shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is quite the collection @stracci2000!

They are all pretty but the garnet is pretty wow to me. Did you keep these for you or send them on to someone else?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is quite the collection @stracci2000!

They are all pretty but the garnet is pretty wow to me. Did you keep these for you or send them on to someone else?
I kept them all, of course!
Wait till I post photos of all the necklaces......!!!.:eek2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh, can't wait to see, I think I'll do Sentimental Sunday from time to time because so many people have things they buy and forget about, maybe it will inspire them to dig stuff out and share :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew it is hot today! Of course the ideal place to seek refuge is the indoor flea market! This one was a new one for us, not in the best town but figured we would give it a go. Well it turned out to be a very good day!

I got these thrown in with a bunch of stuff I bought which was all toys. The guy said "I don't know if their gold or not". Well they are gold, the top one looks like rose gold and is stamped 10K, the other one is also 10K and has the Binder Brothers mark on the clasp!! To say I was so ecstatic would be an understatement.

So that is my small haul for today, did you find some treasure this weekend? Looking at you @stracci2000 :twisted2:

IMG_7775.JPG IMG_7776.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah baby! Gold watch chains!
Good score @StephanieLynn!
It is super hot here, 99 degrees right now. Yuk.
But anyway, I found a couple things this weekend.
Three Wedgwood blue Jasperware trinket dishes. Not worth much, but the Richard Nixon dish is a hoot!
Also a nice little sterling and crystal toothpick holder with a lions head motif.
And a super cute Afghan hound brooch!
IMG_20180701_170055499.jpg IMG_20180701_165906972.jpg IMG_20180622_125344095.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you got the heat too? It felt like 105 at 3:00 this afternoon...ugh! What's worse is it's supposed to be like this all week sad :((

Anyways you found some great things there, I don't see a lot of Wedgewood in my travels oddly. I love love love the dog brooch.

You know what's funny is I don't even know if anyone reads this thread, I kind of feel like it's just the two of us sitting down and talking about vintage over coffee lol!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I can't edit my post but I used "their" instead of "they're"....ugh. Must be the heat since I haven't broken the wine out yet!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you got the heat too? It felt like 105 at 3:00 this afternoon...ugh! What's worse is it's supposed to be like this all week sad :((

Anyways you found some great things there, I don't see a lot of Wedgewood in my travels oddly. I love love love the dog brooch.

You know what's funny is I don't even know if anyone reads this thread, I kind of feel like it's just the two of us sitting down and talking about vintage over coffee lol!
Yeah, @StephanieLynn, it's just me and you.
My budget is somewhat limited,(LOL!!) so these little vintage finds thrill me!
I've always been interested in "old stuff". Dad used to take me to the flea market with him when I was a kid, and I've been hooked ever since.
I'm still looking for a 2 ct. diamond in an old box of junk at a random yard sale. 'Cause that's the ONLY way I'm ever gonna get one of those!

Steph, you're such a sweetheart! I'm sure we could talk for days about our collections!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I feel you on the limited income we are four people and eight pets living on one income plus my side hustle vintage shop.

I think anyone who is really into vintage has a gateway person that got them into it. For you it was your dad and for me it was my sister-in-law, she went every Saturday and Sunday and I went along with her!

Your comments about finding the two carat diamond reminded me of this trashy show we watch called Storage Wars Canada and the woman found a $50,000 ring in a storage locker once, she wears it on the show and calls it her lucky ring. So yeah unless I get that kind of a break I will never be a high roller on PS. It would have to be a deal though. No retail for us!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think anyone who is really into vintage has a gateway person that got them into it.
Haha, I like this! Like pot is the gateway drug to the hard stuff....after all, hunting collectibles is an addiction!

the woman found a $50,000 ring in a storage locker once
I guess this is possible, maybe.......
But a more likely scenario would be finding big bling hidden in the lining or pocket of a vintage coat from the thrift store!
I'm always hopeful. I have found jewelry on sidewalks, parking lots and in the grass after an event. But nothing fabulous. My mantra is "never give up, always look down!"
Maybe I should invest in a metal detector. Finding old coins and jewelry sounds like fun. But I have looked at detector websites where people post their finds. No one ever finds a 2 ct. diamond ring. *Sigh*

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm here, too--I love this thread!! I enjoy seeing these finds. That Afghan brooch is adorable and those gold chains are really pretty. I, too, dream of finding a huge diamond ring. My day dream scenario is that I buy an old jewelry box full of crappy costume jewelry for cheap, and when I look through it I find an exquisite ring in a hidden compartment. I've been too busy the past two weekends to go out flea marketing (moved my elderly dad to my brother's last weekend and celebrating my twins' 19th birthday today). I did snag an adorable brooch on Etsy and am waiting to have it delivered. It looked so cute and was very inexpensive, so I couldn't resist. Should be here tomorrow or Tuesday, I think.

