shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Studs Upgrade from .65 each to .80 each!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I. AM. LOVING. THIS. UPRADDDDE! The size looks amazing on you! It looks just perfect! The proportions of your ear and stud is just amazing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1353533723|3312399 said:
Your studs are gorgeous Diamondseeker, they look like a perfect size (no upgrading here I would imagine!!!!) I have been so busy and just haven't had time to find a pair to a stone I have - it's 0.56ct. After seeing yours old and new, I might finally get my act together and try to get them sorted before Christmas.

Now, you have spare set, or 2 two spare diamonds, a new project? :naughty:

Enjoy wearing them, stunning, I could quiet easily let you be my jewellery shopper Diamondseeker, we have very similar taste. :bigsmile:

Oh, Monny, so sorry I didn't see these additional posts sooner! Thank you!

I traded in my other pair. I wish I could have kept them perhaps for side stones, but I just couldn't justify buying a second pair at the moment!

I hope you can find a match and complete your set! I think .5 studs are a great size because you can easily find jackets for those for times you want a little more bling!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mamadelmar..thanks! I think you will enjoy this size if you decide to upgrade!

lizzy...yay!!! I would have definitely gone with high .70's had they been available! We are almost earring twins now! :appl: And yes, I think you will notice the size difference because it is almost exactly the same difference as my change was.

yaytacori...thank you SO much!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I have caught up with my replies, I can post pictures of my new settings! I really wanted low baskets like the Tiffany settings for this final pair of studs (let's hope!), and WhiteFlash came through for me, as always! Apparently these are Sasha Primak settings (custom order). They are set very low and sit much closer to my ears. (Oh, and I did order jumbo backs but they are too heavy and too large for my studs (tough to get on and off), so I am going back to the medium friction backs.) Many thanks to Traci, Vera, and the rest of the crew at WF for getting me exactly what I wanted! :appl:

wfaca1.jpg

_2258.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice new mounts DS! I really like how low theyare and also how big the diameter is for the part closest to your ear -- a good seat!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1354991161|3326281 said:
Very nice new mounts DS! I really like how low theyare and also how big the diameter is for the part closest to your ear -- a good seat!

Thanks, Dreamer! I hesitated sending them back to get new settings but I am glad now that I did!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, DS! Glad you finally got them back! We need to see some ear shots from the front and side, please!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice work!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
DS, I have been waiting to see your update here! I love the new settings! We need more earshot pics now! We are definitely going to be stud twins now. Did you say what your measurements are on yours? Mine are 5.91 x 5.94 x 3.62mm and 5.91 x 5.92 x 3.62mm. They seemed like a great match! My e-ring is 1.51ct so I think these studs will be a forever size. I hope! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mom and Deco! I am not sure if I can get a picture that would show the difference! But these sit low to the ear and the base prevents them from drooping at all. So they would even be good for larger stones if someone wanted a 4 prong Tiffany style basket.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1354996553|3326341 said:
DS, I have been waiting to see your update here! I love the new settings! We need more earshot pics now! We are definitely going to be stud twins now. Did you say what your measurements are on yours? Mine are 5.91 x 5.94 x 3.62mm and 5.91 x 5.92 x 3.62mm. They seemed like a great match! My e-ring is 1.51ct so I think these studs will be a forever size. I hope! :naughty:

