shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, everything you find is wonderful not weird at all. In fact you’re keeping this thread going at the moment, so share as much as you want!

I love that Belleek creamer, the one piece of Belleek I own is a Christmas ornament found at Savers (similar to Goodwill) from 2007, the year our oldest son was born. I’ll take a picture when I pull the decorations out.

Speaking of Christmas decorations, do you decorate for Christmas and if so do you have any vintage decorations? Growing up we had some really great decorations, I have a few things, but not like then. If you have any, I’d love to see them.

Actually, I do not have any vintage decorations. I put up a small table top tree with built in fiber optic lights, and no ornaments. The cat won't leave ornaments alone, so I can't have them! But the tree has the fiber optic lights that change color so it's nice all by itself.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, love those fiber optic trees, we have one for the front window but of course a big tree for the kids. Why is it about cats and trees? Carly likes to chew on the. Christmas lights and Dexter just can’t resist batting at the ornaments.

Had coffee with my neighbor yesterday and she has an English Bull Terrier who decided to lift his leg on her tree. The worst part? It’s an artificial tree that they just bought! At least a real tree gets tossed at the end of the season!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, love those fiber optic trees, we have one for the front window but of course a big tree for the kids. Why is it about cats and trees? Carly likes to chew on the. Christmas lights and Dexter just can’t resist batting at the ornaments.

Had coffee with my neighbor yesterday and she has an English Bull Terrier who decided to lift his leg on her tree. The worst part? It’s an artificial tree that they just bought! At least a real tree gets tossed at the end of the season!

I never thought about that before, dogs peeing on Christmas trees!
Of course when my kids were little, I had lots of decorations, but not now.
I'm not really into the holiday decorating at all.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Picture this:

Yesterday in our local VERY small town consignment store.

I was rolling along the tight aisles and they have kinda sorta things in sections, although sometimes the lines get a little blurred.

I have wanted a really nice jewelry box for a while now, but we all know good quality comes at a pretty high price so I just looked and dreamed. Anyway, as I was going down the aisle with the cheap jewelry boxes, something caught my eye. It was a really pretty gray jewelry box and was quite large. I picked it up…..it was HEAVY!!!! Then I turned it over and you’ll never guess at what was on the bottom….

Wolf for Pottery Barn!! (It’s the Makenna model.)
Yes! Yes!!! YES!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I almost hyperventilated!! It was in pristine condition. The only thing missing was the key. (Do you think I could get another one from Wolf????)

it had all the new padding in it. It had never even been used. I paid $24.98 plus tax for it! Every once in a while I come across a good one. This was one of those times.

I took it home, handed it to my husband, told him this was one of my gifts but it need one or two things inside! LOL!!!! He said, “Alrighty!” and moved on. But he knew how tickled I was and he loves to see me happy. Isn’t that grand!?!?

EEA1E694-4210-4AC7-8832-CB956522FB68.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a great find @LorettaB and I love that color, so pretty!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I also scored a trunk for my son and his fiancee at a estate sale, along with some vintage wrapping paper and a few more thing. I’ll post pictures a little later. Yesterday was a good day.

Yay, @LorettaB !! What a great find!
Don't you love the consignment stores???
If you patiently wait, that thing you want will eventually throw itself in your lap!!!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay, @LorettaB !! What a great find!
Don't you love the consignment stores???
If you patiently wait, that thing you want will eventually throw itself in your lap!!!

I can be very patient but sometimes I wonder if folks know just exactly the worth of what they're doing away with.....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can be very patient but sometimes I wonder if folks know just exactly the worth of what they're doing away with.....
Sometimes I think these kinds of things are gifts that people just don't want, so they are willing to let them go.
I found a small Wolf for Pottery Barn at a Goodwill a while back.
As you and I both know, it's about frequenting these places over and over. Three visits to a thrift store I find mostly nothing, then on the 4th visit, boom, an unbelievable thing is waiting for me!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I think these kinds of things are gifts that people just don't want, so they are willing to let them go.
I found a small Wolf for Pottery Barn at a Goodwill a while back.
As you and I both know, it's about frequenting these places over and over. Three visits to a thrift store I find mostly nothing, then on the 4th visit, boom, an unbelievable thing is waiting for me!

You are absolutely right! It can be feast or famine. Yesterday there were a ton of Chico’s shirts on the rack….some still had tags. Ladies shirts were 1/2 off this past week so I scored there too! I bought four!!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I simply MUST tell y'all about the estate sale yesterday....

The sale was at a home in the city where we have a home outside of town. We go on the weekends because we work out of town (husband drives a truck now and I work for a school district about 100 miles away) and I was down there yesterday to make a deposit at our bank and get some refills at the drugstore. Neither one is a chain or branch....original to our town all the way.

I have drove by this house for forever, headed home. It was owned by the company president for a lumber mill when timber was king at the time back in the early 1900's. It is a beautiful home and I often wondered what it looked like on the inside. It did not disappoint. At all. It was gorgeous and that was only the second estate sale I have been to that had that many contents in it. It was a LOT and I went on the second day.