Bikini Brooch.jpg

Bikini Brooch Back.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm here, too--I love this thread!! I enjoy seeing these finds. That Afghan brooch is adorable and those gold chains are really pretty. I, too, dream of finding a huge diamond ring. My day dream scenario is that I buy an old jewelry box full of crappy costume jewelry for cheap, and when I look through it I find an exquisite ring in a hidden compartment. I've been too busy the past two weekends to go out flea marketing (moved my elderly dad to my brother's last weekend and celebrating my twins' 19th birthday today). I did snag an adorable brooch on Etsy and am waiting to have it delivered. It looked so cute and was very inexpensive, so I couldn't resist. Should be here tomorrow or Tuesday, I think.
Bikini Brooch.jpg

Bikini Brooch Back.jpg

Yay, @natasha-cupcake! The more the merrrier!
We wanna see all your finds, too! I love brooches and pins.
OMG, that's a bikini pin----awesome!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake, I'm so glad it's not the Steph and Stracci show lol! That bikini pin is freakin awesome!!

See you and @stracci2000 are hoping for a two carat but I'd be happy with one and a half in an OEC, that's not asking so much right? :cool2:

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
OMG, I just found this thread and need to follow it. I LOVE vintage!!

I’m big into vintage barware, milk glass, glassware, jewelry and accessories, and furniture. For me, it was loving Fenton milk glass in the hob nail pattern that started it all.

I think I got it from my uncle although I didn’t spend a whole lot of time with him and he passed away in my early 20’s. But no one else in my family is into vintage or going on the hunt to find unique treasure. I did inherit some furniture and decor from him that I’ll never get rid of. My mother inherited his gorgeous Gampel Stoll elephant console table and bamboo mirror and she just thought it looked nice. I’m the one that told her who designer was.

I need to take some pics of my finds and post them. I’ve run out of room for things in my small house and had to pack some of my precious finds and put in storage. Hubby teases me to rent a booth at a local antique store.

:appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby teases me to rent a booth at a local antique store.
That's what I do!
I looked around the house, and decided that I could probably fill a 10x10 booth with all my weird stuff.
Please post photos, we'd love to see that elephant table!!!

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
That's what I do!
I looked around the house, and decided that I could probably fill a 10x10 booth with all my weird stuff.
Please post photos, we'd love to see that elephant table!!!
I’m going to see my mom this weekend so will get some pics of her table.

We are in the process this week of reorganizing a spare bedroom with as many IKEA billy bookcases as we can fit. iI’m going to start pulling boxes out of the storage unit and get things organized in the bookcases. I will post pics. :mrgreen2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome aboard @shoechick! Can't wait to see all your treasures.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm enjoying this thread guys living vicariously through you; two (not particularly even tempered) small children means anything other than online shopping is out for me!
Great finds on the necklaces @StephanieLynn so pretty

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hubby and I are going to try and hit a few pawn shops on Saturday. The owner of one told me he had a few .25-.5 carat OEC rings that he would bring over from another one of his stores. Meanwhile, my little rhinestone bikini brooch came in yesterday. It's cute and very sparkly!
Bikini Brooch 5.jpg

I found this Citizen Eco-Drive watch at a pawn shop about a month ago. They were asking $235 for it and came down to $185. I decided to pass on it (way too much money for me). Then I found the identical model, in great condition, on Ebay for $55, so I bought it. It has diamond accents and a pretty mother of pearl face. I love the way it looks with my wedding set.

Watch.jpg Wedding Band 8.jpg

Attachments

• Bikini Brooch 4.jpg
    Bikini Brooch 4.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 92

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake, I adore that pin set and that's a great deal you got on the watch. You have better luck than me with these pawn shops, apart from my coin guy there really isn't any place I've found with old cut diamonds. Can't wait to hear and see what you find!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby and I are going to try and hit a few pawn shops on Saturday. The owner of one told me he had a few .25-.5 carat OEC rings that he would bring over from another one of his stores. Meanwhile, my little rhinestone bikini brooch came in yesterday. It's cute and very sparkly!
Bikini Brooch 5.jpg

I found this Citizen Eco-Drive watch at a pawn shop about a month ago. They were asking $235 for it and came down to $185. I decided to pass on it (way too much money for me). Then I found the identical model, in great condition, on Ebay for $55, so I bought it. It has diamond accents and a pretty mother of pearl face. I love the way it looks with my wedding set.

Watch.jpg Wedding Band 8.jpg
Ebay comes through, again! If you are patient, and look every day, you will probably find exactly what you want, for way less! Good find on the watch!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@shoechick, I love those pieces it almost looks like the brooch and bracelet could be worn together like a matched set. Very Pretty!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
98CA75F9-F127-4494-8532-CF88CDD00DB0.jpeg 48EB3472-234B-432F-960A-CFF3DDB6F774.jpeg

Top brooch is unsigned. Bottom is Sherman. In cas you haven’t noticed, I’m a sucker for anything sparkly!
I especially love the bottom brooch!...they used to call those iridescent stones "aurora borealis"

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love:Ooooh, the rhinestones remind me of my Grammy !!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results