shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 what cool finds! Hey maybe I can borrow your Indian manuscript if I ever have my boobs lifted, you know so they'll brush my chin instead of my knees lol!

I'm always amazed at finding antiques like that soapbox, just the fact that they stayed intact after all those years is pretty amazing!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I went to a church rummage sale and found these @stracci2000, I have no idea what they are, do you know?

IMG_3592.JPG IMG_3593.JPG

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very cool finds, @stracci2000! Are those lidded jars, @StephanieLynn? Is it the same one in each picture, or two different ones? They look like they should hold cold cream or some other type of cosmetic. Very pretty!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake yes there are two of them, I only posted one but they look exactly the same. You are right I think they are powder jars, pretty sure from some quick research. I paid $2 for them :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake yes there are two of them, I only posted one but they look exactly the same. You are right I think they are powder jars, pretty sure from some quick research. I paid $2 for them :appl:
Yes, for powder or cream. I guess you would transfer the product into a pretty container. Seems like too much trouble :lol:
But I do like the romantic couple!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday, I was walking around my Antique mall, and I saw this incredible piece of furniture.
It's an 1880s cabinet with a Wedgwood inset. OMG.
There was no price, so I will inquire next week when I go back.
Yes, the inset is fractured, but still....OMG. Made my heart all aflutter!
IMG_20190308_132808865.jpg IMG_20190308_132800515.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And today we set out for the estate sales. Three or four were listed in the newspaper.
But somehow we took a wrong turn and got transported back in time! We fell into some sort of time warp and ended up at a Medieval event. It is the Society for Creative Anachronism. They do Medieval reenactments. These people know how to have fun! I enjoyed watching the procession and sword fighting. All the costumes were very authentic. I wanted to come home and whip up a groovy woolen shift with a head shawl and wimple!
IMG_20190309_122635.jpg IMG_20190309_122723.jpg IMG_20190309_122754.jpg

Last edited:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, that looks like fun!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 I got a little giggle out of your detour today, hey if you can't spend time with vintage things might as well spend time with vintage people!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not exactly a "haul" but DH came home today with two freezer bags of his mother's jewelry. She is terminally ill so they are taking the valuables out since there are so many people coming in and out.

When I tell you guys there were earrings as big as my hand it is no exaggeration, and lots of costume. Then there among all this other stuff was this wedding band, 14K with diamonds (one diamond is missing) I have seen this ring in my searches before on Etsy Lohengrin makes a ring that looks like this. Probably not the best picture and I'm sure the diamonds are filthy but the prongs are shot so I didn't want to mess with them.

IMG_3700.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not exactly a "haul" but DH came home today with two freezer bags of his mother's jewelry. She is terminally ill so they are taking the valuables out since there are so many people coming in and out.

When I tell you guys there were earrings as big as my hand it is no exaggeration, and lots of costume. Then there among all this other stuff was this wedding band, 14K with diamonds (one diamond is missing) I have seen this ring in my searches before on Etsy Lohengrin makes a ring that looks like this. Probably not the best picture and I'm sure the diamonds are filthy but the prongs are shot so I didn't want to mess with them.

IMG_3700.JPG
Your DH was smart to do this. When my grandma was in an assisted living apartment, her jewelry seemed to slowly disappear, because there were so many people coming and going. Cleaning people, food delivery, unscrupulous relatives, etc.
She had given some choice pieces to me years before, and I'm very grateful to have them.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 that is so terrible about your gramdother's things getting pilfered. At least she gave some to you so you have some treasured pieces to remember her by.

My MIL is an odd duck, she is kind of like dealing with the CIA, everything is a secret. She has these silver certificates that should be in her safe but instead she keeps them in a book and wraps them in plastic wrap. She collects random change and then tapes the coin to a piece of paper with a description and we found out today she likes to hoard paper :confused2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 that is so terrible about your gramdother's things getting pilfered. At least she gave some to you so you have some treasured pieces to remember her by.