Lizzy, I am so glad that you saw I finally saw your prior post! My stones are right at 6mm (like 5.98x6.0), so they should basically look the same as yours! I think they are a great size to go with our rings! I do not plan to go larger for the studs since I plan to stay under 2 cts on the ering even if I should happen to upgrade to an AVR or something. When are you getting yours?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi DS, I'm hoping my new studs will arrive sometime next week. My old studs took FOREVER to get there via registered mail, but they made it! Hallelujah! I was so worried! I know Hanukkah started yesterday so I am not sure if BGD is off for part of this week or not. I figure I'll send a note to follow up tomorrow. I was so indecisive on getting the slightly larger J's at .8/.83 each or sticking with the .775/.772 H SI1's that I ended up with. But in the end I decided that this will most likely be the last upgrade so best to go with the better color. So can you tell a size difference between your current studs and the .75's you gave to your daughter? What a great mom!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzy, I am betting they will be open during the week since this is such a busy season for them! Hopefully they will be able to get the studs to you soon! I don't think there is much difference at all between .75 and .80. My pre-PS pair were .75 each, too, and I just couldn't get used to the .65's I had most recently. I saw the good match at .80 and went for it since I really hoped this could be my final pair! I think you were wise to get H color for your final pair. I decided H was my best color for this size stone, too. If I were going over a carat, I'd have to go down in color because the price jumps so high, but really, this size just works well for my very casual lifestyle yet they are fine for more dressy occasions as well! I definitely think you'll be happy you made the switch, too!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1355103038|3327182 said:
Lizzy, I am betting they will be open during the week since this is such a busy season for them! Hopefully they will be able to get the studs to you soon! I don't think there is much difference at all between .75 and .80. My pre-PS pair were .75 each, too, and I just couldn't get used to the .65's I had most recently. I saw the good match at .80 and went for it since I really hoped this could be my final pair! I think you were wise to get H color for your final pair. I decided H was my best color for this size stone, too. If I were going over a carat, I'd have to go down in color because the price jumps so high, but really, this size just works well for my very casual lifestyle yet they are fine for more dressy occasions as well! I definitely think you'll be happy you made the switch, too!

Was considering studs...much smaller studs of course (.35s) and stumbled across this... :Up_to_something:

I just wanted to say DS your studs are amazing!!! Those beautiful .80s are lovely and I know you have had the itch for bigger but I just had to say it out loud. 8)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread! Wish I could see more war shots!! (Hint hint). ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1397623347|3654192 said:
diamondseeker2006|1355103038|3327182 said:

Was considering studs...much smaller studs of course (.35s) and stumbled across this... :Up_to_something:

I just wanted to say DS your studs are amazing!!! Those beautiful .80s are lovely and I know you have had the itch for bigger but I just had to say it out loud. 8)

How very sweet, thank you! They really are a great everyday size for me. I thought they were the perfect size when my diamond ring was 1.6 cts. I just messed things up when I upgraded my ring! :lol: I probably won't get larger studs. I might get an OEC pair set in bezels one day, instead.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1397630475|3654216 said:
Love this thread! Wish I could see more war shots!! (Hint hint). ;-)

Maybe someone else can take some pictures of theirs...hint, hint! :bigsmile:

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker! I know this thread is a little bit older but I'm in the same boat you had been in 3 years ago and was wondering if I could get your opinion. I currently have 1.28 ctw studs (0.65 and 0.63) and am thinking about going bigger. I was thinking 0.80 each and was floored when I found this thread! I love your photos and I can definitely see the difference in size.

My questions to you are: Did you feel you went large enough? Ever feel like you should have gone a little bit larger? And/Or did you regret going bigger - like the .80 are too big for every day wear?

I am thinking of using my current studs to make a 3 stone ring and will purchase a new set of upgrade-able studs but not sure if I should even start this project or if I do, how much bigger do I go? I guess I'm just hesitant because even though I am purchasing upgrade-able (just in case) I really would like for these to be my forever pair.

Thank you in advance for your input!

-LFD

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovefordiamonds|1429540014|3864837 said:
Hi Diamondseeker! I know this thread is a little bit older but I'm in the same boat you had been in 3 years ago and was wondering if I could get your opinion. I currently have 1.28 ctw studs (0.65 and 0.63) and am thinking about going bigger. I was thinking 0.80 each and was floored when I found this thread! I love your photos and I can definitely see the difference in size.

My questions to you are: Did you feel you went large enough? Ever feel like you should have gone a little bit larger? And/Or did you regret going bigger - like the .80 are too big for every day wear?

