shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Art Deco 8 Prong setting + Lola the 5.34 OEC

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lola is finally set, after a long time and several botched attempts on my part.

Biggest Thank-you ever to Victor Canera, who has the patience of a saint I swear and always has time for me, I can't give him enough praise, every time I work with him he is always gracious, and the workmanship leaves everything else I have seen for dead.

This one was a difficult one for Victor, Lola is a 5.34 L VS2 tinted white OEC. She is 11.06 - 11.41 mms so she is non symmetrical and has enough wonk that you know she is all original but not enough to make her unpleasant to look at. Victor normally will not make a setting for a stone that he has never seen that is not round or a uniform shape, as it is much more difficult working without the diamond (the diamond was and has always been here in Australia and I didn't want to send it overseas)....

Victor sent me the setting about a week ago unfinished, a setter here in Australia set Lola and finished off the claws. They are not as refined or as small as Victor would have done them that is true (I have other Victor pieces to compare) but considering most Aussie jewellers aren't in the same league, we are both very happy with the finished product.

Top down the ring looks like a genuine Antique piece and the setter here finished the prongs so that they would not catch on anything which I am grateful for. From the side view the Art Deco gallery all handmade by Victor is a work of art. For more information about the stone & to see Lola unset go here;

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-lola-the-cushion-shaped-5-34-l-vs-carat-chunky-cut-oec.194432/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-lola-the-cushion-shaped-5-34-l-vs-carat-chunky-cut-oec.194432/[/URL]

To see a better pic of the setting before the stone and two of my pics after setting go here;

https://www.facebook.com/VictorCanera

These are the pics that I have been able to save and upload so far;

img_1109.jpg

img_1026_0.jpg

img_1207_0.jpg

img_1025.jpg

img_1110.jpg

img_1094.jpg

The setting as it arrived from Victor waiting to be set before;

img_0859.jpg

And after;

img_1061.jpg

img_1248.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Victor Canera Art Deco 8 Prong setting + Lola the 5.34 O

Lola is GORGEOUS in her new superb VC setting (I'm so glad you were finally able to upload more pics)!!! Thanks again for indulging us w/ this thread! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1390108517|3595955 said:
Lola is GORGEOUS in her new superb VC setting (I'm so glad you were finally able to upload more pics)!!! Thanks again for indulging us w/ this thread! :appl:

Thanks!!!! I still can't manage to upload a lot of them, but I have enough now to make a decent SMTB post.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

OMG Arkieb!! Lola and her setting are just truly spectacular. Once set, Lola is looking even more beautiful!!
So happy for you!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringcat|1390110311|3595963 said:
OMG Arkieb!! Lola and her setting are just truly spectacular. Once set, Lola is looking even more beautiful!!
So happy for you!!

Thanks Ringcat, I hope we can meet up one day :D

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

wow, that turned out great! Nice choices and I love your OEC!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My favourite solitaire setting :love:
I am so happy you are now able to wear Lola in such a beautiful Art Deco setting! I was lucky to get a sneak peek from you prior to posting here and I am amazed by the beauty of the setting and the finished ring every time I see a picture of it!

Victor's amazing setting complements your antique stone so well! And yet the look is really crisp and NOW. The craftmanship is top notch. The tiny details in the gallery are so refined. I love those tiny holes and the V-shaped form. And I just love the combination of the heavier gallery and the elegantly shaped shank. I am so amazed Victor could make the setting without the center stone and it couldn't have turned out any better!

The ring is stunning on your hand :love: it's a very refined look on your small finger and hand even with such a BIG stone. I hope you will enjoy wearing her every single day. It's the look of a princess but subdued enough to wear it every day in casual situations. The look is powerful and beautiful and it does not need anything next to it.

Lola has truly find her final home after quite a while and it is so worth it, isn't it,
I would love to see a pic of the profile while the ring is on your finger. I cannot imagine a more perfect setting for your stone. Enjoy!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Ariel144 Thanks!!!

