shape
carat
color
clarity

Which PS personalities do you gravitate towards?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:38:06 AM
Author: TheBigT
Aw, reading this thread makes me feel bad for a post i wrote the other day in the bride forum. (If you're out there wellinsm, i'm sorry!).

I don't think I gravitate toward specific kinds of personalities, but there are some that turn me off completely. I have a hard time reading really rambling/scattered posts or communicating with people who don't share my sense of humor, for instance.

What I think is interesting is how different my own personality is on PS than in 'real life.' In my day-to-day interactions, especially as I train to be a litigator, I'm told over and over to be more assertive - I've actually been told to practice this. Because my natural tendency is not to be terribly assertive, it's a struggle (and sometimes it come out as aggressive). However, without the face-to-face contact, it's easier.

Makes me wonder how different these personalities that I'm drawn to (or turned off by) are outside the realm of the internet.
I'm with you! I can't stand reading walloftext.jpg posts! Ugh, grinds my gears. Paragraphs are a good thing!
11.gif

Other than that, I like the drinkers among us, the foodies, the style gurus, the moms, the aunts, the new brides, the old brides, the soon to be brides, the LIWs, the truth bringers, and the happy cheerleaders. . . I pretty much like all of you, as long as you don't write WALLS OF TEXT!!!!
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I guess I''m not feeling smarty pants today!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:32:07 PM
Author: decodelighted
Musey ... two key words have come up 'pot' & 'kettle' ... think there are a lot of LIW threads with those words in them? A quick search might be in order.
Whoops sorry, I thought the key word was auditor
20.gif

ETA: I'm not an idiot I swear, but I give up.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:34:44 PM
Author: musey
Musey ... two key words have come up ''pot'' & ''kettle'' ... think there are a lot of LIW threads with those words in them? A quick search might be in order.
20.gif
25.gif
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:34:44 PM
Author: musey

Musey ... two key words have come up 'pot' & 'kettle' ... think there are a lot of LIW threads with those words in them? A quick search might be in order.
20.gif
haha
4.gif
I wasn't clever enough to hide a secret message on how to find it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
To clarify, I've posted a total of 3 times on LIW (on other people's threads, never started a thread there) and none of those posts are at issue. The LIW reference is more of a breadcrumb thing, I think.

Deco, do you remember a shattered champagne glass?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I only mentioned the pot/kettle thread to jog tgal''s memory, but that had nothing to do with Gypsy. Sorry for the confusion, all!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:07:17 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/18/2009 8:24:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I tend to gravitate toward heavy drinkers.....
9.gif
And free spirits. No pun intended.

I like change and prize sincerity/integrity above all else.

All tipsy, funny, changlings need apply!

cheers--Sharon
1237356pr6q2nhnb7.gif

9.gif
25.gif

Gypsy, I remember that post/poster. Good riddance indeed.
2.gif
Oh my! Ellen that is the funniest icon I have EVER seen! It really reminds me of a would be suitor I had when I was young. He approached a mutual friend and asked her to tell me that he can "go all night". I still laugh my backside off when I think about it.

I have no idea about the thread you are talking about - but perhaps that is for the best.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:56:28 PM
Author: Gypsy
Feeling super sheepish because I *don''t*. The commotion/aftermath rings a bell though now that I''ve Clue-d in to who is in the library with the candlestick etc etc. Hope I was on the "right" side of that if I piped in at all
3.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:57:13 PM

Date: 2/19/2009 6:56:28 PM
Author: Gypsy
Feeling super sheepish because I *don''t*. The commotion/aftermath rings a bell though now that I''ve Clue-d in to who is in the library with the candlestick etc etc. Hope I was on the ''right'' side of that if I piped in at all
3.gif
Geeze Deco. Sigh.
3.gif

New clue:
Broken glass.....boy was that food (not so) tasty! BWW.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:03:01 PM
Author: luckystar112
Geeze Deco. Sigh.
3.gif

New clue:
Broken glass.....boy was that food (not so) tasty! BWW.

Good grief. I wasn''t even looking in the right year. I feel like a baby bird..thanks for practically regurgitating for me(us)!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:36:56 AM
Author: Deelight
I find more often then not even though I am an extrovert most of my friends IRL are introverted, so I guess I am attracted to polar opposites of myself. Sometimes I wonder why/how I became friends with certain people as apart from a shared past we have nothing in common, even my FI wonders the same thing. Online I tend to find friendships with people who are more so similar to me so I guess the lack of a shared past makes me find out other commonalities to share and connect with.

