shape
carat
color
clarity

Who’s NOT planning an upgrade? Show me your forever set!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have basically never upgraded. I still have my original rings with 1 ct stone from when I was 21!!!! I've just never worn them again after getting my first new diamond after coming to PS! But it did take me a few tries to get to the diamond rings I have today, my 2.3 ct AVR and 2.7 ct antique asscher. I still plan to reset the AVR (which I love and was cut so perfectly by Yoram), so I won't post pictures just yet. I can't see letting the antique asscher ring go because I love it so much (perfect setting from CVB!). I struggle all the time with wanting more diamonds. I'd love an emerald cut and an antique oval and a hearts and arrows stone to put back in the Vatche Tiffany setting. :lol: I'd probably have 10 diamond rings if money was unlimited and I was single! lol! But I sometimes have to be sensible and not spend so much on myself, so I am trying hard to be good. :halo: :lol-2:
I guess it’s a matter of what you consider upgrading. If you never wear your old set in favor of a new archer set you consider your wedding set, I’d call that upgrading. But I could see why someone might not consider it an upgrade unless you sell your original

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 - do you have a link to your halo solitaire? Its proportions on your hand are perfect!

ETA Ok - scratch that - found it! Gorgeous!!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-2-38-fat-arrowed-tranny-meet-charlie.198656/

Charlie 2.38 Fat arrowed Transitional in a Victor Canera halo.
jbeg_tranny_9.jpg

And this is the band I wear with Lola (that is my every day set the big gal and this genuine Antique French Cut band I bought from the UK) and Lola's 8 prong setting was made for me by Victor Canera;
FC band:ring-508.1L.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never say never so cannot swear my "final" ER is really final. But one ring I know is forever for me is my black opal. Because it was a gift from my mom and dad to me and it represents their loving and special marriage. Married 55 years this year. Many of you already know the backstory so suffice it to say it is a special ring that has special meaning. So this is the only ring I can say with complete certainty will never be upgraded.

cartier1972blackopalin2017.jpg

Closer view riding in car (dh driving don't worry haha).

cartieropalcolorsincarmarch2017.jpg

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I never say never so cannot swear my "final" ER is really final. But one ring I know is forever for me is my black opal. Because it was a gift from my mom and dad to me and it represents their loving and special marriage. Married 55 years this year. Many of you already know the backstory so suffice it to say it is a special ring that has special meaning. So this is the only ring I can say with complete certainty will never be upgraded.

Such a beautiful opal Missy! ...though I am very surprised to hear never say never about your gorgeous stone!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, I am DROOLING over all your pics! There is some AMAZING bling in this thread! :love::love::love:

I was hoping this thread would show us where "maximum Pricescope" lies. Like, where is the end of the upgrade journey and how crazy gorgeous are the stones at the end of the rainbow, so to speak? And I have NOT been disappointed! :mrgreen2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread!!!
My forever setting for my forever stone. It was a long and costly road with settings that did not really fit my 5.3 ct OEC. In 2013 I found the ideal setting because of PS. I still love how the french cut sidestones, engraving and milgrain complement the classic stone. The setting is handforged by Victor Canera.

A18D0379-5088-4907-8C28-1B75022402C0.jpeg 95597C11-B8C8-4C4A-9801-68EC00698D5F.jpeg 031B8084-FF59-4716-BBEF-C5E3C9570835.jpeg 8637D7FC-E934-4937-B79E-C1BE2FEE38CD.jpeg

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread!!!
My forever setting for my forever stone. It was a long and costly road with settings that did not really fit my 5.3 ct OEC. In 2013 I found the ideal setting because of PS. I still love how the french cut sidestones, engraving and milgrain complement the classic stone. The setting is handforged by Victor Canera.

