shape
carat
color
clarity

Which PS personalities do you gravitate towards?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cats, but like and appreciate dogs.

Not a fashionista.

Ditto Musey. Like people with a good sense of humor who cut to the chase.

I don''t get offended easily, but if you do offend me, I will likely remember it... until you apologize. Then I just forget, unless it was truly heinous, then I''ll just remember. If you don''t apologize. I won''t forget.

I appreciate honest criticism as long as it''s tempered with a genuine desire to be helpful.

I can be snarky and grumpy. But I''m easy to get out of that.

I like nice people too, I just don''t count myself among them. Loyalty counts a lot with me.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 6:31:05 PM
Author: Gypsy
I don't get offended easily, but if you do offend me, I will likely remember it... until you apologize. Then I just forget, unless it was truly heinous, then I'll just remember. If you don't apologize. I won't forget.
Full ditto on this.

I've noticed that the majority of people who tend post offensive things are hesitant to apologize or admit any kind of wrongdoing. That's their prerogative, but I do not tend to forget it on the rare occasion (has happened probably only 3 or 4 times in the 2.5 years I've been hanging around here) that someone has done something truly worth apologizing for, but doesn't admit to it.

The good thing is that the VAST majority of people who participate in these forums don't tend to post overtly offensive stuff. Then again, I pretty much stay out of ATW
11.gif
9.gif
so I could be seeing peoples' nicer sides!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:56:35 PM
Author: Mara

a fun idea platinumrock....here are some of mine:

--dogs over cats
--pets over kids
--very practical over emotional
--close friends not lots of casuals
--really appreciate frank honesty (yes my butt looks big in that)
--DINKS
--not a girly girl but appreciates fashion, likes pink
--nester not a partier
--independent not codependent
--life is short so i speak my mind and move on
--memory like an elephant though...i rarely forget a detail
--has a myriad of hobbies/interests instead of just one
--love comedies/funny things....to laugh vs anything serious
--tropical relaxating vacation over working vacation
--lover of length over brevity
--planner/scheduler, not along for the ride
--love mornings ... but only when i am not required to be getting ready for work
9.gif

--always want to be learning something new, love a challenge
--extremely loyal to my inner circle
--impulse shopper but also an over-planner on the ''big'' things (balenciaga!)
--''why wait'' kind of mentality vs ''save it for a rainy day''
--can be social when desired or required but really am more introverted and prefer time alone
--impulsive and forgetful at the same time
--either like it or i REALLY don''t and it rarely changes
31.gif

I think Mara and I may be twins. haha. I found a lot (ok almost all) the same to be true of myself, I just wasn''t sure how to word it and came across her post and was like "wow, thats me!"

-- I definitely have a "why wait" mentality, but FF has a "save it for a rainy day" one, so I guess I find myself attracted towards the savers, but envy the spenders!
-- I love colored and warm colored diamonds.
-- I prefer eye clean over mind clean when it comes to stones.
-- I am a pretty shy person overall
-- I find myself reading more from certain posters that I can relate to or that have qualities about them that I like and would like to have more of
-- Each poster has a different ''voice'' in my head that I have assigned for them and that normally determines which posts I read or skip.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Musey, it''s happened to me only once where someone attacked me badly and in a hurtful manner. I responded stating that I thought the comment was out of line briefly and with EXTREME restraint, hoping for an apology, and instead of apologizing the person justified their actions further. Another PSer (who will always hold a special place for me) said everything I could not (as too angry and hurt) and put that person in thier place. The out of line poster is no longer an active posting member (though by choice). I have found that the ''bad apples'' tend to show their colors eventually then fade off once everyone has seen them for what they are, and that the cream of crop rises here in PS and shows what kind loyal and wonderful people they are, which is why this place continues to be as wonderful as it is. I think you are definitely cream of the crop Musey.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 2:58:59 PM
Author: Bia
I gravitate to people who don't take themselves (or others) too seriously. I also appreciate those who can be open minded and those who are not petty. If someone can't take a joke, then I probably wouldn't know how to feel comfortable around that individual IRL.

