shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Whiteflash Bella Pendant & Earrings in 18K Yellow Gold

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
The background story is as follows:

Back in December of 2010 and January 2011 Gemgirl (Lisa) designed and then commissioned Whiteflash to make a gorgeous pendant for her that she ultimately named “Bella” and which WF eventually offered for purchase on their website.

Below are Gemgirl’s threads of her Bella pendant journey:

Show me… The Beautiful CADs
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-the-beautiful-cads.153341/
Introducing!... The Whiteflash Bella Pendant
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-whiteflash-bella-pendant.155624/?hilit=Bella

So in love was I of this beautiful pendant that I just had to have it! I prefer my jewelry in yellow gold so I contacted Renee at Whiteflash, as she was the WF contact that had helped Gemgirl with her original Bella pendant. I asked Renee if WF could make it in yellow gold. The answer was, absolutely yes!

Besides the change from white to yellow gold, I also asked for a bezel set (instead of prong set) center diamond. I had selected three WF diamonds that I was considering using as the center stone for the pendant and decided to go with the largest one a .664 G SI1 ACA.

That left two slightly smaller stones left over (a .603 Expert Selection G VS2 and a .618 ACA G SI1), which thanks to my wonderful husband’s encouragement, I decided to make into matching earrings.

Below are my CAD’s and some WF glamour shots. The three piece earring and pendant set is being FedEx’d to me next week so I’ll have IRL pictures to add to this thread then.

The wonderful people at Whiteflash that helped me along the way and who I cannot speak more highly of are:

Renee B.: who so enthusiastically guided me through the whole process and was nothing but supportive and accommodating, even calling me when she was home sick with the flu to give me an update.

Joe D.: the CAD guy, who read my emails and accurately noted that, “I was not a small melee kind of gal” hence, we bumped the earring melee up to 2½ pointers.

Leon: The design/shop foreman who helped me brainstorm the earring design, taking into consideration the weight of the gold as well as the placement on the ear and overall comfort and aesthetic appeal. We agreed that omega backs were the best choice to keep the earring design aligned property.

Vera W.: Who so efficiently and diligently handled my wire payments and kept me apprised of where in the process the pieces were and what to expect as far as delivery and shipment.

Unfortunately I don’t know the name of the benchman who actually made these gorgeous pieces of jewelry. I do know that the same person worked on all three as Vera told me they wanted the work to be consistent and all done at the same time by the same person. She said he was one of their best jewelers. Perhaps I will be able to get his name next week, if yes, I will add it here.

And last, but certainly not least my thanks to Gemgirl (Lisa) without whom none of this would be possible without her beautiful concept and design of the original Bella pendant. I hope I did her design justice and she is OK with the small changes I made to the pendant and that she is as happy with the matching earring design as I am.

OK, so that’s the story…
Now here are the pics.

Enjoy!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
CADs
Milgrain and omega backs are not represented at this stage.

SuzyQZ 003.jpg

SuzyQZ 001.jpg

SuzyQZ 002.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
WF Glamour shots

SuzyQZ 004.jpg

SuzyQZ 005.jpg

SuzyQZ 008.jpg

SuzyQZ 007.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
More pics:
Renee from Whiteflash modeled my earrings for me.
She has much prettier ears than me!

SuzyQZ 012.jpg

SuzyQZ 011.jpg

SuzyQZ 006.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures of earring side views.

These are all the pictures I've got for now.
More next week after I get my Fed Ex.

Enjoy!!
SuzyQZ

SuzyQZ 009.jpg

SuzyQZ 010.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzy, that is a big 'ol huge WOW!!!! What a fantastic set!!!! So very beautiful!!! I cannot WAIT to see the real life shots
when you get these beauties! Please post a few from a real life perspective if you can. Stunning, congratulations!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous set! :love: :love: :love: You must be thrilled!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Absolutely Stunning!!! :appl:
Enjoy, Enjoy :twirl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Suzy...you are one lucky girl! They are all stunning!!! Love, love, love them!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, really beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful pieces. Love the pendant and the matching earrings. The yellow gold makes a nice contrast to the white of the diamonds.

