shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @stracci2000 what a find, I am so excited for you! Like literally mouth fell open when I scrolled down to the comps :shock:

Just amazing, good reason to always trust your gut :dance:

I always look at ceramics in the thrift stores, and flip them over to see the marks. I have overlooked Italian ceramics before, but never again!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@stracci2000 You are a veritable fount of information on these treasures! I just love seeing your finds, and more, learning about them. You could work for Antique Road Show! :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 You are a veritable fount of information on these treasures! I just love seeing your finds, and more, learning about them. You could work for Antique Road Show! :)

Haha! There is so much to know! You've got to have a lot of basic knowledge about everything when you walk into a thrift store. So I read as much as I can.
I was a volunteer when the Antiques Roadshow came to my town in 2014.
It was so thrilling!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
HAH! I knew you'd be a natural for the Antique Roadshow! That is so wonderful that you got to experience all those antiques, and be a part of the production!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Ok guys......
Same thrift shop, new treasure!
I saw this mid century vase, and I had a gut feeling about it. It says '882 Italy' on the bottom. It is 12" high. I took a chance for $5.00.
I spent all day yesterday researching Italian ceramics.
It turns out that is a Bitossi vase by Aldo Londi.
I am over the moon! Some other pieces from the same line are selling on 1st Dibs for $$$$!
IMG_20211210_104712443_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20211210_104705909_HDR.jpg

Below is a screenshot of the matching lamp from 1st Dibs:

Screenshot_20211210-110618.png

And the matching box:

Screenshot_20211210-111139.png

Congrats! What a win!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubby and I dropped by Goodwill yesterday to see if we could find a new lampshade for a bedside lamp. We came home with this $6.50 solid brass table lamp
- shown here after about two hours of polishing. The figure etched into the top part appears to be Mount Fuji, so we figure this lamp was bought as a memento of a trip to Japan. It has been re-wired, but whoever did it apparently re-used the original plug, which appears to be Bakelite.

We’re going to re-wire with cloth covered cord and then use it to replace a 70’s era “heirloom” accent lamp that my husband got from “somewhere” that I’ve never liked. ;-) 1952D8F6-3A67-44B0-8AE7-30C6AA7733BB.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubby and I dropped by Goodwill yesterday to see if we could find a new lampshade for a bedside lamp. We came home with this $6.50 solid brass table lamp
- shown here after about two hours of polishing. The figure etched into the top part appears to be Mount Fuji, so we figure this lamp was bought as a memento of a trip to Japan. It has been re-wired, but whoever did it apparently re-used the original plug, which appears to be Bakelite.

We’re going to re-wire with cloth covered cord and then use it to replace a 70’s era “heirloom” accent lamp that my husband got from “somewhere” that I’ve never liked. ;-) 1952D8F6-3A67-44B0-8AE7-30C6AA7733BB.jpeg

Wow, really super! And with a bakelite plug!
So you can date this lamp 1920s through early 40s. Nice find!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I have read and loved all the posts here- but never contributed.

I am like all of you- I love thrift shops/Goodwill/Savers/The Salvation Army, etc.
It definitely becomes addicting!

Since its the holiday season, I've posted a few of my vintage Christmas ornament collection - almost entirely made by "Shiny Brite". I would need several trees in order to use them all! Some of my favorites are the ribbed "lantern" style.

IMG_5794.jpg IMG_5797.jpg IMG_5798.jpg IMG_5795.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jewelry box I found this past weekend didn't have the key with it, so I emailed Wolf and asked about getting a replacement. They wanted my mailing address....they're sending one to me for free!

did i miss this ?
have we seen a picture ?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@VRBeauty, love your new (old) lamp and bonus points for the original plug still being attached too. Amazing the things you can find at Goodwill.

@Paisley2628, Shiny Brite! We had so many of those ornaments on our tree when I was a kid. Still remember the cardboard boxes they came in too. Your ornaments are so pretty, I bet a tree full of them would look amazing!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have read and loved all the posts here- but never contributed.

I am like all of you- I love thrift shops/Goodwill/Savers/The Salvation Army, etc.
It definitely becomes addicting!

Since its the holiday season, I've posted a few of my vintage Christmas ornament collection - almost entirely made by "Shiny Brite". I would need several trees in order to use them all! Some of my favorites are the ribbed "lantern" style.

IMG_5794.jpg IMG_5797.jpg IMG_5798.jpg IMG_5795.jpg

I am Shiny Brite obsessed!!! I have some and they are treasures to me!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Picture this:

Yesterday in our local VERY small town consignment store.