I like: funny, quirky, sweet, kind, smart (but not necessarily intellectual), interesting, inquisitive, outgoing (b/c I am not IRL), life-of-the-party types
36.gif

I dislike: judgmental, obvious, snarky, pretentious, know-it-alls
25.gif
<<<-----ETA: I've only encountered 1 or 2 of those types here on PS...
16.gif
but i still love ya.
bighug5.gif

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
What a great idea platinumrock!!!
16.gif

I'm a bit of a lurker around here, haha a bit I think thats an understatement!!! I'm usually lurking whilst I'm bored at work (which is often!).

I have a rather umm British sense of humor, black and twisted! I often find myself laughing in a cinema and no one else is!
9.gif

I'm a cat person.

I'm going to study to become a gemologist later this year so finding PS is one word... AWESOME!!!!

I really enjoy reading Loriel's posts and how she(?) intereacts with others 'Bruddah'!!! I agree with Maisey's take on this topic! Musey also! Gary (Cut Nut) is my hero, I appreciate how straightforward and no-nonsence he is.

Hmmm I shouldn't have started listing because I could go on and on for ages about all the awesome PS'rs on here!
emwink.gif

What I find very, very annoying is people who take themselves far too seriously and seem to get offended at posts that are open and neutral (not pointed at anyone) then demand the original poster spells out to the dot exactually what they were saying, even when its pretty clear. (does that make sense??
emotion-40.gif
)

Oh and I love emotcons?? I think they can definatly get the message across easier!
30.gif

ETA: My gramma and spelling can be very ordinary, sorry about that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a great sense of humor.

Love people that are direct, but kind.
2.gif

If you are on a high horse, I don''t read your posts.

I love give and take. As long as things are respectful.

I don''t take myself seriously.

I come here for fun, to learn and to share.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy--I remember, and to that poster I say "good riddance"! I''m glad she took a hike because I don''t think I could have held it in much longer. She had you allllll figured out though, didn''t she?
20.gif
I''m sure you don''t want to rehash it but I couldn''t resist commenting because to this day I''m still basking in the glory of her absense. That''s how much tongue-biting I did.

So needless to say that''s the type of personality I DON''T gravitate towards.
31.gif

Musey, I hope I didn''t piss you off with my Katy Perry comments.
3.gif

Anyway, I gravitate to the posters I find interesting in one way or another. Just an example, I find TLH hilarious in a doorknob solitaire kind of way. TLH, I cyber-stalk your posts. Nice to meet you, I''m luckystar.
3.gif

Besides that, I gravitate toward people that have a great "storyline", who are in similar walks of life with me (like if you were a LIW with me, or if you were planning your wedding at the same time), who I have things in common with, etc.

I think my PS personality can be kind of dull. lol. I like reading a good vent thread over a lovey-dovey type thread. I like a little snark every once in a while. Unless you''re a career snarker. I know some people don''t like ATW, but I do. Perhaps the joke is on me but I tend to think that everyone at least likes me.
3.gif
I mean, I obviously like them--and I wouldn''t hang out there if I thought they were idiots. hmmmm what else? I''m drawn to smart people. I''m drawn to sweet people. I''m drawn to RESPECTFUL tell-it-like-it-is people like Tgal. I''m attracted to the moms, since that is my next stop in life. That''s about it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I tend to gravitate toward heavy drinkers.....
9.gif
And free spirits. No pun intended.

I like change and prize sincerity/integrity above all else.

All tipsy, funny, changlings need apply!

cheers--Sharon

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 7:27:28 PM
I have found that the 'bad apples' tend to show their colors eventually then fade off once everyone has seen them for what they are, and that the cream of crop rises here in PS and shows what kind loyal and wonderful people they are, which is why this place continues to be as wonderful as it is. I think you are definitely cream of the crop Musey.
2.gif
Why, thank you, Gypsy
1.gif
the feeling is definitely mutual!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:11:06 PM
Author: Kaleigh

2.gif

What a great way to put it. Ditto!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:24:24 PM
Author: luckystar112
Musey, I hope I didn't piss you off with my Katy Perry comments.
3.gif
Oh, no! I try my best not to take such things personally
1.gif
I do understand that people will form opinions on celebrities based upon aspects of their public persona... and even if I may not personally agree with the opinions, it is how things go in this world
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:25:59 PM

2.gif

Awww, thanks!!!
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:24:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Sums it up for me! *hiccup*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:25:59 PM

2.gif

If you are on a high horse, I don't read your posts.

