shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@syd33, they did come from the same vintage shop an maybe from the same person, I sold them because they really aren't my thing but it was fun finding them!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Very cool pendant, never seen one of these before.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Very cool pendant, never seen one of these before.

I think it used to be a watch fob.
My grandfather used to wear 2 intaglio rings with carved Roman soldiers. One was tiger eye and one was hematite. So I'm calling this intaglio 'Dominick' in honor of him!

Last edited:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it used to be a watch fob.
My grandfather used to wear 2 intaglio rings with carved Roman soldiers. One was tiger eye and one was hematite. So I'm calling this intaglio 'Dominick' in honor of him!

That's so sweet! My grandfather was also named Dominick.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so sweet! My grandfather was also named Dominick.

He was born in PA in 1906, of Sicilian parents. Everyone called him Dom. He was a simple man, but he wore those 2 rings everyday.
Was your grandfather Italian, too?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, my grandfather was Italian, from the Naples area. My mother's family was from Sicily.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my husband's grandmother had no hope when we got married "she's Polish, what do they know how to cook?" Lol!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that chain is fantastic with it. You have such great style!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Success! Here is my ballerina jewelry box I found today for $15 smackers dancing ballerina and vintage smell included!

Then just when I thought it couldn't get any better we went to an indoor flea market and I find a Bohl's Ballerina Bottle. Originally these bottles came filled with liquor and the ballerina would look like she was dancing in it! Well the good stuff is all gone from this bottle but she still dances! This was a $10 find which is pretty amazing, these can go for a lot of money. Coincidentally I saw one in an antique shop yesterday and was admiring it but figured it would be out of my price range then today happened :dance:

IMG_9632.JPG IMG_9633.JPG IMG_9634.JPG IMG_9635.JPG

Hey Steph, I was just watching Antiques Roadshow, and someone had one of these Bols Ballerina bottles, unopened. The value was $75-100!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Yay! That's rather exciting. I have that bottle in my special cabinet, the only place in the house off limits to critter and kid alike!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got this band recently, lab rubies but they lean very pink/purple, I put it next to my other lab ruby band to show the difference. I'm calling this my Barbie band lol! Middle picture is the vendor's.

Also waiting on a French cut platinum blue sapphire band that should be here Friday.

IMG_8220.JPG

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8223.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got this band recently, lab rubies but they lean very pink/purple, I put it next to my other lab ruby band to show the difference. I'm calling this my Barbie band lol! Middle picture is the vendor's.

Also waiting on a French cut platinum blue sapphire band that should be here Friday.

IMG_8220.JPG

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8223.JPG

Very pretty! We know you love pink!
But tell me about that solitaire in the last photo....have we seen this before???

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! We know you love pink!
But tell me about that solitaire in the last photo....have we seen this before???

I do love pink! The ring you refer to belongs in fashion jewelry, I haven't made a thread for it but I have shared pics and video on my IG if you want to check it out.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_8220.JPG

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8223.JPG

I love your new band @StephanieLynn . That pink color is stunning!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I love pink on others...but I'm no barbie, lol. It looks great with the solitaire!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love pink! The ring you refer to belongs in fashion jewelry, I haven't made a thread for it but I have shared pics and video on my IG if you want to check it out.

Girl, you never fail to impress me with your amazing collection!:kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girl, you never fail to impress me with your amazing collection!:kiss2:

Oh why thanks Girlie! What can I say I missed having a sizable (to me because for some 1 carat is a side stone!) solitaire so I needed something budget friendly. It was pre-loved :)

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the sapphire eternity, it is platinum with French cut sapphires, my other sapphire band has slightly bigger stones baguette cut. I wanted slightly smaller sapphires to go with this unmentionable solitaire

Solitaire with baguette eternity:
IMG_8239.JPG

New sapphire French cut band:
IMG_8240.JPG

French cut from the side:
IMG_8241.JPG

French cut with solitaire:
IMG_8242.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the sapphire eternity, it is platinum with French cut sapphires, my other sapphire band has slightly bigger stones baguette cut. I wanted slightly smaller sapphires to go with this unmentionable solitaire

Solitaire with baguette eternity:
IMG_8239.JPG

New sapphire French cut band:
IMG_8240.JPG

French cut from the side:
IMG_8241.JPG

French cut with solitaire:
IMG_8242.JPG

Gorgeous!!
Mmmmmm, yummy sapphire!
And the unmentionable is lovely, too!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, thanks honey, I do love a good sapphire eternity. Now I have to work on selling the baguette one.

How is work going?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results