shape
carat
color
clarity

Trade-Ins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

I am looking at switching my e-ring, again. But this time, to a plain (yet classic) round e-ring in platinum tiffany style mounting. I want to trade in my e-ring and hope to get something around the 1.5 range (I understand I might have to pay a bit more)...I wrote whiteflash, james allen, GOG and a few others who had diamonds I liked, but have no idea if they would even take a trade-in....

Do you have any suggestions?

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
The Trade-in/Upgrade policies I''ve read, the Vendors will work with you if you bought your diamond originally from them. If they will take a trade of a diamond not purchased from them,......... I don''t know.

If not,.......... Have you considered a consignment sale of your ring??!! There''s another thread where this is being discussed.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/consignment.56414/

That''s about Jim Schultz at James Allen.

Other Price Scope Vendors may do the same.

You''d make more money that way than selling to a jeweler or a pawn shop. Then you''d be free to deal with any Vendor about any diamond and setting you''d like.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
After reading those threads I am disappointed. I really hope someone would work with me, as I would LOVE to make it as painless as possible....

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have already got a lot of "No, sorry we don''t take trade-ins"....bummer...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You want to get rid of your Asscher??

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Please don't take any offense, but you have made A LOT of changes to your ring. Are you just not happy with the asscher cut?

BTW, I know that Bill Pearlman is willing to put things up for sale on consignment (I think) on his website...have you talked with him?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
How about Pearlmans? They have a whole section under "Great Deals" for Previously Owned.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!

I just looked back at Belle''s Christmas time post.

Belle,......... Your ring is GORGEOUS!!
30.gif

And you have not had it all that long. Why the decision to trade for something new??!!

Inquiring minds wanna know!
31.gif

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 3:24:54 PM
Author: FacetFire
Please don''t take any offense, but you have made A LOT of changes to your ring. Are you just not happy with the asscher cut?

BTW, I know that Bill Pearlman is willing to put things up for sale on consignment (I think) on his website...have you talked with him?

I''m with FacetFire on this one...your asscher is a BEAUTY (even stormworthy, if I might be so bold to say.) Do you just not like the asscher look?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What???? I am so surprised.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 3:25:33 PM
Author: starryeyed
How about Pearlmans? They have a whole section under ''Great Deals'' for Previously Owned.

yep, they do consignment as well as trade ins, so that might be a good option.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about selling but I joined this forum right after my husband had bought me an asscher 3 stone ring. I had always wanted an asscher. Until I got one that is. AFter a few months, I realized I missed the fire of a round and with his blessing traded it in for my current stone and ring setting. It did cost more but we did not lose much. But that being said, it was not my engagment ring. It was a belated 10 year anniversary gift so my husband had no problems with me exchanging it.

And by the way, I have zero regrets. Just make sure its what you want to do because changing can be expensive and metally exhausting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. If you get a round... please consider the Mark Morrel Flame setting. It''s the first setting that''s REALLY made me want a round.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the comments...I really like my ring, and it has been through many changes...and I am starting to wonder if the Asscher just was not "me", despite loving it....So I tried on a 1.5 round and liked the look. We did buy a fake for a two week road test before I make any changes...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What???? I am so surprised reading this, Belle!! But, you have to do what makes you happy. Did you actually speak to someone over at James Allen? I have heard that he works with you on trade-ins.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I know the feeling.... I really, really want to upgrade to an ideal RB, but realistically I would need to get rid of my current RB. So a couple months ago I started asking around. Well, I quickly received a lot of "not interested" responses as for trade ins, but many offered to do consignment. Like you, I wanted the transaction to be quick and painless. Well, it wasn''t going to be quick and easy (unless I accepted much lower offers than I wanted), so I''m back to dreaming. I will just have to wait for now.
20.gif
So I feel for ya
39.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
UCLABelle, sorry for the quick response earlier, but I wanted to give you some facts/options. If you don''t mind though, I''m really curious about your change-of-heart.

I re-read many of your previous posts about the asscher and it sounded like you totally loved it. It IS gorgeous, hands-down. I did get a sense that you were worried about the comments from your aunt and a friend about the bling factor. This is, of course, silly. It''s all about what YOU want - not what others think you should have.

Your fiance gave you a beautiful ring, with a beautiful asscher. This is what is important - your fiance wanted to give you exactly what you wanted to symbolize the love and commitment between you. What does he think of the ring and about you trading it in? I''m sure he just wants you to be happy, but I''m wondering why you aren''t. If you get a RB and your aunt or friend says that it looks too small or too yellow or too whatever, what will you do then? I think you should feel happy and secure with your decision. You have a gorgeous ring on your finger!

The asscher is a very "mature" stone, majestic and stately. As you know, I bought one recently too. Don''t you find yourself staring at it for minutes on end? Falling into it even? It''s a very personal diamond. Only people you care about can get close enough to see it to appreciate it. It''s not for the strangers across the room. It''s not about showing off.

I hope you reconsider trading it in because it would be a shame. We''d all be happy though to help you find a RB if that''s what you really want. Please let us know what''s going on with you?

Pearberry

Rough_Rock

UCLABelle:

What? Are you serious? Your asscher is sooooo beautiful!! I thought you were totally happy after the change! Keep us posted. I would love to hear your thoughts on your trade in. I am sorry to hear that you''re going to let your gorgeous asscher go.

pear

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you really want to do it :{
Im pretty sure Bill Pearlman wouldnt have too much trouble selling it for you for a cut of the price.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not going to criticize you for wanting to change, because I''ve wanted my e-ring to be bigger, different, whatever ever since I got it. However, if you are like me you might tend to change your mind quite frequently. If this is the case I would wait until you know *exactly* what you want before you trade in. Also, consider buying this time from someone with a 100% upgrade policy in case you change your mind again.

If you do decide to trade up, an asscher cut blue sapphire would look awesome in your setting!!! Also, ditto what storm said about consigning with bill pearlman. I consigned a few pieces from him and the process was totally painless, bill was really nice to work with.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for ALL the comments...

After carefully thinking it through, I opted to keep my e-ring, and perhaps buy a RHR/ alternative e-ring with round brilliants (i.e. small 1-2cttw eternity ring)...

I LOVE asschers, and I LOVE my diamond with the traps, but some days, like the other day, I wanted more "bling". Asschers have a distinct look and more subtle sparkle, which is nice...but not great for days you really want "bling"....Hopefully a small eternity ring will help on those days!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I''m glad you''re keeping it, they are just SO classy, and different. Good idea on extra bling!!

Now you''ll have the best of both worlds.
3.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad you are going to keep that gorgeous, delightful, classy ring. But I know how you feel. Sometimes I wish my ring was a different shape. It''s just that there are too many pretty shapes out there. Maybe for your anniversary you can get a round eternity?
31.gif
I love having options of changing my rings around to suit my needs.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Ellen & Gothgirl- Thanks so much! I will look into those eternity rings....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results