shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is everyone falling outa love with their asschers??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 10:56:52 PM
Author: decodelighted
-- and there's closet-Oval lover Gypsy, who flirts with trading in her fiance-selected Asscher from time to time.
ROFLMAO.

IF I could w/o breaking FI's heart... I would trade mine out for an oval. I fully admit it. I was staring at Kaleigh's STUNNING oval from GOG for about an hour when she first posted pics of it. I'd set it east west with double prongs with a 2 mm micro pave band.

ETA: HOWEVER... if I were to buy a 2.5 to 5 carat diamond of any shape. It would be an asscher. Hands down. I love them... just not so much when they are small.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Now!

I gotta weigh in too. I LOVE MY ASSCHER! Always have, always will. I''d only change it out for a BIGGER asscher if given the opportunity.

Although I do agree with Deco that a nice chunky cushion has some appeal...but me...

I''m an Asscher girl!

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
This forum is heartbreaking. I have a 1.39 ct asscher that is 6.76 x 6.37 so not terrible small for the weight. I got it 12-22-06 and do not go an hour without someone making a fuss. Many women with 1.5-3ct rounds marvel over the beauty and uniqueness of my diamond. Often people from across the room make comments about how sparkly my ring is. It is in a haloe, but a baguette halo so no blinding sparkle their either. I wouldnt trade my ring for anything, but would def take an upgrade b/c who doesn''t want bigger diamonds. I think you can see the mesmerizing pattern so well. I would gladly take the asscher of anyone who doesn''t love it anymore!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of asschers, I find myself checking out the asscher inventory at GOG and JA all the time just to star at pictures. However, in person I find them not as impressive. They don''t sparkle all that much compared to a round, look a bit small, and you have to get your head right up next to it to fall into the patterns unless the stone is honkin large. I''d still love to have one someday, maybe in a fancy color like yellow or in a huge blue sapphire
27.gif

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope they go the way of the marquise, and plummet in price.

So I can get my wife one at a great cost...since she loves the cut.

The cut is classic, but they became very trendy post Sex and the City.

Since so much of the weight is the depth, it is tough to buy anything larger than 2.00ct without completely breaking the bank.

Down with Asschers!

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
I still love mine and I don''t imagine that will change. I always loved the steps in emerald cuts, but preferred the complete symmetry of a round --- and voila --- the asscher is it for me!!! It''s the perfect combination of symmetry and steps!!! It''s problably a function of my obsession with anything and everything Art Deco (mmm --- straight symmetrical lines!!!).

Of course I wish it was bigger some days, but how many people on PS (asscher owners or otherwise) don''t want something bigger?

I agree with Deco that it takes a special breed to appreciate an asscher and want to put up with the maintenance it requires (any little smudge makes me crazy), but I love the fact that mine is the only one that I have seen being worn on the street. I could also fall for a delicious cushion with a big culet --- but that would be in addition to what I already have. I can certainly appreciate a nice big round diamond, but it is too common for me. As always though, to each his/her own.

If anyone needs to give up their asschers, I will gladly give them a home --- although it seems that I have some competition for asscher adoption!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 12:38:01 PM
Author: Gypsy

-- and there''s closet-Oval lover Gypsy, who flirts with trading in her fiance-selected Asscher from time to time.
ROFLMAO.

IF I could w/o breaking FI''s heart... I would trade mine out for an oval. I fully admit it. I was staring at Kaleigh''s STUNNING oval from GOG for about an hour when she first posted pics of it. I''d set it east west with double prongs with a 2 mm micro pave band.

ETA: HOWEVER... if I were to buy a 2.5 to 5 carat diamond of any shape. It would be an asscher. Hands down. I love them... just not so much when they are small.
isn''t it a shame? I feel this way about cushions too.... a 1/2 carat square cushion just kinda looks like a bad round :/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 7:05:53 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/22/2007 12:38:01 PM
Author: Gypsy

-- and there''s closet-Oval lover Gypsy, who flirts with trading in her fiance-selected Asscher from time to time.
ROFLMAO.

IF I could w/o breaking FI''s heart... I would trade mine out for an oval. I fully admit it. I was staring at Kaleigh''s STUNNING oval from GOG for about an hour when she first posted pics of it. I''d set it east west with double prongs with a 2 mm micro pave band.

isn''t it a shame? I feel this way about cushions too.... a 1/2 carat square cushion just kinda looks like a bad round :/
Yeah. I LOVE cushions too. Not just ovals. Since I''ve been on here I''ve developed an appreciation for rounds as well (I''m still with Widget though on the whole roundness of it all, however). But cushions don''t face up large either. A big 2.5+ carat chunky faceted canary cushion is my preferred RHR dream however.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
It''s breaking my heart to see 2ct asschers refered to as too small. The largest asscher in my 3-stone is .53 carats and I think it''s spectacular. You can send all those too small asschers my way, and I''ll provide a good home full of rampant appreciation! A small one might not stop traffic, but who wants to be responsible for a 3pm pile up, anyway?
2.gif

Cehra, I totally think princesses are on their way out. I don''t think asschers are because they were never really "in," and I''m with moose on wishing for a price decrease. I''d love a pendant.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve fallen in love with a 1.21 carat D VVS2 Royal Asscher. It''s not the biggest stone in the display case, but it makes all the other diamonds disappear.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
my asscher and will never even consider replacing it. I will say that I have seen other asschers that do not have the personality that mine has. Mara has seen it up close and can testify that it is a spunky asscher. It has sparkle and the setting helps to make it look like its true carat weight which is 1.21.

I love love love it!

Jormans Asscher.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
And here it is all by its lonesome...

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Whaa! It didn''t attach!
let''s try again...

The Big A.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow Jorman, that asscher's a beaut! Cool setting too!

Smitten, yours is gorgeous too! Looks big!

I can see why you folks love your asschers.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a cool setting!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I know what you guys mean regarding falling in & out of love with your asschers. I was engaged before (broke it off), and had an ideal cut 1 ct RB which was beautiful, and super sparkly, but a lot of my friends had the same engagement ring, and I was craving something different.

When I got engaged last year my husband took me to pick out the diamond, and he wanted me to get a 1.5 carat RB because he loved the size & sparkle. Instead, I REALLY wanted an asscher after seeing them on the internet for ages, so I tried a bunch on. I liked one that was 1.5 carats, but he said it was too small and picked one that was 1.64 carats. Initially I loved it, until I started wearing it around. Everyone who saw it thought that it was only 1 carat. Not that one carat rings are small by any means, but for what he spent, and the size I wanted it to appear, it just looked small. I didn''t know that asschers faced up small until everyone thought it was smaller than it was.

Because I wanted something around 7 mm spread, we brought it back to the store and traded it up for a 2.2 ct asscher. Even though it''s a big stone, it''s still way smaller that an RB would be at that size ... still, I think it looks good on my finger (a size 5).

My ideal would be a 3 ct asscher, but maybe that''s just because shrinkage has set in. My girlfriend just got engaged & fell in love with my asscher, so her fiance got her a 2 ct asscher, but with pave princess cut sidestones. Hers looks a lot more impressive than mine, and I think it''s because of the sidestones. Maybe when our anniversary rolls around I''ll trade my setting for either a 3 stone or micropave
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results