[*]I am a heck of a lot more reserved online, IRL I am fairly extroverted a little loud on occasion and laugh way to often and too long whereas online I tend to censor myself quite a bit not sure why but I do.

[*]I tend to fall into friendships for lack of a better term.

[*]I love cute nerdy guys.

[*]I love fluffy cute animals of all kinds.

[*]I generally love animals more then people.

[*]I like to observe and analyse you learn a lot about people that way.

[*]I overuse and abuse emoties I have a problem I have acknowledged and own it
25.gif

[*]I have a weird and stupid sense of humour.

[*]I am a hopeless romantic.

[*]I love sparklies.

[*]I very rarely dress up - I am a very casual chikita
1.gif

LOL....that''s a good one.
3.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 1:10:45 AM
Author: Elegant
OMG - we could be twins, seriously! You sound just like me!!! Just a few exceptions though...

* I am an extrovert
* I am VERY dry and sarcastic.
* I prefer funny over cute.
* I''m attracted to confident men who are good, and I see they are good, at what they do
* I like dogs better than cats.
* I stick to the topic, but I think my posts are boring
* I''m a tomboy at heart, so I''m not very girly (but I LOVE anything pink and sparkly!
* I prefer warm and colored diamonds.
* I prefer vintagey styles.
* I love bezels - still iffy on halos though
* I prefer eye-clean over mind-clean.
* I prefer angular shapes
* Double Income, unmarried, no ring, no Kids
* I LOVE romantic and scary movies (I was embarrassed about the romantic movies, but I''ve accepted that I like them)
* I am NOT a morning or afternoon person.
* I prefer male friends to female friends
* I prefer jeans to formal attire (I think I am a hippy at heart)
* I need to feel strongly about a post to actually post
* I hate digital organizaer/calendars - I like paper ones...
* I only post when I feel I can contribute - so that isn''t very often
Wooohooo!!! My first PS twin who also happens to be a fellow teacher! What are the chances of running into someone who loves both romantic and scary movies at the same time??? My favorite romantic movie has to be The Wedding Singer.
30.gif
I''ve seen that movie thousands of times and I never tired of it. My favorite scary movie (not slasher, but hauntings/ghosts/eerie) has to be 1408 with John Cusack. Talk about creepy!

I don''t know why, but men are so easy for me to figure out. Maybe it''s because I think like one. Maybe it''s because I grew up with four brothers,, or I''m a tomboy at heart. But I seem to get along better with men than women. There are only certan types of women that I click with, and they are usually the secure ones who don''t take themselves and others too seriously.

I also need to be interested in a thread to actually take the time to post. Hence, the low post count since 2005.

How are things at your end, Elegant? Are things getting better with the voltures? My principal has been on a rampage lately. She''s been coming to my room in the past few days...and just looking for something to harp on. The kids were fine, they were engaged and learning. Honestly, I just act like she''s not even there.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there platinumrock!

Twins! Yay!
9.gif
That''s awesome.

Well, the situation is what it is...I''m making my efforts more obvious to her tastes and I haven''t seen her walk around near my room at all...grrr... I talked to my grade level about her telling me that they went to her to tell her that I wasn''t participating and they were furious because they said none of them did that. I am going to write a rebuttal letter of sorts and have it placed in my file with the evaluation. I won''t be mean, just factual. Every day I drive close to work I have a horrible pit in my stomach and each and every time I park and get out I want to resign. I talked to my bf about it and asked him about resigning (since we share bank accounts) and he said, considering how bad the economy is right now and how horrible the education budget is here, he told me to buck up and try to deal with it. He is going through something very similar at his work, so he was telling me about ways to deal... So I guess I won''t resign...yet.

Interesting that your principal is out and about too... It''s like, come on people, do your job!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 6:09:51 PM
Hey there platinumrock!

Twins! Yay!
9.gif
That''s awesome.