I don't take myself seriously.

Thritto. I also like some silliness mixed in, it keeps me laughing
9.gif
Sharon, thritto on drinks. hehe
embeer.gif

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Im soooooo sorry Lorelei I just realized on my above post I spelt your ''name'' wrong.

Oops
emembarrassed.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 7:27:28 PM
Hi Musey, it''s happened to me only once where someone attacked me badly and in a hurtful manner. I responded stating that I thought the comment was out of line briefly and with EXTREME restraint, hoping for an apology, and instead of apologizing the person justified their actions further. Another PSer (who will always hold a special place for me) said everything I could not (as too angry and hurt) and put that person in thier place. The out of line poster is no longer an active posting member (though by choice). I have found that the ''bad apples'' tend to show their colors eventually then fade off once everyone has seen them for what they are, and that the cream of crop rises here in PS and shows what kind loyal and wonderful people they are, which is why this place continues to be as wonderful as it is. I think you are definitely cream of the crop Musey.
2.gif
If you''re referring to the incident that I think you are, it was awful. Sorry.
7.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 8:42:33 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 2/18/2009 8:24:49 PM
HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Sums it up for me! *hiccup*
HI:

emthup.gif
we must drink heavily next time I am in LA--then sober up and go to Singlestone. Or the other way around. Miss Skippy should come too!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:03:18 PM
HI:

emthup.gif
we must drink heavily next time I am in LA--then sober up and go to Singlestone. Or the other way around. Miss Skippy should come too!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

drinkingbuddies.gif

Come on ovah y'all! Skip, Sharon...I'm laying out the red carpet. LA awaits your arrival!

*hic*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:28:02 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 2/18/2009 10:03:18 PM
HI:

emthup.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

drinkingbuddies.gif

Come on ovah y'all! Skip, Sharon...I'm laying out the red carpet. LA awaits your arrival!

*hic*
martini.gif
Sounds fab!!
9.gif
3.gif
lol.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
This is a great thread and it''s kind of hard for me to answer, but I suppose I can try.

I probably have huge blinders on, but for the most part, I really enjoy everyone. I respect everyone and I appreciate what they add to the forum.

I think I gravitate towards the parents and homemakers of the board because that''s basically my life right now. I like nice real people.

Some things about me:
- I''m very much a nerd/dork. I think I''m kind of weird.
- I love learning about different things, people, places, and experiences. I think that''s one of the reasons why I come here.
- Even though I''m drawn to the parents, I kind of feel out of place posting in some of the Family threads. I read a great deal of the threads, but I don''t post that much.
- Obviously, I tend to make female friends easier than male friends. My best friends are girls.
- I love clothes and fashion and I USED to shop a lot. Well, I still shop, just not for myself.
- I''m a very meticulous planner/organizer.
- I have a tendency to be brutally honest, but I try to say things in a nice way because it never comes from a bad place. I''m not sure if that part of my personality comes out on PS.
- I''m a giver and I will help anyone to the best of my abilities.
- I have a lot of traditional beliefs.
- I''m sooo unbelievably preppy that it''s not even funny.
- Single income.
- I do a small amount of college counseling and test prep. I also conduct alumni interviews for Penn.
- Basically, I''m just a boy from Alabama. I don''t think too much of myself, but I think the world of others.

- I have to say that I cannot stand people that throw or push money towards sales associates.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, as usual, Musey and Gypsy summed it up pretty well for me.

I appreciate the occasional bit of sarcasm (I can be VERY sarcastic IRL).
I love people who are hard to please.
I have a weird sense of humour.
I like people who can be straightforward, but tactful at the same time.
I like people who are willing to help out.
I like athletic, handy guys. If you couldn''t build a hut on an island and still have the energy for a game of soccer or rugby, I''m not interested.
I love smart people. Smarts and the the ability to think through an issue (and potentially change your mind/opinion) are very attractive to me as friends and SOs.

I do tend to avoid netnannies, though. I don''t like feeling like somebody''s trying to be my mother. Funnily enough, I often find that it''s not *mothers* that do this online. At least not here.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Dislike: people who are hostile, combative or illogical. Also, people who can't apologize.

