shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Studs Upgrade from .65 each to .80 each!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1352161061|3299444 said:
diamondseeker2006|1352158081|3299390 said:
Thanks Yenny and MGR!!!

MGR...ugh, I am kind of worn out from the e-ring hunt. I do have DSS because I was so set on that 1.8 ct. other than the color!!! So this is a nice diversion!!!

I both understand and sympathize. My experience has been that when you find the right thing, it all falls into place easily. This head banging, gut wrenching stuff just emphasizes the point that it just wasn't quite right. One day though you'll be dancing on the ceiling with joy over the perfect stone! I know you'll be busy with the holidays coming up so that's a good thing too!

SO true, MGR!!!! I really appreciate ideal cut rounds because they surely are easier to buy!!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
DS, you're right, those are great for everyday wear. It's a good thing for my bank account that I can only go to .50 pointers for studs because of my second and third holes in my left ear.
I swear WF should be giving you a finder's fee. :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
texaskj|1352164593|3299502 said:
DS, you're right, those are great for everyday wear. It's a good thing for my bank account that I can only go to .50 pointers for studs because of my second and third holes in my left ear.
I swear WF should be giving you a finder's fee. :lol:

Well, when you have extra holes, all that weight will add up to more than mine, probably! :bigsmile:

WF is just the easiest place to find matched pairs since they have their stones cut to specific parameters! This is the third pair I have bought there! :-o

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
DS, the studs are lovely!! I complete agree about wanting your studs to total the weight of your ering. I was trying to find studs that would make me forever happy, and it wasn't until I reached that earring/e-ring ratio (my ering is 2.4, studs are 2.41ctw) that I was really satisfied with my studs. What's your opinion on a pendant stone size in relation to your ering and earrings? I'm working on a pendant project and trying to figure out the perfect size for that. Right now I'm thinking that my pendant stone should be pretty close in weight to one of my earrings (preferably a little bigger, but budget constraints might prevent that)!

Congratulations on finding a pair of studs that are your perfect combination of stats! They look really great on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1352171710|3299588 said:
DS, the studs are lovely!! I complete agree about wanting your studs to total the weight of your ering. I was trying to find studs that would make me forever happy, and it wasn't until I reached that earring/e-ring ratio (my ering is 2.4, studs are 2.41ctw) that I was really satisfied with my studs. What's your opinion on a pendant stone size in relation to your ering and earrings? I'm working on a pendant project and trying to figure out the perfect size for that. Right now I'm thinking that my pendant stone should be pretty close in weight to one of my earrings (preferably a little bigger, but budget constraints might prevent that)!

Congratulations on finding a pair of studs that are your perfect combination of stats! They look really great on you!

Thanks so much, Jill! I am glad you also like the formula for size of studs in relation to the e-ring! I will say that I think the pendant looks best if it is between the size of a stud diamond and the e-ring. In your case, I might say around 1.5 cts. if it is to be a solitaire pendant. I currently have a family .80 stone set in a pendant but it is simply too small. I am going to have it set in a halo setting to solve that problem. You could always do that as well if you didn't want to go with a larger diamond.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stealth upgrade! Love them.

The curse of having a bog e-ring -- you need bigger diamonds everywhere else too :tongue:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1352173962|3299626 said:

Thanks so much, Jill! I am glad you also like the formula for size of studs in relation to the e-ring! I will say that I think the pendant looks best if it is between the size of a stud diamond and the e-ring. In your case, I might say around 1.5 cts. if it is to be a solitaire pendant. I currently have a family .80 stone set in a pendant but it is simply too small. I am going to have it set in a halo setting to solve that problem. You could always do that as well if you didn't want to go with a larger diamond.

I was remembering that you had a .8 stone in the BGD Barbara and was wondering how you felt the size complimented your studs. I was afraid you'd say that it was too small! I think you're probably right, though. If I was able to get somewhere around the 1.5 Ct mark, I'd probably be pretty happy. I'm trying to decide if I should halo a 1 Ct stone or wait to get a 1.5 solitaire. Like Dreamer said, once you have one big diamond, the rest need to be in proportion! First world problem, huh? :o

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
The upgraded studs look perfect on you! I can definitely notice the size difference.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1352174089|3299627 said:
Stealth upgrade! Love them.

The curse of having a bog e-ring -- you need bigger diamonds everywhere else too :tongue:

Thanks Dreamer! No kidding!!! Have to keep the formula consistent! I just hope if I end up with a 1.8 e-ring that I can keep these studs! (Or maybe get some larger OEC's as a second pair! :naughty: ) (other than I'd lose my mind trying to find a matched pair of OEC's!!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1352174590|3299633 said:

I was remembering that you had a .8 stone in the BGD Barbara and was wondering how you felt the size complimented your studs. I was afraid you'd say that it was too small! I think you're probably right, though. If I was able to get somewhere around the 1.5 Ct mark, I'd probably be pretty happy. I'm trying to decide if I should halo a 1 Ct stone or wait to get a 1.5 solitaire. Like Dreamer said, once you have one big diamond, the rest need to be in proportion! First world problem, huh? :o

