shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I like that very much....it looks substantial.
I thought you had another setting picked out...or am I confused...I’m still a little off from your name change but I thought it was you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind, sorry I know things get confusing because I tend to get distracted easily when it comes to sparklies. I was looking at a couple of settings (and posted about them) for the Lightbox but then as I was still searching to find that the perfect setting I found these rings. So I'm going to forget about Lightbox and gift that necklace to my SIL because I'm lazy and would rather not have a project to work on lol! Plus it will look so much better on her.

Yup it's Stephanie Lynn here, maybe I would be more recognizable if I changed my avatar back to my ring.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I’m bad with names IRL...on forums I’m horrible! I know this is you but I wasn’t sure if it was you who posted the other setting which was also lovely.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I’m bad with names IRL...on forums I’m horrible! I know this is you but I wasn’t sure if it was you who posted the other setting which was also lovely.

Oh I am too, I usually have to make a little song out of a name in my head to get it to stick and that isn't even 100% either!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I got out tonight to a slightly illegal estate sale...it was in a large indoor space with only one group 5(max) people at a time.
They had some beautiful old quilts but the rest was meh. I did find this star mourning glass/magnifier with gold reverse painting in the details. It was upside down with the ashtrays and filthy so I don’t think they even knew what is was. I like it though. 1774D19D-DCB2-41BA-A1A9-0FBA0D0C3AB5.jpeg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got out tonight to a slightly illegal estate sale...it was in a large indoor space with only one group 5(max) people at a time.
They had some beautiful old quilts but the rest was meh. I did find this star mourning glass/magnifier with gold reverse painting in the details. It was upside down with the ashtrays and filthy so I don’t think they even knew what is was. I like it though. 1774D19D-DCB2-41BA-A1A9-0FBA0D0C3AB5.jpeg

Ooooh! Illegal estate sale.... Sounds dangerous!
I miss the sales so much. I find some of my best items at estate sales.

This magnifier is delightful! :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slightly illegal...lol @1ofakind

Well it paid off, that is a pretty piece! I can't wait until all the antique places open, I'm going to ALL of them in a weekend :)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock

I just saw these and thought of your magnifier!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we are! The center is about 20 points and the other diamonds are single cuts. I'm amazed the set stayed together despite not being soldered together.

IMG_8436.JPG IMG_8437.JPG IMG_8438.JPG IMG_8439.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we are! The center is about 20 points and the other diamonds are single cuts. I'm amazed the set stayed together despite not being soldered together.

Another sweet acquisition for Yada!
A nice bold look, and lot's of weight, I bet.
Is it gold or plat?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 this set is gold and yes lots of presence which is great. Since the Lightbox diamond didn't work for me this ended up being my Mother's Day present.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought myself a little something from Ebay. I've been looking for another deco wedding band, and this was a good deal at 67.00!
14k yellow gold, my favorite!
IMG_20200515_201127.jpg IMG_20200515_201117.jpg IMG_20200515_201451771.jpg

Smith3

Shiny_Rock

It’s pretty! Good picking

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I bought myself a little something from Ebay. I've been looking for another deco wedding band, and this was a good deal at 67.00!
14k yellow gold, my favorite!
IMG_20200515_201127.jpg IMG_20200515_201117.jpg IMG_20200515_201451771.jpg
Love the band but that pinky ring is insane! It’s fabulous very deco

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, oh I love your new band and I bet it would look pretty fab with your Stephanie ring lol!

Have you ever come up with a name for her btw? I don't know what else to call her since we have always joked it was the Stephanie ring!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, oh I love your new band and I bet it would look pretty fab with your Stephanie ring lol!

Have you ever come up with a name for her btw? I don't know what else to call her since we have always joked it was the Stephanie ring!

Oh, I just call her "Stephanie", or Steph for short.....
When I'm in a silly mood, I call her "Yada" :lol: :P2:lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the thrift stores!
I've been having withdrawal symptoms, so I'm happy the stores are open again.
American Brilliant period(1876-1916) cut glass rose bowl.
IMG_20200522_074135.jpg
A cut glass basket, possibly more modern.
IMG_20200522_065702461.jpg
Three pieces of Belleek, Irish China.
IMG_20200522_074117.jpg
Next, lapis and rhodochrosite necklaces.
The lapis beads are huge and heavy.
IMG_20200522_073624894.jpg
And lastly, a sterling bookmark. I love this! I hope I don't lose it.
IMG_20200522_072655693.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't it feel amazing to be back out there?!