Well, the situation is what it is...I''m making my efforts more obvious to her tastes and I haven''t seen her walk around near my room at all...grrr... I talked to my grade level about her telling me that they went to her to tell her that I wasn''t participating and they were furious because they said none of them did that. I am going to write a rebuttal letter of sorts and have it placed in my file with the evaluation. I won''t be mean, just factual. Every day I drive close to work I have a horrible pit in my stomach and each and every time I park and get out I want to resign. I talked to my bf about it and asked him about resigning (since we share bank accounts) and he said, considering how bad the economy is right now and how horrible the education budget is here, he told me to buck up and try to deal with it. He is going through something very similar at his work, so he was telling me about ways to deal... So I guess I won''t resign...yet.

Interesting that your principal is out and about too... It''s like, come on people, do your job!
Hahaaa...you don''t know how many times I''ve thought that about the CRT''s and other teachers at my school. Seriously, who has time to spy on other teachers in their classrooms and pick apart every little thing they do? There''s a reason why I''m so tired at the end of the day. It''s definitely not from sitting around!
40.gif

Yaaay for writing a rebuttal letter, sticking with the facts and staying professional. It''s unfair that she''s making false statements about you when you are doing your job. As much as I understand about your desire to just get up and leave, your BF is right. Jobs are scarce these days, especially teaching positions, and when you have one, try to hold on to it. I''m also tempted to go to another school with less drama, but I''ve been at my school for two years, and I don''t have to worry about my job. I know that I''ll have a spot every year as long as I do my job. And I still need to complete my Professional Certification. I don''t want to go to a new school and risk being laid off because I''m the newcomer.

What does your BF do for a living?

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 6:21:29 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
2/18/2009 12:16:59 PM
Author: cnspotts

Hello, my name is Karen, I have too many pets, I cannot help myself. (3 dogs,1 cat,3 snakes,1 frog,6 lizards,2 turtles, did I forget anybody?)
I lurk mostly to unwind as much as to watch the interactions, I have learned much about diamonds too, rarely add my .02 to threads
There are personalities here that I miss when they seem to go away

...and you have been here for quite a while! Would you like to be added to the Pricescope Census? (Sorry to threadjack!)

Deb
34.gif
Yes! I miss all the good stuff sometimes , so thank you for including me.
36.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 7:18:12 PM
Author: platinumrock

Hey there platinumrock!

Twins! Yay!
9.gif
That''s awesome.

Hahaaa...you don''t know how many times I''ve thought that about the CRT''s and other teachers at my school. Seriously, who has time to spy on other teachers in their classrooms and pick apart every little thing they do? There''s a reason why I''m so tired at the end of the day. It''s definitely not from sitting around!
40.gif

Yaaay for writing a rebuttal letter, sticking with the facts and staying professional. It''s unfair that she''s making false statements about you when you are doing your job. As much as I understand about your desire to just get up and leave, your BF is right. Jobs are scarce these days, especially teaching positions, and when you have one, try to hold on to it. I''m also tempted to go to another school with less drama, but I''ve been at my school for two years, and I don''t have to worry about my job. I know that I''ll have a spot every year as long as I do my job. And I still need to complete my Professional Certification. I don''t want to go to a new school and risk being laid off because I''m the newcomer.

Yeah, this is my ninth year of teaching but my first year at that school! Ugh.

My bf is a network engineer. He''s an interesting guy...
41.gif

Are you married? Or have a SO?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 9:42:09 PM

Date: 2/22/2009 7:18:12 PM

Hey there platinumrock!

Twins! Yay!
9.gif
That''s awesome.

40.gif

Yeah, this is my ninth year of teaching but my first year at that school! Ugh.

My bf is a network engineer. He''s an interesting guy...
41.gif

Are you married? Or have a SO?
Wow, you''ve been teaching for 9 years??? Seriously, there is something wrong with your principal. A hard-working teacher with that type of experience is hard to find, and you should be valued. Did you always teach elementary?

Haha..I have three brothers that are engineers. They can be dorks sometimes, but they are sweet. How does your BF like his job? Does he work in the Bay Area?

I''ve been married for about 4 years. Together 8 years. But it doesn''t seem that long when I think about about. My husband is also a teacher. He teaches Spanish and coaches soccer in high school. He''s been teaching for 5 years. It really helps to be married to a fellow teacher. It can be very physically and emotionally draining. But winter and summer vacations are so awesome, aren''t they?
31.gif

How long have you been with your BF?

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 10:05:29 PM
Wow, you''ve been teaching for 9 years??? Seriously, there is something wrong with your principal. A hard-working teacher with that type of experience is hard to find, and you should be valued. Did you always teach elementary?