Hi Acinom, thank you so much for all the positive encouragement along the way!!!! I know that you are one of the few people who understands the process of getting a setting made that is not completed and then having other people set stones like ours (it's a bit nerve-wracking for everyone involved)...

I forgot to mention ring is in between a 4.75 and a size 5.00 - 4 and 7/8ths they call it..... I have a bigger knuckle to get it over, technically I am a size 4.75. This is the best I can do for a profile shot, it isn't that flattering to my hand, and I am making a fist so the ring is sitting up a bit more than it actually does (it's quite low (low to medium height) for a solitaire and surprisingly doesn't snag on everything so far) but hopefully you get the idea when it is being worn, it is about the most colour that the stone ever shows as well, in real life top down it usually picks up and takes on the colour of whatever is around it, and she is fairly white facing most of the time, more like the pics above in real life;

img_1213.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Wow!!! Talk about finger coverage!!!! And that setting is just perfect for it!!! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the profile pic! The gallery will give you daily eyecandy when you look at your hand. I love the color of your OEC and it is so well cut.

And yay! We are 5.3ish ct - OEC - in - a - VC - setting - ring sisters :D

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1390111740|3595973 said:
ringcat|1390110311|3595963 said:
So happy for you!!

Thanks Ringcat, I hope we can meet up one day :D

Looking forward to it. Hope we can make it this year! :appl:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

Oh, Lola!! :love: :love: You're gorgeous!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

arkieb, is the setting made in plat? The metal looks a really soft colour, not too white.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So beautiful! A true work of art!!! Enjoy! You've earned it!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Well done arkeib1.

Lola is finally home!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful arkieb1, what a journey for you in terms of having a diamond and then the setting made up O.S. and then matched up later!
You are very brave! And it paid off!! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1390124228|3596016 said:
Love the profile pic! The gallery will give you daily eyecandy when you look at your hand. I love the color of your OEC and it is so well cut.

And yay! We are 5.3ish ct - OEC - in - a - VC - setting - ring sisters :D

I'd be honoured to be your OEC ring sister, your ring is AMAZING!!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow, gorgeous! I am really wishing I had gone for an 8 prong setting for my ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringcat|1390133120|3596032 said:
arkieb, is the setting made in plat? The metal looks a really soft colour, not too white.

Yes, I think Victor prefers to work in Platinum mostly.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

gregchang35|1390134514|3596043 said:
Well done arkeib1.

Lola is finally home!

Thanks Greg, Lara, and Mayk that is the way I feel about it the setting is just perfect for the stone. I take limited credit for this, Victor is the master when it comes to knowing what works and considering he has only ever seen pictures of this diamond, I think he did a pretty exceptional job of it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very beautiful!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, Lola is a beauty in her new home :love: I love the finger coverage! VC is talented in that he can create a setting for an unsymmetrical stone without the stone and still have the diamond look perfectly at home in the new setting :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, that was you?!?!?! I was drooling over the pictures he posted on FB a few days ago!!!

It is absolutely stunning! I think Lola has found the PERFECT home! :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

perfection!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I saw that on Facebook and KNEW it was yours! I love it! And I have a soft spot for an 8-prong setting. Enjoy!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

When I saw the picture of the setting on Victor's facebook, I wondered if it was for Lola. It is truly amazing, and wow your oec looks phenomenal in that setting!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lola is indeed perfect. A real beauty who is at long last home! I love the profile and I love the 8 prongs. :love:
Gorgeous in every way!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Oh Arkieb! She's perfect in her new home!! :appl: :appl: :appl: LOVE!!

I'm thrilled to bits for you - hugs!

Enjoy Lola!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

I can't wait to see more pictures. :appl:

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock

Really pretty and looks great on your hand. Congratulations on such a great match of gorgeous stone with a unique setting! Hope you enjoy it for many years to come. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results