shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
4149F881-AB47-4106-B26F-7569D8380211.jpeg
Quarter sawn oak Victorian high back full-size bed, soon to be thinly whitewashed with milk paint. Been looking for one like this forever but they were always too expensive! This one was only $100 #score
I LOVE this! Please post an after photo!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay here we go, the first one is the one I paid $3 for at an indoor flea market and the other was an EBay find that was $15 but that is the one that has the dog I really wanted. You can see the size difference, the three dollar one is huge in comparison. Musical powder boxes.

IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.JPG IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3908.JPG IMG_3909.JPG
I have never seen anything like this before! So interesting!
1930's, maybe?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, they can date as early as the 20's. I've never seen one in person before until this weekend.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of necklaces I picked up over the past two weeks. The top is a garnet cluster necklace in silver and the other is a hematite pendant by Alice Caviness with some pretty metal work.

IMG_4035.JPG IMG_3853.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of necklaces I picked up over the past two weeks. The top is a garnet cluster necklace in silver and the other is a hematite pendant by Alice Caviness with some pretty metal work.

IMG_4035.JPG IMG_3853.JPG
They are both pretty!
I especially like the garnet pendant. Bohemian vibe going on there!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick shot of today from Cheers, but I'll post the individuals later. She got a call from her gold dealer and I heard her talking about a three carat diamond Tiffany that might be coming in :-o

IMG_4070.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay from the top:

Vintage Whiting and Davis mesh bag
Mickey Mouse Sterling signet ring
Silver spoon ring
12K gold filled etched cross
Marcasite Sterling moon
Black Hills Sterling cross
Pink cz Sterling Pendant
Krementz 12k gold fill watch chain

The three carat diamond did not come in while I was there, she said if it comes in around an I color SI1 clarity non-enhanced she will offer him somewhere between 12-15k, she will probably charge 20k. This is if it's not genuine Tiffany of course.

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG IMG_4074.JPG IMG_4076.JPG IMG_4077.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another little trinket, this one is silver with foil back paste stones in a bypass setting with two little baguettes, it's really a gorgeous little ring. When I got it one of the baguettes was missing so I found a brooch that had the same shape and size stones and threw one in here. Made by Macgrath Hamin which later became Vargas.

IMG_4166.JPG IMG_4167.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake, thanks I'm trying to get back in the groove with things. I have some competition now though because there is this guy that makes the rounds with the pawn shops in the area and her buys the same stuff as me. He comes in 5 minutes after she opens and spends a couple hundred everyday! Mind you he does this five days a week, but he said it makes him happy so I say good for him if he's got it like that.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake, thanks I'm trying to get back in the groove with things. I have some competition now though because there is this guy that makes the rounds with the pawn shops in the area and her buys the same stuff as me. He comes in 5 minutes after she opens and spends a couple hundred everyday! Mind you he does this five days a week, but he said it makes him happy so I say good for him if he's got it like that.
Ooooooh, doesn't this make you mad?
I mean, you've had that shop all to yourself all this time, and now this guy is elbowing you out of the way. It "makes him happy", because he's reselling it somewhere. I think you should get a part time job there, so you can get the good stuff first.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I admit that when she pulled out all this jewelry for him to look at yesterday without asking me first I was a little miffed BUT I don't believe he is a reseller, more likely that he is a hoarder. I say this because he bought a ring at another pawn shop yesterday and paid $500 (he had the receipt on him and everything) and he decided he doesn't like it so he wanted Cheer's owner to keep it until she found him something he liked. It totally doesn't make any sense because he could just return it to the original pawn shop but he didn't want to deal with them.

I think I have figured out how the Cheers lady works, if you get too "greedy" ask too many times if she has anything new she will say she doesn't have anything. It's kind of bizarre but for example today she had this guy call asked if she had any jewelry and she told him she had some stuff and to come down but when Joe asked about jewelry earlier this morning and when I asked she said she didn't have anything new. Almost like she has to spread it around so there is enough for everyone or something.

If I end up working there in the fall when the little guy goes to school I get to run the tool building in the back.....yay tools! :confused2:

Tell me you found some amazing treasure when you were out this weekend.....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a yard sale across the street, where I found a McCoy pottery bowl for $3.
But that's all I had time for. I had some other things going on both Friday and Saturday, and I couldn't get to the estate sales, or any other yard sales.
Hopefully this weekend I will find a 2 ct. OEC in the bottom of a shoe box at a yard sale.:lol:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There was a yard sale across the street, where I found a McCoy pottery bowl for $3.
But that's all I had time for. I had some other things going on both Friday and Saturday, and I couldn't get to the estate sales, or any other yard sales.
Hopefully this weekend I will find a 2 ct. OEC in the bottom of a shoe box at a yard sale.:lol:

Oh my goodness, you must be reading my mind!! This is how I think, too. :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was curious do you sell somewhere? I know if I read back over hundreds of posts I could find the answer, but........