Haha..I have three brothers that are engineers. They can be dorks sometimes, but they are sweet. How does your BF like his job? Does he work in the Bay Area?

I''ve been married for about 4 years. Together 8 years. But it doesn''t seem that long when I think about about. My husband is also a teacher. He teaches Spanish and coaches soccer in high school. He''s been teaching for 5 years. It really helps to be married to a fellow teacher. It can be very physically and emotionally draining. But winter and summer vacations are so awesome, aren''t they?
31.gif

Yeah, this is my 9th year...and apparently my last if my principal has any say! Hard getting a job without a good reference...grrr...she''s no match for me - I''ll show her what I''m made of and fight for my job.

I''ve always taught elementary. My first teaching job was 5th grade, then I moved to another 5th grade job for a couple of years, and then switched to 3rd grade at my school - my principal knew I wanted to switch - that was nice. I went from 30 students to 20!!! Major eye opener. Now I am teaching all 4th grade GATE children. I am lucky though because my district is paying for me to get my GATE certification. So, although it has taken me a while to work on my dissertation, at least I get a certification not very many people have.

Yeah, my bf is funny/awkward/dorky at times, but that''s what I like I guess. He is very logical, which is completely opposite of me - I am SOOOOOOO emotional at times, and he balances me out. He likes his job but hates his boss - sounds so familiar! Yeah, he works in the Bay area. Your brothers are engineers huh? Do they like their jobs? Where are they located? My bf works on computer networks - he''s really good with computers.

We''ve been together 16 years in June this year - we met in high school - I''m going to be 33 next month. He''s my one and only actually. High school sweet hearts. No proposal, no ring, but I think I might get an anniversary ring soon...we''ll see. I think he is starting to feel guilty!
27.gif

Yes, I am sure having someone you are with also be a teacher is great. My bf totally understands that my work consumes me and I have to stay late or take work home with me, etc. Yes, I love my vacations...well deserved though don''t you think?
17.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gravitate towards my fellow teachers, articulate posters, people with strong opinions, pet owners, and those with pretty avatars. And there are a few posters with whose ideas I really identify, so I always read what they have to say. (I''m pretty sure Holly and Elmorton and I are all related somehow, as we are definitely kindred spirits.)

I also have a really difficult time transferring what I learn about a poster from one thread to another, so I don''t really read much into most posts beyond what the person is saying right then and there. So, if someone says something that shocks or appalls me in ATW, for example, it''s likely that I won''t even make the connection between that and their thread with new puppy pictures in Family and Home.

Over time I do start to develop an idea of who a poster is after I''ve interacted with them repeatedly, but it takes me a while for me to connect the dots. I''m a really visual person, so I have an especially difficult time if someone frequently changes their avatar, or if they have a screen name that doesn''t really stand out in my mind.

I also forget about negative threads really quickly, so I don''t really have negative feelings about any posters here. I''m so sorry to hear that you had a bad time in a thread, Gypsy. I hope I didn''t contribute to any negativity. I think you are a beautiful person inside and out, so it''s upsetting to hear that that happened.

OH! One thing I noticed is that I''m often more drawn to a poster after we have a disagreement in a thread and work it out. Musey and I had some disagreement a long time ago about something I can''t even remember, we "talked" it out, and I''ve had a soft spot for her ever since! (And she has one of the prettiest avatars, which is another thing I''m drawn to.)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 10:38:02 PM
Author: Haven
OH! One thing I noticed is that I''m often more drawn to a poster after we have a disagreement in a thread and work it out. Musey and I had some disagreement a long time ago about something I can''t even remember, we ''talked'' it out, and I''ve had a soft spot for her ever since! (And she has one of the prettiest avatars, which is another thing I''m drawn to.)
Haven, I feel exactly the same way
2.gif
(and thanks about my avatar!)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 10:33:58 PM

Date: 2/22/2009 10:05:29 PM

31.gif

Yeah, this is my 9th year...and apparently my last if my principal has any say! Hard getting a job without a good reference...grrr...she''s no match for me - I''ll show her what I''m made of and fight for my job.