Yes, first world problem for sure! I think a 1.30 at 7mm with a delicate halo like Victor or Steven could do would be beautiful and give you the look of a larger stone just like their halo rings do. Actually that would be pretty with a 1.5, too, since 1.5 is still a good bit smaller than the e-ring stone. I'd probably go for the 1.5 if I were you and then you have the option to do the delicate halo or not. I hate to see you do what I have done and then have to upgrade later. Although my .80 was a 1 ct. diamond from my mother than I HAD to recut to use. So it isn't anything I can upgrade. I just want to reset into a setting that can make it a family heirloom. I never wear it now because it just looks too small.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1352212953|3299792 said:
jill_s|1352174590|3299633 said:

Yes, first world problem for sure! I think a 1.30 at 7mm with a delicate halo like Victor or Steven could do would be beautiful and give you the look of a larger stone just like their halo rings do. Actually that would be pretty with a 1.5, too, since 1.5 is still a good bit smaller than the e-ring stone. I'd probably go for the 1.5 if I were you and then you have the option to do the delicate halo or not. I hate to see you do what I have done and then have to upgrade later. Although my .80 was a 1 ct. diamond from my mother than I HAD to recut to use. So it isn't anything I can upgrade. I just want to reset into a setting that can make it a family heirloom. I never wear it now because it just looks too small.

I am glad you both knew I meant a BIG diamond, not a BOG diamond :rolleyes: Typos.

Jill I agree that a 7mm - 7.5mm stone is likely the best move for you. I am a fan of metal work on pendants myself, rather than a straight halo. Like a filigree halo, or some sort of diamond and metal work. Gives good enck presence. I like 12-15mm myself, in a pendant.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How odd. I feel exactly the same way! My studs and Ering *feel* proportional to me now in a way that my old 1ctw studs never did - and since studs and Ering are usually the only jewellery I wear I can really appreciate the proportionality now! It has absolutely nothing to do with how they actually look on my ears and finger - it's so odd...

I think I usually like bigger busier pendants - there's just a lot more skin there to cover ::)
ETA ditto dreamer!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, I am not doing a straight halo, either, I don't think. Something a little more vintage looking.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
They look great. Congratulations! Nothing like a nice pair of studs that you never have to take off, if don't want to :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor will make a fabulous pendant for you--maybe this project will tide you over until you find "the one"/AVR for your engagement ring!

So jealous you got your fabulous studs so soon! Looks like mine will be coming in before the end of the month! It's funny how your equation for diamond ring equalling studs total carat weight applies to me also!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Your new studs are just gorgeous!!! What a difference .15 will make! Congrats! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1352228845|3299966 said:
Victor will make a fabulous pendant for you--maybe this project will tide you over until you find "the one"/AVR for your engagement ring!

So jealous you got your fabulous studs so soon! Looks like mine will be coming in before the end of the month! It's funny how your equation for diamond ring equalling studs total carat weight applies to me also!

I know! I thought about the diamond formula when you were choosing yours! I felt like you had a range of either doing the weight of your center stone up to the total weight of the ring! I think you made a wise choice considering the circumstances!!! :appl: Your custom settings will be worth the wait!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, CharmedOne and 04diamond!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooooo...nice. The size is just perfect!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
DS! They look BEAAAAUUUUTIFUL! Huge and bright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look mighty purdy and stylish, too!

Congrats and wear them in the best of health! Wow, what a huge difference! LOVE!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome!!!! I am so happy that I upgraded my .40 each to .75! I love that size for everyday and they are so dang sparkly!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much eh613, Bliss, and Skippy!!!

Bliss...it is good to see you lady!!! I am working on my minature collection like yours! :lol:

Skippy...we do have close to the same e-ring and earring size! I just need to catch up with you on the OEC end! I am glad you are happy with your studs upgrade! I had .75's before and knew I needed to get back to that range! I get DSS when I see all the big studs here, though!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
They look gorgeous! The size suits you. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
geckodani|1352239794|3300107 said:
They look gorgeous! The size suits you. :)

Thanks so much, gecko!!! :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, DS. Those are beautiful studs. :love: :love: :love: :love:

I can def see the size difference. And you know I love larger stones (noooo, you don't say, lol :bigsmile: ).

And I also love H VS2 combo! :wink2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys, can't wait to see your new studs. I read on another thread you're getting 4ctw+ studs. WOWZA! :appl:

DS, I agree about the ratio of studs to ring. :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1352347770|3300942 said:

mom2boys, can't wait to see your new studs. I read on another thread you're getting 4ctw+ studs. WOWZA! :appl:

DS, I agree about the ratio of studs to ring. :cheeky:

I am just working on my mini-Phoenix/mom2boys/Bliss collection!!! I can't wait to see her new studs, too!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful DS! I would love to upgrade to that size sometime. They look gorgeous on you, especially since you have dark hair. I love the contrast that just makes them pop! Congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1352408777|3301392 said:
They are beautiful DS! I would love to upgrade to that size sometime. They look gorgeous on you, especially since you have dark hair. I love the contrast that just makes them pop! Congratulations!

Thank you! I do think you need some upgraded studs to go with that gorgeous ring of yours!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi DS, I know we have previously discussed your thoughts on martini versus basket settings and since your sized stones is where I would like to get to, I wanted to know if you feel that the basket droops at all in this size? Or sticks out? I ended up with martini's for my current set and while I love the fact that all I can see is diamond when I look at myself face on in the mirror, I kind of miss having the basket. The martini just nestles into my ear. When you look at yourself face on in a mirror, do you see the diamond full forward or do you get more of a side shot of the stud? Does that make sense? ha ha! It is hard to explain. Anywho, I am leaning towards trying the basket next go round.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results