shape
carat
color
clarity

Who can duplicate this setting?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is both stunning and huge! I'm sure your girlfriend will be thrilled with it! As for the proposal - since you'll be in New York City during the holiday season, how about incorporating something iconically NYC holiday season? Like the Rockefeller Center ice rink, maybe?

I'd suggest getting one of the department stores to incorporate a "will you marry me" sign in one of their window displays, but I think that might be a bit hard to pull off... especially if you're doing most everything together while you're in the city.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cloisters?

I've always wanted to visit the cloisters!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's a stunner!! She's gonna love it :love: .

Maybe google "proposal ideas in NYC." I bet there are tons of cool options.

maxandsam

Rough_Rock
I'll let you know what I end up doing.

Ahhhhh I can't believe that I am going to be doing this! I never thought that I would actually get married!

I already insured it for full value with $500 deductible. Better not lose it on the plane!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
maxandsam|1448999999|3956082 said:
It's gonna blow her mind!

Said it before, and yet again! This one is a good fella to marry! Priorities are exactly where they need to be! :) :). Lol!

It does look amazing! Well done!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Marriage is great! Hard work (and a few fights), but great! Kids will add a whole other twist :) ! Lol!

Keep us updated!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous outcome. Great choice and Victor did an amazing job.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
It is a real beauty but why do people put round stones in square settings lol it would drive me nuts if it was mine

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Sphene|1449050289|3956358 said:
It is a real beauty but why do people put round stones in square settings lol it would drive me nuts if it was mine

Lol! It simply boils down to personal taste :) :). I have a wonderful new RB centerstone. When considering a halo setting, hands down my husband & I perfered the look of the RB in a cushion halo over the round halo. No question. Just what my eyes prefer :) :)
Reverts back to the old discussion of 4 prongs vs 6 on a RB. Four squares the diamond off a bit. Some like, some feels it steals away from the shape of the RB. :) :) Always an interesting topic. :)

Back to MaxandSam:

I need to state publicly, if your fiance doesn't like it (which won't be the case, all in jest), I'll be happy to wear it! I will have to fight a few PSers & generate a convincing tale to explain the new ring to my husband. LOL! But, she is going to LOVE it!! It's stunning! :) :) :) :) Wow!

Congratulations on your soon to be engagement and please update us! :) How exciting! :dance: NYC!

maxandsam

Rough_Rock
Well I am back from NYC and I did it and she loves it! (of course she would). Even I love this ring. It's so shiny and sparkly even in the dark.

So I had the ring in my pocket the whole time and afraid to lose it. We went to dinner at Le Bernardin and then went to see Rockefeller Christmas Tree and did more sight seeing, but nothing felt right. I did not want it to be a public affair so when we got back to the hotel, I said some stuff, told her to close her eyes and got the ring out. And that was that! :)

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum. I've learned a lot.

Oh quick question, can a hand forged ring be resized?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!
Thank you for sharing your story. Do you have any hand pics?

As the ring has diamonds in the shank, getting it resized is more of a challenge compared to a plain shank. Does is have diamonds all around? Or perhaps not on the underside of the shank?
It's best to ask the jeweller regarding the resizing. If the ring is too wide, sizing beads might help.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!! :appl: :dance:

That is super exciting and how sweet you are to propose privately. Can we see some hand shots, pretty please?? :naughty:

As far as sizing, call Victor and ask him. I would want any sizing to be done by him for the very special ring you have.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sphene|1449050289|3956358 said:

Well Sphene, :wink2: because people like me LOVE it. I get the best of both worlds, the coverage of a round, and the straight-ish lines of a square. I'm a huge fan of the round in a cushion halo.

maxandsam, your ring is so beautiful and I can see why she fell in love with it completely. And isn't it a great feeling to also LOVE what you bought for her too? Congratulations!! You did so well, and I wish you both a long and happy life together.

Could we request a few hand and profile pics? :pray:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations :appl:

What a lovely proposal and a truly wonderful ring, your Fiancée must be overjoyed.
Best wishes to you both for a healthy and happy life together.

maxandsam

Rough_Rock
I emailed Victor and see what he says. I am not sure how a ring should fit on a hand and read that fingers shrink in the winter slightly. Her ring was sized by a jeweler and the ring does not spin, but looks possibly slightly loose.

Here are two pics that I have! They were taken with iPhone

img_3889.jpg

img_3894.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness you guys are too cute!! You both look overjoyed which is awesomeness all around!

As far as the ring sizing.....if it doesn't spin, then I think it's the perfect size. Fingers will fluctuate about a 1/4 of a size depending on weather (finger may be larger in warmer months), time of day, what she eats, etc. It's nice to have just a tad of space to accommodate for that kind of fluctuation. Now if the tiny space is driving her nuts, then that's a different story. How does it feel to her? If it's comfy and not spinning I think you got it just right. Also...these things aren't permanent. My ring size was a small 5 before kids. And now it's a small 5.5, so there you go! Not saying that's going to be your situation, but just putting that out there that her size could change someday for whatever reason. ::)

Btw, it looks huge on her tiny finger!! :love:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congrats!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Great looking couple! You guys look lovely together very attractive! She looks very happy and thrilled with the ring and the engagement. :) YAY!

My rings tend to be slightly loose at time do to shifts in the weather or swelling from salt or whatever. I have found that too little balls on the bottom of the tank on the inside solve that problem nicely. Suppose it's not the most attractive thing when the ring is off...however 100% solves the spinning issues. I think my knuckle is slightly larger than my ring size? I might be a 4.75 ring but need a 5 to get over my knuckle. Who knows. Simple fix if she is bothered in a month or two. In summer, the ring will fit slightly tighter due to the heat /swelling. My spinning mostly occurs in the winter months.

** U stated it is not spinning, so sounds perfect size. Mine spun around a bit and it bothered.

Once I got something called a "speed bump" which was much more attractive than the two balls. Same idea.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
maxandsam|1449517311|3958640 said:
Well I am back from NYC and I did it and she loves it! (of course she would). Even I love this ring. It's so shiny and sparkly even in the dark.

So I had the ring in my pocket the whole time and afraid to lose it. We went to dinner at Le Bernardin and then went to see Rockefeller Christmas Tree and did more sight seeing, but nothing felt right. I did not want it to be a public affair so when we got back to the hotel, I said some stuff, told her to close her eyes and got the ring out. And that was that! :)

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum. I've learned a lot.

Oh quick question, can a hand forged ring be resized?

Perfect execution!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! :appl: Love the pics you shared. You both look so happy! Congratulations on your engagement! :clap:

maxandsam

Rough_Rock
What are ring re-sizers called? I am looking on amazon and am not sure what to get? Do you all have a suggestion for a brand? Thanks

maxandsam

Rough_Rock
I realized that I never updated this or put cool photos!

So I (or she) has found out that ring sizes can vary greatly depending on season. It is grossly loose in the winter and fits in the summer. Amazing how your fingers can change.

Here is an awesome shot of the ring from our engagement photos. You can view more here: http://www.foodfashionfrenchie.com/2016/07/austin-engagement-pictures/

dsc9055-681x1024.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! You two make an adorable couple! Great photos...congratulations!!!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos and you guys look so happy! :)) Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results