My MIL is an odd duck, she is kind of like dealing with the CIA, everything is a secret. She has these silver certificates that should be in her safe but instead she keeps them in a book and wraps them in plastic wrap. She collects random change and then tapes the coin to a piece of paper with a description and we found out today she likes to hoard paper :confused2:
I imagine you will be finding out a lot more about MIL in the near future.
And you are wonderful for being nice to her even though she's been rude to you in the past.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New band is here, it's the one on the bottom, very similar to my existing one. The white gold band in the middle is slightly too small so down the road I'd like to get s thin yellow gold band to go between the two diamond bands.

IMG_3702.JPG

@stracci2000, thanks for the kind words, MIL and I both have issues/baggage/limitations whatever you want to call it and between the two of us they just clash, it's unfortunate.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
New band is here, it's the one on the bottom, very similar to my existing one. The white gold band in the middle is slightly too small so down the road I'd like to get s thin yellow gold band to go between the two diamond bands.

IMG_3702.JPG

@stracci2000, thanks for the kind words, MIL and I both have issues/baggage/limitations whatever you want to call it and between the two of us they just clash, it's unfortunate.
Omg @StephanieLynn! How do you find these treasures!?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_3702.JPG

Wooo liking that stack @StephanieLynn :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @InsecureSweetGirl and @meely so far I feel like I've been struggling to figure out how to stack but I think I got it!

@Mamabean, this came up on LT on Friday morning but it had been up for 12 hours by the time I inquired and luckily it was still available. Super lucky because getting these rings in bigger sizes (without evidence of resizing) is a challenge.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You sure found some great items @StephanieLynn!

Love the mirrors @Mamabean. A whole grouping going up the stairs will look gorgeous! Thank you for the idea.
Thank you @Calliecake! I really don’t have enough to out them up the stairs so I would have to store them until then. I literally get upset when I have to let one go! :cry2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , Your stack looks gorgeous. The bands look beautiful with your diamond

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_3702.JPG

Steph, that OEC and those bands are just making me scream! Love them all!:love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @Calliecake and @stracci2000, these bands are literally exactly what I was looking for, not wide with a little sparkle. We all need a little sparkle after all ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need some advice on this plate, picked this up at Goodwill today for $5. I bought it with the intention of using it to make wind chimes with this plate as the top and some pretty silverplated silverwear for the chimes.

Well on the back it has an Eagle mark WM Rogers Star mark and 170 underneath that. So it looks like this is silverplated, would it be totally criminal to convert this? I mainly bought it because it has the openings all the way around which makes it a lot easier to attach the chimes but the purist in me is hesitant now.

IMG_3737.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture of the back:

IMG_3738.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn,
Go for it.
Those trays are pretty common. And it's plated.
If it was something great, there would be a "sterling" mark.
I love to look through all those piles of silver plate in the thrift stores. Sometimes they yield treasure!
Show us what you make from it!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
4149F881-AB47-4106-B26F-7569D8380211.jpeg
Quarter sawn oak Victorian high back full-size bed, soon to be thinly whitewashed with milk paint. Been looking for one like this forever but they were always too expensive! This one was only $100 #score

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_3702.JPG

Love the stack!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4149F881-AB47-4106-B26F-7569D8380211.jpeg
Quarter sawn oak Victorian high back full-size bed, soon to be thinly whitewashed with milk paint. Been looking for one like this forever but they were always too expensive! This one was only $100 #score
This is definitely a score! I think it will look incredible with a milk paint whitewash--very shabby chic. I've been looking casually for something similar because I'm bored with my furniture store matched bedroom set. I haven't bought anything because I want to keep my dollars around for bling, not furniture, but at $100, I'd have jumped on this, too!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
This is definitely a score! I think it will look incredible with a milk paint whitewash--very shabby chic. I've been looking casually for something similar because I'm bored with my furniture store matched bedroom set. I haven't bought anything because I want to keep my dollars around for bling, not furniture, but at $100, I'd have jumped on this, too!
Thanks! Id like to keep my bling budget just as you say but after MarieKondo-ing this spring, I no longer had a bed frame! And as soon as I saw this one, this was the expression I sensed from it. It totally matches my personality.
598A6B4E-F84F-4E0D-9DDA-109C436AD637.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results