I''ve always taught elementary. My first teaching job was 5th grade, then I moved to another 5th grade job for a couple of years, and then switched to 3rd grade at my school - my principal knew I wanted to switch - that was nice. I went from 30 students to 20!!! Major eye opener. Now I am teaching all 4th grade GATE children. I am lucky though because my district is paying for me to get my GATE certification. So, although it has taken me a while to work on my dissertation, at least I get a certification not very many people have.

Yeah, my bf is funny/awkward/dorky at times, but that''s what I like I guess. He is very logical, which is completely opposite of me - I am SOOOOOOO emotional at times, and he balances me out. He likes his job but hates his boss - sounds so familiar! Yeah, he works in the Bay area. Your brothers are engineers huh? Do they like their jobs? Where are they located? My bf works on computer networks - he''s really good with computers.

We''ve been together 16 years in June this year - we met in high school - I''m going to be 33 next month. He''s my one and only actually. High school sweet hearts. No proposal, no ring, but I think I might get an anniversary ring soon...we''ll see. I think he is starting to feel guilty!
27.gif

Yes, I am sure having someone you are with also be a teacher is great. My bf totally understands that my work consumes me and I have to stay late or take work home with me, etc. Yes, I love my vacations...well deserved though don''t you think?
17.gif
YEAH, that''s the spirit! Don''t get mad, get even.
27.gif
I taught 4th and 5th grade last year, and I must say I like the older kids better. They''re able to sit still longer, you can have a more varied conversation with them, you can stretch a lesson plan longer and they certainly have larger bladders..LOL. But the 2nd graders are cute though....they are like sponges...they absorb everything that you teach them, including manners!

My husband and I are the opposite. I''m the dorky one and he''s more calm and collected. But like your BF, he''s more logical and rational. I am also emotional, like you, and he balances me out. How funny is that! Two of my brothers work in San Jose as Electrical Engineers, and they like their jobs. They''re been doing it for a long time. Another brother of mine is a Mining Engineer and he currently lives in Australia. What part of the Bay do you guys live in? Gosh, I haven''t visited the Bay since 2005 when I visited.

Wow, 16 years since high school???? Congratulations!! Awwww....high school sweethearts. What a sweet story! Just curious, and you don''t have to answer if you don''t want to, but have you and your BF ever talked about marriage? Or is that not a part of your plans? Gosh, I didn''t have my first serious adult relationship until I was 20. You could say I was a late bloomer.
9.gif
And a commitment-phobe...
32.gif

But if you were to look at e-rings, what kind of diamond and setting would you like?

The down-side to being married to another teacher is that we become so tired that neither one of us wants to cook or clean. All we want to do is curl up and take a long nap...haha...or as I call it, a coma. I look forward to weekends because of the long comas. And yes, you are absolutely right, vacations make up for all of the crap that we have to deal with.
11.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it''s time to start a "teachers'' lounge" thread?

Not that I''d check in there... the thought of being sent anywhere near "the office" still makes me quake!
2.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:22:37 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Maybe it''s time to start a ''teachers'' lounge'' thread?

Not that I''d check in there... the thought of being sent anywhere near ''the office'' still makes me quake!
2.gif

Haha...that''s actually a great idea, VRBeauty!

You know, some schools still "paddle" kids who get sent to the principal''s office.
11.gif

Lords knows that would cut down on "discipline issues"....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 10:34:55 PM

Not that I''d check in there... the thought of being sent anywhere near ''the office'' still makes me quake!
2.gif

You know, some schools still ''paddle'' kids who get sent to the principal''s office.
11.gif

Lords knows that would cut down on ''discipline issues''....
So... do I get a gold star? * hint, hint*
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:51:37 PM

Date: 2/24/2009 10:34:55 PM

2.gif

You know, some schools still ''paddle'' kids who get sent to the principal''s office.
11.gif

Lords knows that would cut down on ''discipline issues''....
31.gif
Were you ever sent to the principal''s office?

Come on, spill it!
11.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 11:02:39 PM

31.gif
Were you ever sent to the principal's office?

Come on, spill it!
11.gif
Nah, I was an OC -- Oldest Child -- thr only daughter at that, born in a old country family -- born in the old country, come to think of it! A boringly good, eager-to-please child.

As I'm sure you guessed from my request for a gold star!

So....

Having more or less outgrown that, I appreciate and gravitate towards the PS free spirits who aren't afraid to speak their minds, especially if they do so with grace and humor.

to a point, that is!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:19:43 PM

Date: 2/24/2009 11:02:39 PM

31.gif
Were you ever sent to the principal's office?