I can hardly wait to see pictures of you wearing this jewelry. So pretty! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
What beauties! Simply gorgeous! I'm jealous :D Congratulations!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Suzy-gorgeous set!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I really like the bezel, accentuates the stone perfectly :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Love them! The 18k yellow gold looks fabulous!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzy! they look incredible! gorgeous,,,, yummy YELLOW GOLD!!! I love it! :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzy, that is a magnificent set :love:

GemGirl's Bella design looks just as beautiful in yellow metal as it does in white, and the earrings are stunning!! I would love to see those on you in-person - it must be blindingly blingy :sun: :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeaaahh!! I LOVE yellow gold!! You certainly did they design justice, it looks just amazing, the whole set. Great job by all!! :appl: :appl:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1302392029|2892230 said:
Suzy, that is a big 'ol huge WOW!!!! What a fantastic set!!!! So very beautiful!!! I cannot WAIT to see the real life shots
when you get these beauties! Please post a few from a real life perspective if you can. Stunning, congratulations!!!

Thanks L2S. I plan on taking lots of pictures when I get them next week. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see them too!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Lizzyann, Lucyloo, Tyty, Daimondseeker and Bean:

Thanks for the accolades, I appreciate you sharing my enthusiasm! :bigsmile:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1302403128|2892324 said:
Beautiful, beautiful pieces. Love the pendant and the matching earrings. The yellow gold makes a nice contrast to the white of the diamonds.

I can hardly wait to see pictures of you wearing this jewelry. So pretty! :appl:

The white diamonds contrasted against the yellow gold is an element that I love too. That's why I went with G color instead of lower, I wanted to make the contrast as great as I could afford. If I had the money to buy D or E color stones, I would have definitely done that. But alas, I can't have it all, so I think I accomplished my goal without breaking the bank.
Thank you for the compliment.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
stci and slg47:
Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you like the set too!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
artdecogirl|1302412047|2892372 said:
Lovely! I really like the bezel, accentuates the stone perfectly :love:

Artdecogirl, looks like we both love us some bezels! :naughty: I love the ring in your avatar.

Outlining the center diamond, that's exactly what I was going for.
I agonized over whether or not to milgrain the center bezel. I must have changed my mind a million times. But now that I see it, I'm glad I did it. But let me tell you, there were some very nervous days before I saw the finished product where I wondered whether I made the right decision or not.

Thank you for your post.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Laila and D&T:

Yes, I think there is nothing else like yellow gold. It's so luxurious, rich and buttery.
I have dark brown hair and my complexion, while not dark, looks better with the yellow tones of 18K YG.
All my pieces are 18K YG, no 14K YG at all. I do see a difference.

Maybe these pieces will convert a few ladies/gents over to the "yellow" side?
:naughty:
You never know, just maybe?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1302417776|2892400 said:
Suzy, that is a magnificent set :love:

GemGirl's Bella design looks just as beautiful in yellow metal as it does in white, and the earrings are stunning!! I would love to see those on you in-person - it must be blindingly blingy :sun: :appl:

Yssie:
I did email GemGirl a sneak preview of the CADs and she replied that she liked the changes and thought the pieces would look great. That email from her meant the world to me. She is a wonderful person and generous with her praise. I wanted to do right by her and her beautiful design.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi|1302423030|2892416 said:
Yeaaahh!! I LOVE yellow gold!! You certainly did they design justice, it looks just amazing, the whole set. Great job by all!! :appl: :appl:

Thanks Dandi!
I'll be posting lots of pictures next week, so come back to see them. :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Suzy- they are stunning :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Suz- I can't wait for these beauties to ship today and for you have them tomorrow! We loved working with you and it was such a pleasure being able to see your ideas come to fruition!!!

Looking forward to the pics once you get them! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results