I was rolling along the tight aisles and they have kinda sorta things in sections, although sometimes the lines get a little blurred.

I have wanted a really nice jewelry box for a while now, but we all know good quality comes at a pretty high price so I just looked and dreamed. Anyway, as I was going down the aisle with the cheap jewelry boxes, something caught my eye. It was a really pretty gray jewelry box and was quite large. I picked it up…..it was HEAVY!!!! Then I turned it over and you’ll never guess at what was on the bottom….

Wolf for Pottery Barn!! (It’s the Makenna model.)
Yes! Yes!!! YES!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I almost hyperventilated!! It was in pristine condition. The only thing missing was the key. (Do you think I could get another one from Wolf????)

it had all the new padding in it. It had never even been used. I paid $24.98 plus tax for it! Every once in a while I come across a good one. This was one of those times.

I took it home, handed it to my husband, told him this was one of my gifts but it need one or two things inside! LOL!!!! He said, “Alrighty!” and moved on. But he knew how tickled I was and he loves to see me happy. Isn’t that grand!?!?

EEA1E694-4210-4AC7-8832-CB956522FB68.jpeg

ohhhhhh
that is very nice indeed ! :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2:
well done 1

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I dropped into a local pawn shop and found a second strand of baroque akoyas...
IMG_20211218_132241779~2.jpg

Here's the thread that explains it all.

Also, my new fav thrift store yielded sterling salt and pepper shakers!!! This shop never checks their stuff, they don't know sterling from a hole in the wall.
Here's the before and after:
IMG_20211218_163709575.jpg

IMG_20211218_193053570~2.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, you are on fire lately, seriously! Those pearls are amazing and the salt and pepper shakers cleaned up nice, great finds. I can see why that’s your new favorite thrift shop :dance:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous, haven’t seen a Fenton piece like that before @stracci2000

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just walked out of a local antique mall with a 14k leaf brooch for $3.99!
It was in a little bag with two other costume pins.
It looked really nice compared to the others, and the pin back was finely made. There was a tiny mark that I couldn't read, and I left my loupe in the car!
Anyway, I took a chance. When I got out here to the car, I could finally see the microscopic 14k mark. Yay! I'll weigh it when I get home.
IMG_20211219_165336140~2.jpg

IMG_20211219_165345231~2.jpg

IMG_20211219_165907520~2.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have it pinned to my pajamas as we speak:lol-2:
I admit, I was really looking for Italian ceramics....!

Ohhh maybe that needs to be a thread….bling and pajamas :evil2:

Of course this only works if you have pretty pajamas you could run out of the house with in the middle of the night and not look crazy. Sadly my husband would tell you that I’m not in that club :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh maybe that needs to be a thread….bling and pajamas :evil2:

Of course this only works if you have pretty pajamas you could run out of the house with in the middle of the night and not look crazy. Sadly my husband would tell you that I’m not in that club :lol:

we definatly need a thread especailly as its winter for you guys
i know that @Lisa Loves Shiny has pajama pearls

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just walked out of a local antique mall with a 14k leaf brooch for $3.99!
It was in a little bag with two other costume pins.
It looked really nice compared to the others, and the pin back was finely made. There was a tiny mark that I couldn't read, and I left my loupe in the car!
Anyway, I took a chance. When I got out here to the car, I could finally see the microscopic 14k mark. Yay! I'll weigh it when I get home.
IMG_20211219_165336140~2.jpg

IMG_20211219_165345231~2.jpg

IMG_20211219_165907520~2.jpg

another great find :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2::appl::kiss2::appl::kiss2:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The thrift store had a 50% off sale starting today on all Christmas items this week. I was in there Saturday and saw sets of Lenox Winter Greetings china. I think it was the plate and saucer (that I'll use for dessert) but they were all boxed up so I'm not sure; only one box was open and that's all I saw. No matter, I was really out for the dinner plates anyway. Replacements has the dinner plates for $35.99 each. I asked my son to be there at 9 this morning and snag them for me. I even told him where he could see them through the window yesterday so he went by and found them. He actually snuck in this morning just before opening (when an employee left the door unlocked...no worries, he's very charming when he wants to be) and got them. 7 sets for $64 dollars. I got a couple of pretties Saturday that I'll post later but I sure am proud of those plates and saucers or whatever else there is in the boxes. winter greeting.JPG Just as long as I got the plates because I am allll about cardinals at Christmas....aka Redbirds down South here. If any of you want a good Christmas book to read, A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg is a wonderful book. Last year, a friend of mine said one of her daughters always read Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory but to her it was sad, even sadder then because of the pandemic and lockdown. I suggested A Redbird Christmas and she loved it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results