A18D0379-5088-4907-8C28-1B75022402C0.jpeg 95597C11-B8C8-4C4A-9801-68EC00698D5F.jpeg 031B8084-FF59-4716-BBEF-C5E3C9570835.jpeg 8637D7FC-E934-4937-B79E-C1BE2FEE38CD.jpeg
:love::love::love::love::love:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I'd LOVE to upgrade to a 3.5-4 ct someday but that someday is a long, long way away. In the meantime, I am VERY happy with my current set, and happily working on a couple small RHR projects. I've noticed my prongs can cause some serious scratches, so once we have kids, I'll likely try to get a CvB reset in a bezel.

IMG_6555.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The design is called Merry. Holding my 3.4ct H VS1 ACA. I'll probably re-set at some point, but in the meantime, I love my ring. And the diamond stays.

DKJPV_MSC-2-7.jpg

DKJPV_MSC--6.jpg

DKJPV_MSC-3.jpg

DKJPV_MSC--4.jpg

Attachments

• DKJPV_MSC-2-7.jpg
    DKJPV_MSC-2-7.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 24

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have thought about upgrading my stone, but I probably won't. When I upgraded from a 1.70 to a 2.57 I traded in the stone. I have regretted it. I get too attached. I have added a couple other pieces but the 2.57 stays with me.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sound of crickets chirping from me. I've been spending a bit on coloured stones of late so that has at least slowed me from buying anything new in diamonds over 2 carats. I do have a soft spot for Lola the big old gal - 5.34 carats she gets the most wear out of any of the rings I own.

Charlie and Lola 2.jpg
I swear, were Lola mine, I would never ever get anything done apart from staring at her :love::love::cheeky::love::lickout:
What's her story? are there more pictures of her around?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear, were Lola mine, I would never ever get anything done apart from staring at her :love::love::cheeky::love::lickout:
What's her story? are there more pictures of her around?

Hi, actually the stone/big old gal has a glorious history, I bought it in Australia and it came out of a brooch/pin made by Hardy Bros which are a very old and expensive high end jeweller in Australia, it was thought to have belonged to a wealthy person off the land (big rural property owner originally) and possibly was a male not a female pin that functioned like a tie clip but it is unknown it could have belonged to the lady of the house too. I pulled it out of the pin and Victor made me a setting specifically for it. Links;

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...shaped-5-34-l-vs-carat-chunky-cut-oec.194432/

That's really weird there are two pics on the last page of that post that are not mine the EC and the other ring that I didn't put on there and a pic of an Asian lady I've never seen before that I also didn't put on there in the above link that's how old it is, it's putting random pics instead of my pics into it.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eco-8-prong-setting-lola-the-5-34-oec.197495/

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, actually the stone/big old gal has a glorious history, I bought it in Australia and it came out of a brooch/pin made by Hardy Bros which are a very old and expensive high end jeweller in Australia, it was thought to have belonged to a wealthy person off the land (big rural property owner originally) and possibly was a male not a female pin that functioned like a tie clip but it is unknown it could have belonged to the lady of the house too. I pulled it out of the pin and Victor made me a setting specifically for it. Links;

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...shaped-5-34-l-vs-carat-chunky-cut-oec.194432/

That's really weird there are two pics on the last page of that post that are not mine the EC and the other ring that I didn't put on there and a pic of an Asian lady I've never seen before that I also didn't put on there in the above link that's how old it is, it's putting random pics instead of my pics into it.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eco-8-prong-setting-lola-the-5-34-oec.197495/
Thnk you for the links! that was a very enjoyable read/ogle. What a serendipitous find after all your searching. Lola is AMAZING :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in the minority here. I still have my 0.44 carat solitaire from 20 years ago with no plans for an upgrade in sight. I’d probably have upgraded 10 years ago, but DH is sentimental. Plus, our money is going to other things right now (I have 9 years until I’m 55 and would love to at least have the option to retire early, so that means everything is being diverted to all the normal responsible things right now).

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm in the UK where it is very unusual to upgrade your engagement or wedding rings. Having said this I would never want to change my engagement, wedding or eternity rings because they have so much sentimental value, also because I think they are beautiful and I love them!

