shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me pick a colored gem!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think the pink looks fabulous, and I wouldn't worry if a color will go out of style if you love it and wear the color often! Colors are colors...they don't really go out of style, IMO. I also think an 'island blue' (like a blue-green, similar to what Pandora posted) would look gorgeous as well.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well if rarity isn't a concern you can pretty much go with anything and not break the bank.

I personally like Spess', Tsavorite's...

Obviously if you're going with a gem from Richard Homer, you can't lose on whatever you choose.

I really liked the color of the yellow stone that was posted.

A yellow Richard Square cut Sapphire might be amazing.

My wife LOVES the orange square cut spess.

Also what MIGHT look amazing is a perfect blue tanzanite.

-G

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 5:47:52 PM
Author: KtIceRN
Thanks againg PS admin!
emteeth.gif

I like the orange and the pink. I think the pink may be a bit too trendy, and will go out of style but the orange is very unique. I just don't know.

What do you guys think?
You are welcome, orange and pink eh? Those you can have in one - pad sapphire.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Really????? Please do show me the way!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This pic does not do a justice to those stones, i saw a good ones and they really play a show of colors. A stone for those who does not know which color to pick
9.gif
, like me, i bought color change sapphires too...

Padforassch.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the peachy color above. So beautiful.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I really like that color ALOT!!!!!!!!!

It is very interesting. It''s called a pad sapphire huh, are they really pricey?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
They are, especially considering corundum gems most of the time are smaller for the carat than diamonds, but they worth it imo, be very careful where you buy them from - there are a lot of treated ones. But if a reputable cutter will be cutting rough for you it'll be fine i guess.

If you'd like to see them go to http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=PA2 and watch the movies.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the good ones are.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
That NSC pad is a great looking sapphire.
30.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second ones color better. So more orangish pink than pinkish orange.

The setting has a 5.46-5.47 in it so it would have to fit that. SE or cushion it wouldn''t matter. I just want it to look great. I would probably leave it up to Richard Homer to decide what was best for the partcular rough.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure I''d want to concave cut a really good pad.

They are seriously expensive to lose a lot on the recut. I''d probably see if Wink could find a spinel or garnet in that kind of colour.

They are beautiful though!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Starry I like the second one you posted.

I have talked to Wink who has talked to Richard Homer, and he is going to purchase and cut the rough for me. I just have to tell him what I am looking for. I believe he is going to look in Tuscon if I can decided by then what I want.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I think Wink is doing something with colors today as well as the cut you were thinking about. Its at 12 est I think, you might double check.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good god! that orange richard homer spess sitting in the setting on the first page of this thread is really really special! it is something not everyone will be wearing...and, personally, i like owning and wearing something that i''m not going to see on on someone else and that ring would be it for me.........
face6.gif
it is a bright sun around which everything else orbits! the pad seems pale in comparison, the green is lovely but been there and done that, the yellow has some of the same sun qualities and would be my 2nd choice. the sapphires on this page are interesting but don''t sing. ok, i''ll quit now......maybe!

movie zombie

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh I love the orange on that richard homer but I am not an orange person... just not and never will be, sadly.

I love the peachy pad saph color, though, or maybe a bright yellow? good luck you can''t go wrong!!
31.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 12:25:22 PM
Author: movie zombie
good god! that orange richard homer spess sitting in the setting on the first page of this thread is really really special! it is something not everyone will be wearing...and, personally, i like owning and wearing something that i''m not going to see on on someone else and that ring would be it for me.........
face6.gif
it is a bright sun around which everything else orbits! the pad seems pale in comparison, the green is lovely but been there and done that, the yellow has some of the same sun qualities and would be my 2nd choice. the sapphires on this page are interesting but don''t sing. ok, i''ll quit now......maybe!

movie zombie

AMEN!!!

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
I know I am a lil late on this but since the stone need not be so big, perhaps a paraiba tourmaline with such an intense color might be the ticket... would make the ring very eye catching
10.gif

Paraiba-Tingle-Ring-18.gif

Pear-Paraiba-Tingle-Ring-4.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions.

I missed Winks session today.
emcry.gif
But I hope to catch up with him soon to take a look at a few different stones.

I am leaning towards the orange and yellow......I think.
emsmilep.gif
This is harder than I thought it would be. I want something different that you can''t just go buy at the "maul". That is the main reason I think I want to say away from blue and pink.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Scott that is a very interesting green you have there. It is quite different...

I have not ruled green out yet either after seeing that!!! Thanks
1.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
A good color paribia is going to defintely cost you.... It is my dream stone.....

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have to be the lone descenter I guess...I don''t like the color of the pink/salmon color...

I do happen to like the idea of yellow, orange, or green. :)

Paraibas are costly but could be amazing...

I also saw a wicked tanzanite on Homer''s site, which might be an option.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moosejaw, you''re not alone....next to the spess that pad sapphire looks sick....like in pale sick.

the pariaba is interesting but i''d rank it third in choice: 1-spess 2- yellow sapphire 3-pariba. even then the yellow and blue wouldn''t be as outstanding in my eyes as the spess. i think its because i see so many people with the same color of stones that to see a really good orange is amazing.

i was not an orange person either.....until i saw my spess and i instantly became one! i don''t wear orange clothing either......

movie zombie

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, I love the pink or blue, but, what is your birthstone? Or DH''s? Or any kids''? You could pick a sentimental color of stone...Maybe the birthstone of the month you got married. That gives me an idea! My anni. is April...I guess I need another diamond!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
So I talked to Wink and decided to go woith the Spess. I will have Richard look for one the has a mix of fall colors. Red, orange and yellow. So when it is cut you will see a multitude of colors. I hope that he will be able to find something!!

I''ll keep you posted.

KT

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I enjoyed speaking with you today. I too will be waiting to see what beauty Richard discovers...

Wink

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
That pad sapphire knocks me out!! I want one so bad but so much moola
4.gif
Hmmm I love the yellow personally and then the blue green pandora posted. What a fun project I cant wait to see what you decide!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results