Great stuff, I have never seen a sterling bookmark, that is a surprise.

I was just telling DH I would love to go to an antique shop BUT we are doing a major cleanout so I don't want to bring more stuff in!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Doesn't it feel amazing to be back out there?!

Great stuff, I have never seen a sterling bookmark, that is a surprise.

I was just telling DH I would love to go to an antique shop BUT we are doing a major cleanout so I don't want to bring more stuff in!

you will need to open your own antique shop!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha @OdetteOdile, I am pretty good with not having a lot of stuff (apart from jewelry) but it has been a process.

Quick story for anyone bored. Years ago I belonged to Freecycle which is a board where people will post stuff for free and you respond and go pick up the item. Well I kind of made it my hobby, I remember dragging my oldest son out all over the place, I wasn't bringing home junk but I was constantly bringing home stuff.

My weakness was baby and kid clothes, this stemmed from my childhood. After my mother passed away I was not really looked after and I remember having to cut a piece of fabric from the bottom of my shirt and super glue it into a small hole I was trying to patch up. So I wanted to make sure if I ever died that our son would have clothes. It was totally irrational, my husband (and especially his family would not let that happen) yet I would accumulate all these clothes sort and bag them and store them in his closet. Bags and bags of clothes.

Our house was a mess, I wasn't a hoarder but there was just stuff here there and everywhere. I turned to my husband one day and said "I don't understand why I clean and the house is always a mess" and he turned to me and said "Dear, if you constantly bring stuff into the house it's never going to get better". Lightbulb moment!

So now I have to be really careful about thrift shops like Savers, I don't belong to Freecycle anymore. Now anything I want has to fit in one china cabinet or one of two jewelry boxes!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Haha @OdetteOdile, I am pretty good with not having a lot of stuff (apart from jewelry) but it has been a process.

Quick story for anyone bored. Years ago I belonged to Freecycle which is a board where people will post stuff for free and you respond and go pick up the item. Well I kind of made it my hobby, I remember dragging my oldest son out all over the place, I wasn't bringing home junk but I was constantly bringing home stuff.

My weakness was baby and kid clothes, this stemmed from my childhood. After my mother passed away I was not really looked after and I remember having to cut a piece of fabric from the bottom of my shirt and super glue it into a small hole I was trying to patch up. So I wanted to make sure if I ever died that our son would have clothes. It was totally irrational, my husband (and especially his family would not let that happen) yet I would accumulate all these clothes sort and bag them and store them in his closet. Bags and bags of clothes.

Our house was a mess, I wasn't a hoarder but there was just stuff here there and everywhere. I turned to my husband one day and said "I don't understand why I clean and the house is always a mess" and he turned to me and said "Dear, if you constantly bring stuff into the house it's never going to get better". Lightbulb moment!

So now I have to be really careful about thrift shops like Savers, I don't belong to Freecycle anymore. Now anything I want has to fit in one china cabinet or one of two jewelry boxes!

Oh Stephanie, this story makes my heart ache. I cannot bear to think about you as a child not being looked after and super gluing your shirt. I am sure you are the best mom in the world to your boys. I am sure you do not take any moments with them for granted, given your experience. Your story gave me some tears...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OdetteOdile, at least I had a shirt and glue....gotta look on the bright side. I always looked at my situation as temporary. Like, I just have to get through this crappy bit and things surely have to get better.

I was also determined not to have any dependencies like my father had so our sons would have better and they do. It also helps that we had two boys and I did save the older ones clothes and so far the younger one doesn't complain about wearing them ;-)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, Steph, what a story. I'm so sad that you went through such a rough time. But these experiences made you the strong woman that you are today! I count myself lucky to be your long distance vintage sister!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey thanks @stracci2000, you're a pretty cool chick and I hope to meet you in person someday. Also there is no better caretaker for the Steph/Yada ring, that I know for sure!

Everyone has some "crap", some have more than others, I'd rather have a crappy childhood and have a great rest of life than the other way around. Also much of it is perspective :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results