shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new ring and teapot @stracci2000, you must have quite an extensive Wedgwood collection by now!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 what color
of Wedgwood do you have the most of? Is green the most common color?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 what color
of Wedgwood do you have the most of? Is green the most common color?

I mostly have the light blue, called "Wedgwood" blue...of course!
The green comes in second. Then I have some royal blue, and then black. I have one pink, one lilac and one brown. All with white classical figures. I do have one that's white with a blue figure.
It's all called Jasperware, a type of ceramic developed by Josiah Wedgwood in 1795.
Honestly, none of my pieces are valuable or worth much, but I love them anyway. I think it's the cameo-like raised figures that I'm attracted to.
The first time I saw Jasperware was 1995, in the National Archives Museum in Washington DC. Large fabulous urns and vases hand decorated with classical figures.
I fell in love!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I have only seen black once, they were perfume bottles, I think I sent you pictures of them. Also lilac very few times. Whether they are valuable or not, they bring you joy and that’s what matters.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I have only seen black once, they were perfume bottles, I think I sent you pictures of them. Also lilac very few times. Whether they are valuable or not, they bring you joy and that’s what matters.

I just counted, and I have 40 pieces.
Yes,they do bring me joy!
I love finding them at yard and thrift stores.
It's the thrill of the hunt.....same thing with jewelry, you know!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I know for sure and for this reason I only go to the flea markets once a summer because there is so much jewelry. As my husband says, if he gives me $50 I will spend $75 but once a summer is a treat @stracci2000

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I know for sure and for this reason I only go to the flea markets once a summer because there is so much jewelry. As my husband says, if he gives me $50 I will spend $75 but once a summer is a treat @stracci2000

Only one time a summer?
I would be worried about all the great stuff I was missing! What if there was a big OEC ring in the bottom of an old shoe box, and you weren't there to find it???? Haaahaaa!! (smilies aren't working.....)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only one time a summer?
I would be worried about all the great stuff I was missing! What if there was a big OEC ring in the bottom of an old shoe box, and you weren't there to find it???? Haaahaaa!! (smilies aren't working.....)

Mine aren’t working either so don’t feel bad. I know I’m probably missing out but what I don’t know will save me money in the long run.

I already found my unicorn OEC so now it’s your turn!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine aren’t working either so don’t feel bad. I know I’m probably missing out but what I don’t know will save me money in the long run.

I already found my unicorn OEC so now it’s your turn!

Years ago, we used to go to the big local flea market every Saturday during the summer.
I would hit the ATM and get out $60 or $80. And I would spend all of it. If I had a few dollars left, I would spend it on produce or baked goods just before leaving.
And this was long before I had my vintage booth, I was just a spending fool. I couldn't pass up jewelry, Asian items and curios of all kinds. So I had to stop.
But then again, I still do that same thing only with yard sales!!!!

And honey, I have my OEC, thanks to you!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I’ve had better luck with pawn shops but this past summer we went to a new outdoor flea market and it was amazing. That’s where I got my James Avery pendant and silver watch chain that doubles as a bracelet. It is so hard to stay away but then it’s even more fun when I do get to go. DH is a hunter type, just today he wanted to go poke around one of the indoor antique centers. Instead we took the kids out and bought Christmas jammies at Target and food for dinner, all necessary things.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love this so much!!!!!
The inscription really makes it special, don't you think?

I love this. Is that yellow gold within the white gold? I really want to two-tone antique band but they are few and far between.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love this so much!!!!!
The inscription really makes it special, don't you think?

Yes!!! you dont see many with such preservation it was just a few hundred dollars I was thrilled to find it.

I love this. Is that yellow gold within the white gold? I really want to two-tone antique band but they are few and far between.

I think so. The photos show it way more than in real life..its a super thin tiny band.. I wish there were more contrast but it's very pretty.

Love your new band @blingmeupscotty!

ty ty :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving to all that read or contribute to this thread. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

This card cracked me up!

4FC8D542-B9F8-4F9D-905D-A3329E76824D.jpeg

Yikes! That boy has evil intentions!
Such a funny card!
Happy Thanksgiving Yada!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Happy Thanksgiving right back at ya my bling sister from another mister!

I hope you have a wonderful day and wonderful food!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Happy Thanksgiving right back at ya my bling sister from another mister!

I hope you have a wonderful day and wonderful food!

I'm making lasagna today. I made pumpkin pie yesterday.
I just didn't wanna buy turkey and all the fixins for just two of us!
I hope your new bling ring enjoys her first holiday! If the extended family sees her, will tongues wag??

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 mmmmm pumpkin pie sounds amazing and of course lasagna too. Honestly the relatives might not notice, they are desensitized at this point lol!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I see a new post in this thread, the title jumps out at me, "Who wants to see my haul from today?", and I answer back, "I do! Show me your haul!" LOL! I actually yell it in my head, with great enthusiam. :bigsmile:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I see a new post in this thread, the title jumps out at me, "Who wants to see my haul from today?", and I answer back, "I do! Show me your haul!" LOL! I actually yell it in my head, with great enthusiam. :bigsmile:

I'm always excited to post something here!
You guys probably think my house is full of kitschy junk......it probably is!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope I think you have wonderful, eclectic taste and quite the eye for quality at great prices.

Well thank you for the nice compliment!
The thrill of the hunt keeps me motivated.
I'm always amazed to find those hidden gems that most people overlook.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love what this thread has become, I had no idea it would become a collaboration of unique items and stories when I started it.

Honestly just appreciate everyone who reads, shares or comments on this thread, let’s keep it going for another 75 pages ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, everything you find is wonderful not weird at all. In fact you’re keeping this thread going at the moment, so share as much as you want!

I love that Belleek creamer, the one piece of Belleek I own is a Christmas ornament found at Savers (similar to Goodwill) from 2007, the year our oldest son was born. I’ll take a picture when I pull the decorations out.

Speaking of Christmas decorations, do you decorate for Christmas and if so do you have any vintage decorations? Growing up we had some really great decorations, I have a few things, but not like then. If you have any, I’d love to see them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results