Come on, spill it!
11.gif
Nah, I was an OC -- Oldest Child -- thr only daughter at that, born in a old country family -- born in the old country, come to think of it! A boringly good, eager-to-please child.

As I'm sure you guessed from my request for a gold star!

So....

Having more or less outgrown that, I appreciate and gravitate towards the PS free spirits who aren't afraid to speak their minds, especially if they do so with grace and humor.

to a point, that is!
Gosh, you don't know how I appreciate students like you....you make me job so much easier and enjoyable. Of course I have the knuckle-headed, hard-headed ones that need more proof that I care about them...LOL. Gotta love them, though, because they have the biggest hearts. And when they let me in, they give me their full trust.

But I do have a soft-spot for the eager-to-please children...they are like a breath of fresh air.
30.gif

I also gravitate towards PS'ers with a sense of humor, an open mind and honest observations. Oh, and kids at heart!
face20.gif

VRBeauty, you earned your gold star!
36.gif

Do you prefer white gold, yellow gold or rose gold?
31.gif

ETA: Are you a teacher too?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I gravitate toward Haven.
9.gif
And Deb.
28.gif

I look for specific posters, like everyone does. There are those whose posts are always pithy, or tart, full of great advice, or humorous. I appreciate the poster who isn''t looking only to respond on a thread, but perhaps ''entertain'' with his or her posts. They enjoy eliciting a laugh, and starting some back and forth banter. Everyone enjoys playing along.

When the subject matter is controversial, there are posters I always read; I may not agree with them, but I''m always interested in their opinion, even if they aren''t interested in mine. I don''t necessarily gravitate toward posters who agree with me in all things. Sometimes we never ''meet'' outside of those types of topics.

I appreciate and have a fondness for the poster willing to overlook ''differences'' and find common ground with a poster they have disagreed with on a non-jewelry topic. Never underestimate the value and contributions of a peacemaker.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:19:24 PM
YEAH, that's the spirit! Don't get mad, get even.
27.gif
I taught 4th and 5th grade last year, and I must say I like the older kids better. They're able to sit still longer, you can have a more varied conversation with them, you can stretch a lesson plan longer and they certainly have larger bladders..LOL. But the 2nd graders are cute though....they are like sponges...they absorb everything that you teach them, including manners!

My husband and I are the opposite. I'm the dorky one and he's more calm and collected. But like your BF, he's more logical and rational. I am also emotional, like you, and he balances me out. How funny is that! Two of my brothers work in San Jose as Electrical Engineers, and they like their jobs. They're been doing it for a long time. Another brother of mine is a Mining Engineer and he currently lives in Australia. What part of the Bay do you guys live in? Gosh, I haven't visited the Bay since 2005 when I visited.

Wow, 16 years since high school???? Congratulations!! Awwww....high school sweethearts. What a sweet story! Just curious, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but have you and your BF ever talked about marriage? Or is that not a part of your plans? Gosh, I didn't have my first serious adult relationship until I was 20. You could say I was a late bloomer.
9.gif
And a commitment-phobe...
32.gif

But if you were to look at e-rings, what kind of diamond and setting would you like?

The down-side to being married to another teacher is that we become so tired that neither one of us wants to cook or clean. All we want to do is curl up and take a long nap...haha...or as I call it, a coma. I look forward to weekends because of the long comas. And yes, you are absolutely right, vacations make up for all of the crap that we have to deal with.
11.gif
Wow - haven't been on here for a while - been busy trying to save my job!!!
We live near Vallejo in NorCal. We like it here. It is beautiful.
Yeah, we talked about marriage, but it isn't in the cards. I've complained about it/posted about it several times around here. I want an anniversary ring really bad, and he promised to give me one, but he never did (anniversary was in June, and now it will be in June this yer - 16 years together).

For my anniversary ring I want this ring, the one like Purrfectpear's (this is the picture she posted of her ring in her post - hopefully she won't mind me posting it here, I love it beyond words)...I think it is gorgeous!!! It has the perfect combo of not too much round but not too much angle...it's from Vatche! I love it...one day, one day...and I want to pick my own diamond for it too. Not necessarily an antique diamond, round would be fine... and I don't know what it might look like in yellow gold - would it lose the look I am looking for? I like yellow gold and platinum...

Vatche ring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results