty and zircons are super sparkly.

I''m with movie zombie on the spess though.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emerald, green with a touch of blue.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
DS you would have to ask....
emotion-5.gif

After having an asscher for a while now I have decided that it is not the cut for me. I absolutely love the setting and want to keep it as a RHR. Asschers just don''t have enough "sparkle" for me.... It''s weird I know, but I tried it and just don''t love it. I truly am a RB kind of girl. So i think I will upgrade the asscher to a RB pendant, second ER or something. Once I decided on a gem I will start to think about that. Also I think the center stone being a colored gem will make it look less like an ER and more like a RHR.

I am leaning towards a blue or yellow sapphire or green emerald maybe but I am not sure at all. Sapphire is my birthstone though so that may be a reason to go with it since this ring was for my 30th.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Storm...I knew you would say Ruby !!
9.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Julie. I like emerald as well, goes great with my irish skin and red hair!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora, do you have any pics of the Malaya garnet or indicolite? I am not familiar with them.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Going to be prejudice as well!!

MZ is 100% correct!!! That orange would make that setting sing.. and Richard could get you the perfect orange yummy!!

Do not be afraid of going for something that is not in the 3 commons (sapphires, ruby... emerald is too soft) there are a lot of stones that you can get that will be fine, but just as any stone, handled with care...

OH!! I am excited for you!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
How fun KtIceRN, let me know if you need a mock up
35.gif

Also i think you should keep in mind that melee looks dull and colorless on those Dome pictures, it will be much prettier with colored stones IRL.

Some_colors.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
THANKS PS!!!
35.gif

I love them all!! This is going to be very hard to decide!

Can you do one with a yellow stone?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
OK how about one with a yellow, a red and a pink!!!!

Choices, Choices, Choices!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I had this same debate when I decided to put a colored stone in my Claude Thibaudeau right hand ring. My jeweler recommended a sapphire for durability. I considered all the different colors, but finally narrowed it down to deep blue or intense pink. I finally chose the pink and I have been so pleased. The color is just fascinating to me and it goes surprisingly well with almost everything! This is a fun problem to have.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! LOOK AT THE ORANGE>>>>>>>>>>>>
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for either a blue sapphire or a pink sapphire. LOL Storm, I knew you''d say Ruby!!!!
31.gif
Fun project!!!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 4:47:23 PM
Author: MINE!!
OMG!!! LOOK AT THE ORANGE>>>>>>>>>>>>
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Mine...that is catching my eye as well!!! It is definately different that what I have see around where I live!!!!

A strong contender!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora the indicolite is very interesting. I am not a huge fan of the garnet though.

Thanks sundial!

Thanks Kaleigh. I think everyone on PS knew Storm would go for a ruby, and I am sure he would get an awsome one at that!

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have to admit...that Homer square cut Spessartite is amazing.

You can''t go wrong with anything you choose from him, IMO.

How importance is the rarity of the stone? How big was the Asscher?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Moosejaw, the asscher is 0.91 5.46-5.47 X 3.66. The rairty of the stone is not that important to me. I just want a beautiful one. I do agree that the Spessartite is awsome. I really do like the colors in the stone. That is the exact cut that I want.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks againg PS admin!
emteeth.gif

I like the orange and the pink. I think the pink may be a bit too trendy, and will go out of style but the orange is very unique. I just don''t know.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results