Wile I was there, I saw a lady older than me who taught our boys in school. In fact, the land we own where our house was built, we purchased from her husband, They have a tennis court in their back yard. Rich as Roosevelt but you'd never know it. Nice as can be and always acts like she's glad to see me. Giving her an "old friend southern hug" I whispered in her ear, "Did something happen to Helen Rae?" "She passed." she said. I said I sure was sorry to hear that. She said, "She had gotten older and wasn't too good at getting around but she had a grandchild who lived in town who would keep an eye on her. The family decided after a while that she needed to go into assisted living and were checking out homes and Helen Rae was with them and they went into the first one and she proceeded to just drop dead.....right there!" I was speechless, but knowing Helen Rae, that was probably her way of telling her family, "Nope, I will NOT tolerate this!" So, she literally DIED before she'd stand to be put in an assisted living home!!

Y'all.....I couldn't make this up if I TRIED!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you like it!
It's called "Dancing Hours"

My home town had a really big museum we would visit every school holidays
on the way into the Egyptian room where the Princess mommy was, was an elcove full of wedgewood
i always found it kind of spooky - but was quite happy talking to the mummy

so when i say i love your new find i really do !

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I popped into the thrift shop today and bought this horse. Now you may be saying "Stracci, why did you buy this weird horse for $3.00?"
Because, dear reader, it's a fabulous collectors piece!
When I turned it over and saw the markings, I may have said "Yeah baby!" a bit too loud...it's a Van Briggle! It was made about 1970.
They are selling online for $100-200+
I cradled it carefully to the checkout.
IMG_20211206_170719500.jpg

IMG_20211206_170735423.jpg

I have one other Van Briggle, this is the "Lotus" vase.
IMG_20180526_171501681~2.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I popped into the thrift shop today and bought this horse. Now you may be saying "Stracci, why did you buy this weird horse for $3.00?"
Because, dear reader, it's a fabulous collectors piece!
When I turned it over and saw the markings, I may have said "Yeah baby!" a bit too loud...it's a Van Briggle! It was made about 1970.
They are selling online for $100-200+
I cradled it carefully to the checkout.
IMG_20211206_170719500.jpg

IMG_20211206_170735423.jpg

I have one other Van Briggle, this is the "Lotus" vase.
IMG_20180526_171501681~2.jpg

cool horse.
but i love the flower vase thing

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think I can finally contribute to this thread but I didn’t get a bargain basement deal like you guys do. However I was smitten with this gold filled fob. I believe it depicts the Roman god mercury or perhaps the Greek god Hermes. What do you guys think?

9CC4063E-C5AE-437F-B975-656BDC89B684.jpeg 51D88C85-EB2E-4863-9910-D99C9A806583.jpeg 308CDAB6-D8D7-4613-89D5-8395A1CD62CB.jpeg

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I can finally contribute to this thread but I didn’t get a bargain basement deal like you guys do. However I was smitten with this gold filled fob. I believe it depicts the Roman god mercury or perhaps the Greek god Hermes. What do you guys think?

I really like it a lot! It's very unusual!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

9CC4063E-C5AE-437F-B975-656BDC89B684.jpeg 51D88C85-EB2E-4863-9910-D99C9A806583.jpeg 308CDAB6-D8D7-4613-89D5-8395A1CD62CB.jpeg

Very nice! Looks like carnelian. I love the ornate links!!
I don't know who it depicts, and I can't see the face that well.
Is there a wax stamp on the end?
And how will you wear it?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Looks like carnelian. I love the ornate links!!
I don't know who it depicts, and I can't see the face that well.
Is there a wax stamp on the end?
And how will you wear it?

It is carnelian I forgot to mention that. As for the stamp question, I will look at it when I get back home. I’m thinking of trying to wear it as a bracelet.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very cool @Mreader! No idea who it is though :read:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

need neck shot !!!!!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jewelry box I found this past weekend didn't have the key with it, so I emailed Wolf and asked about getting a replacement. They wanted my mailing address....they're sending one to me for free!

That was a great find, Loretta!
Now all your fabulous jewels have a fabulous home!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, here is the Belleek ornament I found at Savers years ago, box and all. Our oldest was born in 2007 and we were married St. Patrick’s Day so I was excited to find this.

5F10E631-EEC7-43F1-A3F1-D943FD6EE3A7.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, here is the Belleek ornament I found at Savers years ago, box and all. Our oldest was born in 2007 and we were married St. Patrick’s Day so I was excited to find this.

5F10E631-EEC7-43F1-A3F1-D943FD6EE3A7.jpeg

So sweet! I love the shamrocks, so indicative of their pieces.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That was a great find, Loretta!
Now all your fabulous jewels have a fabulous home!
I have jewelry stuck back in all kinds of places! I have a very small worn out jewelry box that I looked at the other day, only to see it’s a Wolf also. I don’t even remember how long I’ve had it but it is badly in need of replacing!! So now I’m all set!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok guys......
Same thrift shop, new treasure!
I saw this mid century vase, and I had a gut feeling about it. It says '882 Italy' on the bottom. It is 12" high. I took a chance for $5.00.
I spent all day yesterday researching Italian ceramics.
It turns out that is a Bitossi vase by Aldo Londi.
I am over the moon! Some other pieces from the same line are selling on 1st Dibs for $$$$!
IMG_20211210_104712443_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20211210_104705909_HDR.jpg

Below is a screenshot of the matching lamp from 1st Dibs:

Screenshot_20211210-110618.png

And the matching box:

Screenshot_20211210-111139.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @stracci2000 what a find, I am so excited for you! Like literally mouth fell open when I scrolled down to the comps :shock:

Just amazing, good reason to always trust your gut :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results