shape
carat
color
clarity

Who’s NOT planning an upgrade? Show me your forever set!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, I know . . . never say never! LOL! But I’m wondering how many of us are just really happy with our current set and don’t expect to upgrade ever again? Show me what you’ve got, gimme some stats, and tell me why you think this one is IT! :kiss2:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never say never, lol
Thought that I was perfectly happy with my 2.05 D-VS2 oval ... but husband #1 had an affair and dumped me for another married woman.
So when husband #2 wanted to propose, I suggested that we trade in the oval for a 3.01 F-S1 pear.
Perfectly happy with that ring for 20+ years until I saw a CBI for the first time at a Meet the Cutter event. Seems that I have been on a CBI buying spree because I have 5 of them now totaling 8.379 carats. :lol-2:
So who knows what the future holds :mrgreen2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, who DOES know what the future holds ... especially for us PSers and our bling.

I would say that my avatar Mildred, my 7mm 70th birthday gift to myself, is forever. Although... I did tell Yoram I might be back in ten years for an 8mm birthday diamond. Lol

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my dream diamond from the outset. I knew exactly want I wanted and I saw her in the jewelers window and that was that.
She is not everyone’s “cup of tea”, a long slim emerald cut, not great colour, not great clarity, but I adore her.
She was an original 1930s ring, reset after purchase, to just the centre emerald cut plus the two baguettes, because her setting too worn and fragile.
I wore her very happily for 16 years till my fattening fingers meant we couldn’t resize up anymore.
I decided to return her to her more “Art Deco” style and add in some extra diamonds.
I love the “Flatness” of the setting and the excellent finger coverage.
Everyday I gaze at her and love her to bits. 5AF48BEF-CE2D-48F6-A147-467A77DC875A.jpeg C004768A-198D-4016-A92C-C0E18B37DAA9.jpeg E2265A26-4081-4618-AFE9-3A492F4BD030.jpeg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I told dh that my current stone will be forever, lol (wink, wink, fingers crossed). But I bought it at whiteflash fully knowing about their awesome upgrade policy!!!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 I love your ring and the story behind it!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 Why have we not seen this gorgeous ring before?? You must post more pictures! I love how flat it is. Do you wear it daily?

As for me, I would LOVE to upgrade my pear cut, but I want an emerald cut, OEC & 1.5ct Tiffany round classic. I can't choose, so I shall keep my pear. My husband has no intention of letting me change it as that's not something that we tend to do in the UK. Upgrading isn't really a thing ☹️

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think my current e-ring (avatar) will be my forever ring, I don't have the wedding ring yet though so I have time to experiment with ideas before deciding on what I will get. This is e-ring/fiancé #2 and hopefully there won't be any more. I'd like to have more nice jewellery though!

This was my first set, so I already think my new ring (and my new fiancé) are upgrades from the previous ones :lol-2::kiss2:
old_rings.jpg

it's not a very clear pic (photo is from about 2007-2008 ), will attach newer ones

View media item 122420View media item 122421

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I re-set my EC in its forever home, and have no intention of changing it again.
Here are pics of its original and new settings.
ecsemimounthandshot03.jpg
ecreset_a.jpg

DK :))

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d be hard pressed to change my ring. Might I add to it and possibly have another set to put in the rotation? Sure. I love having options. But I don’t ever see getting rid of my original ring.

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love ❤️ my new 1.81 I, VS oval with custom halo setting in a pave infinity with the 2 matching bands in platinum, don't get me wrong! Butttttt, im already thinking when to upgrade lol. The stone is from Blue Nile and the upgrade policy is double what you paid for the original stone but my dilemma is that my next stone I want is a 4 to 5 carat mrb but that means we have to save for I don't know how long lol. Plus if I get such a big stone, then I want it to be naked and the setting to be very simple with an infinity band made with big stones. oh well, a girl can dream right?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like bad juju to comment on this thread. First person to say their happy is getting a visit from the dss fairy.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 larger diamonds - a Victor Canera 2.54 G SI1 and a 3.4 ACA H VS1. I was planning to upgrade to something larger, but I've reached a place where I'm happy with what I have and am looking, at this age, to spending money on other things. So while I think it's likely I'll switch out settings at some point, I don't plan to ever change my diamonds.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had my AVC ring for several years now and plan on keeping it as is!
IMG_9668.jpg IMG_9611.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sound of crickets chirping from me. I've been spending a bit on coloured stones of late so that has at least slowed me from buying anything new in diamonds over 2 carats. I do have a soft spot for Lola the big old gal - 5.34 carats she gets the most wear out of any of the rings I own.

