shape
carat
color
clarity

Why did the ERD cushion cross the road?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I missed your ring posting Scarlet. I think yours is now one of my all time favorites on here. Period. I love and adore the scoopy head, the tiny beaitiful band, and the east west setting of that beautiful cushion! Perfection! Wear it in the best of health. I was feeling quite grumpy, and your ring has just put me in a cheerful mood. LOVE IT.

ShannonM

Rough_Rock
I know I''m belated here but I couldn''t help but post over here once I saw your avatar. Your ring turned out AMAZING. Have you tried putting a band against it yet? I''m curious as to how the smaller donut works to make the space smaller. Also, I have to ask... did Leon come in above or below your quote?

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...sorry I missed some of these posts!

CJ -Thanks! Graduation is this Sunday and I''m soooo psyched to be done officially! I told Leon I wanted the ring before the end of this weekend so I could gaze at it during my bar study classes when I was bored.

Gypsy Aww...you are so sweet! I''m glad my precious could make your day a little brighter! I know it definitely makes me smile every day!

Shannon- I responded to your other questions in your thread. I''ve tried a couple of bands next to it. The smaller donut helps a little but there is definitely still a gap. And to be honest, I''m not really sure how much smaller he made the donut then he normally does. As far as the quote, he fell right in between the range he gave me (toward the high end). He estimated btwn. .2 and .4 cts. for pave and it came in at .32ct. If I had him stop the pave 1/2 way then it would have been a little less (I think Tiger''s is), but mine goes about 3/4 around.

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Scarlet, we are basket twins!! Isn''t Leon great? Yours is beautiful! I based mine on Tiger''s RHR as well, though I didn''t go with the pave on the e-ring, just on the wedding band. I love yours being E-W -- just lovely! Gorgeous chunky facets, too. Enjoy!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful! It''s definitely classic but with a modernish twist. Completely lovely.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve admired tiger''s ring for years on this site, and now I''m going to admire yours for years!!! I love everything about this ring, the gorgeous cushion, the prongs, the amazing head, and the beautiful delicate pave! It is quite simply the perfect ring!!!

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I absolutely love your ring. It''s a great mix of classic and unique at the same time.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! It''s just stunning!! LOVE the east to west setting! yummy!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Soprano - I know! Do you stare at yours ALL day too???

Thanks anna, just_me, fabcrab, idreamofice!

kcourselle - Thanks! I''m hoping someday to get something like your 5-stone for the other hand.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Just a few quick photos before lunch (Harriet: I''m coming!!!) MORE AFTER LUNCH!

My best friend sent me the prettiest spring flowers for graduation and so I had to do a photoshoot.

ringinlilac.JPG

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
So purdy! Still love the basket!

sideinyellowrose.JPG

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Look at those facets!!!

sparklyinpinkrose.JPG

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
scarlet16, your ring is GORGEOUS!!! I especially looooove the shank!!! It''s delicate yet sturdy looking. I''m secretly thinking of eventually having a new setting made by Leon with a similar shank which i plan to be THE permanent one. the one i have right now just feels too fragile (due to a combination of 1.6mm thin-ness and the pave type that doesn''t have metal borders) and i''m constantly paranoid about bending it.

i have a question...is the height of the ''donut'' part of your ring the same as the height of the shank? i can''t tell for sure from the pictures. if you have a close-up of where the shank connects to the ''donut'', i''d love to see it. thanks!!!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Legacygirl - Thanks!

diamondnut - I can''t believe you''re thinking of changing your setting! It''s stunning!!! But I can''t understand feeling that it''s fragile. The bright cut is definitely sturdy even at just 1.8 mm, and VERY comfy. The donut and the width of the shank are the same height...hopefully you can see from these photos. Sorry they are blurry.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
And this is a close up of one of the older photos

donutshank3.JPG

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
hi scarlet,

thanks so much for posting the additional photos!! i really appreciate it. i''ve been obsessing over whether i prefer what you and i have where the shank connects only to the ''donut'' (is there a name for this style) or a cathedral style shank. i''ll just take my time and think about it carefully...

vs

Rough_Rock
That is one of my favorite settings EVER...congratulations!! I am thinking about having my cushion re-set into something similar.
What was working with Leon like? Did he come in on time and on budget? Just curious. I just got my ring last November (2.17ct.
antique-style cushion from Mark @ERD--anniversary upgrade), so it will probably be a while before I have it re-set. :) Truly stunning!! Congratulations on your engagement and law school graduation.
36.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
diamondnut - I think it''s just called a basket setting. I actually asked Leon if we could somehow turn this ring into a cathedral and he said no because of the design elements. I was trying to get a ring to fit flush. Oh well...

vs- Do you have pictures??? I don''t think I''ve ever seen a thread on your ring! Leon was good to work with but then again I already knew exactly what I wanted going in, aside from a few minor details. Initially, he estimated 4-6 weeks for completion, and I asked him to finish my ring for my graduation which would have been right at the 5 week mark. He finished about a week early. He was definitely on budget, but I chose to go with more expensive pave stones than in the budget so it was slightly above. The quality of the craftmanship is excellent!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I want to dive inside and swim around for a while...

I adore the cut and that you had it set E/W. Pure Leon perfection.

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Oh Scarlet, I ADORE your ring!!!
30.gif
This would be my perfect dream ring if I''m ever going to be engaged!

I''ve been lurking around here for two weeks now and yours is my favourite. Simple, delicate and elegant, classy yet modernish. JUST PERFECT!!! Actually it''s my search for price reference for Tiffany Novo which landed me here but I was a bit disappointed when I saw it real. Mostly because the size of the stone would be too small for the price I can afford and the shank looks a bit too fragile to me. Yours is a perfect modification to the Novo: a rectangular chunky cushion, an elegant basket, E/W setting and a shank with border which gives it more detail and add a sturdy feeling. (So it''s not a Novo anymore!!)
3.gif

This site is really addictive. I''ve been familiarizing myself with different kinds of cushion cuts. I''m mostly confirmed that I like the cut of your stone best. Is it a cushion brilliant with 8 pavillion main? Unfortunately I couldn''t find any cushion brilliant in where I live.
7.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sillysweetie-
Thank so much for the compliment! I''m still loving it!

As for the stone, it is a cushion brilliant, 8 pav. If you''re looking for something like it, I would get in touch with Mark at engagementringsdirect.com. If you tell him that you''d like a stone similar to Scarlet''s he''ll know what you''re talking about.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 12:03:25 PM
Author: scarlet16
Look at those facets!!!
sparklyinpinkrose.JPG
This is my FAVORITE shot
9.gif
GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Hi Scarlet, I suppose Mark is the way to go if I''m ready to hunt for a cushion. But my concern is I''m living in Hong Kong and will only be able to contact him by emails. And if I''m ever to buying a cushion in the U.S. I''ll definitely have Leon to work for my ring. But it seems it may not be that easy to work with Leon in long distance, esp only through emails.

Oops, sorry for hijacking your thread. But your ring is so lovely that I just have to come to see it everyday.
30.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy! I love that photo too! (Love the new avatar btw).

Sillysweetie-I know Mark and Leon both work with people all over the world. I would not hesitate to deal with them by email. I would trust Mark COMPLETELY to find a stone you love. And with Leon, if you know exactly what you want, or if you want to work off his existing pieces, e-mail is fine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results