The engagement diamond was a lucky find - a 1.47ct G color, totally eye clean SI2 ideal round. My channel set wedding band sometimes swings round on my finger but I would never change it because its the ring I got married with and my husband had it engraved inside the band. I also love my pink and white diamond eternity ring and can't see me ever tiring of wearing the three rings together.

BUT :lol:.......... my devotion to my original set doesn't prevent me from collecting an array of sparkly lovelies for my right hand! :wink2::bigsmile:

Here is my forever set:
20180227_125240 (3).jpg 20180227_102438 (2).jpg 20180227_102317 (2).jpg

And the engagement ring on its own:

20180227_102049 (2).jpg 20180227_102005 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 20180227_095804 (2).jpg
    20180227_095804 (2).jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180227_095704.jpg
    20180227_095704.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 17

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't do upgrades. I'll just extort for more rings. :lol: Well, I guess I'm only semi-kidding, because I still dream of that fancy blue diamond anniversary ring some day. It's kind of en route to realization since I already own the stone, but I just have no inspiration how to set it. A double halo of pink diamonds and white diamonds perhaps, when money drops from the sky? :lol:

20170707_150737(2).jpg

On the other hand, it is very uncommon in my culture to do upgrades, though I may have unwittingly done that! I've basically switched the current stone out of its old setting after a few years of wear, because it was getting too clunky and painful to wear after a bad nerve injury. The old setting was also rather coarsely made with asymmetrical side scrolls, so I felt justified to ask for a new setting.

Here are some "before and after" photos. It's a 0.75 carat heart-cut diamond, F colour, IF clarity, 6.5 x 5.4mm. It's a very humble size by PS standards, but since I have small hands (US size 2.75), it's plenty big for me and definitely a "forever" stone. The new setting features "f" sound holes in string instruments and flower petal prongs, as my husband and I are nature lovers and musician-hobbyists.

20130324_120802.jpg

20130324_121315_2_.jpg

20130323_231056_2_.jpg

Current setting:
20170201_162931(3).jpg

20161001_183127(3).jpg

20161005_165357_2_.jpg

Last edited:

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 and @dk168 : Wow those are spectacular rings! I always found emerald cuts so classy!

@m-2-b, @arkieb1, @bludiva, @Acinom, @sweetpea&babycorn : Your old cut diamonds are gorgeous. I really love their big, bold flashes and how regally your diamonds sit!

@LJsapphire: Your ering certainly matches your profile name and I love the floral halo! I like your first set too. It's elegant simplicity!

@Rubybrick: Lovely setting! I love its side profile!

@princessk: Wow, it's a wall of glitter! I bet you'll never ever have DSS!

@missy: I love your heirloom and its meaningful story especially. It truly is symbolic of a piece that celebrates a marriage union! I seem to have seen your ring before on PS. Is it a Cartier?

@Starfacet : Beautiful ring and band! I love its proportions and I would fall in love at first sight too!

@redwood66 : love your halo especially! It's a beautiful departure from usual halos and go so well with your OEC!

@mrs-b: That's a beautiful diamond and even more beautiful setting. It's a great match with your holly band.

@naivemelody: A most sleek and fluid setting for a marquise diamond! I once contemplated picking a marquise for my ering too.

@diamondhoarder : Congratulations on the wonderful find! I love your entire stack. The pink and white diamond band is a dream!

Last edited:

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is my forever set, and my darling Empress J (two years on and my husband still doesn't remember I gave my ring a name!) will always be my one and only engagement ring... But that isn't to say that I won't be acquiring more rings... and more bands...

IMG_5145.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love:

Sigh

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've posted this about eleventy billion times, but here it is again :loopy: My 2.52ctw engagement ring in 18ct rose and white gold, with a plain 18ct rose gold band. I cannot ever see myself upgrading, I love this set so much. And I've run out of finger space! 28548357_10156077229654687_1580850295_o.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results