I enjoy seeing all your new goodies!

Aw thanks. I have an online store mainly selling vintage toys. I don't sell much jewelry because people would rather relive their childhood which means more sparklies for me!

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Aw thanks. I have an online store mainly selling vintage toys. I don't sell much jewelry because people would rather relive their childhood which means more sparklies for me!
Ah, gotcha! You find such neat stuff. I liked that triangular shaped pink stone necklace. My Mom doesn't wear necklaces much now, preferring rings and bracelets so she can see them! She would like that one, but wouldn't wear it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @SparkleFest, that pendant is one of my project pieces because it's supposed to have a necklace attached on either side. So at some point it will be rehabbed.

I am in the same camp as your mom, I like rings because I can admire them as much as everyone else!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a few estate and yard sales today.
Presidents pitcher dated 1965
An interesting wood composition American Indian cigarette holder and ashtray, probably Mid Century
Faux tortoise shell pill box
Hobnail glass trinket box
Goldtone Napier trinket box
14k gold "S" charm
Sterling ring, and 2 pins.
And of course a spitoon.
IMG_20190405_193311562.jpg IMG_20190405_193543910.jpg IMG_20190405_193711081.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another little trinket, this one is silver with foil back paste stones in a bypass setting with two little baguettes, it's really a gorgeous little ring. When I got it one of the baguettes was missing so I found a brooch that had the same shape and size stones and threw one in here. Made by Macgrath Hamin which later became Vargas.

IMG_4166.JPG IMG_4167.JPG
I love all this stuff. The moon pendant is really cool. And that twin style ring is awesome!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey hey vintage peeps,

I was going to show a picture of my haul from yesterday but all it would be is a pile of brush from yard work we did yesterday :sick:

Add to that Cheers is on vacation until the 16th and well, it's set to be a boring week. So share your finds if you have any!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, that presidential pitcher is a total hoot and hey you found my initial charm! Of course love the jewelry, the crab is great, what are the two little blue stone things? I'm thinking pins but they look like earrings and very Deco but hard to tell on my phone.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, that presidential pitcher is a total hoot and hey you found my initial charm! Of course love the jewelry, the crab is great, what are the two little blue stone things? I'm thinking pins but they look like earrings and very Deco but hard to tell on my phone.
The blue thing is a brooch. I already took it to the antique mall, so I don't have better photos.
I thought the pitcher and crab pin were funny, too!
Vintage is frequently comical, don't you think?:lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This fun vintage ring was at an estate sale today. It's a little bit like the ring you recently showed, @StephanieLynn
Not a diamond! But a very cool OEC-like paste stone set in sterling. 1930s-50s?
IMG_20190412_175201.jpg IMG_20190412_175223.jpg IMG_20190412_173158610.jpg IMG_20190412_173357453.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think vintage can have a sense of humor and that is part of the charm too.

I adore that paste ring you found, I'd have to wear that for a while before selling, you know for good luck.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think vintage can have a sense of humor and that is part of the charm too.

I adore that paste ring you found, I'd have to wear that for a while before selling, you know for good luck.
Oh yeah, that "Lucky Vintage" thing! I forgot about that!:mrgreen2::lol-2::lol:
I happen to have a loose CZ that fits in the setting perfectly, and I considered replacing the paste stone. But upon comparing the two, the paste stone looked better, in a chunky-facet way, you know?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I love paste stones and that one looks really nicely cut so maybe make a setting for the cz and rock this one as is?

You know I was thinking I haven't seen you on much lately, I was a little worried but then thought maybe you had an especially busy week.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I love paste stones and that one looks really nicely cut so maybe make a setting for the cz and rock this one as is?

You know I was thinking I haven't seen you on much lately, I was a little worried but then thought maybe you had an especially busy week.
I had to drive to Amarillo for a work event, so I was MIA for a few days. Thanks for thinking of me!
While I was there, I met a lovely engaged girl who was rocking a 1.2 ct. MRB. Naturally I had to comment on her sparkly ring. We got into quite the diamond discussion!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 well just glad you are okay and hey I bet you really made that girl's whole week by commenting on her ring and talking diamonds. Way more fun than work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results