Charlie and Lola 2.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sound of crickets chirping from me. I've been spending a bit on coloured stones of late so that has at least slowed me from buying anything new in diamonds over 2 carats. I do have a soft spot for Lola the big old gal - 5.34 carats she gets the most wear out of any of the rings I own.

Charlie and Lola 2.jpg

WOW!!!! BEAUTEEEEFUL!!!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 Why have we not seen this gorgeous ring before?? You must post more pictures! I love how flat it is. Do you wear it daily?

As for me, I would LOVE to upgrade my pear cut, but I want an emerald cut, OEC & 1.5ct Tiffany round classic. I can't choose, so I shall keep my pear. My husband has no intention of letting me change it as that's not something that we tend to do in the UK. Upgrading isn't really a thing ☹️

Your ring is PEARfect. :love: Glad it is forever.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have no "wedding rings" to up or down grade. What rings I do have, I'll keep. (but I can say that NOW since I feel I've already "been there")

cheers--Sharon

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d be hard pressed to change my ring. Might I add to it and possibly have another set to put in the rotation? Sure. I love having options. But I don’t ever see getting rid of my original ring.

This is me, too. I love my lil three-stone in 18k YG and it’s almost matching band! LOL! I’ll always keep that original set. BUT . . . I’m currently in the process of designing another set to wear sometimes. So not really upgrading, but not NOT upgrading either. :lol:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don’t blame you at all! It’s absolute perfection! <3

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does loving your set enough to rotate instead of replace count? I love my new RG set from CvB with the 1.72 AVR, but I can't exactly say it's going to "replace" my beloved 1.05 Jub in Tacori. I definitely don't consider it an upgrade. So, I guess my answer would be, I'm not planning to upgrade, just add to my assortment!!! ;)2

My "first love" set:
Tacori HT2352Hand.jpg

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Charlie and Lola 2.jpg
LOLA!!! WOW!!! :love::love::love:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is me, too. I love my lil three-stone in 18k YG and it’s almost matching band! LOL! I’ll always keep that original set. BUT . . . I’m currently in the process of designing another set to wear sometimes. So not really upgrading, but not NOT upgrading either. :lol:
Exactly!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 - do you have a link to your halo solitaire? Its proportions on your hand are perfect!

ETA Ok - scratch that - found it! Gorgeous!!

Last edited:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3DCD4687-FE21-4038-AEAD-4EF761924209.jpeg 562790DC-6AF3-4176-98F1-40F2EE519D47.jpeg One more in the not upgrading but adding camp. My Ering will always have special spot in the rotation.
Why are the photos from the ps attachment of previously posted pictures show up so blurry?

Last edited:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
this is really beautiful, the other thread about halo vs non halo made me think about how I personally really don’t care much for halos in general. BUT when the halos add not size but highlight the center stone it is stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have basically never upgraded. I still have my original rings with 1 ct stone from when I was 21!!!! I've just never worn them again after getting my first new diamond after coming to PS! But it did take me a few tries to get to the diamond rings I have today, my 2.3 ct AVR and 2.7 ct antique asscher. I still plan to reset the AVR (which I love and was cut so perfectly by Yoram), so I won't post pictures just yet. I can't see letting the antique asscher ring go because I love it so much (perfect setting from CVB!). I struggle all the time with wanting more diamonds. I'd love an emerald cut and an antique oval and a hearts and arrows stone to put back in the Vatche Tiffany setting. :lol: I'd probably have 10 diamond rings if money was unlimited and I was single! lol! But I sometimes have to be sensible and not spend so much on myself, so I am trying hard to be good. :halo: :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results