Like: People who are funny and lighthearted, zany, sarcastic, silly.

Love: Really intelligent and intellectual posters, people who are very comfortable in their own skin, or really unique, people who are super in love and have cute and healthy relationships!

Me:

* I'm not at all a girly girl, and sometimes feel utterly conflicted about even loving PS because it is a lot about weddings and diamonds, neither of which I value super highly. (can't really explain that one well... but I do kinda feel like weddings and diamonds are a waste of money
23.gif
)
* I like to say crazy things to amuse myself or others
* I'm slow to take offense, and quick to apologize
* I like angular cuts on diamonds and hate RBs
* I gravitate towards people who are non-traditional
* I like openminded people
* I use WAY too many emoties
* I like to relate my life to other posters
* NOT a morning person
* Love war and football movies, or indy films. Will totally pass on romantic comedies.
* I love college football, and esp. my alma mater!
* Fantasize about step cuts! Esp. step cut trillions!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet and Lucky, thank you both very much, yes, you remember correctly, and were both very supportive which I greatly appreciated, then and now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:13:48 PM
Harriet and Lucky, thank you both very much, yes, you remember correctly, and were both very supportive which I greatly appreciated, then and now.
Someone pissed you off? And it wasn''t me? Hmph.

And to answer the question, I hate all posters because I''m a grump.
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
lol Tgal. I'm being kind of obscure, but if you think kind of hard I think you'll remember being the "pot" in a LIW thread. That was right around the "good riddance".

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:23:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/18/2009 11:13:48 PM
Someone pissed you off? And it wasn''t me? Hmph.

And to answer the question, I hate all posters because I''m a grump.
9.gif
Gypsy,
I am glad she is gone. We don''t need that negativity here.

TG,
You are always so spot on. You are direct, very funny. But you are KIND. YUP, I said it. You are a nice person.

Hate me now??? LOL!!!!
31.gif
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:31:20 PM
lol Tgal. I''m being kind of obscure, but if you think kind of hard I think you''ll remember being the ''pot'' in a LIW thread. That was right around the ''good riddance''.
Yes, I just realized what Gypsy was talking about. And yes, I believe the pot called the kettle black, but I felt the pot needed to do the call out on the thread you are talking about. I saw that trait of the hit and run with no apology quite early on...is I''s smart?
41.gif

But goddamn, you have a scary memory.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:37:37 PM

lol Tgal. I''m being kind of obscure, but if you think kind of hard I think you''ll remember being the ''pot'' in a LIW thread. That was right around the ''good riddance''.
Yes, I just realized what Gypsy was talking about. And yes, I believe the pot called the kettle black, but I felt the pot needed to do the call out on the thread you are talking about. I saw that trait of the hit and run with no apology quite early on...is I''s smart?
41.gif

hahahaha! I was going to edit my post and put "I have the memory of an elephant" but I didn''t.
I seriously do though, it''s insane. I almost commented on the thread I''m referring to in order to second what you said and add my own commentary. Boy would it have been a doozy!!!!
31.gif
I was fed up at that point. But I chickened out and deleted the post. I have no balls.
7.gif
Should have saved a file to reminisce like you do! lol! Ah well. The problem took care of itself.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:43:03 PM

Date: 2/18/2009 11:37:37 PM

41.gif

hahahaha! I was going to edit my post and put ''I have the memory of an elephant'' but I didn''t.
I seriously do though, it''s insane. I almost commented on the thread I''m referring to in order to second what you said and add my own commentary. Boy would it have been a doozy!!!!
31.gif
I was fed up at that point. But I chickened out and deleted the post. I have no balls.
7.gif
Should have saved a file to reminisce like you do! lol! Ah well. The problem took care of itself.
True story...I once tried to make a point to TGuy that I have a sharp memory. I said to him, "I have the memory of, what is the saying? I think it''s an elephant?"

Of course I realized what I was saying, but at that point, it was too late. TGuy was in hysterics and saying, "Riiiiiiiiight. Memory like an elephant. Totally."
20.gif

You have balls. You just have more tact that I do, is all.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results