I am thinking of using my current studs to make a 3 stone ring and will purchase a new set of upgrade-able studs but not sure if I should even start this project or if I do, how much bigger do I go? I guess I'm just hesitant because even though I am purchasing upgrade-able (just in case) I really would like for these to be my forever pair.

Thank you in advance for your input!

-LFD

Hi, LFD! :wavey: This is a very timely question, because I just upgraded my studs again!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-newest-whiteflash-2-3ctw-aca-studs-upgrade.211890/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-newest-whiteflash-2-3ctw-aca-studs-upgrade.211890/[/URL]

There are only a few pictures on the first page, but in one post I do show the .65's, the .80's, and the 1.16's.

I never felt the .80s were too big. I think they are a great size for everyday. The thing is, for several years I had had a 1.6 ct diamond e-ring and I liked .75-.80 each studs with that. But a couple of years ago I changed to the 2.3 ct AVR ring, and my studs eventually felt a little out of proportion to me...yeah, that's my excuse! ;)) So I deliberated over what size to go to, and finally bit the bullet and went over the carat mark to get a size that I like in proportion to my ring (the studs actually equal the weight of my diamond ring!). I still do not feel these are too big, even though I am size sensitive to a degree. My ears easily have room to wear 1.5-2 cts each, but that is larger than I feel comfortable wearing and I really don't want to put that much money into earrings. I doubt I will upgrade again, but I think my true limit would be 7mm...or around 1.25-1.3 cts. (The current ones are 6.7+mm)

With you having that magnificent 3 ct diamond, I would aim to go over a carat each. So I think you can start wherever you want and upgrade from there!!! It would be nice to get the final pair at the outset, but I eventually changed my mind as to what size my final pair would be! It might actually be good to start around .90 each, because then you are in a size that is close to a carat and fine if you never upgrade, or easy to go over a carat if you do upgrade.

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
-LFD[/quote]

Hi, LFD! :wavey: This is a very timely question, because I just upgraded my studs again!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-newest-whiteflash-2-3ctw-aca-studs-upgrade.211890/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-newest-whiteflash-2-3ctw-aca-studs-upgrade.211890/[/URL]

There are only a few pictures on the first page, but in one post I do show the .65's, the .80's, and the 1.16's.

I never felt the .80s were too big. I think they are a great size for everyday. The thing is, for several years I had had a 1.6 ct diamond e-ring and I liked .75-.80 each studs with that. But a couple of years ago I changed to the 2.3 ct AVR ring, and my studs eventually felt a little out of proportion to me...yeah, that's my excuse! ;)) So I deliberated over what size to go to, and finally bit the bullet and went over the carat mark to get a size that I like in proportion to my ring (the studs actually equal the weight of my diamond ring!). I still do not feel these are too big, even though I am size sensitive to a degree. My ears easily have room to wear 1.5-2 cts each, but that is larger than I feel comfortable wearing and I really don't want to put that much money into earrings. I doubt I will upgrade again, but I think my true limit would be 7mm...or around 1.25-1.3 cts. (The current ones are 6.7+mm)

With you having that magnificent 3 ct diamond, I would aim to go over a carat each. So I think you can start wherever you want and upgrade from there!!! It would be nice to get the final pair at the outset, but I eventually changed my mind as to what size my final pair would be! It might actually be good to start around .90 each, because then you are in a size that is close to a carat and fine if you never upgrade, or easy to go over a carat if you do upgrade.[/quote]

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! And CONGRATULATIONS - your new ACAs are absolutely gorgeous!! I love your thinking: stud weight = ering weight!! :naughty: I will take your advice and shoot for studs close to .90 each and that way like you said I could keep them as forever studs or eventually upgrade to bigger :dance:

P.S. your new DBTY bracelet is also fabulous! I've been away from PS for a few months because this SMTB thread seriously puts a gazillion more things on my wish list every time I visit. hehe. Enjoy your new pieces and wear them in great health! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results